Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Anidav posted:

This is bait here, you've only been posting about Harold, me and telling people to bold votes. The few times someone votes for you, you don't reply to defend yourself. Only swear and dismiss. As soon as Lid voted for you, you try backing up Beet and try flinging suss back at Lid. You essentially tried to do a OMGUS without voting. The only reason you would get away with tagalonging the one person who is slightly against the person who voted for you is because everyone is focusing on me.

If you want good debate, have it now but you clearly are not.

Setting up Hambeet's logic as a scum weapon

Egging on Harold to make the game more chaotic as previous.

Dismissive cussing to avoid the focus on me from changing

Piggybacking on Beet again to try and align yourself with a perceived good player and poster.

##vote SKY COQ

Today isn't the time for that. I've got some suspicion around Lid in particular - not because he's suss on me, but because he's been derailing a fairly straightforward vote to get you gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

Anidav posted:

That's exactly what's happening. They'll go for me, then Harold then IST and Mafia is 4 days unpunished. You're literally being set up on a path that will very quickly cause Town to lose.

Anidav, what's your alternative though? Do you honestly reckon that a no-lynch d1 is better for town than not?

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Splode posted:

yeah we know, don't panic unless you're scum, then pls meltdown TIA

I'm so bad at this because it's all the anxiety of arguing on the Internet without any of the burning power of righteous indignation but I'll try

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Yes, on day 1 it's a straightforward vote to get me gone. On night 1 another townie is gone.

Yes on day 2 it's a straightforward vote to get Harold gone. On night 2 another townie is gone.

Yes on day 3 it's a straightforward vote to get IST gone. On night 3 another townie is gone.

Assuming we're all town, that's a minimum of 6 dead townies in 3 days without factoring in another faction or a second scum team. All the while, scum get no suspicion.

I can speak for myself, I am town. Do you really want to start the above path?

Ironic Sex Tourist
Jan 18, 2015

by XyloJW
Hey Harold Krill

You stink and I'm going to vote for you

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I know continuing to post about how bad I am at mafia probably doesnt help my case as town but im learning as I go here

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Ironic Sex Tourist posted:

Hey Harold Krill

You stink and I'm going to vote for you

Krill probably does stink quite a bit.

Poor Howard Krill :(

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

SKY COQ posted:

Today isn't the time for that. I've got some suspicion around Lid in particular - not because he's suss on me, but because he's been derailing a fairly straightforward vote to get you gone.

Like i said i am always suss of a day one lynch with no opposition. Scum have friends, townies don't. This lynch was essentually assured an hour into the game and thats suss as hell so efforts should be spent trying to find players who are acting suspicious and who have friends.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Harold Krell posted:

Were you laughing at my bird pun or something else?

I've been rereading the thread and FYI everyone, tomorrow I'm voting Harold for this is nothing better comes up in the meanwhile. THAT WAS NOT A PUN YOU poo poo.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

MC Eating Disorder posted:

I'm so bad at this because it's all the anxiety of arguing on the Internet without any of the burning power of righteous indignation but I'll try

Holy poo poo what is with your posting "hey guys just ignore me i am bad at this game just ignore me"

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

rudatron posted:

Speaking of which, the people I'm most suspicious of now are people who haven't really got involved in debate, who are black_tangled, Fruity Gordo, Howard Krell, Plotterboy and Tirade. I don't really want mafia to win by simply sitting back and letting town eat itself, again, but that might just be what's happening.

Work has SA blocked so I'm phoneposting during the day, which doesn't lend itself to multi-page analysis. I'll make up for it at night and If I'm still around on Sat I'll be posting a fair bit more.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Tirade posted:

Anidav, what's your alternative though? Do you honestly reckon that a no-lynch d1 is better for town than not?

I'm not sure if Beet's logic has a maximum number of players. With 27 players I think we can not lynch today and look to see who is dead tomorrow. I absolutely am certain I am town. There are a fair few character posters who could also be town and be very easy to get a snowball on. We need to get the focus off me right now and look into other posters or else you're looking at the below situation

4 Days with no productivity.

IF the votes on me undo I would be happy to disengage with SKY COQ and actually look into who is dead tomorrow with each of you.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Anidav posted:

Yes, on day 1 it's a straightforward vote to get me gone. On night 1 another townie is gone.

Yes on day 2 it's a straightforward vote to get Harold gone. On night 2 another townie is gone.

Yes on day 3 it's a straightforward vote to get IST gone. On night 3 another townie is gone.

Assuming we're all town, that's a minimum of 6 dead townies in 3 days without factoring in another faction or a second scum team. All the while, scum get no suspicion.

I can speak for myself, I am town. Do you really want to start the above path?

Tommofork posted:

I've been rereading the thread and FYI everyone, tomorrow I'm voting Harold for this is nothing better comes up in the meanwhile. THAT WAS NOT A PUN YOU poo poo.

Heed my warning fellow towns, look how easy this will come true.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Anidav posted:

With 27 players I think we can not lynch today and look to see who is dead tomorrow.

:cmon:

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
i was involved a lot today i thought, i just havent effortposted bc at this stage i dont really have anything to effortpost about :shrug: you don't need that many words to say 'in the absence of obvious scum im gonna gun for the annoying person who acts selfishly and lies to the detriment of town'. once i have something more than vague suspicion ill have something to run with but i rarely get a decent hunch on d1 or d2 without someone really faceplanting into cow poo poo

Ironic Sex Tourist
Jan 18, 2015

by XyloJW
Shut up david this is a big game there will be cops and hunters and murkles so we will definitely have data on the morning, just need to get you out of the way first

Plus you're annoying and I don't like you

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

You are right, there will be power roles.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Lid posted:

Holy poo poo what is with your posting "hey guys just ignore me i am bad at this game just ignore me"

I'm walking about high looking at a mobile phone wondering if I give a poo poo enough about this to warrant running into any pedestrians because I'm really emotionally invested in this game because that's kind of how I am

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

I know continuing to post about how bad I am at mafia probably doesnt help my case as town but im learning as I go here

You'll pick it up, it's not that hard, relax. If you're town, you're not that important so sit back and help when you can. If you're scum, your scum friends will help you.

Tommofork posted:

I'd be more interested in voting for Lid, he seems suss as hell, but we'll see what happens tonight. You really don't need to just lynch someone at random on day 2.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Anidav posted:

wait, why ist? that's a random name to pull out of the hat. i don't have any intention of voting for him and i don't think anyone else has laid a case against him yet. do you know something we don't?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

I'm walking about high looking at a mobile phone wondering if I give a poo poo enough about this to warrant running into any pedestrians because I'm really emotionally invested in this game because that's kind of how I am

ignore me, i am on drugs?

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Anidav posted:

You are right, there will be power roles.

Are we gonna be in for another round of Anidav hinting strongly that he has a power role?

IDK if you've ever heard about the boy who cried wolf. It's a good story; you might learn something from it.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

haha don't worry, you're doing fine. well, fine as in i have no idea whether you're scum or town or what. this is my first game too so just do what i'm doing, fling poo poo and see what sticks

also don't take it personally when people accuse you wildly or call you a dickhead, this is auspol

Ironic Sex Tourist
Jan 18, 2015

by XyloJW
Yippee Kay yay motherfuckers

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
It's probably better for town if I just don't do anything else today until the hammer but I'll be reading everything and I'll probably post because poor impulse control is cool and I'm not doing anything productive today hence my over posting in general

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

Mithranderp posted:

Are we gonna be in for another round of Anidav hinting strongly that he has a power role?

IDK if you've ever heard about the boy who cried wolf. It's a good story; you might learn something from it.

:ghost:anidav roleclaims as wolf:ghost:

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
if anidav flips scum i'll be looking pretty hard at ist now

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

It's probably better for town if I just don't do anything else today until the hammer but I'll be reading everything and I'll probably post because poor impulse control is cool and I'm not doing anything productive today hence my over posting in general

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Anidav posted:

I'm not sure if Beet's logic has a maximum number of players. With 27 players I think we can not lynch today and look to see who is dead tomorrow. I absolutely am certain I am town. There are a fair few character posters who could also be town and be very easy to get a snowball on. We need to get the focus off me right now and look into other posters or else you're looking at the below situation

4 Days with no productivity.

IF the votes on me undo I would be happy to disengage with SKY COQ and actually look into who is dead tomorrow with each of you.

1) The number of players isn't relevant, as the number of scum is proportional. In fact, more players mean individual townies are less valuable, so the day 1 lynch is a better risk to take.
2) All the other reasons you should always lynch on day 1, as repeated by hambeast.
3) You're passionately defending yourself AGAIN which is unhelpful as town and a giveaway as scum
4) 4 days with no productivity is a myth you made up. MAYBE there will be a snowball against HK tomorrow, but I doubt it. Nobody is going to snowball IST though, as why would we? He's bullying you but he's also playing normally, he's not a candidate for turbo lynching regardless of alignment.

You're being very distracting and have an uncanny ability to shut down conversation that isn't about you, which hurts town. You show no sign of stopping. Even if you aren't scum, you're hindering the townies efforts to scumhunt, you gotta go pal.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

just vote for anidav, that's all we ask of you

also you're currently #11 out of what, 30 posters? so don't worry about overposting, drowning out all the useful data in a flood of verbiage is half the fun (for me)

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Avshalom posted:

also you're currently #11 out of what, 30 posters? so don't worry about overposting, drowning out all the useful data in a flood of verbiage is half the fun (for me)

How do I look at that avs?

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
##vote Anidav

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Avshalom posted:

Is there a link to see the post count? IDK where to look at that.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Tirade posted:

Work has SA blocked so I'm phoneposting during the day, which doesn't lend itself to multi-page analysis. I'll make up for it at night and If I'm still around on Sat I'll be posting a fair bit more.

This is also a good reason to delay votes, so we can hear from peeps like this.

Anidav posted:

Heed my warning fellow towns, look how easy this will come true.

<:mad:> The key part of that post is "if nothing better".

Splode posted:

4) 4 days with no productivity is a myth you made up. MAYBE there will be a snowball against HK tomorrow, but I doubt it. Nobody is going to snowball IST though, as why would we? He's bullying you but he's also playing normally, he's not a candidate for turbo lynching regardless of alignment.

Actually the 4 days thing was me, saying anidav -> harold -> whoever was bad, but toml pointed out that there is stuff from night kills to consider so not a total waste.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

To get the post count: in either your list of threads in your user control panel or the list of threads in The Game Room, click the number in RE column, the column that shows the number of replies to a thread.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

click on the number circled in red

also :lol: i just noticed the thread tag

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

http://forums.somethingawful.com/misc.php?action=whoposted&threadid=3695636

link for the lazy

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

It's not a myth, it's literally going to happen. How can I have a conversation that isn't about me when the whole day would be about me even if I didn't post? I was dead before the game even started and you are saying self-defence is scummy?

I signed up, I wanted to play. I knew day one would be hard for me. On the flip side, it's pretty easy for you isn't it? All you have to do is carry over some loving dumb internet grudge and fart.

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I truly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of making their dreams come true.

:unsmigghh:

Tommofork posted:

Wow. To complain about something so trivial as that. You really don't have anything better to do with your life do you?

Nice job freaking out, you dolt. :thumbsup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ironic Sex Tourist
Jan 18, 2015

by XyloJW
Anidav what the gently caress how do you know so much about boot order for the next for days mate

Tell me that, and I might consider unvoting you

Coz now you're looking not only annoying but also very very scummy

• Locked thread