Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Discount Trombones
Jan 22, 2014
I mostly just enjoy Dario Cueto yelling.

"LADDER MAAAAAATCH"
"AZTEC WARFAAAAAAARE"

Somebody ought to get on a youtube supercut of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I can't wait until this show come sout on DVD. So glad it exists. Lucha Libre! (kind of)

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

Discount Trombones posted:

"LADDER MAAAAAATCH"
"AZTEC WARFAAAAAAARE"

When the Authority finally goes away for real I want Dario as the new authority figure and for them to change nothing about him. Yelling everything, making belts out of aztec gold, all of it.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

"LADDER MAAAAAATCH"
"AZTEC WARFAAAAAAARE"

Funny you should ask, because El Rey pulled a Stupid Youtube Trick on us.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Suben posted:

When the Authority finally goes away for real I want Dario as the new authority figure and for them to change nothing about him. Yelling everything, making belts out of aztec gold, all of it.

It would also be super progressive to have a Latino guy in charge. Never happened in a U.S. promotion since they started using authority figures, and the guy has charisma.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

Suben posted:

I would also like this to have no build up or be mentioned in any way, he just wanders in with briefcases full of cash and starts rambling in the ring about the mythical gold from the 7 Lost Aztec Tribes

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

It would also be super progressive to have a Latino guy in charge. Never happened in a U.S. promotion since they started using authority figures, and the guy has charisma.

Armando Estrada was GM of WWECW for a hot minute, wasn't he?

Edit: After a wikipedia glance, I am now utterly confused as to Armando's actual background and withdraw the question.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Angular Landbury posted:

Armando Estrada was GM of WWECW for a hot minute, wasn't he?

Edit: After a wikipedia glance, I am now utterly confused as to Armando's actual background and withdraw the question.

I wish they'd bring back Armando as a manager. Hell, put him with Itami when you call Itami up, sell him as Armando's new pain machine.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Spermgod posted:

It really feels like the show is run by TV people who understand traditional TV storytelling but not wrestling booking. I get that they're trying to show growth with Puma by having him start out losing a bunch but that doesn't work if you're trying to position him as your top guy in a wrestling promotion.

It's miles ahead of WWE booking and writing, and it's improving.

I like the fact Sexy Star made it to the final four too.

NutritiousSnack fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Jan 11, 2015

Discount Trombones
Jan 22, 2014

Suben posted:

Well, IMDB lists "Jack and Jill" as a career highlight for him. I haven't seen that movie, but I'm now assuming it's about Adam Sandler and Adam Sandler's twin sister competing in some kind of secret fighting tournament.

What I'm trying to say is, he should definitely stay in wrestling.

Dario Cueto, that is. Not sure about Sandler.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Not sure about Sandler.

Sandler would do amazing in WWE creative.

"Give Dolph Ziggler a pickle for an arm and call him 'Mr. Pickle Arm.'"

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Is it true that Aerostar is coming to LU? I haven't really kept up with it like I should have, but an English commentary show with Puma, Cage, and Aerostar sounds too good to be true.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

I haven't been watching lately but I really liked the first couple shows and Mark Burnett's a very impressive name by the standards of people who get involved in wrestling. It's an interesting project, it's just hard when you realize you have like seven hours of backlog and it's a show that really demands your attention (unlike Raw, where I'm here and on skype and usually cooking at the same time)

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

NickRoweFillea posted:

Is it true that Aerostar is coming to LU? I haven't really kept up with it like I should have, but an English commentary show with Puma, Cage, and Aerostar sounds too good to be true.

Aerostar is debuting this week according to Lucha Underground's twitter.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

this owns so far, cage looked great

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

this is probably the best wrestling show around atm and its a shame that like 30 people watch it

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I just watched Aztec Warfare and it was loving awesome!

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Yuriy posted:

this is probably the best wrestling show around atm and its a shame that like 30 people watch it

Agree 100%. I love so much that the backstage segments look like telemundo soap opera. That plus the ghetto underground vibe of the taping and crowd and the loving great in-ring work, it's all amazing.

They film these in LA, I may have to go to the next batch of tapings.

Yuriy posted:

this owns so far, cage looked great

it's hilarious that they announce him as being from "the 559" that's the silliest cheap heat

dude does look really good

StarkRavingMad fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Jan 15, 2015

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Yuriy posted:

My cable provider has multiple articles up about El Rey on their website but do not carry it, it's great.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

LvK posted:

My cable provider has multiple articles up about El Rey on their website but do not carry it, it's great.

El Rey itself is a hilarious network since aside from Lucha Underground, as far as I can tell all it shows is old martial arts flicks, lovely grindhouse movies, and re-runs of Miami Vice. It's perfect.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

StarkRavingMad posted:

El Rey itself is a hilarious network since aside from Lucha Underground, as far as I can tell all it shows is old martial arts flicks, lovely grindhouse movies, and re-runs of Miami Vice. It's perfect.

that is a 1:1 overlap with my interests, I am aware :(

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

StarkRavingMad posted:

its basically "poo poo that rodriguez wants to watch" and it turns out im okay with that

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

StarkRavingMad posted:

It's also got that From Dusk Till Dawn series.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
That beatdown at the end :stare:

That's how you establish a new heel, right there

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

StarkRavingMad posted:

So basically what G4 was like?

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

cool raw i got to see cage

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Cross posted in the WWE thread as well, but

Alberto Del Patron (aka Del Rio) has entered the temple

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

StarkRavingMad posted:

Cross posted in the WWE thread as well, but

Alberto Del Patron (aka Del Rio) has entered the temple

Can't wait to see what he comes out with. Lucha and NXT Wednesdays are the soothing balm to heal the bad other wrestling I watch during the week.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

lucha underground has really needed a recognizable top star to carry the brand and maybe del rio's a good fit for that role

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Pumachet's a star to me, dammit

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Grozz Nuy posted:

Pumachet's a star to me, dammit

You mean JoMo.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Cardboard Box posted:

lucha underground has really needed a recognizable top star to carry the brand and maybe del rio's a good fit for that role

I think ADR is a great addition, but I think they're doing a great job of building their own stars right now. People are really getting into Puma and JoMo as the top 2 faces.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

the people who go to the tapings are into it, but they're not going to attract many new viewers without recognizable faces.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
aren't most the people at the tapings plants anyway so it doesn't really matter.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

that too. i think they're getting more actual fans showing up to tapings but i would bet there's still a fair share of plants

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Brian Cage is the only star they need

Pariah Rex
May 31, 2011

If I help you now it sets a bad example to my fans.
After his WWE run I can't believe I'm this excited about Alberto but I totally am. Prince Puma vs The Boss (the non Sasha Banks version) is something I didn't know I needed.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

i would like to see alberto del patron or w/e his name is in lucha because he's cool when he wrassles and the guys in LU are cool so i imagine the combination will be cool

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

LU has two great top faces with Morrison and Puma, but Big Ryck wasn't really doing it for me as a top heel, and Mil Muertes didn't really seem like he was it to me either. Del Rio coming in as Dario Cueto's rich rear end in a top hat friend seems like it might be exactly what they need.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I only watched the main from the last episode but I heard they established Brian Cage (or just Cage on this show, I guess) as a monster heel right away.

• Locked thread