Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
I think the exact reason for the submarine sinking are a little unclear. It was claimed the design was not suitable for Russian production quality and S Directorate was the scapegoat for falling for an American trick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

CeeJee posted:

I think the exact reason for the submarine sinking are a little unclear. It was claimed the design was not suitable for Russian production quality and S Directorate was the scapegoat for falling for an American trick.

Basically this. According to Oleg, the sinking of the sub could have been prevented if the propellers had went through proper testing (three weeks instead of six months I think he puts it?) AND fitted onto the right class of sub AND if the sub captain didn't push them past their allowed limits. If proper procedure was followed then no one would have lost their lives, instead things got rushed and people died. Directorate S get the blame since they're an easy scapegoat.

It's incredibly hosed up.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

Lugaloco posted:

Basically this. According to Oleg, the sinking of the sub could have been prevented if the propellers had went through proper testing (three weeks instead of six months I think he puts it?) AND fitted onto the right class of sub AND if the sub captain didn't push them past their allowed limits. If proper procedure was followed then no one would have lost their lives, instead things got rushed and people died. Directorate S get the blame since they're an easy scapegoat.

It's incredibly hosed up.

And still, because Oleg is such a smooth and crafty operator you're never quite sure it really happened like that.

Basically Oleg is the best and he (and Nina) had better come back this season.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

I have a theory that Oleg is going to try to defect this season

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I enjoyed the Tetris theme being used as a musical motif in several Soviet embassy scenes last season.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Party Plane Jones posted:

I like the Season 2 promo, Bed, a bit more than that one. They did a good job with it. Still Sting though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYWrD-JICoM
The show was built to use that song for a montage at some point, so it's pretty loving sweet. Of course, it post-dates the action by several years so that kinda keeps it locked to the promo.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
I think I'm more stoked about the season covering Brezhnev's death. Andropov really destabilized the party apparatus in the short amount of time he was in charge.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
The Americans Season 3: From Russia With Wigs

?

:shobon:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
What else you got?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I have no idea what the current thread title means, so anything is better.

the Americans S3 - Strategic Wig Initiative

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

FogHelmut posted:

It was a joke made after the first episode of the show, where they used the song Tusk during the opening chase scene.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Gonz posted:

I enjoyed the Tetris theme being used as a musical motif in several Soviet embassy scenes last season.

It's a tune called Korobeiniki

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

FogHelmut posted:

I like this one a lot.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock

FogHelmut posted:

Tusk is a Fleetwood Mac song featured heavily in the first episode of the show.

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy is a famous spy novel by John le Carré.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
The Americans S3: Rise of the Mail Robot

• Locked thread