Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

ManOfTheYear posted:

In re4, how strong is the knife? Basic handgun is 1.0,so is the knife something like 0.5-1.0?

from some idiots on GameFAQs: 1.3 or 1.4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

ManOfTheYear posted:

In re4, how strong is the knife? Basic handgun is 1.0,so is the knife something like 0.5-1.0?

Strong enough to take down an entire village, castle, or island. :black101:

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Geight posted:

Strong enough to take down an entire village, castle, or island. :black101:

stronger than every gun except the fully upgraded Broken Butterfly or the Handcannon*

*If used against Krauser :v:

Pb and Jellyfish
Oct 30, 2011
So I just started RE 6 on my new PC, and I'm actually really enjoying it so far. I think it helped that I read this thread, and expected all of the flaws it has. I watched a few videos of mercenaries, and saw what moves were possible, then hosed around in that mode for a while to get the hang of the controls. This is by far the best mercenaries has been. The controls feel fantastic, it's incredibly smooth and fluid, and it never feels cheap. I'm also enjoying the campaign so far, again probably because I came into it with low expectations. I've only gotten to the cathedral in Leon's, but it's better than I thought it would be. Definitely actiony more than horror, but it is at least atmospheric, and the gun store siege was a cool setpiece. Also what do I have to do to unlock the left 4 dead content in mercenaries? I have RE6 and L4D 2 installed, and I also own L4D 1, do i just have to beat certain stages like with the other characters?

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Pb and Jellyfish posted:

So I just started RE 6 on my new PC, and I'm actually really enjoying it so far. I think it helped that I read this thread, and expected all of the flaws it has. I watched a few videos of mercenaries, and saw what moves were possible, then hosed around in that mode for a while to get the hang of the controls. This is by far the best mercenaries has been. The controls feel fantastic, it's incredibly smooth and fluid, and it never feels cheap. I'm also enjoying the campaign so far, again probably because I came into it with low expectations. I've only gotten to the cathedral in Leon's, but it's better than I thought it would be. Definitely actiony more than horror, but it is at least atmospheric, and the gun store siege was a cool setpiece. Also what do I have to do to unlock the left 4 dead content in mercenaries? I have RE6 and L4D 2 installed, and I also own L4D 1, do i just have to beat certain stages like with the other characters?

the l4d guys are in no mercy mercenaries only

they are outfitted with really crazy high power loadouts is the reason for that

but chris is still better than all of them anyways

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Right now my dream RE game is a title all about Mercenaries, except it lets you mix and match rulesets, maps, and characters from all the different games. It'd be so sick and it will never, ever happen. But I will never let go of the dream of Billy Cohen handcuffing himself to a Ganado cultist and swinging him through the air to splatter the group behind him.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Geight posted:

Right now my dream RE game is a title all about Mercenaries, except it lets you mix and match rulesets, maps, and characters from all the different games. It'd be so sick and it will never, ever happen. But I will never let go of the dream of Billy Cohen handcuffing himself to a Ganado cultist and swinging him through the air to splatter the group behind him.

Yeah, Resident Evil 6 pretty much proved to me that a mercenaries game that got the full attention and development time as a full title would be the ultimate action game.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Anonymous Robot posted:

Yeah, Resident Evil 6 pretty much proved to me that a mercenaries game that got the full attention and development time as a full title would be the ultimate action game.

Yeah RE6's controls and combat are amazing but I also really like the technical skill involved in RE4 and RE5, though I know less about the latter. If it were just all my favorite characters pulling off RE6 moves I sure wouldn't complain, though!

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
REMAKE RE2

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Geight posted:

Wasn't this the idea behind Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D? I really wanted that game to get an HD version too.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

Policenaut posted:

Wasn't this the idea behind Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D? I really wanted that game to get an HD version too.

Oh yeah, it's an overlooked game in the series for sure. I had a blast with it, it seems ripe for a console adaptation.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Full Battle Rattle posted:

Oh yeah, it's an overlooked game in the series for sure. I had a blast with it, it seems ripe for a console adaptation.

I thought it sold as well as Revelations did, guess no one petitioned Capcom enough to get it to the consoles :smith:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Aces High posted:

I thought it sold as well as Revelations did, guess no one petitioned Capcom enough to get it to the consoles :smith:
Pretty sure Capcom would not have cared what their fans think.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The odd thing about Mercenaries not getting like a $20 console release is that it would be absolutely ripe for DLC-milking. They could put out $5 characters or new levels and people'd probably buy most of them.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Policenaut posted:

To be honest all I know about that game is that it only has one not-deletable save file to discourage selling used copies of it, and that it seemed like RE4 mercenaries mode being sold on its own.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Geight posted:

To be honest all I know about that game is that it only has one not-deletable save file to discourage selling used copies of it, and that it seemed like RE4 mercenaries mode being sold on its own.

That really wasn't what happened.

The game had one save file but it only had one save file because there was not actually any meaningful progression aside from a couple of easy unlocks. It was a straight-up plotless score attack arcade game with multiple levels of difficulty and that's it. People freaked out over the one-save-file thing but the end result was utterly meaningless. The reason it was in was way more likely "we didn't think people would want to delete high scores from an arcade-style game" rather than a nefarious plot to prevent resales because... like, of all the games where one save file would prevent resales, Mercenaries isn't it. It's literally the opposite where having an existing save file does almost nothing.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Yeah I'm just saying that's all the press I read about it, is all. How many stages and characters did it have?

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Excuse me, do you know where Saiyans hang out?
Also, for what it's worth, the version on the E-shop totally lets you delete your file. It's possible they might have patched it into the cartridge version too, I don't really know if that's a thing with 3DS games.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
Regarding Revealtions 2; Wesker playable in raid mode is confirmed as only a thing if you get the retail version, right? I'm perfectly willing to wait on that if it means I can get Wesker in something close to Mercs again.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Geight posted:

Yeah I'm just saying that's all the press I read about it, is all. How many stages and characters did it have?

It had Chris, Jill, Rebecca, Barry, HUNK, Wesker and Krauser with alt-costumes for each. Every character has their own weapon loadout but they can be swapped once you get a good rank on a certain number of missions, plus IIRC there was a weapon loadout you could only get by using Playcoins.

The missions it had were Public Assembly, The Mines, Ship Deck, Missile Area and Prison from RE5 and Village, Castle and Island from RE4. There was slight variations between the versions of the level but usually just how aggressive the enemies were and variations on the same enemy loadouts.

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich
What's up with capcom charging 50 bucks for revelations on Steam? Looks like its 18 bucks new for PS3. Way to gouge the customer Capcom. Anyways, I am sure PS3 version is fine right?

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

It had Chris, Jill, Rebecca, Barry, HUNK, Wesker and Krauser with alt-costumes for each. Every character has their own weapon loadout but they can be swapped once you get a good rank on a certain number of missions, plus IIRC there was a weapon loadout you could only get by using Playcoins.

The missions it had were Public Assembly, The Mines, Ship Deck, Missile Area and Prison from RE5 and Village, Castle and Island from RE4. There was slight variations between the versions of the level but usually just how aggressive the enemies were and variations on the same enemy loadouts.

Claire was in there too! There were also skills you could equip for each match, it was a lot of fun and I played the poo poo out of it.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Bulkiest Toaster posted:

What's up with capcom charging 50 bucks for revelations on Steam? Looks like its 18 bucks new for PS3. Way to gouge the customer Capcom. Anyways, I am sure PS3 version is fine right?

I haven't checked, but presumably the PS3 one is just for the first episode, while the Steam version is the whole thing?

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Well I am just looking at the first game, not the sequel which has mutiple parts. Its still 49.99 which seems a bit pricey especially when the PS3 version is so cheap. Guess I will just have to wait for a sale.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
They don't tend to drop games' price points until the sales drop to such an extent that they aren't shooting themselves in the foot by so doing. If Revelations on Steam is still $50, it's because it's still selling respectably at $50.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Where are you seeing the Steam price? Store still says "coming soon."

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Overlord K posted:

Regarding Revealtions 2; Wesker playable in raid mode is confirmed as only a thing if you get the retail version, right? I'm perfectly willing to wait on that if it means I can get Wesker in something close to Mercs again.

Right now, that's the advertised bonus – but I would be shocked if there isn't a way to download him later on if you decide not to wait.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Yeah for a series milked like RE they're not gonna pass up selling ALBERT WESKER separately later on.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Bulkiest Toaster posted:

Revelations on Steam is really oddly priced, especially when you consider that just maybe 2-3 months before, you could pre-order RE6 for $40 and get all the DLC bundled in for that price. Revelations being a full-priced title with like, maybe one of those gun drops for Raid mode being the only incentive was just bizarre. Of course, it's Steam so you just wait for a scheduled or random sale and get the whole kit & kaboodle for like :10bux:

Also I will be super-pissed if I don't get Wesker in Rev2 because I didn't buy the game for a console from a brick n' mortar store.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

If only they'd kept a hold of the assets from RE 2/3. You could update them fairly easily with some high poly models and some lighting effects.

The bar is super low, Capcom, is what I'm saying.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

Awesome Welles posted:

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

REMAKE RE2

Honestly, this.

I'd be totally happy with an HD release of RE0 too, and that's definitely going to happen. But yeah. RE2 is hand's down the best RE next to the REmake. It's begging for an update.

e: Yeah, but still. I guy can dream.
VVV

Mogomra fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Jan 19, 2015

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Capcom has shown multiple times that not only do they not give a poo poo about what their customers want, they also have no loving clue about what projects they should work on.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Is it preferable to use a controller or M+K for RE6? It seems too lean pretty heavily on the shooting.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

Renoistic posted:

Is it preferable to use a controller or M+K for RE6? It seems too lean pretty heavily on the shooting.

I've heard that a controller is better for huge amounts of QTEs there are in the game. If you get a handle on those (it took me forever), a mouse and keyboard are probably better for the pew pews though.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Mogomra posted:

I've heard that a controller is better for huge amounts of QTEs there are in the game. If you get a handle on those (it took me forever), a mouse and keyboard are probably better for the pew pews though.

I heard you could disable QTEs though? There's no way I'm leaving them on in that case! I suppose you have to press certain buttons to perform special melee attacks but that should be OK.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

REmake 2 won't happen until someone else throws money at them to do it

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

And it's gotta be a huge wad of cash, not a Sony 3PP "here's a few bucks now translate/port this thing for us" affair like Rev2 Vita.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Renoistic posted:

I heard you could disable QTEs though? There's no way I'm leaving them on in that case! I suppose you have to press certain buttons to perform special melee attacks but that should be OK.

The QTEs aren't completely removed, it just makes it so that if you fail some of the "press X to not die" ones it just gives you a pass anyway. You'll still have to break enemy grapples and stuff. I found dodging took some getting used to on KB+M but otherwise it was fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Policenaut posted:

And it's gotta be a huge wad of cash, not a Sony 3PP "here's a few bucks now translate/port this thing for us" affair like Rev2 Vita.

Huge wad of cash? They should be happy to take Bison dollars after the tragedy of Resident Evil 6! :D