Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Entenzahn
Nov 15, 2012

erm... quack-ward

crabrock posted:

goal: 0 wins in this thread

lol fail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

Djeser posted:

While you're looking up your favorite prompt, I've cooked up a little survey because I'm interested in what makes a prompt tick.

:siren::frogsiren:THUNDERDOME SURVEYDOME: MAY THE BEST THUNDERDOME WIN:frogsiren::siren:

Link to the survey here, dumbs!

Open to anyone who's read most of the stories for one or more weeks. If you've judged, even once, that means you! Or if you're like Jitzu and subject yourself to all the stories just for kicks, that too. All you have to do is write down which weeks you thought were good (or, at least, notably above-average) and which were poo poo (or, at least, notably below-average.) It's a highly unscientific survey, so don't get too worried about it. You can put in week numbers or what the prompt was or whatever. It's a chill survey so :justpost: :byob1:

To clarify, this is about which prompts produced submissions of higher or lower quality.

Once we get enough entries here, we can make STATISTICAL MAGIC HAPPEN :pseudo: but only if you judges step up and tell us what weeks were good and which weeks were bad.

SO FILL OUT THUNDERDOMESURVEYDOME NOW!

Reminder that if you do this you are a cool dude. To the eight people who've already given me VALUABLE AND SCIENTIFIC DATA, you're cool dudes. Expect INTERESTING RESULTS and FASCINATING CONCLUSIONS in the next few days.

Mercedes
Mar 7, 2006

"So you Jesus?"

"And you black?"

"Nigga prove it!"

And so Black Jesus turned water into a bucket of chicken. And He saw that it was good.

crabrock posted:

goal: 0 wins in this thread

Maybe next year?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Good job Crabrock you can't even lose properly.

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

Thunderdome CXXIX: Those We Loved

Look. Thunderdome. Sit down for a minute. Take a breath. Chill out, man. We're all too tense up in here. You know what I did? I played a video game for the first time in two years. And it was fun. I liked it. I was like "why did we stay apart so long?" Maybe some other people are also about to experience a beautiful reunion with something/someone they loved.

Maybe their love was once manifest in space, where love usually happens.

This week you will write a story about somebody reconnecting with something or something they once loved, but had been separated from by for whatever reason. And also spaceships. Yes. Not just Sci-Fi, but SPACESHIPS. I really loving like spaceships, and am craving scifi spaceships.

I am very literal about prompts. I want a real life god drat spaceship, and a real life god drat reunion. Other than that, go hog wild.

No: Poetry. Reoccurring characters from past stories. Fanfic. Erotica. Excuses. Extended spaceship taking off/landing scenes.

Word Limit: 2001

Signups close: Friday, 11:59 pm EST
Submissions close: Sunday, 11:59 pm EST

Judges: crabrock, Martello, newtestleper

In case you are interested: Thunderdome RimWorld

Spacetronauts:
01. Nubile Hillock
02. Schneider Helms
03. Sitting Here
04. hotsoupdinner
05. Jitzu_the_Monk
06. Phobia
07. Grizzled Patriarch
08. SadisTech
09. Ironic Twist
10. Capntastic
11. Bad Ideas Good
12. ZeBourgeoisie
13. Your Sledgehammer
14. Benny the Snake
15. Benny Profane
16. docbeard
17. kurona_bright
18. sebmojo
19. DreamingofRoses :toxx:
20. Quidnose
21. Tyrannosaurus
22. Jonked
23. leekster
24. JcDent
25. Crab Destroyer :toxx:
26. contagonist
27. Nethilia
28. Entenzahn
29. tenniseveryone
30. asap-salafi
31. Doctor Idle
32. Jick Magger
33. Screaming Idiot
34. Djeser (1750 word limit)
35. Fuschia tude
36. Megazver (flash rule: your spaceship is missing a vital component but the characters don't realize at first)
37. sebmojo
38. El Diabolico
39. Fumblemouse :toxx:

crabrock fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Jan 24, 2015

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
i loving love spaceships so me and my raging space-boner are IN

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
In.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
faaaart

(in)

hotsoupdinner
Apr 12, 2007
eat up
In.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

Armack
Jan 27, 2006
I'm in.

Phobia
Apr 25, 2011

I'm a suave detective with a heart of gold in hot pursuit of the malevolent, manipulative
MIAMI MUTILATOR
and the deranged degenerates who only want their
15 MINUTES OF FAME.

OCK.
Spaceships. Sure. Why not. In.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

In.

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.
In.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
In, and beyond.

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

Also, need co-judges who hate themselves and want to read a bunch of lovely scifi

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

Capntastic posted:

I haven't read these in like a year but I'm in for the next prompt.

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW

crabrock posted:

Also, need co-judges who hate themselves and want to read a bunch of lovely scifi

yes

Bad Ideas Good
Oct 12, 2012
In.

Maybe this is the week where I'm not going to DM again.

:negative:

ZeBourgeoisie
Aug 8, 2013

THUNDERDOME
LOSER
Why not. In.

Your Sledgehammer
May 10, 2010

Don`t fall asleep, you gotta write for THUNDERDOME
In, :toxx:

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
To infinity, and beyond!

Profane Accessory
Feb 23, 2012

In.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

In.

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013
That's a big wordcount.

In.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

to infinity and bey

no gently caress it, i hate those: in

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost
In! :toxx:

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Yeah let's try it! I'm in!

EDIT: :siren: :siren: THE DEADLINE IS EST :siren: :siren:

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
Okay. I'm in.

Edit: ho gently caress word limit is 2001?

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005
Sure, I'm in

leekster
Jun 20, 2013
I'm in.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
I'm in!

Plus, since I can do anything cute this week, I would ask for a crit, if someone would be up for it.

crabrock posted:

No: Poetry. Reoccurring characters from past stories. Fanfic. Erotica. Excuses. Extended spaceship taking off/landing scenes.

No docking sequences then and space babes shuddering from orgasm like cruisers with overloading reactors? :(

leekster
Jun 20, 2013
Also Muffin if you're itching to fight I'll take your offer to brawl, but with myself having the disadvantage. I know I'm not Mojo but I can take a punch and I'm looking for something to get me serious about improvement. I know I'm not supposed to suggest brawls since I've never won or HMed but I've brawled twice before.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

leekster posted:

Also Muffin if you're itching to fight I'll take your offer to brawl, but with myself having the disadvantage. I know I'm not Mojo but I can take a punch and I'm looking for something to get me serious about improvement. I know I'm not supposed to suggest brawls since I've never won or HMed but I've brawled twice before.
Dude, don't be his pitty brawl

leekster
Jun 20, 2013

Benny the Snake posted:

Maybe I'd take you seriously if you spelled pity right. I'm furious with myself that I lost to you, the safety cushion that everyone who submits has to eek by the loss. So gently caress off with telling me what to do.

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

Anybody fighting in the thread that is in this week gets flash rules.

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

:siren: Your fighting flash rule is that your story must prominently feature a broken piece of glass with a mysterious stain on it.

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

Benny the Snake posted:

:siren: your fighting flash rule is that two characters in your story must be female, and they must exchange words about something scientific in a professional manner.

leekster
Jun 20, 2013

crabrock posted:

:siren: Your fighting flash rule is that your story must prominently feature a broken piece of glass with a mysterious stain on it.

Thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Destroyer
Sep 3, 2011
In with a :toxx:.

• Locked thread