Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord
what the gently caress is this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

jony ive aces posted:

the best christmas ever

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

jony ive aces posted:

its lego m8

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord
it's p. :jeb: i guess

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Wee Tinkle Wand posted:

I found illegal Bitcoin mining in the wild!

While setting up a guy at a company I do some work for with the ability to log in and edit part of their website I noticed that it was really warm under his desk to the point where my feet were uncomfortable. I checked it out and he has a little town of weird square computers under there, it took my brain a few minutes to realize that I just found his mining operation. I told the CEO and explained what it meant (your electricity = his money). Might have gotten a Bitcoiner fired.

doing god's work imo

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

killhamster posted:

goddamn some of y'all are literal children

yesssssssssssss these all owned

this was my very first lego set, I got it when I was like 3 or 4

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
i never liked legos

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

is scamming bitcoiners really scamming when they beg to be scammed?

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

http://blog.coinbase.com/post/108642362357/coinbase-raises-75m-from-dfj-growth-usaa-nyse

lmao

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

quote:

Three of the world’s most respected financial institutions – The New York Stock Exchange, USAA, and BBVA (a large multinational bank) – also invested in the round alongside personal investments from former Citigroup CEO Vikram Pandit and former Thomson Reuters CEO Tom Glocer. This marks the first time that financial institutions have made a major investment in a Bitcoin company.

so do they all jump ship now that coinbase is run by the international banksters

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

neonbregna posted:

is scamming bitcoiners really scamming when they beg to be scammed?

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Lamont Cranston posted:

so do they all jump ship now that coinbase is run by the international banksters

I didn't even think about this aspect (so much as Coinbase just loving sucks) which is super funny

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

fool_of_sound posted:

i never liked legos
i know what the words mean, but they don't make any sense together...

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
there's a site called badbitcoin.org dedicated to letting people know about scams. naturally they're reporting about paycoin:

more arguing: https://twitter.com/Badbitcoinorg/status/557481790756360192

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

ayn rand hand job posted:

Bitcoin-Powered Crowdfunding App Lighthouse Has Launched (coindesk.com)

submitted 3 hours ago by dnivi3

[–]torya 11 points 3 hours ago*

How can I browse or search for projects?

[–]torya 25 points 2 hours ago

I've found the answer to my question on their website:

How do I find projects? Why is there no search function?

You find them via the web, social networks, etc. Lighthouse does not include a global list of all projects or a search function, because a global list would rapidly become cluttered without centralised and ongoing curation and search is a hard problem better solved by companies like Google, Bing, Facebook etc.

We hope that project gallery sites will be created and compete with each other to collect curated lists of projects for specific communities. The Vinumeris Crypto Projects Gallery is a simple example of what a project gallery can be like.

lol kickstarter itself is already a minimum-effort website designed to claw away money from dumb people, I had no idea you could do even less

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

newreply.php posted:

realtalk: where can i, a 35 year old handsome & buff coder, buy these lego playsets? ight peace

want age 25-70 guy to come over and jo in my lego room. mutual touching and stuff but nothing more than that… im not gay. its all HO scale. then after you finish you can stomp around and kick the legos and buildings like a monster (dont break the are my sons) we can do this until 4 am or until we get tired. also i have lots of imitation crab meat in my freezer that i need to get rid of so you can have a bunch when you leave. its all perfectly good we just got too much!!!

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
time to lego of the toys topic :v:

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
is bitcoin not falling in price anymore? i guess everyones bored so talking about legos idk

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Sniep posted:

is bitcoin not falling in price anymore? i guess everyones bored so talking about legos idk

we're in the refractory period from the happening tornado of last week

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Lamont Cranston posted:

what the gently caress is USAA (or NYSE for that matter) doing with this mess?

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
lol just googled dfj growth, lol @ him still being the head of the pack wrt pitching money down the bitcoin black hole

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

text editor posted:

what the gently caress is USAA (or NYSE for that matter) doing with this mess?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-8j8c7iL3E

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
we all got tired of laughing at naive manchildren with a childlike understanding about the building blocks of modern society so we decided to talk about lego instead

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
these people sure seem really mad irl about their internet drug money

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

kierrie
Jun 7, 2010

fool_of_sound posted:

i never liked legos

yeah gently caress lego.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

kierrie posted:

yeah gently caress lego.

bruises all over you're fingers

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

unpacked robinhood posted:

bruises all over you're fingers

singing my life with his words

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
erecting me softly with legos

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
soothing the 'tism

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Malloreon posted:

I had this one as a kid. I think I was the only kid I knew who preferred to make lego sets according to the instructions, over and over.

also y'all don't mock this person, I did this a lot because I basically have no mind's eye and my visual/spatial reasoning was/is garbage so built the coolest ones I could which was inevitably the picture. :( I don't even have a little of the 'tism I just lack the ability to be creative in physical space ok

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

bitcoins will destroy big banks and redistribute wealth. there is no way these dinosaurs will be able to fight ba... hey they just bought half of our infrastructure.

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

Sniep posted:

the normal instability just isn't as funny in comparison to dead cats

just waiting for the trial to pick up again today

TVarmy
Sep 11, 2011

like food and water, my posting has no intrinsic value

remember how they argued PayPal was the great Satan? then when PayPal added minor bitpay integration, Bitcoiners praised them as a visionary company who will take them to the moon.

banks are good now.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

theflyingorc posted:

also y'all don't mock this person, I did this a lot because I basically have no mind's eye and my visual/spatial reasoning was/is garbage so built the coolest ones I could which was inevitably the picture. :( I don't even have a little of the 'tism I just lack the ability to be creative in physical space ok

same

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

also coinbase isn't really a bitcoin company anymore

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer
uh oh

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

TVarmy posted:

remember how they argued PayPal was the great Satan? then when PayPal added minor bitpay integration, Bitcoiners praised them as a visionary company who will take them to the moon.

banks are good now.
drat it feels good to be a bankster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

jony ive aces posted:

lol if u don't store your aliases encrypted in your keep rear end so you can keep track of which one you use where and avoid ~hilarity ensuing~

just by using keep rear end, your probably already in the 1% of computer criminals

• Locked thread