Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Guys, guys, Sasha Grey is a legitimate actress http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2340248/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Riso posted:

Guys, guys, Sasha Grey is a legitimate actress http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2340248/?ref_=nv_sr_1

And a musician (no longer part of her band, but she was in one), and writer. She's legit pretty awesome.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Kamui's weaknesses are earthquakes and carrots.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

This is what passes for drivers at Ferrari these days

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

poty posted:

Both better than that fraud who ran off to join the cheats in Woking.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

poty posted:

What can you expect from the team who employed Felipe Massa for a decade?

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Begall posted:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117368 - talk of increasing the size of the rear tyres, to something like the size they were in the 70's. If we end up in 2017 with giant tyres and 1000HP engines, it'll be a good year.
This...this would be pretty awesome. A possibly over the top but pretty cool way to drag back F1 fans who've left in the last several years.

Possibly Chicken posted:

I didn't have much opinion on him until now. I realized my mistake.
He is kind of a favorite of the thread.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

poty posted:

He's the least Ferrari-ish driver in the entire world, it's actually one of his better features.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

NtotheTC posted:

He's the least Ferrari-ish driver in the entire world, it's actually one of his better features.

Who? Me?

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011

Sebastian Vettel posted:

Both better than that fraud who ran off to join the cheats in Woking.

I agree with you Sebastian.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

poty posted:

Is that Gutttiereierez? If it is, I can honestly say that's the first time I've ever seen him. He's the most anonymous F1 driver since the last one who I can't remember.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Brainwrong posted:

Is that Gutttiereierez? If it is, I can honestly say that's the first time I've ever seen him. He's the most anonymous F1 driver since the last one who I can't remember.

D'Ambrosio

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

Tsaedje posted:

D'Ambrosio

Same difference.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Brainwrong posted:

Same difference.

No I mean that was the last completely anonymous driver

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Is a driver anonymous if you can remember their name?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

krushgroove posted:

Is a driver anonymous if you can remember their name?

I had completely forgotten about him until he popped up at the back of the Formula e field and I went "...oh yeah, he exists"

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
Disappointing to see they're keeping the same sponsors.

I will not be able to wear my Alonso T-shirt to church anymore so people don't think I'm a Vettel apologist

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

Tsaedje posted:

No I mean that was the last completely anonymous driver

Charles Pic

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
You're supposed to dress up for church, not down. Ugh, people today.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Monisha Kaltenborn can't be having a great time, having taken over running Sauber during their best results since the BMW era and then overseeing their plunge into useless anonymity - beaten by a team that went bust before the season ended and had one driver in a coma. Even Caterham was at least being talked about, however negatively, but did a Sauber do anything of note last year other than get flipped upside down by Crashtor?

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
They survived the year, that's about it.

Fledgling Gulps
Jul 4, 2007

I'll meet you in Meereen,
we'll grub out.

Payndz posted:

Monisha Kaltenborn can't be having a great time, having taken over running Sauber during their best results since the BMW era and then overseeing their plunge into useless anonymity - beaten by a team that went bust before the season ended and had one driver in a coma. Even Caterham was at least being talked about, however negatively, but did a Sauber do anything of note last year other than get flipped upside down by Crashtor?

Last season being my first, Sauber is a completely anonymous team to me. At least Pastor gives Lotus some personality.

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

What did you do that for?

Fledgling Gulps posted:

Last season being my first, Sauber is a completely anonymous team to me. At least Pastor gives Lotus some personality.

They used to be the team with the rep of being great talent scouts and doing a lot with limited resources. Last year was utterly embarrassing.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

last year sucked for sauber but every other post-BMW year was normal for them, they've always been respectable backmarkers. they've shed a lot of top talent to other teams in recent years and were hit hard by the increased cost of the new power units, it's pretty simple. ericsson will bring a lot of money, have to imagine ferrari is giving them a discount on engines in return for hosting marciello, and nasr is a very typical sauber driver (i.e. good). they also still have outstanding facilities. i wouldn't worry.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
Its amazing that Sauber went so far downhill so quickly, from Perez and Kobayashi getting top 3 finishes in 2012 down to last year's poo poo show.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Sashimi posted:

Its amazing that Sauber went so far downhill so quickly, from Perez and Kobayashi getting top 3 finishes in 2012 down to last year's poo poo show.

the C31 was designed by james key, had a much better engine and much better drivers, what exactly is amazing about them being worse without any of that

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Sauber is historically a midfield team.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

be nice wicka posted:

the C31 was designed by james key, had a much better engine and much better drivers, what exactly is amazing about them being worse without any of that
The rapidly changing fortunes is amazing, not necessarily the reasons behind them.

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
There was a big article in Racecar Engineering a couple of months ago about why the Sauber sucked so hard this year, they were surprisingly candid about it. One big problem they had was the engine packaging and cooling requirements weren't finalised until very late which compromised the rest of the car.

I'll grab some quotes from it when I get home.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Also their drivers were really bad.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Tsaedje posted:

I had completely forgotten about him until he popped up at the back of the Formula e field and I went "...oh yeah, he exists"

The only reason I remember him is that he did GP2 and GP3 commentary alongside 62nd best karter in Britain Will Buxton.

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

Alain Post posted:

Also their drivers were really bad.

I expected more of Sutil. He ought to have at least been good for some points.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Happy birthday, Jense

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Sulman posted:

I expected more of Sutil. He ought to have at least been good for some points.

The important thing is that he's gone now

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

jensON buttON and alONso racing next year for mclarON hONda

Dan and Dan at Red Bull

Felipe Massa, and his next-generation upgrade, Felipe Nassa

Ferrari's pairing is that they're the most overhyped drivers on the grid to subsequently underdeliver

and Our Max is gone, and Their Max has joined the grid

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
thats not a very good haiku

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Jenson Button and
Alonso will race for Ron's
McLaron Honda

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

How many seasons does someone need to be away before you can steal their number?

Also our Max may yet be on the grid next year.

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Jan 19, 2015

• Locked thread