Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Would you allow top 5 F4F?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

kimbo305 posted:

Would you allow top 5 F4F?

tickling my funny bone isn't explicitly banned under the unified rules, but we live by the warrior's code.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Besides, if you think that's the funniest outcome, you're not really imaginative.

What if McGregor knocks himself out on a takedown?

What if Siver poops himself midfight and is unable to continue? Or if Siver poops himself and McGregor refuses to continue?

Like, and that's just off the top of my head.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I was trying to keep it at things that could actually happen

Siver got nailed a few fights ago on an after fight test and McGregor's hype can't last forever - though I'd be alright with it if it did because I go all in on overhyped fighters

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
matsuda is throwing like he's underwater

woozy pawsies
Nov 26, 2007

that guy has fangs.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

Marching Powder posted:

matsuda is throwing like he's underwater

Please keep me posted

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I only saw like the last minute, should that have actually been a split decision

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Conor has been reading really bad scripted promotional stuff all day on Fox, it's really canned and sounds really bad

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Dr. Abysmal posted:

I only saw like the last minute, should that have actually been a split decision

nah it was a pretty clear 2-1 to sanchez. good fight though.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

bold prediction at least 3 people will come out to 'shipping up to boston' tonight.

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

What are you lookin at...
I hope MacGregor wins in spectacular and violent fashion. Siver is boring and poo poo and it's nice to have cool exciting fighters with some hype

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Jeremy Horn is looking pretty fat these days

Szymanski
Jul 31, 2005

You down with OCP?
Sugartime Jones
Conor 'Bellend' McGregor will KO Dennis 'Romeo Cleaner' Siver. I need Cerrone to win, Parke might be hosed.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Szymanski posted:

Conor 'Bellend' McGregor will KO Dennis 'Romeo Cleaner' Siver. I need Cerrone to win, Parke might be hosed.

tibau's got a solid two rounds of gas now which is bad news for anyone looking to crack the top 15 but i've actually got faith in parke. he's not bad.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

fat o'connell vs. 6'5 tuf guy. sloppy. tall guy getting a lot of leverage in the clinch and tooling the fat guy up a bit.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

strange round. tall guy fighting like a bad tall guy. he cannot get those long as hands back to his chin after he punches, he's doing cerrone-ish knees when fat guy walks in, and is even doing the jon jones extended fingers thing. terrible, but interesting to watch.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
Van Buren is grabbing O'Connell's throat a lot, which isn't something that you usually see. It's pretty effective at breaking the clinch, too. Is that something that doesn't work for most fighters, and O'Connell is doing something wrong that is allowing Van Buren to do it, or what?

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
dunno goldie not sure the guy from minnesota is irish, just a thought

woozy pawsies
Nov 26, 2007

EvanSchenck posted:

Van Buren is grabbing O'Connell's throat a lot, which isn't something that you usually see. It's pretty effective at breaking the clinch, too. Is that something that doesn't work for most fighters, and O'Connell is doing something wrong that is allowing Van Buren to do it, or what?

being fat and bad

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

EvanSchenck posted:

he's terrible

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

woozy pawsies posted:

being fat and bad

Yeah his strategy seems to be to set the record for absorbing knees to the body and land a huge punch. Van Buren is bad, too, so it might even work.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
o'connell sure is durable, as was homer simpson in his boxing career

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

tall guy gassed out, can barely hold hands up, got wobbled a few times during the round by roy nelson shots thrown by fat guy, who is too fat and bad to capitalise. good fight.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
Tired tall fighter should sit down between rounds. Standing might make you look tough, but you need your rest.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
It's neat how the guy who got kneed really hard in his lungs a million times still has the cardio advantage

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
lol

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

hahahahah fat bad guy knocks out tall guy with roy nelson shots (but with like 1/12 of th power)

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

That's how we defeat bones.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
I enjoy a good standing TKO, so this fight is now solidly mediocre instead of blatantly awful

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

that was as close to a homer simpson win as i've seen.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

EvanSchenck posted:

I enjoy a good standing TKO, so this fight is now solidly mediocre instead of blatantly awful

agreed

Stoven
Feb 11, 2008

Marching Powder posted:

I think that is the dictionary definition.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Marching Powder posted:

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
I empathize with this family deeply for I, too, have lost Jam Jam

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
I rate this fight 4.5 out of 5 Struves

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Is Lipeng from TUF China?

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Seltzer posted:

Is Lipeng from TUF China?

yup. he's bad.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

You're telling me I can no longer watch prelims on the internet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Duzzy Funlop posted:

You're telling me I can no longer watch prelims on the internet?

It's on TV in the US. Fox Sports 1.

• Locked thread