Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
can we get a roll call on league of my$tery goons? im gonna be home in about 40 minutes and want to make sure we have everyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

present and accounted for.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Sexpansion posted:

So the wuss league consists of:

1. Me
2. TWSS
3. Jonny Angel
4. Libertine
5. Invalid_Validation
6. Manic_Misanthrope
7. Zerilan
8. Monathin

Tomorrow night doesn't work for TWSS, so can we all do Tuesday? I can do pretty much anytime during the day or after about 8pm that day. It's not the end of the world if you don't get to draft, as Riot's auto-drafter is pretty decent, but I'd like for everyone to get a chance.

As long as it's after 6:30pm EST probably.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
Ready, willing and prepared. Should be good to go come draft time.

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!
Can I just remind y'all that there's a dedicated thread for fantasy? No offense, but for those of us who don't play it's utterly uninteresting :x

babydonthurtme
Apr 21, 2005
It's my first time...
Grimey Drawer

Allyn posted:

Can I just remind y'all that there's a dedicated thread for fantasy? No offense, but for those of us who don't play it's utterly uninteresting :x
The argument back when this thread was started was to throw in LoL fantasy stuff here because no one was keeping up with what happened in the dedicated thread. It is a bit annoying to have to skim fantasy posts here, but all that should die down a bit once people have set up their leagues.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Agreed: if we're just saying things like "Haha get hosed I did really well this week", that can be taken to another thread or to the chatbox that's set up in the actual league pages. But for setup, this thread seems fine. Not like there's other stuff happening right now.

As far as wuss league: like I said earlier, I'm happy to do a draft on Tuesday evening, but it would need to be at like 11 PM or later for me to make it, maaaybe 10 PM. But I'm also happy to accept my auto-draft fate.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
I am home. The rest of the coordinating for this shall take place in the Chat Board on the Fantasy site itself and in the league client

get online people!

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Draft has begun, if you're not here its not our problem! Also it looks like Alliance/Elements is once again #1 for all pick stuff, how did they fare last year?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
The great thing about picking all Korean players: Very high individual skill, will probably win their lanes in most cases
Awful thing about picking all Korean players: Three of my players are going to be missing the first week of LCS :downs:

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
Yeah, Fenix and Piglet at the very least were confirmed on Saint's stream to be missing week 1 of LCS, so if you have those guys in your fantasy team, you should probably sub them out for this week at least.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.

Rudager posted:

If you guys are bored of the usual meta, you should watch this Chinese league where Sivir is the Queen ADC.

I've really been enjoying watching it the last few days, it feels very different to the usual NA meta, it seems to be very reliant on technical skill more than anything.

Siver will be played in lcs as well barring major changes before the start, she's very strong atm and all the adc streamers are playing her.

babydonthurtme
Apr 21, 2005
It's my first time...
Grimey Drawer
Man, just catching up on my chosen LPL teams, and I have to say, the utter disrespect that Pawn, Rookie and the other Korean imports can get away with is a little embarrassing. Obviously the expansion of the league means more sub-par teams, but jeez.

The most hilarious game for me so far was the first LGD vs EP game. Rookie has never struck me as someone who's lethal on TF-- good on it, but not Dade good-- but EP certainly made him look it. Handed him kills on a platter for his first two ults, and then just kept playing as if TF wasn't in the game (he was), wasn't fed (he was), and wouldn't use his ults to kill them (he did). Spirit did his best for EP (well, he did in the second game. His jungle Riven in game one didn't work out), but the rest of his team just didn't step up.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."

babydonthurtme posted:

Man, just catching up on my chosen LPL teams, and I have to say, the utter disrespect that Pawn, Rookie and the other Korean imports can get away with is a little embarrassing. Obviously the expansion of the league means more sub-par teams, but jeez.

The most hilarious game for me so far was the first LGD vs EP game. Rookie has never struck me as someone who's lethal on TF-- good on it, but not Dade good-- but EP certainly made him look it. Handed him kills on a platter for his first two ults, and then just kept playing as if TF wasn't in the game (he was), wasn't fed (he was), and wouldn't use his ults to kill them (he did). Spirit did his best for EP (well, he did in the second game. His jungle Riven in game one didn't work out), but the rest of his team just didn't step up.

My favorite korean disrespect has gotta be Beast's Nunu though. That game where he just took a big fat poo poo on a Jarvan was incredible. I've never seen somebody so utterly starved of jungle farm.

babydonthurtme
Apr 21, 2005
It's my first time...
Grimey Drawer

Transient People posted:

My favorite korean disrespect has gotta be Beast's Nunu though. That game where he just took a big fat poo poo on a Jarvan was incredible. I've never seen somebody so utterly starved of jungle farm.
Ugh I love seeing sad junglers. Definitely going to check his team out, then

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
Isn't Spirit on WE?

And Beast's Nunu is a joy to watch.

babydonthurtme
Apr 21, 2005
It's my first time...
Grimey Drawer

AdjectiveNoun posted:

Isn't Spirit on WE?

And Beast's Nunu is a joy to watch.
Whoops , probably got them mixed up.

And goddamn, if you want to see true suffering, try the second game of Team Snake vs Gamtee. Straight up destruction on every level, plus constant crazy fighting, I'm going to have to check out Snake's other games.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

babydonthurtme posted:

Whoops , probably got them mixed up.

And goddamn, if you want to see true suffering, try the second game of Team Snake vs Gamtee. Straight up destruction on every level, plus constant crazy fighting, I'm going to have to check out Snake's other games.

Not every team has played so far but Snake's the one that's charmed me the most. They seem to understand the game much better than their compatriots. They're trying to play the game right instead of teamfighting (though they're aces at it).

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
someone from goonskype should post/pm me my autodraft

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Transient People posted:

Not every team has played so far but Snake's the one that's charmed me the most. They seem to understand the game much better than their compatriots. They're trying to play the game right instead of teamfighting (though they're aces at it).

Every team has played so far. Four games each, in fact!

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Luna Was Here posted:

someone from goonskype should post/pm me my autodraft

Will do. What's your LoL username?

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
i am the legendary SLAMITINONEECHAN

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Jonny Angel posted:

Every team has played so far. Four games each, in fact!

Seriously? Feels like some teams have repeated lots.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Transient People posted:

Seriously? Feels like some teams have repeated lots.

Eight games each day for 3 days means each of the 12 teams have played 4 games. The standings are here. Poor WE and Gamtee, who both drew the "Get poo poo on by Snake and Invictus in your first two sets" stick.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
Don't you mean "Poor VG, who had to go up against SuperOMG and EDG for their first two sets"?

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Or poor Energy Pacemaker, who had to go up against OMG and LGD! LPL is a loving minefield.

babydonthurtme
Apr 21, 2005
It's my first time...
Grimey Drawer

Jonny Angel posted:

Or poor Energy Pacemaker, who had to go up against OMG and LGD! LPL is a loving minefield.
No more than NA/EU LCS will be, imo. Well okay maybe a little more, it's true that it is a bit unfair to have to play vs someone like Imp, Deft or Beast (that poor, poor J4) when you're Joe Noob playing your first four league games.

Ah well, I'm kind of loving the disparity in LPL so far. When EU/NA inevitably get boring (I just know someone will find a way to replicate those awful stalemate/permastall Ziggs games, especially in EU), I can just kick back and tune in to some old fashioned stomps.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
After catching the Snake games, they're definitely my second LPL horse after Invictus. It'll be interesting to see how Snake fares against EDG - they're really good, but are they good enough to take down Pawn and Deft?

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

I'm pretty sure Baka's Azir is the very first one to have impressed me in pro play, ever. This includes Faker's attempts at handling him too. Really hoping they can bring it.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
CJ Entus picked up Beats by Dre as an official sponsor:
https://www.facebook.com/entus.progaming/posts/696657667098823

I wonder how the hell that came together. Pretty cool to see a big electronic brand that's not solely gaming related or Korean industrial in the esports realm.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

AdjectiveNoun posted:

Yeah, Fenix and Piglet at the very least were confirmed on Saint's stream to be missing week 1 of LCS, so if you have those guys in your fantasy team, you should probably sub them out for this week at least.

Is there a follow-up to this anywhere? Have piglet on my fantasy team

edit: Research!

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/2ss9s1/xpecial_update_on_pigletfenix_visas_lcs/

Seems like they'll be out - major bummer, and it seems like the whole team will underperform because of it

BaronVanAwesome fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Jan 20, 2015

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Yo one of you that watches lcs needs to link me to the game where xpecial's morgana gets a sick outplay 1v2 double as morgana versus nami/kassadin stat

I saw a gif but it's not enough i need to hear the casters

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
poo poo I didn't realize we had a new thread. I've been looking for the old one for days now. :downs:

My body is so ready for NA LCS this year, it's going to be a hell of a clusterfuck. I predict EU LCS will still be super boring but I might watch Alliance or whatever they're called now because they have Rekkles, and because :rip: Fnatic.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Lightning Knight posted:

poo poo I didn't realize we had a new thread. I've been looking for the old one for days now. :downs:

My body is so ready for NA LCS this year, it's going to be a hell of a clusterfuck. I predict EU LCS will still be super boring but I might watch Alliance or whatever they're called now because they have Rekkles, and because :rip: Fnatic.

Yeah Elements (Alliance) will probably be amazing this season. Also am looking forward to Unicorns of Love.

Mostly, though..Winterfox and Team Liquid in NA.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Obscurity posted:

Yeah Elements (Alliance) will probably be amazing this season. Also am looking forward to Unicorns of Love.

I'm actually really excited for Liquid to be honest, I liked Curse before but with their current line up they actually look reasonably ok, Dominate or not. Also Team SaintVicious should be fun to watch, even if they do poorly. Honestly except for maybe Team 8 and new Dignitas/LMQ most of the current NA teams look like they'll be really fun to watch, even if they aren't particularly good. Seeing Cloud 9 also return to form after their shaky summer split is also heartening, I look forward to them retaking first place from TSM. :getin:

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Obscurity posted:

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

NTT posted:

Yo one of you that watches lcs needs to link me to the game where xpecial's morgana gets a sick outplay 1v2 double as morgana versus nami/kassadin stat

The LCS hasn't started yet, that was just a ladder game.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

NTT posted:

That was solo queue.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Zerilan posted:

As long as it's after 6:30pm EST probably.

Yeah that's 11:30 pm for me, its doable if we start it at 6:30 but i can't do much later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
Would anyone be interested in a four-person Fantasy league? Just to see the dynamics of a much more open player pool? Draft today or tomorrow (so we make it for Week 1) at, let's say 10 PM EST?

• Locked thread