Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Agumon has gone full chibi I see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Astro Nut posted:

Gotta say, Agumon looks even more top heavy than before.

Beyond that though, has anyone translated the text yet?

But the real question is: will he evolve into big gut Greymon or the cruddy blue one from Xros Wars?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
The strange-rear end proportions make Agumon look even more like a silly digital pet tamagochi, so that's pretty nice.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

The real question is at what stage will the digivolutions be different. I'm betting Ultimate.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Ethiser posted:

The real question is at what stage will the digivolutions be different. I'm betting Ultimate.

I'd say it's pretty likely Agumon and Gabumon will keep their entire line, if they're going to change anything really.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Ethiser posted:

I hope its just giving Megas to the rest of the team. I'm fine with most of their Digivolutions as is, honestly, even if I still find Magnadramon a weird choice for Gatomon's Mega.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Omnicrom posted:

I'd say it's pretty likely Agumon and Gabumon will keep their entire line, if they're going to change anything really.

They could get these evolutions though

ZeedGarurumon and VictoryGreymon

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

They could get these evolutions though

ZeedGarurumon and VictoryGreymon

Unless they Jogress into some new form of Omegamon I doubt they're going to change WarGreymon/MetalGarurumon. Actually Digimon Tri? Have a new form of Omegamon made from Z'DGarurumon and VictoryGreymon.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Just make the Reboot version an actual thing.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

The Bee posted:

I hope its just giving Megas to the rest of the team. I'm fine with most of their Digivolutions as is, honestly, even if I still find Magnadramon a weird choice for Gatomon's Mega.

They have the ones from the PSP Game as a base (Gatomon's mega there was the more thematicly correct Ofanimon) so there's that.

Hopefuly Toei won't cheap out and just upres the footage but that's probably asking for the tide to change.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I think we'll likely keep standard MetalGarurumon and WarGreymon (and probably Omnimon) for a while but eventually they'll get other forms, like maybe VictoryGreymon.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

If they add new forms, they'll be new Digimon made for the series, rather than something old and reused. Even there, I expect them to just add the Megas of the six that didn't get them.

Also, Kouji Wada's releasing a new album, re-fly. It has some old songs (like Butter-fly and Hirari) as well as two unknown songs. I fully expect one of these to be the opening of tri.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Maybe SkullGreymon will finally get his chance to shine.

AtomicBanana
Aug 6, 2001

Oh god, why am I so uncreative?
I really like Magnadramon's design. I like the idea we see Gatomon so much as a "cat" that she turns back into one for her mega. Even though it's supposed be more "dragon-like" than anything. I like both dragons and cats, so my opinion is swayed.

Also, I hope Wizardmon shows up again somehow. :(

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I hope we see a background kid with a Leomon as his/her partner and then a few episodes later we see the kid just crying somewhere in the background.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

obvious pretool

Mastemon, a jogress evolution of Angewomon and LadyDevimon, premiering in Cyber Sleuth.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Ethiser posted:

Maybe SkullGreymon will finally get his chance to shine.

:swoon:

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

TFRazorsaw posted:

Mastemon, a jogress evolution of Angewomon and LadyDevimon, premiering in Cyber Sleuth.

Interesting, she has the same namesake as that bastard from Shin Megami Tensei I see.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

TFRazorsaw posted:

That's just a Lady Lucimon

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I hope we see a background kid with a Leomon as his/her partner and then a few episodes later we see the kid just crying somewhere in the background.
Does Jeri from Tamers count?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Elfgames posted:

That's just a Lady Lucimon

Not too far from the truth. Like Lucemon, Mastemon can control both light and darkness, as well as time and space (which isn't even that impressive by Digimon standards, Digimon has a really weird power curve)

She also looks like a female Lucemon Falldown Mode, maybe it was taken as a reference.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Nahxela posted:

Does Jeri from Tamers count?

Make it a completely different kid, but keep the suicide sock puppet.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Rudoku posted:

Make it a completely different kid, but keep the suicide sock puppet.

You know what's up.

I'm really curious about Izzy in Tri, he and Joe are falling in that poster and Izzy's egg is the last one to be hatched. You could go with Gatomon's egg and nobody would care, she was the last one after all, but the fact that they chose Izzy and went the order of Tai>Matt>Joe, TK and Kari>Sora and Mimi>Izzy tells me there's probably a meaning to the order.
Maybe Izzy ends up a villain in some way?

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

You know what's up.

I'm really curious about Izzy in Tri, he and Joe are falling in that poster and Izzy's egg is the last one to be hatched. You could go with Gatomon's egg and nobody would care, she was the last one after all, but the fact that they chose Izzy and went the order of Tai>Matt>Joe, TK and Kari>Sora and Mimi>Izzy tells me there's probably a meaning to the order.
Maybe Izzy ends up a villain in some way?

I think its just because the two are seen as the 'odd' ones, so of course they somehow mucked up falling dramatically.

Something I only just got myself though is that they're all wearing uniforms respective to their current education. Joe's still off doing his own medical school thing, so dark blue, Matt, Sora, Tai, Mimi, and Izzy get a light blue for high school, and Kari and TK are still (probably only just) in middle school, so they're wearing the same green that Tai and the others had back in 02.

Its small, but that's a neat touch.

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

it's been 15 years but im still upset that yamato became an astronaut and yet absolutely no one joined the federation since thats actually more plausible than that ending

Astro Nut posted:

I think its just because the two are seen as the 'odd' ones, so of course they somehow mucked up falling dramatically.

Something I only just got myself though is that they're all wearing uniforms respective to their current education. Joe's still off doing his own medical school thing, so dark blue, Matt, Sora, Tai, Mimi, and Izzy get a light blue for high school, and Kari and TK are still (probably only just) in middle school, so they're wearing the same green that Tai and the others had back in 02.

Its small, but that's a neat touch.

Jyou is probably already attending Toudai, since in 02 he was already in high school... but you've seen how that kid dresses. Even if he was at a university like Toudai where there are no uniforms, he would still be wearing blazers and poo poo all the time. Loser.

I'm just stoked for all the merchandise that is going to be coming out. Do you know how long I've wanted a Mimi figurine? (Spoilers: it's been 15 years)

beautiful.... :cry:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

"Parumon". I see that Digimon still has very consistent romanizations.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
They just revealed that the Royal Knights will have a role on Cyber Sleuth

quote:

Story

The strange situation in the real world has an adverse effect on the Digital World. When the world’s crisis reaches its climax, the Royal Knights travel from the Digital World to the real world and make the real world their new stage for battle.

Royal Knights

The Royal Knights are a group of top-tier Holy Knight Digimon brought together by Yggdrasil, the host computer that oversees the entirety of the Digital World for the express purpose of network security. Though they’re prophesied to come together in times of great calamity, the Royal Knights themselves aren’t necessarily purely good beings in the strictest sense. One, for instance, swears absolute loyalty to Yggdrasil, while another pays heed to someone they’ve deemed their master, while still another possesses incomparable power, and so on. Each of the Knights lives by their own code of justice as they go about their own work. Indeed, so vigilante are their operations at times that they’re known to commit great atrocities if they deem such actions to ultimately be for the greater peace and order of the Digital World. Knowing that, including those who belong in the “Empty Seats,” Knights whose power is used as deterrence, there are 13 Knights in all.

Starting with the Omnimon, who awakens in response to Nokia’s Digimon, as well as Crusadermon, who stands in opposition to the protagonist, the Royal Knights start to appear one by one in the real world…. Let’s meet some of them below.

Gallantmon

Gallantmon’s existence is a contradictory as a Virus attribute Digimon that’s nonetheless tasked with guarding the network. So precarious is the balance of power within him that he could very well be a supremely dangerous being if things ever went awry. Regardless, deep down he’s an honorable type and while he had previous operated on his own in an attempt to restore order within the world, he ends up working with Nokia and Omnimon, their cause resonating with him. Nevertheless, his trust in humans isn’t quite so absolute as Omnimon’s, as he’s all too willing to wipe out anything that holds views that are contradictory to his own.

Magnamon

Magnamon is an Armor Digimon who Digivolved thanks to the power of a miraculous Digi-Egg, which is believed to afford him the ability to come out on top of most any situation in one piece, no matter how dire things might get. His armor is made of Chrome Digizoid, making his defenses extremely tough. Uncertain as to whether he should leave the real world alone or destroy it to halt its negative influence upon the Digital World, he keeps on eye on the protagonist, Nokia, and the others from afar to better grasp what humans are all about.

UlforceVeedramon

Among his fellow knights, UlforceVeedramon is among the speediest of an already thoroughly fast bunch, his movements unable to be matched by most anything else. Even more astoundingly, his armor is made of the ultralight rare metal Blue Digizoid, making him a serious force to be reckoned with both on the skies and on the ground. The protagonist seeks him out in the hopes that the two can work together, but it seems that UlforceVeedramon has problems of his own to contend with….

Gankoomon

Accompanied by Huckmon, who he’s chosen as his future successor, Gankoomon travels around the Digital World in search of any signs of potential trouble, undoing it before it can hopefully take root. Though he’s strict with his Huckmon, it’s for the sake of ensuring Huckmon develops properly for his pending role, as Gankoomon ultimately has a nice disposition. After seeing the real world for himself, he becomes even more obsessed with Huckmon’s training, ultimately entrusting him to the protagonist once progress has started to taper off.

Jesmon

Jesmon is the quickest among the Royal Knights to head for problem spots when he senses trouble brewing, able to sense when something bad might be coming most anywhere in the Digital World. He’s constantly following after Gankoomon and faces down any orders that befall him with the utmost composure. Possessing a solid service record in his own right, he strives to be on the level of Gankoomon as a Royal Knight one day, having begun to awaken to the potential within himself.

http://gematsu.com/2015/01/digimon-story-cyber-sleuth-details-screenshots-real-world-royal-knights-coliseum#k0GR5fKyTKEhxVrp.99

That sounds so awesome

We're never getting that game aren't we? :negative:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

That sounds so awesome

We're never getting that game aren't we? :negative:

Maybe a fan translation someday, there is a nearly complete one for Re: Digitize, after all, and the people behind it have said that they're moving to Decode after it. At least I keep hope there, since there's no way in hell it will be released officially outside of Japan, being a Digimon game and all.

Sad, since the Royal Knights have always been my favourite Digimon group and I'm so glad that one storyline is finally using them all. Savers almost did it, but having all thirteen is just amazing.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Well, we started getting Tales games again, and apparently Xros Wars or Fusion or whatever is going to start airing again here soonish. Maybe we'll get something?

Bandai Namco should just slap a text translation on these and release them digitally. It would fit the themes of the source materials so well.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Some new info about Tri

-Tri is a reference to the number 3 but it also has many meanings aside from it being the 3rd entry in the series.

-The series will be aimed more towards adults.

-The Original 8 are the main characters of Tri(sorry 02 fans).

-They wanted something that was a reunion of those 8 kids and their Digimon partners.

-The new season will be handled by a production team known for their quality work behind them. So that they can achieve strong production, memorable storylines and character development, and quality battle scenes.

-Will these 8 kids join forces again? How are they now that they’ve grown up? A clue to this season resides in the final monologue from the 02 epilogue.

-What will the kids do as they confront the different conflicts so that a union between Digimon and Humans is plausible?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

That info's been out for a while.

over at https://www.digimon-adventure.net the second-to-last batch of eggs are 200K clicks away from hatching, since last time we got the poster and production crew i'm expecting something fairly big to be revealed here, maybe the airdate.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Jan 26, 2015

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I am so sick of these star wars
Kinda hoping at least some of the 02 cast show up, Veemon and Wormon deserve better.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Oh they totally will. Won't be main characters but there's no way they won't show up, it's a show about the hardships of human and digimon relationships, the second gen of chosen children have to be a part of it.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

-The new season will be handled by a production team known for their quality work behind them. So that they can achieve strong production, memorable storylines and character development, and quality battle scenes.

Silynt
Sep 21, 2009
Can someone tell me what is a "Digital Garlic Champion"? I vividly remember hearing that in the original Digimon theme song (obviously this a misheard lyric but I choose to believe it is canon).

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
"Digimon are the champions."

Silynt
Sep 21, 2009

Astro Nut posted:

"Digimon are the champions."

That makes perfect sense, but I choose to ignore it. Garlicmon for Royal Knight!

Sato
Apr 28, 2013

Silynt posted:

Can someone tell me what is a "Digital Garlic Champion"? I vividly remember hearing that in the original Digimon theme song (obviously this a misheard lyric but I choose to believe it is canon).

drat it, I'm not going to hear that any other way now. Thanks for ruining my childhood.

And yeah, I think the 02 kids will be involved in some way or another. They won't be focused on, but it would be incredibly weird if they suddenly disappeared, especially since Tri is incorporating the events of Season 2 and they're presumably in school with the original 8 (except for Ken unless he transferred). I'm curious whether we'll see some of the international kids we were introduced to in Season 2 considering they played a decently significant role in the finale of that season.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Some new info about Tri

It takes a lot of confidence to basically list "it's going to be a good show" as one of your selling points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Well, it's a press release. They want to get people hype.

We'll see when it actually airs what the quality is.