Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Libertine posted:

CJ Entus picked up Beats by Dre as an official sponsor:
https://www.facebook.com/entus.progaming/posts/696657667098823

I wonder how the hell that came together. Pretty cool to see a big electronic brand that's not solely gaming related or Korean industrial in the esports realm.

I listened to their $269 variety headphones today and thought they sounded about as good as a $100 pair of senns or ATs. At least they're using the crazy amount of money they are making on something I find interesting, though.

e: oh god now I will have to associate Madlife with dr dre

Setset fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Jan 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Oh word? Thanks. I was looking for some headphone info.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
Beats are really lovely for their price and you're better off getting literally anything else (other than bose which is also majorly overpriced).

It's good for league though since those are super trendy.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Ninkobei posted:

I listened to their $269 variety headphones today and thought they sounded about as good as a $100 pair of senns or ATs. At least they're using the crazy amount of money they are making on something I find interesting, though.

e: oh god now I will have to associate Madlife with dr dre
You're paying for the brand not the quality. I saw them wearing the Beats last week and only noticed because I have the same headsets they use

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Sexpansion posted:

So the wuss league consists of:

1. Me
2. TWSS
3. Jonny Angel
4. Libertine
5. Invalid_Validation
6. Manic_Misanthrope
7. Zerilan
8. Monathin

Tomorrow night doesn't work for TWSS, so can we all do Tuesday? I can do pretty much anytime during the day or after about 8pm that day. It's not the end of the world if you don't get to draft, as Riot's auto-drafter is pretty decent, but I'd like for everyone to get a chance.

Does 6:30 EST work for everyone tonight? This might be a workable time (I realize this is late notice).

If we can't get a time together let's play on doing the draft the night before the LCS starts at 7 EST. That would be tomorrow, 1/21, 7 EST.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
I will accept my autodraft fate.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Is it happening tonight or tomorrow? Tonight I'm sitting here refreshing wondering what the hell is going on. Tomorrow I've got plans so I would be pretty much hosed for the draft.

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

We've come up in the ram-raiding business, Owl.
It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.
LCK Week 3: KT vs CJ.

Game 1, both Gnar and Rek'sai went unbanned. Let's see if someone can unleash the full power of patch 4.21 Rek'sai.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Man, CJ really seems to have dropped the ball on the pick/ban phase this game.

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.

Aumanor posted:

Man, CJ really seems to have dropped the ball on the pick/ban phase this game.

Yeah I'm not a huge fan of their lineup. Really gotta control vision and get some amazing flanks.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
:ughh:

How can KT possibly be this loving dumb

HOW

You do not loving trade fifth dragon for baron. You do NOT loving TRADE IT. You go and contest and expend everything you have to get it because it loving ends the game. ARGH!

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
. . .
...Wow.
So... Is KT the Korean Dignitas?

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."

Aumanor posted:

. . .
...Wow.
So... Is KT the Korean Dignitas?

Nah. This is more like Velocity tier shotcalling.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
The game of throws.

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.
Wow, did not expect that ending.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

This has to be the first game I've ever seen where a team immaculately holds dragon control and first mid tower for thirty minutes and still doesn't deserve to win. Relegate both teams, jesus christ.

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.

Transient People posted:

This has to be the first game I've ever seen where a team immaculately holds dragon control and first mid tower for thirty minutes and still doesn't deserve to win. Relegate both teams, jesus christ.

I honestly do not know what CJ was thinking with their pick/ban phase. I thought having coaches in the booths was to prevent stupid poo poo like that!

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

anti-magic posted:

I honestly do not know what CJ was thinking with their pick/ban phase. I thought having coaches in the booths was to prevent stupid poo poo like that!

Yeah, that whole draft was just baffling. Really with CJ first letting Rek'sai slip and then letting KT pick Gnar into Azir on the same team and Jarvan on either team, the only surprise is that this game was as close as it was.

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.
Game 2 was absolutely brutal. Impressive stomp.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

anti-magic posted:

Game 2 was absolutely brutal. Impressive stomp.

Gotta say, I wasn't convinced on Cj's comp, Tristana really didn't look like she fit there what with three midgame champs, but holy poo poo she hit full hypercary mode before the enemy team came out of their early.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Much better. This is the sort of game I was thinking we'd have. Dumbest team in the league gets absolutely massacred by the veterans who finally got good.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Season 5: The return of CJ, Gambit and CLG.

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.

Aumanor posted:

Gotta say, I wasn't convinced on Cj's comp, Tristana really didn't look like she fit there what with three midgame champs, but holy poo poo she hit full hypercary mode before the enemy team came out of their early.

I really expected a Sivir pick but CJ played off that first blood so well.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
I'm looking forward to some Jayce nerf because that poke is nearing old nidalee levels of infuriating.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Aumanor posted:

I'm looking forward to some Jayce nerf because that poke is nearing old nidalee levels of infuriating.

Leblanc first. Jayce at least falls off hard if you draft a supertank. Leblanc just deletes people even seventy minutes in.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
I really don't agree on CoCo's MVP for game two. Third one, sure, those snipes were absolutely devastating, but game two was all Space.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

CODChimera posted:

CJ, CLG, GMB and WE season 5 Worlds semifinalists.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Savage Cracker posted:

CJ, CLG, GMB and WE season 5 Worlds semifinalists.

lets be honest, its the worlds weve always wanted

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Well, scheduling for the wuss fantasy league is not going well, sorry everyone! I'm just going to run the draft in the afternoon today (2 pm EST) as it seems like that's a time that at least some of us will be able to make. Sorry for all the confusion!

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer

CODChimera posted:

What is CLG returning to? When were they ever relevant outside of S1? Or was that the joke?

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Freaksaus posted:

What is CLG returning to? When were they ever relevant outside of S1? Or was that the joke?

Never forget WCG 2010 !

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!
S5 worlds to be held in Europe (as I think we all expected), multiple cities: http://na.lolesports.com/articles/worlds-2015-be-held-europe

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Allyn posted:

S5 worlds to be held in Europe (as I think we all expected), multiple cities: http://na.lolesports.com/articles/worlds-2015-be-held-europe

I expected it to be in China, actually, so that's surprising.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

AdjectiveNoun posted:

I expected it to be in China, actually, so that's surprising.

Yeah I was expecting China as well and then Europe next year.

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!
Oh yeah I forgot China hasn't actually hosted it :shobon: but then again S1 world champs weren't exactly a proper event, so I can see them not counting that when choosing regions

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Sexpansion posted:

Well, scheduling for the wuss fantasy league is not going well, sorry everyone! I'm just going to run the draft in the afternoon today (2 pm EST) as it seems like that's a time that at least some of us will be able to make. Sorry for all the confusion!

I won't be able to check the site till much later on tonight. Could you let me know who I get? I'm the TIGER MILLIONAIRES

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Jonny Angel posted:

I won't be able to check the site till much later on tonight. Could you let me know who I get? I'm the TIGER MILLIONAIRES

Can do.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Allyn posted:

yessss

hope we get some games in london

TWSS
Jun 19, 2008

Sexpansion posted:

Well I had planned for 730 tonight, but since you can't draft from mobile i guess I'll have an auto drafted group of scrubs. Come ooooon piglet!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Should be over, yeah? How'd I do?

• Locked thread