Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

JumbocactuarX27 posted:

I got two of those NA Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate demo codes if anyone wants them:

A070LNFD33VAK595

I claimed this one. Thanks a bunch I've been curious about this series for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I love terrible puns, so maybe I'm not the best judge of Citizens of Earths writing. :v:

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I do too, the delivery is just bad and every character seems to be a one note joke.

LIMBO KING
May 3, 2006

Another Monster Hunter:

A0713SWT1XM2JHQH

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer
enjoy monster hunter

A06WVQFM0GM2E312
A071BNM62B17TGTA
A071424S2DMN60A0

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
After playing some more, I will admit the voice acting makes everything quite a bit more grating. I don't think the VA work was all in yet when I beta tested.

Fight! For your kite!
Jul 29, 2008

Medium Cool posted:

enjoy monster hunter

A071BNM62B17TGTA

Took this one.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

After playing some more, I will admit the voice acting makes everything quite a bit more grating. I don't think the VA work was all in yet when I beta tested.

Yeah, I muted the volume very, very quickly.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Medium Cool posted:

enjoy monster hunter

A06WVQFM0GM2E312
A071BNM62B17TGTA
A071424S2DMN60A0

All three are taken

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
So I've been meaning to pick up ZombiU for awhile and I'm also trying to figure out the best way to hit Platinum this year, and I noticed that on the eligible items page it only lists the download version, which is like $30 compared to Amazon's price for a physical copy, which is about half that. This actually seems to be the case for a lot of games, but is the eligibility page just incomplete or do the physical copies of all these Wii U games really not come with codes? I can understand different versions being different coin values or whatever, but I thought every Wii U game had a code in it. Well, until yesterday or whatever but yeah.

Edit: Asking this in the eShop thread because it's vaguely related to the eShop I guess.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Paper Triangle posted:

So I've been meaning to pick up ZombiU for awhile and I'm also trying to figure out the best way to hit Platinum this year, and I noticed that on the eligible items page it only lists the download version, which is like $30 compared to Amazon's price for a physical copy, which is about half that. This actually seems to be the case for a lot of games, but is the eligibility page just incomplete or do the physical copies of all these Wii U games really not come with codes? I can understand different versions being different coin values or whatever, but I thought every Wii U game had a code in it. Well, until yesterday or whatever but yeah.

Edit: Asking this in the eShop thread because it's vaguely related to the eShop I guess.

ZombiU is a third party game. Third party games generally do not have Club Nintendo codes.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Paper Triangle posted:

I literally just opened up my new copy about a half hour ago, and there was no code. Ironically, Lego City: Undercover did come with one.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Is hitting platinum going to give you some bonus reward next month or do we not know yet? I'm already plat but I was saving some codes for the next cycle. I guess I'll add them now and hope I have enough coins for cool junk.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
I'd assume platinum status will just give more rewards in April like it always has before.

All we know right now is that more things will be offered for points starting February. Guess I should start using those codes I had been saving after I hit platinum and hope they give us cool loot.

tecnocrat
Oct 5, 2003
Struggling to keep his sanity.

I'm just sad I missed the boat on this. I just got my 3DS, and started getting points. Maybe I'll be able to get enough together to get something before it goes away, but not likely. Doesn't help that I got the 3DS used, so no points for the system itself.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Stan Taylor posted:

Is hitting platinum going to give you some bonus reward next month or do we not know yet? I'm already plat but I was saving some codes for the next cycle. I guess I'll add them now and hope I have enough coins for cool junk.

From the club.nintendo site:

2015 Elite Status

In order to reach Elite Status, you must earn 300 Coins (for Gold Status) or 600 Coins (for Platinum Status) between July 1, 2014 and March 31, 2015. Members who reach Elite Status will be able to choose a downloadable game from a wide selection of Nintendo 3DS and Wii U titles. Your free Elite Status gift will be available between April 1 and April 30, 2015. A list of the Elite Status 2015 gifts will be posted here once announced.

So it will definitely just be a downloadable title. Some of the games last year were pretty good, I'm hoping they go even bigger for the last club nintendo rewards.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Fritzler posted:

2015 Elite Status

In order to reach Elite Status, you must earn 300 Coins (for Gold Status) or 600 Coins (for Platinum Status) between July 1, 2014 and March 31, 2015. Members who reach Elite Status will be able to choose a downloadable game from a wide selection of Nintendo 3DS and Wii U titles. Your free Elite Status gift will be available between April 1 and April 30, 2015. A list of the Elite Status 2015 gifts will be posted here once announced.

So it will definitely just be a downloadable title. Some of the games last year were pretty good, I'm hoping they go even bigger for the last club nintendo rewards.

Pick 2! Wrecking Crew (3DS), Wrecking Crew (Wii U), Wrecking Crew (Wii)

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Wrecking Crew is cool :)

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Fritzler posted:

2015 Elite Status

I've easily enough coins for platinum in this final year, so I really hope that they offer Earthbound again like they did last year.

Just curious... has anyone done a Wii to Wii U transfer? I picked up a GameCube on the cheap over Christmas and I've had a Wii U since June '14, so I'm about ready to retire my Wii. It sounds simple, but I"d still like to hear from someone who has done it. Both my Wii and Wii U are go on my wireless network, so I think that I am in good shape.

All I have data-wise on my Wii are some saved games and Mega Man 9 & 10 with their DLC, so I fancy that I wouldn't need much space for data transfer but I could be surprised. For anyone who has done this, how much space did you need? I hate to sound cheap, but I'm really hurting for money right now and I don't want to have to buy an SD card (yes, I know that they are about $6) for just this one thing, so I was planning to pinch the one from my GPS which has about 600 meg of space on it. Would that work/be enough? I'd just like to put my Wii in mothballs, perhaps sell it, and use my GameCube for its own games and my Wii U for everything else.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

When you do a Wii -> Wii U system transfer, your Wii U will just redownload the software you own; you don't need to bring that software over on an SD card. The only stuff that needs to fit onto your SD card is your save data and some info for the transfer, which all takes up very little space and should fit on whatever size card you already have.

Unless you don't have a card at all, in which case I think you won't be able to run the process.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

JustJeff88 posted:

I've easily enough coins for platinum in this final year, so I really hope that they offer Earthbound again like they did last year.

Just curious... has anyone done a Wii to Wii U transfer? I picked up a GameCube on the cheap over Christmas and I've had a Wii U since June '14, so I'm about ready to retire my Wii. It sounds simple, but I"d still like to hear from someone who has done it. Both my Wii and Wii U are go on my wireless network, so I think that I am in good shape.

All I have data-wise on my Wii are some saved games and Mega Man 9 & 10 with their DLC, so I fancy that I wouldn't need much space for data transfer but I could be surprised. For anyone who has done this, how much space did you need? I hate to sound cheap, but I'm really hurting for money right now and I don't want to have to buy an SD card (yes, I know that they are about $6) for just this one thing, so I was planning to pinch the one from my GPS which has about 600 meg of space on it. Would that work/be enough? I'd just like to put my Wii in mothballs, perhaps sell it, and use my GameCube for its own games and my Wii U for everything else.

It's pretty painless, if a little slow. If you're not already using an SD card, I'm not sure you'll need one, even.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Club Nintendo's website is already falling apart, I went there just now to do some post-play surveys, and it gave me one for Costume Quest 2...which I never bought. :v: I thought that was weird so I clicked on it and it took me to the Darksiders II post-play survey, which I DID buy.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
After registering my last couple games, I have almost 1000 coins for Club Nintendo. Here's hoping there's a bunch of good stuff next month.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of January 22):

quote:

WII U eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Citizens of Earth - €9.59 / £7.99 until January 29, €7.19 / £5.99 cross-buy price until January 29, standard price €11.99 / £9.99
WII CLASSICS FOR WII U
    Donkey Kong Country Returns - €9.99 / £7.99 until January 29, standard price €19.99 / £17.99
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    DK: King of Swing (GBA) - €6.99 / £6.29
    Donkey Kong Jr. Math (NES, US ver.) - €4.99 / £3.49
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    BIT.TRIP Presents… Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien - €4.79 / £3.99 for owners of Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition, Chasing Aurora, SteamWorld Dig, Teslagrad or Swords & Soldiers, ends January 29
    Chasing Aurora - €2.79 / £2.39 for owners of Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition, BIT.TRIP Presents… Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien, SteamWorld Dig, Teslagrad or Swords & Soldiers, ends January 29
    Guacamelee: Super Turbo Championship Edition - €5.59 / £4.79 for owners of BIT.TRIP Presents… Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien, Chasing Aurora, SteamWorld Dig, Teslagrad or Swords & Soldiers, ends January 29
    SteamWorld Dig - €3.59 / £2.79 for owners of Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition, Chasing Aurora, BIT.TRIP Presents… Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien, Teslagrad or Swords & Soldiers, ends January 29
    Swords & Soldiers - €1.19 / £1.07 for owners of Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition, Chasing Aurora, SteamWorld Dig, Teslagrad or BIT.TRIP Presents… Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien, ends January 29
    Teslagrad - €5.99 / £5.59 for owners of Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition, Chasing Aurora, SteamWorld Dig, Swords & Soldiers or BIT.TRIP Presents… Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien, ends January 29
    Trine 2: Directors' Cut (Wii U eShop) - €8.49 / £6.99 until January 25
    Super Toy Cars (Wii U eShop) - €3.99 / £3.49 until January 29
    Fit Music for Wii U (Wii U) - €14.90 / £12.40 until January 30
    Luv Me Buddies Wonderland (Wii U) - €14.90 / £12.40 until January 30
    Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon because I DON'T KNOW! (Wii U) - €9.99 / £5.99 until February 5
    Ben 10 Omniverse (Wii U) - €4.99 / £4.99 until February 5
    Family Party: 30 Great Games Obstacle Arcade (Wii U) - €2.99 / £2.99 until February 5
    Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures (Wii U) - €9.99 / £8.99 until February 5
    Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures 2 (Wii U) - €19.90 / £13.99 until February 5
    Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (Wii U) - €9.99 / £6.79 until February 5
    One Piece: Unlimited World Red (Wii U) - €29.99 / £21.99 until February 5
    Unepic (Wii U eShop) - €6.99 / £6.29 until February 5
    99Moves (Wii U eShop) - €1.49 / £1.34 until February 12
    Abyss (Wii U eShop) - €1.49 / £1.34 until February 12
    99Seconds (Wii U eShop) - €1.49 / £1.34 until February 12

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Big Hero 6: Battle in the Bay - €34.99 / £29.99
3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Citizens of Earth - €9.59 / £7.99 until January 29, €7.19 / £5.99 cross-buy price until January 29, standard price €11.99 / £9.99
    Hazumi - €3.99 / £3.20
3DS MENU THEMES
    NES Ice Climbers - €1.99 / £1.79
    NES Kid Icarus - €1.99 / £1.79
    NES Donkey Kong - €1.99 / £1.79
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars (3DS eShop) - €14.99 / £13.49 until January 29
    Shin Megami Tensei 4 (3DS eShop) - €12.99 / £11.69 until January 29
    99Moves (Wii U eShop) - €0.99 / £0.99 until February 4
    Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon because I DON'T KNOW! (3DS) - €9.89 / £6.49 until February 5
    Ben 10 Omniverse 2 (3DS) - €4.99 / £3.69 until February 5
    One Piece: Romance Dawn (3DS) - €19.99 / £18.99 until February 5
    One Piece: Unlimited World Red (3DS) - €24.49 / £17.49 until February 5
    Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures (3DS) - €9.99 / £8.20 until February 5
    Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures 2 (3DS) - €29.99 / £21.49 until February 5
    Project X Zone (3DS - €14.99 / £9.99 until February 5
    Cubit the Hardcore Platformer Robot (3DS eShop) - €1.99 / £1.80 until February 8
    Dress to Play: Cute Witches (3DS eShop) - €1.99 / £1.79 until February 8
    Dress to Play: Magic Bubbles (3DS eShop) - €1.99 / £1.79 until February 8

NA update (week of January 22):

quote:

WII U eSHOP GAMES
    Citizens of Earth - $11.99 until January 27, standard price $14.99
    Rock 'n Racing Off Road - $5.99
    Breezeblox - $9.99
    Midnight - $1.99
WII CLASSICS FOR WII U
    Punch-Out!! - $9.99 until January 29, standard price $19.99
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    S.C.A.T.: Special Cybernetic Attack Team (NES) - $4.99
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    BIT.TRIP Presents… Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien - $5.99 for owners of Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition, Chasing Aurora, SteamWorld Dig, Teslagrad or Swords & Soldiers, ends January 29
    Chasing Aurora - $3.20 for owners of Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition, BIT.TRIP Presents… Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien, SteamWorld Dig, Teslagrad or Swords & Soldiers, ends January 29
    Guacamelee: Super Turbo Championship Edition - $5.99 for owners of BIT.TRIP Presents… Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien, Chasing Aurora, SteamWorld Dig, Teslagrad or Swords & Soldiers, ends January 29
    SteamWorld Dig - $3/99 for owners of Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition, Chasing Aurora, BIT.TRIP Presents… Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien, Teslagrad or Swords & Soldiers, ends January 29
    Swords & Soldiers - $1.19 for owners of Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition, Chasing Aurora, SteamWorld Dig, Teslagrad or BIT.TRIP Presents… Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien, ends January 29
    Teslagrad - $5.99 for owners of Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition, Chasing Aurora, SteamWorld Dig, Swords & Soldiers or BIT.TRIP Presents… Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien, ends January 29
    Trine 2: Directors' Cut (Wii U eShop) - €8.49 / £6.99 until January 25
    UnEpic (Wii U eShop) - $6.99 until January 29
    Super Toy Cars (Wii U eShop) - $3.99 until January 29
    Darts Up (Wii U eShop) - $1.49 until February 19

3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Citizens of Earth - $11.99 until January 27, standard price $14.99
    Undead Storm Nightmare - $4.99
    Undead Storm Nightmare (demo)
3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    S.C.A.T.: Special Cybernetic Attack Team (NES) - $4.99
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Retro City Rampage (3DS eShop) - $6.99 until January 29
    Dress to Play: Cute Witches (3DS eShop) - $1.99 until February 1
    Dress to Play: Magic Bubble (3DS eShop) - $1.99 until February 1
    Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL World Duel Carnival (3DS) - $12.99 from January 24-February 6
CLUB NINTENDO DIGITAL REWARDS
    Donkey Kong '94 (3DS VC) - 150 Coins, available until June 30
    Excitebike (Wii U VC) - 200 Coins, available until June 30
    Super Mario Bros. 2 (Wii U VC) - 200 Coins, available until June 30
    Super Mario Land (3DS VC) - 150 Coins, available until June 30
    Super Metroid (Wii VC) - 250 Coins, available until June 30
    Super Punch-Out!! (Wii VC) - 250 Coins, available until June 30
    The Legend of Zelda (3DS VC) - 200 Coins, available until June 30
    Wario Land II (3DS VC) - 200 Coins, available until June 30

Reminder: both DKC Returns and Punch-Out require a Wiimote, you can't play 'em using the buttons on the gamepad.

NA is getting more "throwback" sales this week but once again, NOA hasn;t bothered to list them and their eShop deals page isn't updated, so check back here later I guess? http://www.nintendo.com/eshop/offers#throwback-sale

S.C.A.T. is not a bad game. DK King of Swing is not a bad game. DK Jr Math is also being released today.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

NA is getting more "throwback" sales this week but once again, NOA hasn;t bothered to list them and their eShop deals page isn't updated, so check back here later I guess? http://www.nintendo.com/eshop/offers#throwback-sale

They haven't updated the page because the deals that started on 1/14 don't end for another 2.5 hours. They end 8:59am PT which is 11:59am EST or 4:59pm GMT.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Yeah I know but it's like 2AM here so they can go gently caress themselves.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Fremry posted:

After registering my last couple games, I have almost 1000 coins for Club Nintendo. Here's hoping there's a bunch of good stuff next month.

I'm with you. I'm up to 1160 and I hosed up and forgot to do surveys on 40 points more, so I may screw myself out of another game because 1200 points is a major cutoff when you're buying things that cost 150, 200 and 250 coins. Sadly, there's no way that I know of to give and receive coins, buy more coins, or do real money/coin transactions so I may well end up with 4 or 5 new digital games and 160 points wasted.

Even though it's about 98% sure I'll get Super Metroid, among other things, I'm going to sit quietly until the last wave of February awards hit in a few weeks and then start spending.

Son of Isaac
Apr 22, 2008
So in NA, it's:

Wii U
  • Punch-Out!!: $9.99
  • NES Remix 2: $10.49

3DS
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds: $29.99
  • The Legend of Zelda (NES): $3.49
  • Kid Icarus: Uprising: $24.49
  • Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters: $1.49

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Everyone should buy Zelda: LBW and Kid Icarus: Uprising.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Everyone should buy Kid Icarus: Uprising.

Fixed for you.

On another note, I forgot how much fun Punch Out Wii was. Why did I ever sell off my physical copy?

FatalT
Sep 11, 2001

I'm BLUE da ba dee da ba di, da ba dee da ba di, da ba dee...

Mr E posted:

Here's a Mon Hun 4 code for someone that wants it:

A071H3MM2F4KYBSL

Thank you Mr E! I claimed this code! I'm surprised no one got it since it's taken this long.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Son of Isaac posted:

So in NA, it's:

Wii U
  • Punch-Out!!: $9.99
  • NES Remix 2: $10.49

3DS
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds: $29.99
  • The Legend of Zelda (NES): $3.49
  • Kid Icarus: Uprising: $24.49
  • Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters: $1.49

At first I was a little disappointed with this sale, but it's because I have everything worth getting on that list.

That's a decent discount on Remix 2, Link Between Worlds and Kid Icarus: Uprising.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Slur posted:

Fixed for you.

He was right the first time: Link Between Worlds is fantastic. :v:

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
If I liked Persona 4 Golden, I'm going to get £11.69s worth of entertainment out of SMT IV aren't I?

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Pork Pie Hat posted:

If I liked Persona 4 Golden, I'm going to get £11.69s worth of entertainment out of SMT IV aren't I?

Probably! It's pretty mechanically different, and there's no "life sim" component, so be prepared for that. There is demon fusion and combat that requires you to pay attention to elemental weaknesses and status effects, though, so if you like that part then you're good.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

deadly_pudding posted:

Probably! It's pretty mechanically different, and there's no "life sim" component, so be prepared for that. There is demon fusion and combat that requires you to pay attention to elemental weaknesses and status effects, though, so if you like that part then you're good.

Thanks! For just over a tenner it sounds like it'll be worth it, so I will give it a try.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I don't have a 3DS until the New 3DS comes out and I still bought Link Between Worlds and Kid Icarus Uprising. How dumb am I?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Kirios posted:

I don't have a 3DS until the New 3DS comes out and I still bought Link Between Worlds and Kid Icarus Uprising. How dumb am I?
Super dumb because you just bought the best two games and everything else you play will be garbage in comparison.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Kirios posted:

You forgot Monster Hunter 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Kirios posted:

Not at all. Just future proofing your games collection.