Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Can a boat convoy a boat? Let's convoy Hal to NAO and let him ride out the rest of his days in peace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Order Results:

Austria
F ion -> tun (Bounced with naf)
A tri Supports A tyr -> vie

England
F bar Supports A stp
A edi -> nwy (Failed) (Convoy path taken: edi→nwg→nwy)
A nwy -> fin (Bounced with bot)
F nwg Convoys A edi -> nwy
A stp Holds

France
A bur -> sav (Bounced with mil)
F lyo Supports A sav -> rom (Support cut)
A mar Supports A bur -> sav
F mao -> wes
A naf -> tun (Bounced with ion)
A sav -> rom (Bounced with rom)

Germany
F bal Supports F swe -> bot
A ber -> pru
A kie -> mun (Failed)
A mun -> boh (Bounced with vie)
A sil Supports A ber -> pru
F swe -> bot

Italy
A mil -> sav (Bounced with bur)
F rom Supports A mil -> sav
A tyr -> vie
F tys -> lyo (Bounced with lyo)

Russia
A bud -> gal
F bot -> fin (Bounced with nwy) (Dislodged from swe)
A lvn -> war
A mos -> stp (Bounced with stp)
F rum Holds
A vie -> boh (Bounced with mun) (Dislodged from tyr)

Turkey
F aeg Holds
A alb Supports A gre -> ser
A bul -> gre
F con -> bul/sc
A gre -> ser

Both Russia dislodged unit have one valid retreat location, so:

Fall 1903 deadline: Tuesday, January 20th, 10 PM eastern

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
There's something immensely gratifying about seeing more of your color on the map.

Gonna enjoy that while it lasts.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

France, perpetual king of the oceans (until somebody builds an undersea supply center and gives reason to color them something other than light blue)

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

oldskool posted:

France, perpetual king of the oceans (until somebody builds an undersea supply center and gives reason to color them something other than light blue)

Vive l'Aquaman! Roi de mers!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

oldskool posted:

I remember once seeing a Diplomacy variant that had the sea waters rise each turn, and whoever had control of the final extant supply center won the game.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

EccoRaven posted:

I remember once seeing a Diplomacy variant that had the sea waters rise each turn, and whoever had control of the final extant supply center won the game.

Sucks to be England.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

EccoRaven posted:

The Variant Bank is busted, but you can still navigate using the Wayback machine. The name of the variant is Deluge

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Triskelli posted:

The name of the variant is Deluge

Thanks! I googled it and found this:

http://www.maproom.co.uk/maps/deluge/deluge.html

I haven't cross-referenced the map with your link to see if it's accurate but it looks certainly like a very interesting setup regardless.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

EccoRaven posted:

Thanks! I googled it and found this:

http://www.maproom.co.uk/maps/deluge/deluge.html

I haven't cross-referenced the map with your link to see if it's accurate but it looks certainly like a very interesting setup regardless.

Considering the page you posted links back to the Variant Bank, I'm inclined to think they match up.

I think I'm more interested in the Sahara variant though
e:That, or Seismic Diplomacy

Triskelli fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Jan 20, 2015

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I'm thinking about hosting a game of Diplomacy this weekend. Anything I need to know about running it irl? I plan on fixing Milan on the board and having that software JJ linked earlier handy.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Somberbrero posted:

I'm thinking about hosting a game of Diplomacy this weekend. Anything I need to know about running it irl? I plan on fixing Milan on the board and having that software JJ linked earlier handy.

Have lots of snacks and booze. Diplomacy takes a couple of hours, so you'll have to keep interest up. Hopefully by the time the knives come out your buddies will be tipsy enough to take the betrayals in stride.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Three point five hours~

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I will submit orders for any missing parties if you like PIn~

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

Invite six people such that the entirety of the group don't mind never speaking to one another again.

e: that Seismic Diplomacy looks awesome. And insane. Might have to run one.

StupidSexyMothman fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Jan 21, 2015

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

oldskool posted:

Invite six people such that the entirety of the group don't mind never speaking to one another again.

My girlfriend and next door neighbors are invited :(

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
My orders might be late

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

what!!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
But bowmore I gave you orders :colbert:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
No you didn't

Yeah I'm in bush again

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

oldskool posted:

e: that Seismic Diplomacy looks awesome. And insane. Might have to run one.

Dibs.

e: Full rules here, and here's an example of the game being played on playdiplomacy.com

Triskelli fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Jan 21, 2015

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

[TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES - PLEASE STAND BY]

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

There's a bug in the variant file I'm using where Prussia isn't considered adjacent to Warsaw and Silesia. Until I figure out how to fix it, I'll just have to manually resolve orders around that area.
That means the map for the orders around that area will not necessarily be correct, refer to the order list. I'll bold orders that differ from the map.

Results for Fall, 1903 (Movement)

Austria
F ion -> nap
A tri -> bud

England
F bar Supports A nwy -> stp
A edi -> nwy Convoy path taken: edi→nwg→nwy.
A nwy -> stp
F nwg Convoys A edi -> nwy
A stp -> lvn

France
A bur Supports A sav
F lyo -> tys (Bounced with tys)
A mar -> spa
A naf Supports F wes -> tun
A sav Holds
F wes -> tun

Germany
F bal Supports A stp -> lvn
F bot Supports A stp -> lvn
A kie -> berG
A mun -> boh
A pru -> war (Bounced with war)
A sil Supports A pru -> war

Italy
A mil Supports F rom
F rom Holds
F tys Supports F ion -> tun (Failed, no such move)
A vie Supports A tri H (Failed, no such move) (Dislodged)

Russia
The Fleet in Livonia cannot retreat; unit destroyed.
A bud -> vie
A gal Supports A bud -> vieRussia:
F lvn Holds (Dislodged)
A mos Supports A war
F rum -> bla
A war Holds

Turkey
F aeg -> ion
A alb -> tri
F bul/sc Holds
A gre -> alb
A ser Supports A alb -> tri

The dislodged army in Vienna has one valid retreat, so:

Turkey: 2 builds
France: 1 build
Italy: 2 disbands

Get your builds/disbands in ASAP!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Stop moving Hal!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

Stop moving Hal!

I'm sorry I didn't sit still so you could destroy me!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Hal Incandenza posted:

I'm sorry I didn't sit still so you could destroy me!

I was trying to liberate you. What a wacky misunderstanding!

For real though, I'm good now that I have a path out of the Balkans.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Somberbrero posted:

For real though, I'm good now that I have a path out of the Balkans.
Sounds like something every Ottoman ruler attempted to convince himself of for quite a long period of time.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Am I correct in saying that England, Germany, and France could claim a three-way victory right now?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

No. The game ends if one player controls 18 supply centres, or if all living players agree to draw. All players share the draw equally.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Dr. Oszkár Bárány

As the autumn leaves change to red, they match the blood spilled earlier this year in Bohemia. The Russians, as I suspected, continued their rampage northward, attempting to annex the whole of the Empire. They made it as far as Plzeň before meeting the German Liberation Army. From the news reports, it seemed like an awful affair - the two armies dug in trenches and fought for weeks, firing mortars and bullets hoping the other would bleed to death. Eventually the Russians withdrew to Ausztria, where they met the Italians, who continued to push those Eastern devils back to Slovakia and old Galícia.
Many of the German wounded from the Battle were sent to hospitals here in Prága, but a few of the Jewish wounded are here in the Synagogue. Their moaning keeps us up at night, but I'm not sure if their silence would be better. The German Liberation Army has also deployed a detachment to the city, to "preserve order" as the front lines advance. All travel in and out has been outlawed. The Germans say they ill send us all food and supplies, soon, but what good is soon when we are already running low on bread and water? When my children go hungry every night? When we are so helpless?
Even now I can see the glimmer of fires in the soldiers' camp at Vyšehrad, and sometimes I can even hear their laughter echoing down the hill. I hope they have a good winter, for this might be the last one any of us sees.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I am willing to accept a draw right now!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Pinterest Mom posted:

No. The game ends if one player controls 18 supply centres, or if all living players agree to draw. All players share the draw equally.

Oh okay. That makes more sense.

Hal Incandenza posted:

I am willing to accept a draw right now!

That's very generous of you. It would be churlish not to accept your offer. Let this mark the beginning of an year or two era of peace between us.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Pinterest Mom posted:

Rules are dumb, I say France/Germany/UK can declare victory whenever they want. Down with the ruling class!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
They're going to be declaring victory over the next couple turns if that makes you feel any better.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

No good deed :mrwhite:

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Somberbrero posted:

Am I correct in saying that England, Germany, and France could claim a three-way victory right now?

I mean, if they wanted to sit on their hands a couple turns, they've nearly established a stalemate line and could wait out any conflict in the east and draw with the survivor. The question becomes if every party involved is willing to wait that long.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I will accept a draw with Hal.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Winter 1903

France
Build F Mar

Italy
Disband F Tys
Disband A Tyr

Turkey
Build F Smy
Build A Con

Let's try a deadline of Saturday, January 24nd, 10 AM eastern. Remember that you can get your orders in before then~ :sun:

Pinterest Mom fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Jan 22, 2015

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Saturday != 21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

yeah whatever

• Locked thread