Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Tollymain posted:

so is this caught up to the raws now?

Yeah, we're waiting on the usual Jump break now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Zweihander01 posted:

Really enjoying the mangaka's commitment to visual gags with the invisible girl.

Full-frontal nudity in a Shonen Jump manga? Oy.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Good golly gosh look at that fresh new chapter

http://bato.to/read/_/298405/boku-no-hero-academia_ch26_by_fallen-angels

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I loving cheered. Deku is amazing. :allears:

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

t-ten million? o_o

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

That was really cool, though I imagine he's going to be pretty hosed in this next competition.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Jan 17, 2015

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

When time slip happens indeed

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

I realize shes supposed to be exhausted/dissapointed but Uraraka looks like a stumbling drunk instead

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Meme Emulator posted:

I realize shes supposed to be exhausted/dissapointed but Uraraka looks like a stumbling drunk instead

I think that's a side effect of using her power too much. She is very dizzy right now.

Also, I have a feeling that Deku is going to have to use his powers next round. Pretty eager to see who is going to group up with him. His buds or maybe some surprise team-up?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Are there two people with invisibility powers, or is 40 another case of removing someone's head to put in text?

Also I can't decide which I love more, Bakugou's 3 face or Midoriya's reaction to the points values.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Gyges posted:

Are there two people with invisibility powers, or is 40 another case of removing someone's head to put in text?

No that's definitely intentional, so I don't know what the gently caress's up.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
Oh no, I think Navel Lazer caved his stomach in. :ohdear:

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

The voice bubble is coming from inside the neck. So I guess they can shrink their head, somehow?

papasyhotcakes
Oct 18, 2008

kidcoelacanth posted:

No that's definitely intentional, so I don't know what the gently caress's up.

Maybe there is an invisible man too? The suit seems to be much bigger than invisi-girl's

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I feel bad for Iida; this competition was almost tailor-made for him. If his power isn't good enough to avoid the robots at the beginning of the race, it doesn't seem to be that useful in general. I also don't see why he couldn't use his leg engines to make big jumps to deal with stuff like the tight rope section.

edit: Deku should start the next match off by sacrificing one of his fingers to make a giant explosion and intimidate a bunch of the other competitors as a result.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

I feel bad for Iida; this competition was almost tailor-made for him. If his power isn't good enough to avoid the robots at the beginning of the race, it doesn't seem to be that useful in general. I also don't see why he couldn't use his leg engines to make big jumps to deal with stuff like the tight rope section.

edit: Deku should start the next match off by sacrificing one of his fingers to make a giant explosion and intimidate a bunch of the other competitors as a result.

Iida's power was perfectly optimised for this, but he's just not a very imaginative, creative guy, and imagination and creativity were the real winners in this event. Gee, would you look at that, a character arc to pursue.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Mr. Fowl posted:

Also, I have a feeling that Deku is going to have to use his powers next round. Pretty eager to see who is going to group up with him. His buds or maybe some surprise team-up?
Who would even want to be on his team with a ten million point bounty on his head? Everyone would be gunning for you, and you'd be ineligible to claim it for yourself.

There's a lot of ways it could go, but the author's been pretty good about giving each student a chance to shine so long as they're in Deku's company, so my bet is he'll wind up paired off with someone he hasn't worked with previously. Probably some of the low-ballers.

Interesting though that the next round's uniquely suited to Grape Juice's powers.

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011

Darth Walrus posted:

Iida's power was perfectly optimised for this, but he's just not a very imaginative, creative guy, and imagination and creativity were the real winners in this event. Gee, would you look at that, a character arc to pursue.

In a different sense, I think that his two big problems were the tightrope and Todoroki. The first one is a situation where his enhanced legs aren't of any use. The second can make his legs into a liability.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Bad Seafood posted:

Interesting though that the next round's uniquely suited to Grape Juice's powers.

Can you elaborate?

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.

Mraagvpeine posted:

Can you elaborate?

He can cover himself in stick balls so that people grab that instead of his bandana, since his own balls don't stick to himself. After that it snowballs since his balls will just continue to stick to other stuff as people make contact with each other.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Part of me is expecting Izuku to get paired off with Bakugou because nobody wants to be on the same team as either of them, though Kirishima might be willing to put up with him since they were becoming bros during the villain attack. Other than that, the only other non-out-of-nowhere choices would be Tsuyu, Iida, and/or Uraraka.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Oh geez, Sticky Mouse. Did you pull Momo's shirt open on purpose?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Say Nothing posted:

Oh geez, Sticky Mouse. Did you pull Momo's shirt open on purpose?

She pulled it open near the start to make a cannon. She seems to be the fanservice character but at least she has a reason for it.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Ahahahah this manga owns

No one with few points would want to pair off with Izuku, so that leaves pretty much anyone with a lot of points. Basically, you want Izuku to make it through without getting his bandana taken so other people couldn't make it even further ahead of you given how much Izuku is worth. The high-scoring kids could potentially make up the difference and win in future events but not if someone gets a zillion points right now.

I'm not up on the rules of the human horse thing; don't you lose or something if you fall off? I originally thought it was a pushing competition or something rather than a "steal the guy's armband/bandana/whatever" thing.

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011
I was under the impression that it was armband for points, knock down for an out deal, but I freely admit to not knowing the rules from Peter.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Because if knocking over the warhorse is a viable strategy I say it's time for a Hulk clap.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Fabricated posted:

Basically, you want Izuku to make it through without getting his bandana taken

I imagine this is how it's going to play out, because the 10 million points seems like a ridiculous figure that would more or less mean winning the tournament, so the easiest option is to have no one getting it in the first place.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Surely the points work out that if Izuku survives the game his team get the points?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The next events will just ramp up the point values more and more, making the previous events pointless.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

This is basically Quidditch and Izuku is the Snitch.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I wonder if the headless character (not invisigirl) is a jibe at the translator who accidentally removed a character's head when moving word bubbles around?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yes, I'm very sure the mangaka made a reference to a mistake in a technically illegal fan translation.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Say Nothing posted:

I wonder if the headless character (not invisigirl) is a jibe at the translator who accidentally removed a character's head when moving word bubbles around?

Uh, I hope you mean the cleaner/translator.

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm

Say Nothing posted:

Considering that chapters are finished weeks before they get printed, no way in hell.

Man Dancer
Apr 22, 2008

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I guess no-head is just a random character then.
And number 37 looks like something out of mlp.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.

Say Nothing posted:

I guess no-head is just a random character then.
And number 37 looks like something out of mlp.

I want to believe that's a moth-girl because that's an adorable idea. :3:

Actually there's quite a few bug-themed mutant heroes, huh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

tlarn posted:

I want to believe that's a moth-girl because that's an adorable idea. :3:

Actually there's quite a few bug-themed mutant heroes, huh?

Well the author seems to be a fan of Kamen Rider.