Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I been watching IAteYourPie play Runescape every night for about 2 weeks now. What's your stream you watch that you wouldn't ever think you'd find yourself watching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The other night he completed a quest and made his toon dance to "Another one bites the dust" and he was dancing on top of a grave of a character that died in the quest.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
big jon the speed runner

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
A couple years ago I found out that watching myself play games was pretty great, so I've been doing that.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

5hizzle's DayZ/Arma III/whatever survivor horror game is being played. Helps me fall asleep. Honorable mention to XeroKynos who does 100 percent runs of ff7/ff8 that takes him into double digit hours when running these games.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Puwexil is a homey.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I don't really watch streams. It makes Zeldathon all the more awesome.

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009

Wormskull posted:

The other night he completed a quest and made his toon dance to "Another one bites the dust" and he was dancing on top of a grave of a character that died in the quest.

that sounds dope

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Kylra posted:

A couple years ago I found out that watching myself play games was pretty great, so I've been doing that.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

the ones where Lowtax and a horde of goons pressure someone into building a goku

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

I wonder how you spell Tabasco.
I'm not a regular twitch watcher, but I'm a sucker for the big event ones like The International or a charity marathon or something like that.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Kylra posted:

When you aren't buffering every 10 seconds.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Slur posted:

When you aren't buffering every 10 seconds.
I'm still not sure entirely sure what the deal was because that hasn't been a problem before.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Sorry OP - I'm a gamer, not a watcher.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i like noxious hearthstone streams because he seems to be more interested in having fun and doing weird things than being mlg pro gamerman

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Ah, a casual.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Pewdiepie posted:

Ah, a casual.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELwtmZ0y0PI&t=7s

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I like to watch Cobaltstreak play Isaac sometimes. He's pretty chill and is really loving good at the game.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

No its cool. You're just not into the gamer lifestyle. You like playing JRPG on console, which is suited best to casuals. That's good for you.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
I watched a little of DiplexHeated get drunk, lose at single player Mount & Blade, and pass out in his chair last weekend.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Pewdiepie posted:

No its cool. You're just not into the gamer lifestyle. You like playing JRPG on console, which is suited best to casuals. That's good for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqxHxsvtcl8

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
I tried watching game grump's let's play for sonic '06 because I love the jontron's AVGN-like videos and I end up watching like 60 episodes of that and was mildly entertained. It's kind of ok to shut your brain down and maybe leave it in the background while you clean the dishes or something but I really doubt I will ever watch people playing games again.
The exception to that is that I'm really into playing street fighter online so I watched some streams of pro-gamers playing it, to a total of 1 hour or something, but I'm probably doing that again maybe.
I really don't get what's the appeal of this kind of thing for it to become so loving big.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Pewdiepie posted:

Ah, a casual.

i am a casual

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

We can always learn how to be a better gamer through others.

I would love for the Let's Stream thread to start streaming interesting games again and stop having "chill streams" where the streamers are boring and monotone

Slur fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Jan 21, 2015

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I don't have much time during the week to get deep into gaming, so I like to watch. Hell sometimes I watch while playing a low concentration game.

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008
I occasionally tune into fathersongaming to see them play Advance Warfare

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

i am a casual

greetings

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!
I watch a few of the vinesauce guys sometimes. They're good for background noise when you just wanna veg out and play binding of isaac or whatever. Also good viewing when they do game corruptions or old obscure things.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Wormskull posted:

lol

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
I used to love watching deafproplayergamers but he recently got banned from twitch for restreaming football games.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
lobosjr

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i've been watching cybershell's sonic adventure streams lately. i also like to watch kfj's kingdom hearts and final fantasy streams

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.
I like to watch saltybet sometimes because I am a tasteless fool

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW
Once in a blue moon I watch Vinesauce if Joel or Vinny is on.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Twitch is bad and I don't understand why people still use it.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Slur posted:

Twitch is bad and I don't understand why people still use it.

It's worth it for Zeldathon alone.

El Wombato
Mar 19, 2008

Mexican Marsupial
same reason people use facebook, critical mass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The one with the girl with huge tits who sometimes plays a video game

• Locked thread