Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Anidav posted:

But TOML, you were scum last game, you should be happy about me loving up, not angry. Unless you're trying to fit in with the current snowball?

We were all thrilled with you loving up last game because you covered up a very risky nightkill with two days of solid bullshit.

Now that there situation's reversed, I'm much less willing to let you stick around and derail good debate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ironic Sex Tourist
Jan 18, 2015

by XyloJW

If we don't get an anidav lynch I'm going to ban myself

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Ironic Sex Tourist posted:

Hey bif aren't you famous for being the poster who's all like

I will be the hammer for anyone, any time, just give me someone to lynch

?

yeah that was when I was scum

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Lid posted:

Because people post whats going through their head and what was going through MC's head was "hmmmm Anidav will flip town, so if I vote for someone else if I plant the seed that those who didn't vote Anidav are town I confirm myself :neckbeard:"

Like you said it's their first day on the job and they may not have thought this through. This however is, while the biggest part, does not change the other elements of MC being scummy. Plus MC has gotten reaaaaaaaal quiet since his name started coming up, even though he only has two votes others have showed agreement with the logic so may be trying to keep his head down.

Oooooooooor he could've gone to a job interview like he said was. Or could have a life, be out, doing things, not posting.

MC Eating Disorder posted:

so far the only two people I have any reason to believe are scum at all are GSC (voted for beet, the strongest town player) and ironic sex tourist (voted for someone for what seemed like absolutely no reason) and even then I'm not nearly sure enough about either of those two to make any kind of an accusation, and I've got a job interview to go to, since I don't know how long I'm going to be gone for I'm just going to ##vote anidav (sorry dude, its for the good of the town!)

If there's no hammer by the time I get back and ongoing developments I'll consider switching but I'm pretty happy with my decision for now

You've got such a serious Sherlock boner for MC, you're really reaching. beet noting that MC had sucked up a few times was way more suss than this.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I kind of skipped a few pages to say obviously all proclamations of innocence are suspect in this game, but this is my first mafia game and all of the scummy actions attributed to me are me being really dumb and not really thinking before I post and if anyone who suspects me can review my posting history and NOT apply Hanlons razor to me I'm happy you think I'm capable of actually thinking that far ahead

Ironic Sex Tourist
Jan 18, 2015

by XyloJW

Seagull posted:

Everyone is because blindly lynching is fun.

Noooo but bif does this all the time, she's famous for it

Except now when the vote gets to twelve she changes her mind and unvotes because she wants more time to think??/

I'm no handwriting expert but it looks pretty suss to me

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

disclaimer: I note that he stuck around posting for a bit after the job interview thing but phone posting maybe? I don't loving know I'm not his mother.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
Lid seems to have stopped going after me when it didn't get any traction and is now piggy-backing on Kommando's campaign to get MC lynched.

Scummy as gently caress IMO

Noooo but bif does this all the time, she's famous for it

Except now when the vote gets to twelve she changes her mind and unvotes because she wants more time to think??/

I'm no handwriting expert but it looks pretty suss to me

Bif is usually more eager to fling poo poo, but it was a disaster last game, and even then she still held off to prevent hammers. Still, she does seem to be playing differently.

Early hammers are bad for town, we just have to balance it so we don't accidently run out of time with 13 votes.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Anyway I'm kind of worried I've inadvertently become the Anidav of this game so I'm not going to say anything further wrt my guilt or innocence except I still think Kommando is suspect as poo poo and also im happy to be an early lynch as long as no one blames me if Kommando is also town and we're just up our own asses. given how voluntary suicides went last time I doubt this would happen but I just really want to make it clear I'm not scum, I'm just really bad at town

Ironic Sex Tourist
Jan 18, 2015

by XyloJW

Splode posted:

Lid seems to have stopped going after me when it didn't get any traction and is now piggy-backing on Kommando's campaign to get MC lynched.

Yeah most people are just flinging poo poo but lid is really making a concerted effort to make things stick, and shifting targets when they don't get traction

He's pinging my sussdar

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

I kind of skipped a few pages to say obviously all proclamations of innocence are suspect in this game, but this is my first mafia game and all of the scummy actions attributed to me are me being really dumb and not really thinking before I post and if anyone who suspects me can review my posting history and NOT apply Hanlons razor to me I'm happy you think I'm capable of actually thinking that far ahead
You're calling yourself stupid? I don't think that's something normal people really do. Even if it was legitimate stupidity, I think most people would try and rationalize it or defend themselves a bit more.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

rudatron posted:

You're calling yourself stupid? I don't think that's something normal people really do. Even if it was legitimate stupidity, I think most people would try and rationalize it or defend themselves a bit more.

(this is a joke post right?)

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Splode posted:

Bif is usually more eager to fling poo poo, but it was a disaster last game, and even then she still held off to prevent hammers. Still, she does seem to be playing differently.

Early hammers are bad for town, we just have to balance it so we don't accidently run out of time with 13 votes.

Indeed i did stop going for you as it gained no traction as being pragmatic is a good skill. Hell i even said so as my single vote for you was white noise among the six others and the Anidav juggernaut. There is more than one scum in this game and both you and MC are two of them as i've said. No reason to stubbornly pursue one when theres another.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Yeah most people are just flinging poo poo but lid is really making a concerted effort to make things stick, and shifting targets when they don't get traction

He's pinging my sussdar

Oh no a person trying to make conscious arguments as opposed to making GBS threads on the floor. It pings me that this is happening.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Bifauxnen posted:

whoah, okay it's at 12 now,

##unvote

cause I wanna look through my notes soon as I get home and then post whatever sense I can make out of all this poo poo before the end of D1. I'll re-vote once I'm done with that.
FOR THE LOVE OF

Ironic Sex Tourist
Jan 18, 2015

by XyloJW
Fuuuuuck look at this one dance boys, I think we've found ourselves a deception!

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Lid posted:

Oh no a person trying to make conscious arguments as opposed to making GBS threads on the floor. It pings me that this is happening.

But why make something stick? No town players really know anything, it's all day 1 speculation. The only way you can know anything for sure is if you're scum.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Anyway I'm kind of worried I've inadvertently become the Anidav of this game so I'm not going to say anything further wrt my guilt or innocence except I still think Kommando is suspect as poo poo and also im happy to be an early lynch as long as no one blames me if Kommando is also town and we're just up our own asses. given how voluntary suicides went last time I doubt this would happen but I just really want to make it clear I'm not scum, I'm just really bad at town
don't worry dude, anidav is the anidav of this game

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Fruity Gordo posted:

i will punch myself in the face if my being circumspect and posting CAREFUL NOW fucks up the momentum to the point that we dont get a lynch

How's the face Fruity? :v:

Splode posted:

But why make something stick? No town players really know anything, it's all day 1 speculation. The only way you can know anything for sure is if you're scum.

He's going after the person he most thinks is scum. I can respect that, it's his reasoning I take issue with.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Splode posted:

It is all day one speculation, but if let's say I am wishy-washy and "this is for future days" then it's nothing more than "eh" and I might as well go with the scum and town wagon on Anidav because lets face it even the ones who are town here are voting them not because they're scum but just because they can. Maybe by putting forward thought out arguments and analysis we might actually get scum by forcing them to have to defend themselves or post. If day one was as meaningless as you say we should just skip it, lynch Anidav, and move on to the night phase every game.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Well yes, I think you are a dumb scum. I've never even once said anything to think you're playing fourth dimensional chess here.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
We can if you want.

http://www.amazon.com/Hasbro-41088-Transformers-Chess-Set/dp/B000M5NIRU

Ironic Sex Tourist
Jan 18, 2015

by XyloJW
Out of phone reception for three hours will not be posting

You idiots better have kill dave by the time I'm back

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
Welp, there's three hours and three votes left so I might as well

##vote anidav

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I'll be back later to talk about whether or not I think lid is suspect for being so certain of my guilt, I should be back at my computer to look at if my posts are bad enough to warrant that kind of certainty and to actually think about what he's accusing me of, I'm just at a friends house getting ripped and I'll be home in an hour or so, I look forward to discussing it with you then

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Avshalom posted:

FOR THE LOVE OF

Current votes on Anidav: 11. only 3 more will be needed.

10 players currently not voting:
Anidav (well duh unless he wants to re-do the suicide theme)
Bifauxnen (I said I'm gonna revote once I get home and have some more run-through time)
black_tangled (hasn't voted for him at all and seems uncommitted to his lynch so far)
Harold Krell (doesn't seem to be showing his face)
Mithranderp (has cast then unvote, says she wants to delay the hammer, but will re-vote when time comes)
rudatron (uncertain, wants to wait and not hammer fast but hasn't committed to Anidav)
Seagull (says he stands by Anidav lynch, but waiting till end of day)
thatbastardken (no idea, hasn't been around yet, might want to participate in talk more in the evening though, which is why turbolynch can be bad)
Tirade (has said he'll vote for Anidav, just later)
Tommofork (unclear. has said "it's clear" Anidav's getting lynched, but not that he'll participate.

So that's 4 votes out there just waiting for later in the day when people have actually got home from work. And there's also 6 more people on top of that who have their votes sitting on others, who could switch.

So I'm not too worried. But if people don't stand by their commitment to getting a lynch and let it peter out, or conversely, if they suddenly rush in to hammer and quelch discussion, that could be useful to look at.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

SKY COQ posted:

good debate.
This is bait here, you've only been posting about Harold, me and telling people to bold votes. The few times someone votes for you, you don't reply to defend yourself. Only swear and dismiss. As soon as Lid voted for you, you try backing up Beet and try flinging suss back at Lid. You essentially tried to do a OMGUS without voting. The only reason you would get away with tagalonging the one person who is slightly against the person who voted for you is because everyone is focusing on me.

If you want good debate, have it now but you clearly are not.

SKY COQ posted:

Beet was right about day 1 no-lynches, so let's get the ball rolling.

##vote Anidav

Setting up Hambeet's logic as a scum weapon

SKY COQ posted:

No Harold you need to go harder.

Egging on Harold to make the game more chaotic as previous.

SKY COQ posted:

Oh for gently caress's sake

Dismissive cussing to avoid the focus on me from changing

SKY COQ posted:

That's my take. It's picked up this afternoon as well, almost as if it took someone a while to set up a scumdoc and coordinate posting strategies.

Piggybacking on Beet again to try and align yourself with a perceived good player and poster.

##vote SKY COQ

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Lid posted:

It is all day one speculation, but if let's say I am wishy-washy and "this is for future days" then it's nothing more than "eh" and I might as well go with the scum and town wagon on Anidav because lets face it even the ones who are town here are voting them not because they're scum but just because they can. Maybe by putting forward thought out arguments and analysis we might actually get scum by forcing them to have to defend themselves or post. If day one was as meaningless as you say we should just skip it, lynch Anidav, and move on to the night phase every game.

Nuh uh, dragging out the day 1 lynch is good as it provides more poo poo to work with later. I'm not saying Day 1 is meaningless at all, but I don't think your arguments are strong enough to justify how strongly you're arguing them.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Once again I still think Kommando is scum, I'm pretty sure I hadn't said ANYTHING dumb when he went on his rampage, the way I reacted to that may warrant suspicion but I'm not sure

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Once again I still think Kommando is scum, I'm pretty sure I hadn't said ANYTHING dumb when he went on his rampage, the way I reacted to that may warrant suspicion but I'm not sure

yeah we know, don't panic unless you're scum, then pls meltdown TIA

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Bifauxnen posted:

Current votes on Anidav: 11. only 3 more will be needed.

10 players currently not voting:
Anidav (well duh unless he wants to re-do the suicide theme)
Bifauxnen (I said I'm gonna revote once I get home and have some more run-through time)
black_tangled (hasn't voted for him at all and seems uncommitted to his lynch so far)
Harold Krell (doesn't seem to be showing his face)
Mithranderp (has cast then unvote, says she wants to delay the hammer, but will re-vote when time comes)
rudatron (uncertain, wants to wait and not hammer fast but hasn't committed to Anidav)
Seagull (says he stands by Anidav lynch, but waiting till end of day)
thatbastardken (no idea, hasn't been around yet, might want to participate in talk more in the evening though, which is why turbolynch can be bad)
Tirade (has said he'll vote for Anidav, just later)
Tommofork (unclear. has said "it's clear" Anidav's getting lynched, but not that he'll participate.

So that's 4 votes out there just waiting for later in the day when people have actually got home from work. And there's also 6 more people on top of that who have their votes sitting on others, who could switch.

So I'm not too worried. But if people don't stand by their commitment to getting a lynch and let it peter out, or conversely, if they suddenly rush in to hammer and quelch discussion, that could be useful to look at.

I also said I'm in D1lyncher4lyfe crew. :colbert:

I think. If I didn't pretend I did and yes I'll vote with the team because a lynch is better than no lynch, even if it's a poo poo lynch. We might get lucky.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Splode posted:

yeah we know, don't panic unless you're Anime David, then pls meltdown TIA

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
I'll pull the trigger but no sooner than eight.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
I'll definitely vote anidav by 7pm because that's when I'll eat, but I have no interest in rushing it. I don't think anyone else is going to get lynched today, and a d1 lynch is necessary. What I don't like is people pushing the vote fast and people who admit they voted anidav simply because they don't like his character. I'd rather hear who other people find suspicious and have votes based on that.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Speaking of which, the people I'm most suspicious of now are people who haven't really got involved in debate, who are black_tangled, Fruity Gordo, Howard Krell, Plotterboy and Tirade. I don't really want mafia to win by simply sitting back and letting town eat itself, again, but that might just be what's happening.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

left: anidav, right: me

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

rudatron posted:

but that might just be what's happening.
That's exactly what's happening. They'll go for me, then Harold then IST and Mafia is 4 days unpunished. You're literally being set up on a path that will very quickly cause Town to lose.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Anidav (12): SKY COQ, Those On My Left, Splode, Avshalom, Plotterboy, Plotterboy, bell jar, Gough Suppressant, Ironic Sex Tourist, Kommando, Fruity Gordo, Kommando, Kommando, Mithranderp, Kommando, Lid, MC Eating Disorder, Lid, Lid, Small Keating, Fruity Gordo, MC Eating Disorder, Bifauxnen, Fruity Gordo, Small Keating, Mithranderp, Lid, webmeister, Matthew Beet, Ironic Sex Tourist, Ironic Sex Tourist, Milky Moor, Bifauxnen, Mithranderp
SKY COQ (2): Kommando, Kommando, Small Keating, Lid, Lid, Anidav
MC Eating Disorder (2): Kommando, Kommando, Kommando, Lid
Matthew Beet (1): GoldStandardConure, Kommando, Kommando
Seagull (1): Plotterboy, Kommando, Kommando
Kommando (1): Matthew Beet, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, MC Eating Disorder, Matthew Beet
Those On My Left (0): Kommando, Kommando
Small Keating (0): Kommando, Kommando
Splode (0): Kommando, Kommando, Lid, Lid
Bifauxnen (0): Kommando, Kommando
black_tangled (0): Small Keating, Kommando, Kommando, Small Keating
Harold Krell (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Kommando, Kommando
Avshalom (0): Kommando, Kommando, Kommando, Kommando
Tommofork (0): Kommando, Kommando
Mithranderp (0): Kommando, Kommando, Bifauxnen, Kommando, Kommando, Bifauxnen
Lid (0): Kommando, Kommando, Kommando, Kommando
GoldStandardConure (0): Kommando, Kommando
Tirade (0): Kommando, Kommando
webmeister (0): Kommando, Kommando
bell jar (0): Kommando, Kommando
Ironic Sex Tourist (0): Kommando, Kommando
Milky Moor (0): Seagull, Kommando, Kommando, Seagull
rudatron (0): Kommando, Kommando
Plotterboy (0): Kommando, Kommando, Kommando, Kommando
Gough Suppressant (0): Kommando, Kommando
thatbastardken (0): Kommando, Kommando
Fruity Gordo (0): Lid, Kommando, Kommando, Lid

Not Voting (8): Bifauxnen, black_tangled, Harold Krell, rudatron, Seagull, thatbastardken, Tirade, Tommofork

With 27 alive, it's 14 votes to lynch. The current deadline is January 21st, 2015 at 9 p.m. EST -- that's in about 2 hours, 56 minutes.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
sorry for being quiet, kind of a busy day. I'll catch up on the thread and make some informative and helpful posts in a little while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

rudatron posted:

Speaking of which, the people I'm most suspicious of now are people who haven't really got involved in debate, who are black_tangled, Fruity Gordo, Howard Krell, Plopperboy and Tirade. I don't really want mafia to win by simply sitting back and letting town eat itself, again, but that might just be what's happening.

FTFY

That ought to get some posts out of him.

But yeah, I'd like to see some more posts from these people. Black tangled has been narrowing her eyes at a few people, but hasn't committed to anything or expanded on her suspicions, Fruity has been busy today, but her only posts were joke posts, HK has only posted a few times and it was gibberish, Tirade and Plopp are being SNEAKY?

• Locked thread