Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
I guess the TNA/New Japan insecurity isn't solely contained on Mecca.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
I'm talking for the linear championship. It seems like some internet grognard would be picky on that.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I'm sure a million people pointed out the subtweet to JR but when a 60 year old man gets to call you out on your subtweeting that's pretty loving funny.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Josh Mathews is a loving moron

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum
Has a wrestler ever acknowledged being a linear champion? Be it on twitter or shooting on Raw or whatever.

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

Josh Matthews can go manage the Young Bucks after TNA folds

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

incredible bear posted:

Has a wrestler ever acknowledged being a linear champion? Be it on twitter or shooting on Raw or whatever.

No. It's just something that's being tracked for fun.

edit: oh for some reason I thought this said has WWE ever acknowledged it.

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Jan 19, 2015

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Eleanor Pwnsevelt posted:

Josh Matthews can go manage the Young Bucks after TNA folds

But the Young Bucks are good and Josh Mathews is bad.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

incredible bear posted:

Cesaro has on Twitter.

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

incredible bear posted:

Yes, Wade Barrett has talked about it in an interview and I think he tweeted about it once as well.

http://www.gerweck.net/2014/04/06/video-wade-barrett-chats-about-being-the-linear-champion-wrestlemania-the-riser-idea-and-more/

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

@realjoshmathews posted:

Please, stop. It's not a fair fight. If you can't masturbate 4 times a day, just go away.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Good news, guys, we get to stay.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Jesus, his dick must looks like Dusty Rhodes' forehead.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Yes, Wade Barrett has talked about it in an interview and I think he tweeted about it once as well.

http://www.gerweck.net/2014/04/06/video-wade-barrett-chats-about-being-the-linear-champion-wrestlemania-the-riser-idea-and-more/

Big Nerd Barrett.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Josh is probably drinking that TNA Kool-Aid, to where anyone who criticizes TNA is "out of touch" and "doesn't understand the unique product we're producing"

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
The way they don't even wait 20 seconds before they start jobbing an IC champ out is hilarious. The way they book the thing, they really outta just give it to Heath Slater and let him have some crazy Honky Tonk Man reign where he constantly loses but retains somehow.

Or an IC championship scramble match where every participant is desperately tying to get pinned so they DONT win the cursed title.

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum

Excellent. Barrett's so dreamy, I wish he could go 10 days without getting injured.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Tato posted:

Or an IC championship scramble match where every participant is desperately tying to get pinned so they DONT win the cursed title.

Alternately, I'd love to see the IC title get some credibility back, but have them also introduce a "cursed" belt where the object is to try to lose it, and tapping out doesn't count. Or have it audience reaction based like Dragon Gate's Owarai title.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

sticklefifer posted:

Alternately, I'd love to see the IC title get some credibility back, but have them also introduce a "cursed" belt where the object is to try to lose it, and tapping out doesn't count. Or have it audience reaction based like Dragon Gate's Owarai title.

If only they would start using the fabled Internet Championship, they could transfer the jobber curse to it, for the holder is already a jobber.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

sticklefifer posted:

Every promotion should have an Owarai belt.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Dimebags Brain posted:

Every promotion should have an Owarai belt.

Agreed.

This extends to MMA and other contact sports as well.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Tato posted:

The way they don't even wait 20 seconds before they start jobbing an IC champ out is hilarious. The way they book the thing, they really outta just give it to Heath Slater and let him have some crazy Honky Tonk Man reign where he constantly loses but retains somehow.

....I have a feeling this all started during Santino's Honk-A-Meter phase and they just forgot to take the IC title off the 'jobber title' list they have in Creative....

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Jan 20, 2015

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Tato posted:

You have no idea how down I'd be with this.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Meltzer said this came about because Josh is paranoid JR is coming after his job or something?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

You can buy a lot of route 44 peach iced tea from Sonic, America's Drive in with Destination America money

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

triplexpac posted:

Meltzer said this came about because Josh is paranoid JR is coming after his job or something?

Why the hell would JR want Josh Mathews' job?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Good to see Josh going Alan Partridge.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Luigi Thirty posted:

Why the hell would JR want Josh Mathews' job?

Dementia?

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

So is Josh just not reading sarcasm here? That looks like a pretty obvious snark at the UFC from JR.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

Fauxhawk Express posted:

So is Josh just not reading sarcasm here? That looks like a pretty obvious snark at the UFC from JR.
Josh is a moron.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Gonzo McFee posted:

Who's Alan Partridge?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

CobiWann posted:

Who's Alan Partridge?

The Alpha Papa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBiJDmkpZQc

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.

Fauxhawk Express posted:

You also read that wrong. He was complimenting the UFC. http://www.newsday.com/sports/mixed-martial-arts/ufc-fight-night-in-boston-draws-big-rating-for-fox-sports-1-1.9822630

Edit with a tweet: https://twitter.com/JRsBBQ/status/557217528809017345

quote:

Anyone who thinks I meant @NFL is less than @UFC when j said UFC 'won' Sun NITE is ignorant. UFC Programming experiment worked. @NFL=Big Dog

Stokes fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Jan 21, 2015

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

CobiWann posted:

Who's Alan Partridge?

You know you increasingly make me lament that you somehow managed to miss every amazing British comedy series that ever aired.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

triplexpac posted:

I thought he said Josh felt JR took a shot at him when Dixie was on his podcast? I don't even know or care, I'm just laughing at Josh.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Gonzo McFee posted:

Just tonight compared this to North Norfolk Digital

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I like Josh, I do, but every time I think of him I'm reminded of his first night commentating on Raw where he had a massive nose bleed as soon as the camera was on him.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

rovert posted:

Just tonight compared this to North Norfolk Digital

Holy gently caress that looks so low rent and lovely. Is that for real?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Bobtista posted:

Holy gently caress that looks so low rent and lovely. Is that for real?

It is and they push it as a feature/innovation that they post-produce commentary remotely in Nashville.