Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Mouse Dresser posted:

Bring Andy back and have him be the new mayor of Twin Peaks, married to Lucy. They have 8 kids because his sperms are good.

A whole drat town!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

But will Billy Zane be back?

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Solice Kirsk posted:

A whole drat town!

The best part of season two.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

I'm with the idea that the Red Room is a waiting room/semi-physical place that those open to the mystic (tangent below) can access, and then depending on circumstance, can explore/get invaded by the power of the lodges/their own spirit.

Right, so, with Coop's behaviour and speeches in season one vs. one-armed Mike and Hawk's later talk, and previous stuff about shamanic lodges, it's clear that the more spiritually open or aware someone is, or in line with shamanic tradition (clearing one's mind a la 'Tibet'), the more susceptible they are to interacting with the lodges regardless of their deeds (Leland), or if they actively wander into the Grove. The idea seems to fit, anyway. The Log Lady actively defies/channels it, the Major wanders into it, etc.

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer

RALF posted:

I don't think the Black and the White Lodges are physical places, but the waiting room is.

Same. I'm reminded of the line in Paradise Lost, "The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven." Your soul is the lens through which you can see the White or the Black Lodge, depending on the alignment of your nature.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Jack Gladney posted:

But will Billy Zane be back?

we need more David duchovny too

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
David Lynch seems to like to troll his audience and I could totally imagine the first new episode beginning with an interminably long scene purposely designed to drive us insane, just like the first scene in season 2 or the bank scene in the season 2 finale.

Clouseau
Aug 3, 2003

My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie.

Polo-Rican posted:

David Lynch seems to like to troll his audience and I could totally imagine the first new episode beginning with an interminably long scene purposely designed to drive us insane, just like the first scene in season 2 or the bank scene in the season 2 finale.

I unironically love both of those scenes, and count them among my favorites in the show. What I'm saying is, I'd love this to be a series of strange long (both in time and in distance) shots with old men walking back and forth.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

I've heard about you! :haw:

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.
I want Gordon Cole and Shelley to have more scenes together. More adorable, awkward scenes.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

Clouseau posted:

I unironically love both of those scenes, and count them among my favorites in the show. What I'm saying is, I'd love this to be a series of strange long (both in time and in distance) shots with old men walking back and forth.

There's going to be an amazing nerd uproar when the first 15 minutes of the new season is a long shot of a weird old guy shambling slowly down a hallway.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Polo-Rican posted:

There's going to be an amazing nerd uproar when the first 15 minutes of the new season is a long shot of a weird old guy shambling slowly down a hallway.

Or Ray Wise dancing for 15 minutes.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Every person I know who likes this show loves the endless bank scene and the opening of season 2. Doing that sort of thing again would be closer to fan service than "trolling."

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Mouse Dresser posted:

I want Gordon Cole and Shelley to have more scenes together. More adorable, awkward scenes.

Yes.

bobkatt013 posted:

Yes.

I want to see where Jerry Horne is these days. If Ben kept with his "Trying to be good" thing, Jerry probably isn't in a good place. Can't picture him being a "good" person.

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008

bobkatt013 posted:

Now mairzy doats a dozy doats and liddle lamzy divey, a kiddley divey too wouldnt you?...

ElectricWizard
Oct 21, 2008
No word on James returning yet?

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

ElectricWizard posted:

It must be kind of a bummer the be the one dude in a fairly large ensemble cast who nobody has any interest in seeing again. All this time has passed and I get absolutely no feeling of nostalgia whatsoever when I think about the James character returning. I don't even find him annoying , which is actually worse in the context of Twin Peaks. He's just a nothing, a non-entity.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Happy birthday, David Lynch :toot:

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

egon_beeblebrox posted:

I want to see where Jerry Horne is these days. If Ben kept with his "Trying to be good" thing, Jerry probably isn't in a good place. Can't picture him being a "good" person.

Well Ben being "a good person" led to the Hayward family falling apart and (possibly) his own death so Jerry ending up in a bad way would be thematically consistent.

I've said this before, but James needs to return as BOB.

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

I am in absolute shock at this news. I would say this is a cash grab if it weren't David Lynch because Lynch simply does not do cash grabs. This is so exciting because he's just... I mean, I would be thrilled with *any* new Lynch content - it's only been what, 8 or 9 years since his last proper film. The fact that it's new Twin Peaks content is just...

Certain aspects of Twin Peaks - the film especially - just went places that spoke to me and terrified me in a way that I can only relate to in some sort of half-remembered dream state. A lot of Lynch stuff is like that, for me. It's illogically scary in the way that a night terror can be - like that scene in Mulholland Drive with the man talking about his dream with the scary man behind the particular coffee shop he was at with his friend. But Twin Peaks just goes deeper than that for me. I could go on for paragraphs about why and I'd just come off as crazy.

I'm just thrilled this is happening, so long as Lynch is the one who is really doing it. The only truly important actor to have back is Kyle MacLachlan, in my mind. And maybe The Man From Another Place. Though that's maybe a slightly simplistic view. It's a shame the actor who played Killer BOB (Frank Silva) died so young, he was so menacing and good at that role. Particularly for someone hired as a set dresser originally.

kaworu fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Jan 20, 2015

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer
Frank Silva always seemed to be having a ball. The man didn't even have to do anything -- he could just be standing there -- and he still somehow radiated gleeful menace.

Like in this iconic behind-the-scenes photo:

Dude's just smiling, and I feel unsettled. That's the smile of a demon reading your soul and knowing you're destined to an eternity in hell.....orrrrrr it's just a guy chilling out with his coworkers. Or both. Why not both?

Rand Ecliptic
May 23, 2003

Jesus Saves! - And Takes Half Damage!!

Doakes posted:

Now mairzy doats a dozy doats and liddle lamzy divey, a kiddley divey too wouldnt you?...

I'm pretty sure the lyrics are real words, and not gibberish.

Mares eat oats and does eat oats and little lambs eat ivy. A kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

It starts out as gibberish and then transitions in the bridge:

Now if the words sound queer
and funny to your ear
a little bit jumbled and jivey
Sing mares eat oats
and does eat oats
and little lambs eat ivy

e: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mairzy_Doats

Rand Ecliptic
May 23, 2003

Jesus Saves! - And Takes Half Damage!!

Party Boat posted:

It starts out as gibberish and then transitions in the bridge:

Now if the words sound queer
and funny to your ear
a little bit jumbled and jivey
Sing mares eat oats
and does eat oats
and little lambs eat ivy

e: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mairzy_Doats

Foiled again. But thanks! I'd never even considered that it was a real song for some reason.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Needs more Fred Astaire

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Rabbit Hill posted:

Frank Silva always seemed to be having a ball. The man didn't even have to do anything -- he could just be standing there -- and he still somehow radiated gleeful menace.

Like in this iconic behind-the-scenes photo:

Dude's just smiling, and I feel unsettled. That's the smile of a demon reading your soul and knowing you're destined to an eternity in hell.....orrrrrr it's just a guy chilling out with his coworkers. Or both. Why not both?

My favorite part of that picture is that neither's looking at Silva or the camera; just adds to the unsettling feeling.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I've seen that picture before and I just assumed it was photoshopped. Silva looks pasted in.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Yeah absolutely. His hand and arm don't seem right either.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I like to think that Frank was just walking by, noticed the camera, and struck that smile/pose without anyone noticing right away.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

ElectricWizard posted:

The new episodes will open with a 10 minute shot of a man in the distance riding a motorcycle into Twin Peaks.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Idran posted:

My favorite part of that picture is that neither's looking at Silva or the camera; just adds to the unsettling feeling.

Yeah, aside from him it's just a candid photo. It's like if you had a shot of a bunch of people standing around in tableau, doing their own thing, framed on a wall, and then suddenly one of them just turns and looks right at you.

E:

Data Graham fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Jan 21, 2015

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Solice Kirsk posted:

I like to think that Frank was just walking by, noticed the camera, and struck that smile/pose without anyone noticing right away.

Yeah, the funny thing is that he was out sick that day and nobody remembered him being around when they were filming. He actually said he had trouble remembering some of the things he did that week, and also that they wouldn't let him talk about it, not at all.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Vanity Fair is totally down with this Twin Peaks thing all the kids are talking about!

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Jack Gladney posted:

Yeah, the funny thing is that he was out sick that day and nobody remembered him being around when they were filming. He actually said he had trouble remembering some of the things he did that week, and also that they wouldn't let him talk about it, not at all.
I want to believe

Also I got a copy of the Secret Diary of Laura Palmer, and good lord if this wasn't a reprint of a NYT bestseller connected to a hit TV series I'd think I'm on a government watchlist now. God drat, did Lynch tell his daughter what he wanted in it, or did she just, you know, surprise him?

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

Darthemed posted:

Vanity Fair is totally down with this Twin Peaks thing all the kids are talking about!

Bobby didn't ride a motorcycle, Vanity Fair :colbert:

edit:

Nessus posted:

God drat, did Lynch tell his daughter what he wanted in it, or did she just, you know, surprise him?

I used to wonder that too, then I saw Boxing Helena.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Nessus posted:

I want to believe

Also I got a copy of the Secret Diary of Laura Palmer, and good lord if this wasn't a reprint of a NYT bestseller connected to a hit TV series I'd think I'm on a government watchlist now. God drat, did Lynch tell his daughter what he wanted in it, or did she just, you know, surprise him?

In my imagination she used it as an attempt to rebel, since she was 19 or something when she wrote it and handed it off with an angry, "what do you think daddy?" And Lynch just read it through and said in his best Gordon Cole voice (that I imagine he speaks in all the time), "LOOKS GOOD, SWEETIE! CAN YOU PUT IN ANOTHER ORGY WITH DONNA AFTER THE FIRST COUPLE RAPES?"

I guess in my imagination Jennifer Lynch is just Audrey.

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

There is a part of the diary in which she lists the initials of all of the men she slept with. I spent far too long trying to match them all with actual character names. What is Dr.Jacoby's proper name?

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Lawrence

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Gatekeeper posted:

I used to wonder that too, then I saw Boxing Helena.

When the movie Eraserhead was inspired by your infancy, you've got to have some odd baggage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

timeandtide
Nov 29, 2007

This space is reserved for future considerations.
Quick n' dirty BOB solution:

• Locked thread