Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
I started up a mission with a few pubbies yesterday and when everyone got into their cars to drive to the mission, they started smashing into each other like you'd expect pubbies to do in a race. I just immediately left the session. Playing with pubbies is a bad idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

This game is so pretty :allears:

RVT
Nov 5, 2003
Green Man Gaming has the PC pre-order for 23% off right now, but you don't get a Steam key.

Any reason to pay extra for a Steam key? I'd rather have it through Steam, but I assume Steam just launches Rockstar's stupid Social Club thing anyway.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Nice, uh, plate homie

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Rockstar.. uhm... I don't think tennis works that way.
And on that note I know RPG's aren't all that accurate but 130 degree angle misfires are a bit excessive.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
just had an odd occurance, mic chat up the wazoo for a 10 person lobby, and no one wanted the special crate, with it being a topic of discussion and how rare they are.

pubbies are magical.

edit, also nabbed a chrome dubsta, and a second to sell. Couldn't manage a third for when my 45-48th minute was up. I saved one so, I can obviously seed more, but now I want one of the sangkings or grangers(?)

Scyron fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Jan 21, 2015

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

omg chael crash posted:

Nice, uh, plate homie

You barely ever see people with custom plates on their vehicles and I wonder if it's because R* pretty much forgot about the ifruit app right after launch.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I think they only bothered with it again when you could push through mods vehicles weren't meant to have.
I have a lime green Weazel News van from that and I think my insured BMX has bulletproof tires.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Bobtista posted:

You barely ever see people with custom plates on their vehicles and I wonder if it's because R* pretty much forgot about the ifruit app right after launch.

I had custom plates but at some point just before the current gen versions launched my custom plate became a random collection of letters and numbers. I can still assign it, and it always assigns the same random set, but it's not the plate shown in iFruit. So, pretty much useless for me.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Bobtista posted:

MOISTEN

(post yer plate)

E: Best plate belongs to Cute as heck but I'll let him tell you

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

titties posted:

MOISTEN

(post yer plate)

E: Best plate belongs to Cute as heck but I'll let him tell you

Yeah, Cute As Heck wins the best custom plate in my mind.

My plate before it hosed up was 88MAGNUM.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Back when that still worked you could use the iFruit app injection methods to change your plate to almost anything and it stuck until you'd push another order through with the app (why would anyone do this though, the app sucks really bad).

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Best one I have from my WEZL days. Can't wait for this on PC.

These were all taken during my news report on a mysterious, masked killer on the USLA campus. I don't think they ever caught him.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Just got back into this recently, what's the best way to level up by yourself or with a crew?

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

commy gun posted:

Just got back into this recently, what's the best way to level up by yourself or with a crew?

You get an experience bonus for doing missions or jobs with crew members.

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

I'm a 12 year old irl:

SisterFister
Oct 31, 2005

I'm sure you and your 37 dollars will prove to be quite the legal sensation
Mine is still greatest. I need to get an updated PS4 pic with new makeup and Slavic crouch

Only registered members can see post attachments!

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

SisterFister posted:

Mine is still greatest. I need to get an updated PS4 pic with new makeup and Slavic crouch

THat it is. I still like mine tho

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Bringing back the classic:

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
This one is mine.

This plate belongs to a family member.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
You can have different plates on different cars? After I made a custom one in the app it wouldn't let me type in the license plate ever again.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I'm an unoriginal clod and made mine my character's name, before realizing that it's virtually impossible to see another character's name in the game.

Seriously why do we even name these idiots if no one can see it.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Slim Killington posted:

You can have different plates on different cars? After I made a custom one in the app it wouldn't let me type in the license plate ever again.

Nope! :rockstar:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Mines just my PSN name since its 8 characters long.

I did somehow manage to get separate private plates for singleplayer though, so Michael Franklin and Trevor all have my wife's name as their numberplate because I was dicking around with the app and cant figure out how to do it again.

crazysim
May 23, 2004
I AM SOOOOO GAY

Aardmania posted:

This one is mine.

This plate belongs to a family member.

A55RGY? That's mine! I am actually not sure what's happening here.

edit:

I actually have ASSRGY.

crazysim fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Jan 21, 2015

Bear in the Woods
Jun 1, 2013
I was surprised I was able to get CHOOCHOO early on. It works really well with the Sandking or the Dubsta 6x6.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

i put in for DIKBUT 6 months ago and i guess it's taken but it didnt say it was taken, it just led me to believe it would one day say DIKBUT

EL Bombastico
Oct 13, 2004

* power up
Had B000URNS on the 360 days. I really need to transfer it to the cars my xbone character.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:
I have still not received my custom plates after making many many attempts.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Mine are simply WEEBAIRN.

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.
I think mine says COKNOCKR because they were funny about rude words.

HP Artsandcrafts
Oct 3, 2012

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad posted:

I think mine says COKNOCKR because they were funny about rude words.

If you create a job in Grapeseed you can't actually use Grapeseed in the title.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
So my game's been having issues putting me into a session, and when it finally works...

Clearly someone and I are doing some space-saving together. I can get into all of them too, and a lot of them are moving around on their own. The Sandking in that last picture is like, riding the Vacca through the garage.

edit: oh poo poo no it isn't, the other player is in here and I just can't see him. The car doors are opening and closing and the cars are driving around empty.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Stupid question, the answer to which I must have missed: how are people getting their personal vehicles parked near the beginning of a contact mission? My motorcycle is never around >:~(

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

Stupid question, the answer to which I must have missed: how are people getting their personal vehicles parked near the beginning of a contact mission? My motorcycle is never around >:~(

I'm not sure, really. If you have your car/bike in free roam it will usually spawn at the mission start with you. Are you sure its not impounded or destroyed?

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Mine are HAILS8N.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

poopzilla posted:

I'm not sure, really. If you have your car/bike in free roam it will usually spawn at the mission start with you. Are you sure its not impounded or destroyed?

Oh I steal stuff and ride it around in free-roam, that's probably it.

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

Oh I steal stuff and ride it around in free-roam, that's probably it.

oh yea, that'd be it. you gotta 'own' it, have it stored in a garage with a tracker/insurance

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle
All this stupid license plate talk made me finally decide I should try and make mine work. It was still the same one from PS3, so I put a ticket in to reset it, went and tried it once more, and voila it works! I'm pleased.. especially since I can't change my PSN name now.. dicks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SisterFister
Oct 31, 2005

I'm sure you and your 37 dollars will prove to be quite the legal sensation

Nintendo Kid posted:

Mine are HAILS8N.

OK I would actually trade with you

• Locked thread