Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol
I'm going to cheat and not be drunk.

(I've got to be up early every day now, so it's just not worth it and at 32 hangovers loving suck)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heartstrings Tugboat
Sep 5, 2002

Can I get an Imponte Dukes on ps4?

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
edit: never mind, misunderstood what you meant

If you're just asking if it's possible yeah, you can buy one via the phone. If you're asking if someone will help spawn you one, I will if nobody else gets on before I'm off work (3:30 CST)

Heartstrings Tugboat
Sep 5, 2002

Slim Killington posted:

edit: never mind, misunderstood what you meant

If you're just asking if it's possible yeah, you can buy one via the phone. If you're asking if someone will help spawn you one, I will if nobody else gets on before I'm off work (3:30 CST)

I was asking if possible. I was just now reading that apparently only returning players can get it?

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
I do think you have to be a transfer character to buy one, but they're supposed to spawn in traffic (though rarely).

Sapient Afro
Jan 22, 2012

Well, you threatened to shove a knife up his dickhole.

Slim Killington posted:

I do think you have to be a transfer character to buy one, but they're supposed to spawn in traffic (though rarely).

They're considered "premium" vehicles though and can't be stored if stolen off the streets.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

I couldn't make it 7 hours with missions only. Once I got into free roam around 1:30, I made it my mission to murder the dude talking loudly over his mic into his telephone to his girlfriend as many times as possible.

I will definitely be playing later today and I'm like 1.5 levels away from rank 100(which doesn't matter apparently because the heavy sniper is king of weapons).

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Sapient Afro posted:

They're considered "premium" vehicles though and can't be stored if stolen off the streets.

Figures.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

im pooping! posted:

I couldn't make it 7 hours with missions only. Once I got into free roam around 1:30, I made it my mission to murder the dude talking loudly over his mic into his telephone to his girlfriend as many times as possible.

I noticed that, 1:30 was when I got on haha ;(

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

All this talk of races has prompted me to publish my second race.

http://rsg.ms/3a6ec93

Give it a shot, input is appreciated. It's a Buccaneer race as the name suggests. Pier to airport to pier, point to point. There's no gimmicky poo poo in this one, just a fairly high speed race for land boats.

BitBasher fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Jan 17, 2015

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

I noticed that, 1:30 was when I got on haha ;(

As I was killing the guy over and over, 2 people started talking to each other, one explaining how to exploit LSC to make a poo poo load of money to the other, who was like level 15 and had the game for like 2 weeks. I took it upon myself to tell the newbie how to make more money legitimately by doing missions, with the added benefit of leveling up and having more fun while doing it.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

BitBasher posted:

All this talk of races has prompted me to publish my second race.

http://rsg.ms/3a6ec93

Give it a shot, input is appreciated. It's a Buccaneer race as the name suggests. Pier to airport to pier, point to point. There's no gimmicky poo poo in this one, just a fairly high speed race for land boats.

This just reminded me that I made a race a few weeks ago and never even tried to play it. Maybe we can get these both in a playlist tonight or something.

Dox023
Feb 23, 2009

im pooping! posted:

I will definitely be playing later today and I'm like 1.5 levels away from rank 100(which doesn't matter apparently because the heavy sniper is king of weapons).

Any idea what time you'll be on tonight clown? I'll definitely be down to do more missions tonight since we had a good crew last night, and I want my own heavy sniper.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Same as yesterday most likely, 8-9 I'll start(like 1 hour from now)

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Second race of the day is up. Wail Like a Banshee, A nighttime race from the Vinewood bowl to maze bank arena in, surprisingly enough, Banshees.
http://rsg.ms/b23d4d8

BitBasher fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Jan 18, 2015

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Here's the link to mine again, if anyone wants it for later this evening: http://rsg.ms/d772042

Most fun on bikes, a good challenge with sports, I would only go larger than that if you're looking for the complete mayhem route.

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol
Had a glorious battle with pubbies trying to hold the downtown LSC on my own. Proximity mines and my uzi and their tears fueled my rampage. Goddamn I missed this.

Populon
Mar 1, 2008

What's the matter,scared?

Oh we're posting races now are we? http://rsg.ms/d71c918 Here is my first decent lap race around the sandy shores area.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Check out my new car! Wanna see my new car? Look at the new car I bought! Hey guys, look! My new car! Check it out! Isn't my new ride sweet? Do you like it? It's new! Just bought it! Come see it!

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
Anyone on PS4 down to roll and gently caress around with people? psn scyron57

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Anyone want grind out a few missions on PS4 right now? Add me: literallygary

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
Managed to nab one of them gang dominators for 19.8k. Pretty nice vs the 9k standard baller I was going around collecting.

I gotta try and get one of them rat loaders or sandking gang cars next.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Scyron posted:

Managed to nab one of them gang dominators for 19.8k. Pretty nice vs the 9k standard baller I was going around collecting.

I gotta try and get one of them rat loaders or sandking gang cars next.

Chrome Dubstas are where it is at. $23k as-is. $34 with LSC glitch

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Hockles posted:

Chrome Dubstas are where it is at. $23k as-is. $34 with LSC glitch

Yeah, I was trying to find one of them, but I wasn't able too by the time it got dark and I still don't remember nor could find in the 5 minutes I tried, their location. I was going to do some heavy research later when I get serious about playing/making money. I'm sitting on 300k, and I've never been one to spend a ton of cash wastefully.

Granted, if the fireworks launcher's ammo was offered year round, I would be flat broke every day.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Question for you all - I hopped back into playing missions on GTA Online this week after months of just driving around and loving off, and I keep having something happen. We are ABOUT to finish the mission, return the package or whatever, and the dude with the package won't do it for like 20 minutes. He runs around, everyone else is driving around and loving around, and they just won't do the last thing to finish the mission. Why?! It's happened enough times that I can tell it isn't trolling.

I saw that R* 'rebalanced' the mission payouts and whatnot to make it more worthwhile to just take missions as they come instead of waiting for more lucrative ones, so my best assumption is you get paid more when the mission takes longer or something, but I can't find an actual answer.

shmee
Jun 24, 2005

GenoCanSing posted:

my best assumption is you get paid more when the mission takes longer or something

Your best assumption is correct.

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

What those tards don't realize is that it pays more to just go complete another mission instead of farting around for 10 minutes.

It would be nice if R* would modify the missions so that more of them had timers. e.g. in Rooftop Rampage, as soon as someone takes the documents (and therefore has sole control of when the mission ends) it should start a 3-4 minute timer. If someone can't get the documents back in that amount of time they're going to fail the mission anyways.

Craptacular fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Jan 19, 2015

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

Craptacular posted:

What those tards don't realize is that it pays more to just go complete another mission instead of farting around for 10 minutes.

It would be nice if R* would modify the missions so that more of them had timers. e.g. in Rooftop Rampage, as soon as someone takes the documents (and therefore has sole control of when the mission ends) it should start a 3-4 minute timer. If someone can't get the documents back in that amount of time they're going to fail the mission anyways.

I mostly agree with you (Rockstar even has a message on one of the loading screens that says something like "dont waste time. you'll make more money just going to the next mission.") but I think there is kind of a balance to it. Missions like Denial of Service and Mixed Up with Coke can be finished in less than a minute with a group that knows what they're doing and they'll pay out a measly $3,000 dollars or something but if you take your time and make it last 5-6 minutes you'll get over $10,000. If you do it too fast you'll barely cover your sticky bomb costs.

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

Those missions aren't as annoying, because it's impossible to stretch those missions out unless everyone in the group tries to do it. The annoying missions are the ones where one person has the documents/drugs/money/whatever and then it's up to that person to determine when they return it. Everyone else either has the option to quit and lose out on their money, or stick around with their thumbs up their butts.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

Craptacular posted:

Those missions aren't as annoying, because it's impossible to stretch those missions out unless everyone in the group tries to do it. The annoying missions are the ones where one person has the documents/drugs/money/whatever and then it's up to that person to determine when they return it. Everyone else either has the option to quit and lose out on their money, or stick around with their thumbs up their butts.

I think there's like a sweet spot to hit where you're making thousands of extra dollars per minute that tapers off or maxes out completely around 10 minutes. I think the ideal time for most missions, particularly the Gerald and Simeon ones, is like 7-10 minutes. I like to add a bit of time to missions by killing some of the guys that chase you in cars, blowing up the parked enemy vehicles at the drug deals, or even follow traffic laws and sight see on the way to the destination. Another fun thing I like to do is use pistols or muskets only to make the combat sequences longer.

I usually don't play missions with pubbies to avoid those 30 minute coke deliveries though because that is super annoying.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I typically take my time, but I also usually play by myself. As I see it, I make the same either way, probably less given what weapons I tend to use when it comes to missions.

I understand the mechanic behind go-go-go with some missions, but at that point I'd rather just race, and put betting in play and having some no ammo consumption fun happening. I dunno, if that is too min-maxing, but as I see it, if I am using ammo it should be at a loss, both in my money and the life of a pub.

edit; I might hop on later, I dunno how late I am staying up. As per usual, I'll probably just be selling cars and flying around in the buzzard, while passive.

Scyron fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Jan 19, 2015

Heartstrings Tugboat
Sep 5, 2002

It does pay to wait it out in a lot of non-mission jobs. I love playing stupid jobs like the snipers vs stunters, and if a team wins a round too early, the payout is severely limited. Going the full 5 minutes per round nets 10k and change to the winner each round.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I forget how annoying retarded rear end-backwards the Assisted Aim in this is. If it's not on your side, you're hosed.
Half an inch to the right? Naw, not going to target them, but the dot with a shotgun is going to lock onto you!
Pointblank in the middle of the street? Haha NO! Don't bother rolling because the dot is going to stay locked for you though.
Police 50 degrees to your left or the dot you're looking directly at. Better target the police even though they're not chasing you.
At least if I'm dying in Free Aim it's because they're just better at aiming but it seems gently caress all LLJK playing in Free-aim.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

My character was Tebowing for some reason after causing some massive explosions. God didn't save her from the fire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMPpt2ePwoI

Craptacular posted:

You mean like this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHuF8NFU3Jg
They were all laughing at me though for some reason before this

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Scyron posted:

Yeah, I was trying to find one of them, but I wasn't able too by the time it got dark and I still don't remember nor could find in the 5 minutes I tried, their location. I was going to do some heavy research later when I get serious about playing/making money. I'm sitting on 300k, and I've never been one to spend a ton of cash wastefully.

9am - 3pm is the time they spawn. Banking 1 Dubsta to be the anchor that causes the others (that you sell) to spawn is key. I got my first one using just a generic Dubsta I found out in the world.

I circled the intersection. Just slowly cruise past it during that time, and it should spawn.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Craptacular posted:

Say what you will about killing time but a bunch of us drove down to the Del Perro Pier during a mission and spent ten minutes punching people out and it was more fun than hours and hours I've spent in free-roam.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Hockles posted:

9am - 3pm is the time they spawn. Banking 1 Dubsta to be the anchor that causes the others (that you sell) to spawn is key. I got my first one using just a generic Dubsta I found out in the world.

I circled the intersection. Just slowly cruise past it during that time, and it should spawn.

Hop in your own chrome Dubsta and start driving from the black circle and drive up to the area, it will almost always spawn the Chrome Dubsta (As long as there's no-one else up there loving around it seems) on the left side of the intersection if you're between 9am and 3pm.

Dox023
Feb 23, 2009

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

Say what you will about killing time but a bunch of us drove down to the Del Perro Pier during a mission and spent ten minutes punching people out and it was more fun than hours and hours I've spent in free-roam.

Yeah, and using the knife on civilians while in first person was hilarious too. I don't remember who suggested that but it was a brilliant idea.

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

If you don't want to bother with the Dubstas or it's not time for them to spawn, you can also grab a Baller and do the Sad Trombone trick to sell it for 22k. Just drive into LSC and select suspension, and just scroll through the list and the Sad Trombone is free then and you can equip it and bam, 22k in your pocket.

EDIT: Duh, it's mentioned in the op. Nice work on keeping that updated then I guess haha

Quasipox fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Jan 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Doing missions with pubbies is almost always a nightmare because of the amount of time it takes. I generally like to take my time on missions because it feels like a chore grinding them out as fast as possible. With vocal communication, even dicking around for a few minutes with other people beats the poo poo out of pubbies artificially extending the time in the most inconsiderate way possible.

That's why if I have control of a mission critical vehicle with a lot of time to spare, I'll at least park it near the objective marker and GTFO so if someone is sick of my poo poo they can just turn it in on their own. If someone asks me to turn something in, I'll do it if it's on my person, and if I really want to just gently caress off for a few minutes, I'll kill myself and someone can just pick up the package or whatever and turn it in at their leisure. And it doesn't outright piss me off, but it gets kind of boring when a mission can be completed in like 90 seconds with a buzzard and pays out $4k. I'd rather spend some time blowing up cars or punching people in the face or whatever. Even being able to shoot extra spawns for RP is better than nothing I guess.

• Locked thread