Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

LAY-ZX posted:

Woah, did Ixo leave 2poor? What's up with that?

As part of his agreement to remain emperor of the North Korean provincial Clash of Clans lords he must perform missions to lesser clans to promote the wise ways of 2poor. Do not worry, your clan will be better for the experience of the great wisdom of Dear Leader.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Booties posted:

When are you and Yub Yub coming back?

I really need a 5th mexican to build my walls to keep the mexicans out.

Christmas update wasn't as big as I had hoped, hopefully the next update will be able to pull me back in. :)

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

Seditiar posted:

Christmas update wasn't as big as I had hoped, hopefully the next update will be able to pull me back in. :)

Aw man.

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

"Hey, did you see my game against the Detroit Lions?"

Seditiar posted:

:( Come baaaaaaaaaaaaack

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I just started and am T4 just farming but someone be my friend. Username cocomonkeh

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
Spergs is the best clan tho. For real. We have a lot of th9 guys now

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe

Snacksmaniac posted:

I just started and am T4 just farming but someone be my friend. Username cocomonkeh

It's not possible for us to search for players. Go to the OP and find a clan, search for it using your Clan Castle and request to join. Put something goony in the request message, and make sure the clan you're applying to isn't full.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
I just jumped to TH8 and couldn't get all my buildings yet, so should I stick with plans for TH7 and just liter my extra stuff around it or try to make the TH8 layouts and just leave the gaps and fill them in with builder huts and what not to make sure enemies can't be placed in them?

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
I did the latter, but it hardly matters. While you're getting your buildings up to speed you're likely to be pretty poor and scarcely worth raiding.

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

"Hey, did you see my game against the Detroit Lions?"

AxeManiac posted:

I just jumped to TH8 and couldn't get all my buildings yet, so should I stick with plans for TH7 and just liter my extra stuff around it or try to make the TH8 layouts and just leave the gaps and fill them in with builder huts and what not to make sure enemies can't be placed in them?

Really doesn't matter. If a TH9, or even an upgraded 8, wants your poo poo, they're getting it. Build your new base, and put stuff in place of the new buildings (collectors and such) until you get everything.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Jaysus posted:

Really doesn't matter. If a TH9, or even an upgraded 8, wants your poo poo, they're getting it. Build your new base, and put stuff in place of the new buildings (collectors and such) until you get everything.

Okay, that's the plan then. I just didn't want to make myself a bigger target. Thankfully I waited as long as I could before going to TH8 and got most of my walls updated, so people seem to cut me a bit of slack on attacking because of them. Onward to spending billions of coins!

KonMari DeathMetal
Dec 20, 2009
Welp, guess I want to join 2legit2left but I cant find the join button. I guess I need to left more and get swolerer.

Also are there any buttehole options at TH7?

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Its just lovely here this time of year.
I tried doing a butthole but went back to my trap layout

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

At 1800 trophies a lot of people were really hesitant to attack my (mid th9) butthole base. I even went 20 hours shieldless without being attacked on my first day. When I hit 1900 people were all over it though. Overnight I almost went from gold 1 to crystal 2.

Dropped back to gold 1 now since i only wanted the gems and gold 1 is barchers paradise.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

ixo posted:

It's not possible for us to search for players. Go to the OP and find a clan, search for it using your Clan Castle and request to join. Put something goony in the request message, and make sure the clan you're applying to isn't full.

I read the OP, I promise!! Thanks.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
Just hit Crystal 2 at TH8. It takes a looooot of nexts to find a base I can reliably 3 star with baloonion.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Booties posted:

Just hit Crystal 2 at TH8. It takes a looooot of nexts to find a base I can reliably 3 star with baloonion.

Why do you need to 3*? Just get your loot, get the win and move on!

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

TraderStav posted:

Why do you need to 3*? Just get your loot, get the win and move on!

I'm not grinding trophies all day. I want to get as many as I can since I will only make a few attacks a day.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Booties posted:

I'm not grinding trophies all day. I want to get as many as I can since I will only make a few attacks a day.

Then spend all of your resources, put up a butthole base, and sit back and wait for Masters.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Negligent posted:

I tried doing a butthole but went back to my trap layout

I'm dumb, what TH is this? If it's not TH7, I just got to TH7 this morning, and I'm looking for farming and war layouts, so someone please post some suggestions.

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

TH7 for another few hours, everything upgraded.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Negligent posted:

TH7 for another few hours, everything upgraded.

How did it work out for you? I kinda wanna go with that layout if it worked well enough.

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Our glorious political masters have, in their wisdom, decided to form an alliance with a rag-tag bunch of freedom fighters right when the Federation has us at a tactical disadvantage. Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in the Feds firing on our vessels...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer

Booties posted:

The problem with this is that the bases you can reliably three-star are less likely to have a bunch of trophies, and you'll get fewer trophies from three-starring an 18 base than you would 2 starring a 30. I'm a fellow TH8 balloonmeister, and I just hit next until I see lots of DE I think I can get at. Since it's normally next to the TH I've been shooting up. Just got to Crystal 2 as well. This is only playing while pooping.

Galdarion
Apr 13, 2014
and the point of this game is?

J
Jun 10, 2001

Galdarion posted:

Getting people in your butthole and then you go wipe them.

Shampy
Apr 27, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

J posted:

Next thread title please

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

J posted:

How long have you been waiting to use that one?

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Galdarion posted:

I don't know I downloaded it because it had skeletons in the commercial.

Shape up, Larry.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.
Serious talk:

Don't jump to TH9 early. I went a bit early (all buildings done, not walls or research) and absolutely regret it, farming is far far more difficult.

wraith_5_
Aug 25, 2003

pseudanonymous posted:

Serious talk:

Don't jump to TH9 early. I went a bit early (all buildings done, not walls or research) and absolutely regret it, farming is far far more difficult.

Counterpoint: murderbloons/minions own hard and you cant do it at TH8

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

neogeo0823 posted:

How did it work out for you? I kinda wanna go with that layout if it worked well enough.

I was attacked 4 times overnight, no one succeeded in getting a star , +85 cups

No one fell for the honeytrap though :(

mephology
Jan 14, 2012

ixo posted:

Have you ever wanted to see your opponent's face when he raids your base? I got that chance tonight.

Amusingly enough the clan that I am has just been paired against twitch.tv and tmo. Will be interesting to see if we get stomped as well.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Negligent posted:

Got any better pictures of it? I'm trying to copy it and figuring out the exact placement within the usable space is kind of a pain in the rear end.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

AxeManiac posted:

What about the fun of sending 5 builders out at once to clear shrubs without having to wait 10 seconds on each one?

please stop spying on my base

KonMari DeathMetal
Dec 20, 2009
Seriously how do I get into a goon clan, none of the clans with room have a join a button, and the full ones do. What am I doing wrong?

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
So many things

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

Negligent posted:

This was my experience with the butthole layout. I would either get sideswiped or just rolled over by level 7 giants. I did have one replay that made it worth the while (lvl. 6 giants, lots of heal and rage, level 3 pekkas).

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
TH8 war base question. I started using the poo poo Twister from the OP recently; it got discussed a few pages ago and got a lot of praise.

In the 3 wars since, I've been dragoned in each one. In one, it worked perfectly and I was one starred. In another, the cc archers/wiz/witch pulled a few drags off of the outer ring, but they died trying to blow the cc. In the last, the same cc troop mix pulled the whole batch of drags to the core and I was 3 starred.

In the discussion a few pages back, it was said that it's almost impossible to 3 star drag the poo poo Twister. So am I using the wrong cc troops? Or should I even have troops in my cc, since 90% of the attacks on me are mass drag?

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
The poo poo twister is actually really easy to 3 star with the correct dragon deployment. I used it in war and was immediately 3 starred, I posted a screenshot. The secret is to deploy a few dragons on the corners, to eliminate all the distractions, and then deploy the bulk of them between the two corners you destroyed. After that, the dragons will just funnel right to the core and destroy it, followed by pretty simple cleanup afterwards. As you said, if people use their usual "dragons along one side" strategy, it works very well to keep them flying around the outside while the AA's pick them off, but yea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
drat. So I need some new hotness then. Thanks.