Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Sapient Afro posted:

The Massacro Racecar (or the normal version, there's only a minor difference) is best for tracks with a lot of straights, the Elegy is best for really technical tracks (which pubbies avoid like the plague) and the Jester Racecar is somewhere in between. The Zentorno is pretty much the flat out best at everything in its class.

Yeah I dig the Jester Racecar a lot however it will straight up get beat pretty hard by the Massacro Racecar on long stretches. Found that out the hard way against, I think, Malice. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Populon posted:

I like the feltzer in sports class but its not really the best car to use. Also I pretty much never do super races because they are boring and have no variety.

Word. I love my matte white Feltzer and hate custom super races. My only super is a fully modded Cheetah.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

turismo r is like :eyepop:

Populon
Mar 1, 2008

What's the matter,scared?

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

Word. I love my matte white Feltzer and hate custom super races. My only super is a fully modded Cheetah.

My only super is an infernus but thats more for ramping people off of me in freeroam.I do a lot of racing in muscle class just because I love how lovely drat near every car drives. It's like GTAIV again!

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

Missed the first jump, tried to kill myself to restart... Failed killing myself and pulled off an epic flip instead.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39ZdLXGxHrQ

I love this game.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

MrLonghair posted:

Replaying the SP, I never actually knew you could get Michael's view of going to Ludendorff Cemetary. Open it up officially for MP shenanigans please.

Wait, you can get anyone else's?

Also, hit me up if you wanna trade race wins: DoctorIronic on PS4.

Sax Solo
Feb 18, 2011

They took away my Christmas clothes but they left me with boobcat tank.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

I win plenty of (read: some) races in my Cheetah. As long as you're not racing BitBasher or guys from a dedicated racing crew then your Cheetah should be fine.

E: I've beaten BitBasher in the Cheetah too, all you need is a gimmick race that you've practiced and he hasn't :smuggo:

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Sapient Afro posted:

The Massacro Racecar (or the normal version, there's only a minor difference) is best for tracks with a lot of straights, the Elegy is best for really technical tracks (which pubbies avoid like the plague) and the Jester Racecar is somewhere in between. The Zentorno is pretty much the flat out best at everything in its class.

What's the difference between the types of Massacro? I accidentally bought the non-racecar version. It's fully modded so I'm not taking the money hit by selling it. I'm just curious.

me your dad fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Jan 16, 2015

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

Its supposedly tweaked to have slightly better handling but much of that is probably confirmation bias.

We updated the OP a month or so ago with the consensus list of "best in class" cars for racing so check that out.

If you want to troll pubbies and grind race wins at the same time, host a race on a track you're comfortable racing on (mine was Taking Off ~55 second laps). Set it to 1 lap, non contact. If you have a car that you've got performance upgrades on set it to custom for that class. Auto invite, the moment someone joins (gets the green light next to their name) start the race and win. You can replay races over and over, once your pubbie leaves just auto invite at the lobby screen, wait for someone to join and go again.

I_Socom
Jul 18, 2007

A great ride that requires finesse and effort to get the best out of it.

Slim Killington posted:

Same with digitalprophet on PSN. I don't need wins but I'll let you get some. I need a rally race win!

And me! Don't need any race wins, but need the rally win to get on my way to plat. On PS4, PSN is snappy_sam.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
When I did rally races back on the ps3, I used a second ps3 and second tv to racecheat. I don't think many pubs got a good impression of rally races after that.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

titties posted:

I win plenty of (read: some) races in my Cheetah. As long as you're not racing BitBasher or guys from a dedicated racing crew then your Cheetah should be fine.

E: I've beaten BitBasher in the Cheetah too, all you need is a gimmick race that you've practiced and he hasn't :smuggo:

On the tarmac was it? Los Santos Airport? Catch up was on? I remember that, the sight of Cheetah tail lights has been burned into my memory forever! That was some good poo poo.

Regarding the Massacro vs Racing Massacro they turn near identical lap times for me. People say there are subtle differences but in actual practice they seem to turn laps inside a tenth of a second of each other. I don't think it's worth the money to trade a non livery for a livery.

In races with catch up on the difference between cars is far less pronounced. A Cheetah can win races just not as reliably as a Massacro. When catch up is off or non-contact is on then the smaller differences get far more pronounced.

Hell, probably 2/3 of my sports class wins were in a Carbonizarre.

BitBasher fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Jan 16, 2015

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Anyone up to spawn me a Romero Hearse? My Xbox One GT is Cappy Bottoms.

Also are the big heists still planned for this month?

Sapient Afro
Jan 22, 2012

Well, you threatened to shove a knife up his dickhole.

me your dad posted:

What's the difference between the types of Massacro? I accidentally bought the non-racecar version. It's fully modded so I'm not taking the money hit by selling it. I'm just curious.

The racecar version has slightly better traction and stiffer suspension. It would rarely make a difference even in a high level race, but I like it because it makes the car feel a bit more responsive.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:
If it's not already been announced or said somewhere then I apologise, but GTA V is currently available for pre-order on PC and apparently if you pre-order now you get $1,000,000 as well as a free copy of San Andreas too.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Trip report from last night -- that Fast and the Furious tribute plays beautifully.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Anyone trying to rank to 100 as fast as possible on PS4, I'm gonna grind missions for like 7 hours tonight. Preferably 4 player missions so we get more variety.

PSN: clown_skull and I'll be spamming crew invites for whoever wants to play.

Dox023
Feb 23, 2009

im pooping! posted:

Anyone trying to rank to 100 as fast as possible on PS4, I'm gonna grind missions for like 7 hours tonight. Preferably 4 player missions so we get more variety.

What time are you looking to start running missions clown? I haven't played GTA V in around a week and i'm down to run a 7 hour mission block.

PSN: Dox023

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

im pooping! posted:

Meh, I'm down for parts of it. I don't particularly care how fast I level to 100 since I'm 91 already since the PS4 launch, but the money sounds good in between me selling my chrome dubstas.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

starting at 8-9 EST

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Speaking of leveling, I'm dead close to 120 and I aim to get it tonight. I'll be on after 8:00 p.m. ET and looking for missions if anyone is interested. Daddy wants a minigun, however useless it is.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

I'll probably be on in a little bit and don't mind leveling. Add me to your list and message me -- trainwreck708

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

I'm on as well and will just be racing or whatever.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

oh yeah I've been drinking too so no light post is safe

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

me your dad posted:

oh yeah I've been drinking too so no light post is safe

That's pretty much me driving even when stone cold sober.

Dox/Malice/anyone who's been in a car with me can attest to that. :3:

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gL_EtSrHtPY

My friend tried to help me with the police but he got shot in the struggle.

Dangerous Person fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Jan 17, 2015

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Since there's a "Max health increase" popup at every level so far (98) does that poo poo continue indefinitely forever? Are the odd level 1000 players I see running around with ungodly gigantic health pools?

Does it even have any impact on your health because I feel no less squishy than I did starting out, really

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Bobtista posted:

Since there's a "Max health increase" popup at every level so far (98) does that poo poo continue indefinitely forever? Are the odd level 1000 players I see running around with ungodly gigantic health pools?

Does it even have any impact on your health because I feel no less squishy than I did starting out, really

Doesn't feel like it to me. I was at max health and got killed by an NPC with two rifle shots and I'm at level 70. Almost seems (to me) like the health/damage ratio scales, although I could be and am totally wrong.

Corpus Smegma
May 18, 2009
Im up for trading races or general shenanigans and missions most times. Add flip_babylon_jr we can ride around in my station wagon and look for don barris models at the comedy store.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Bobtista posted:

The popup's glitched. I'm level 250+ and I still get it every level. If the bars that show up on the popup are full then your health is maxed out. I think it happens around level 80.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
I don't remember who it was in our session last night that was lamenting about Top Gear on Netflix but this is for you

Dox023
Feb 23, 2009

Slim Killington posted:

I don't remember who it was in our session last night that was lamenting about Top Gear on Netflix but this is for you

That would be me Dox023 and thanks for finding that. We ran a good block of missions last night and we should try to get the group back together again tonight if people are around.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Ill be up for some racing later tonight.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

It seems like I missed most of the missions last night but I, "niceboyonline", would be down to grind missions and RP tonight

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol
I've been stuck at the library all day studying statistics and reading. I will have no major obligations until tomorrow thus I want to gently caress poo poo up online this evening, around 9PM EST-ish.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

I plan to fortify myself with rum and hop online tonight as well. Down for races/general fuckery.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

The only fun races I've ever played are the ones where you have to bike juuust right to hop through an open container and Quick Getaway, which is a race that mimics the story mode escape after the first heist

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

The only fun races I've ever played are the ones where you have to bike juuust right to hop through an open container and Quick Getaway, which is a race that mimics the story mode escape after the first heist

That horse race track was fun.....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
The Sand King mud pit GTA race was a lot more fun than Horse Factory IMO, but I was sweating like a whore in church from the moment I took first until the end of the race. It's some high blood pressure kinda poo poo.

I'm also down for getting drunk and playing tonight.

• Locked thread