Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

:lol:

Poor Caliph.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
lol

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Is that a mod or something? The colors and flags are off.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Looks like the flat map mod.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

I think there was a HOI4 Q&A stream today? I didn't watch it yet....

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Oh new dev diary on domestic politics and policies I guess. Not sure if there's too much new there other than the vague stuff about democracies having situations where ruling parties have to form coalitions with Communists or Fascists.
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?830272-Hearts-of-Iron-IV-Developer-Diary-12-Internal-Politics

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

That sounds cool. Tbh i found HoI hard to learn so hopefully the new one will be less obtuse

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm OK with it being more complex than CK2 or EU4 but if I'm forced to do some ultra-faggy insanely indepth bullshit like manage the mid-level management in my pretend army I'm going to curbstomp friend of the family Wiz's head.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Larry Parrish posted:

I'm OK with it being more complex than CK2 or EU4 but if I'm forced to do some ultra-faggy insanely indepth bullshit like manage the mid-level management in my pretend army I'm going to curbstomp friend of the family Wiz's head.

i think they're specifically moving away from that with the involved planning system

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DICKHEAD posted:

i think they're specifically moving away from that with the involved planning system

i hope. unironically going to watch a video of someone else playing so i can mute it and stare in detail at the menus

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Larry Parrish posted:

hoi2 is already too micromanage-y with airpower and poo poo, i don't need any more of that!

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Effectronica posted:

hoi2 is already too micromanage-y with airpower and poo poo, i don't need any more of that!

seriously im trying so hard to like Darkest Hour but I just can't take it.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Larry Parrish posted:

seriously im trying so hard to like Darkest Hour but I just can't take it.

i also really hate the intelligence system because it's such bullshit

the japanese knew what ships were at pearl harbor, DH team!!!

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I don't think the intelligence system has changed at all since Armageddon.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

I don't think the intelligence system has changed at all since Armageddon.

no, in armageddon you had a "naval intelligence" mission that would give you a chance of seeing naval units of the target nation

but i've never, ever, even when using the console to max out tech, had that happen in DH.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

i have never in all my playthroughs of DH gotten anything useful out of the intelligence menu, even when i tried.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

BBJoey posted:

i have never in all my playthroughs of DH gotten anything useful out of the intelligence menu, even when i tried.

the chances to do things are retardedly low but the info you can get on enemies or neutrals is good, particularly when derailing. of course, you can only hit up your neighbors with it.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I would consider Wiz a white if he just made a DLC of poo poo to do in peacetime.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Sorced posted:

looks fine to me

what the gently caress have you done, wiz

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
*Stares in the distance, flashbacks of EU3 assault my fragile psyche*

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I was hankering for eu4 but that looks like levy bug level horseshit.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I hate to be a Wiz-type but I haven't seen it happen yet.

Also it's surprisingly fun to play rear end in a top hat Castile and murder Portugal and Aragorn regardless of whether they rival you or not. I was inspired by Spain on my Inca game where I westernized and saw that they had conquered half of Africa and had hardly colonized anything.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

If it's just some odd poo poo that's only happened to a few people then that's fine. I like when weird poo poo happens, as long as it's not an every game thing.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Iberians colonising eastern Siberia, for example.

EvilMike
Dec 6, 2004

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Iberians colonising eastern Siberia, for example.

the stuff in that screenshot, i've never seen that happen at least. usually for me, if that area of the world goes ahistorical, its usually just the golden horde being really strong or something like that.

spain/portugal in the northeastern pacific happens a bit less now too, since most of that area starts off owned now. there's still a small patch they can colonize though. mostly i'm just happy i'll never see Spanish Hokkaido again.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
In my new Castille game I haven't seen any patriot rebels defect to really weird places yet. It's not even 1500 yet though so who knows.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Spanish Siberia and Timurids blobbing to northern China instead of becoming Mughal are pretty much what happened on every playthrough I had

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Tuscany can get some insane tech discounts. Admin+Pluto+Innovative is already pulling me like 300 point techs.

Also Austria got inherited by the Palatinate lol but France my good ally got dragged into my war somehow several years in, so gently caress this game

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That's why I've started helping France in the early game, but soon after kicking them repeatedly until they aren't a significant threat because stop getting involved in my wars you Catholic fucks.

EvilMike
Dec 6, 2004

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Spanish Siberia and Timurids blobbing to northern China instead of becoming Mughal are pretty much what happened on every playthrough I had

for me the timurids usually disappear pretty quick. I see persia form a lot. i've never (i think) seen the mughals form though.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I lied. Apparently there's like a 50% chance for patriot rebels to pick a country that doesn't even have the same primary culture. It doesn't seem to cross outside of Culture groups though. I have a Portuguese province that wants to defect to Granada and a Catalan province that wants to defect to Navarra. Weird.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

EvilMike posted:

for me the timurids usually disappear pretty quick. I see persia form a lot. i've never (i think) seen the mughals form though.

I saw AI Timurids form Mughals once or twice. They have missions for those lands but they need to reform first, and the AI most of the times can't handle it. Persia forms with nationalist rebels, never historically as Ak Qoyunlu :lol:

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Get rid of lucky nations, Wiz the friend of the family. I don't care how every games poster tells you how bad it is when france doesn't snake through saxony, your poo poo bonuses are bad.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Turn lucky nations off, noob.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
How am I gonna get those cheevos?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Pretty sure rebels are broken right now, they just defect to random as gently caress people. Does it have to do with prestige?

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
It has to do with the team lead for EU4 being a poo poo eating Dane.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Average Bear posted:

How am I gonna get those cheevos?

Man up.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

https://twitter.com/producerjohan/status/557440996372656128

new eu4 expansion coming, no doubt wiz will find something new and exciting to gently caress up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Oh cool its a South/ Central American based xpac. Conquest of Paradise was too NA-based and playing as inca/aztec was boring as poo poo so its cool to see.