Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
"Fly" is great, people just hate it because it doesn't involve shooting people I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Fly might be my favorite episode of Breaking Bad.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I hear that Fly is an episode of the American series Breaking Bad that aired on AMC.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Deadpool posted:

I hear that Fly is an episode of the American series Breaking Bad that aired on AMC.

Woah there, controversial statement.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Fly is essentially a litmus test to see if you like BB for the right reasons or not.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
If you have archives it's really cool to read the original thread for season one of Breaking Bad because from the very first episode people were raving about how it was the best show on television. It wasn't until the season two thread that the Skyler hate and ridiculous "calling it" started, it's mostly just people in awe of what a brilliant show it is.

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
Just watched The Man in the High Castle pilot.

Am now mad that there's no more The Man in the High Castle for me to watch.

I also watched Down Dog because I like Paget Brewster and I wasn't very impressed, at all. :(

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!
Don't think I saw this posted, probably the most unnecessary spin-off in television history.

That's right a Dexter spinoff- starring DEXTER!
http://www.avclub.com/article/showtime-has-great-idea-dexter-spinoff-about-dexte-213899

:fuckoff:

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Annakie posted:

Just watched The Man in the High Castle pilot.

Am now mad that there's no more The Man in the High Castle for me to watch.

I also watched Down Dog because I like Paget Brewster and I wasn't very impressed, at all. :(

Agreed on both parts.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

CaptainHollywood posted:

Don't think I saw this posted, probably the most unnecessary spin-off in television history.

That's right a Dexter spinoff- starring DEXTER!
http://www.avclub.com/article/showtime-has-great-idea-dexter-spinoff-about-dexte-213899

:fuckoff:
Jeez Showtime, just loving uncancel the show, bring Scott Buck and friends back to make it and continue the lovely trainwreck. Don't pretend like a spinoff is gonna be a thing.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I'm sure I've heard about the "Dexter spinoff starring Dexter" idea once before.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Is Fresh off the Boat supposed to be Blackish for Asian people? It doesn't...feel that way, at least from the commercials. :ohdear:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Looks like kinda funny, but i got Korean mates.

Also your man was Kim Jong Un in the Interview.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Lycus posted:

I'm sure I've heard about the "Dexter spinoff starring Dexter" idea once before.

Yeah I think they said this exact same thing right after the show ended, I guess this is just a clarification/confirmation or something?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

VDay posted:

Yeah I think they said this exact same thing right after the show ended, I guess this is just a clarification/confirmation or something?

Its literally the exact same article from a year ago. They must of misposted it again.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

soapgish posted:

She has a mouse face and every single thing about the character was saccharine crap.

I always like to think Ted Mosby got struck by lightening at some point and the mother had to go to into Witness Protection, so the mom had to adopt a Sexy Baby persona to avoid Ted Mosby. Until she got a writing job at TGS, and Liz hosed it up for her.

It makes the HIMYM ending make a bit more sense, the kids are terrified of their dad, since he's stalking their mom, and if he moves on to Aunt Robin, they can maybe leave the couch.

thrakkorzog fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Jan 17, 2015

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx

soapgish posted:

She has a mouse face and every single thing about the character was saccharine crap.

She has a Yoda face and she's still adorable.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Irish Joe posted:

He's got a point, though. Its easy to dismiss a couple of cranks coming out of the woodwork to tear Cosby down decades after the alleged rapes occurred. When its over a dozen, some of whom are credible, it becomes harder to ignore. On top of that is the disturbing notion that a person can have his career and reputation ruined by unsubstantiated accusations over something that no one is in a position now, decades later, to prove or disprove. Does anyone really want to reward and encourage this kind of disgustingly reactionary mob rule? I certainly wouldn't if I were in Greenblatt's shoes.
This sounds very similar to the argument presented in The Newsroom's penultimate episode, "Oh Shenandoah".

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
To be fair I thought the main issue with that scene was that he was saying it to a probable rape victim. And false rape claims against celebrities are at least a little more likely to happen than with normal folk. I dunno I mean it's definitely a tough line to walk and it seems really silly of Feinberg to suggest that the second even one or two claims showed up everything should have been shut down.

Sophia
Apr 16, 2003

The heart wants what the heart wants.
I dunno I think Greenblatt's comment about accusations reaching "critical mass", like there's some tipping point where rape accusations stop being manageable, was pretty dumb to begin with and deserved to be challenged. But the response that accusations need to be creditable in some ways isn't unreasonable. It would have just been better if he'd led with that, because the way he put it implied that he wished he hadn't had to do it. "I guess I just can't stop this poo poo anymore, we've reached critical rape mass, sorry guys!"

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Oh yeah, I think that was some really poor wording there.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

It was a lovely "gotcha" kind of thing to ask in the first place. He might as well have asked if he'd stopped beating his wife yet.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

raditts posted:

It was a lovely "gotcha" kind of thing to ask in the first place. He might as well have asked if he'd stopped beating his wife yet.
Is it at all hypocritical that the same person called that Newsroom episode "abominable"?

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

raditts posted:

Well to be fair, Greenblatt took to the stage making a Cosby joke, so it's not as if he didn't expect it. Greenblatt made the 'critical mass' comment first and Fienberg followed it with the reasonable question about what makes 'critical mass' when the network would've known that Cosby had previously settled out of court for the same claims against him. Asking why 2 women weren't enough to dissuade the network but 15 women were isn't that lovely a thing to do.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Wow, live musical fad continues. Fox is doing Grease.

old dog child posted:

Is Fresh off the Boat supposed to be Blackish for Asian people? It doesn't...feel that way, at least from the commercials. :ohdear:
It's supposed to be closer to Everybody Hates Chris I think. Eddie Huang is doing VO's while someone else plays a kid version of him and his family in the 90s.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

Sober posted:

It's supposed to be closer to Everybody Hates Chris I think. Eddie Huang is doing VO's while someone else plays a kid version of him and his family in the 90s.

Wow, that kid must really be able to act. :v:

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Bown posted:

Fly is essentially a litmus test to see if you like BB for the right reasons or not.

What are the right reasons for liking Breaking Bad oh infallible arbiter of subjective judgments?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

IRQ posted:

What are the right reasons for liking Breaking Bad oh infallible arbiter of subjective judgments?
Only people who grew up watching Malcolm in the Middle can legitimately appreciate Breaking Bad.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

FactsAreUseless posted:

Only people who grew up watching Malcolm in the Middle can legitimately appreciate Breaking Bad.

The Malcolm in the Middle finale is a litmus test to see if you like Malcolm in the Middle or not.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Portlandia's back y'all.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

IRQ posted:

If someone says, "That episode of Breaking Bad sucked because Walt wasn't a bad rear end and no one died" - they really shouldn't be watching the show.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I only watch it to see white dudes killing Mexicans

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

CaptainHollywood posted:

If someone says, "That episode of Breaking Bad sucked because Walt wasn't a bad rear end and no one died" - they really shouldn't be watching the show.

Or maybe people can watch whatever the gently caress they want and if it bugs you you can just ignore them.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
In "Holy poo poo!" news, Fox is in talks with Chris Carter to bring back The X-Files. With Mulder and Scully.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2015/01/17/fox-x-files/

New Twin Peaks. Possible new X-Files. Let's just bring back the 90s.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I watched the pilot episode of X-Files recently to see what the HD print was like (spoiler: great, it looks seriously great) and I was taken back by just how much I enjoyed it. I loved the show as a kid, enjoyed the s1 rewatched I did about 15 years ago but was genuinely surprised just how good it is. It just looks so different to virtually everything that airs now that's become so reliant on CG when they just had basic effects... if they can nail the feel of the early seasons again, I would be straight up on a new X-Files.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

So are there any BBC shows I should binge on Netflix before they disappear? The article I just read says Luther and Doctor Who are staying so no rush on them and it seems like Sherlock and House of Cards are the only ones that stand out to me and might disappear. But I'm comfortable missing both of those. Anything else I should rush to watch?

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

EL BROMANCE posted:

I watched the pilot episode of X-Files recently to see what the HD print was like (spoiler: great, it looks seriously great) and I was taken back by just how much I enjoyed it. I loved the show as a kid, enjoyed the s1 rewatched I did about 15 years ago but was genuinely surprised just how good it is. It just looks so different to virtually everything that airs now that's become so reliant on CG when they just had basic effects... if they can nail the feel of the early seasons again, I would be straight up on a new X-Files.

Is this the version on Netflix? I've been meaning to rewatch it with Kumail's podcast, but I had no idea that they had an HD version available.

Now that Mulder's TV show is done (at least I loving hope so, it's been floundering forever), Scully has been doing decent stuff in Britain but never really finding an audience here, and Chris Carter's Amazon apocalypse show is not being made (apparently I was the only one that thought it was a go still), why the gently caress not? Even with a smallish budget, they could do things way beyond what was possible when the show was first aired. I'm of the small minority that still liked it with the T-1000 but tapped out with the other lady and her awful leather jackets.

STAC Goat posted:

So are there any BBC shows I should binge on Netflix before they disappear? The article I just read says Luther and Doctor Who are staying so no rush on them and it seems like Sherlock and House of Cards are the only ones that stand out to me and might disappear. But I'm comfortable missing both of those. Anything else I should rush to watch?

What article? Is Top Gear disappearing too? I thought that was one of the (if not the most) popular shows in the world, but I'm not sure if that makes it more or less likely to go away. I just started watching Season 1 again and I was hoping to get caught back up.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

hcreight posted:

In "Holy poo poo!" news, Fox is in talks with Chris Carter to bring back The X-Files. With Mulder and Scully.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2015/01/17/fox-x-files/

New Twin Peaks. Possible new X-Files. Let's just bring back the 90s.

It's great because this week Gillian Anderson was on the Nerdist podcast and she spent like a third of the interview coyly going "Do you think there would be any interest in X-Files returning? What do you think it would be about?" in a way that made me immediately think that something was already in motion behind the scenes.

Ariza posted:

Is this the version on Netflix? I've been meaning to rewatch it with Kumail's podcast, but I had no idea that they had an HD version available.

Kumail's podcast is great just for all the stuff from the old Usenet boards that he digs up. Even if it does kind of drag when a guest uses the X-Files as a springboard to launch into a Buzzfeed-level rant about how the government is evil just like in X-Files because look what they did to Snowden maaaaan.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

Ariza posted:

Scully has been doing decent stuff in Britain but never really finding an audience here, and Chris Carter's Amazon apocalypse show is not being made (apparently I was the only one that thought it was a go still), why the gently caress not?

She got upgraded to regular on Hannibal

Unfortunately that won't be airing til SUMMER now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

Ariza posted:

What article? Is Top Gear disappearing too? I thought that was one of the (if not the most) popular shows in the world, but I'm not sure if that makes it more or less likely to go away. I just started watching Season 1 again and I was hoping to get caught back up.

Variety claims that most of Top Gear will be disappearing, with only seasons 17-20 remaining on Netflix.

I'm kind of bummed that Spooks/MI-5 is going away.

Baronash fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Jan 18, 2015

• Locked thread