Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Mithranderp posted:

I think no because it would give me information beyond what my role is supposed to do?

gotcha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

and now I get to go home early on Friday so I can't wait to see everything go loving backwards again during my drive! bb soon

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
One vote to hammer, FYI.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Uh that developed real quick ##unvote

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

i don't think IST is scum. i think black_tangled is. scum has already fake roleclaimed a viable autobot, what's to stop b_t using the same ploy?

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
I would like to at least see IST post a defence before the hammer comes down.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

sudden lot of posting from b_t now that plott is in the corner. suspect plott is a scum power role and b_t is vanilla. sacrifices herself while scum gets another kill or two

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Before the hammer goes down, could I also get the a list of their 3 highest suspects from the following people, who've yet to make multiple accusations:

quote:

Fruity Gordo
GoldStandardConure
Gough Suppressant
Harold Krell
Ironic Sex Tourist
Mithranderp
Plotterboy
Seagull
SKY COQ
Small Keating
Splode
thatbastardken
Tirade
Tommofork
Only bandwagoning on the hot topic is IMO a pretty good scum play, laying out lots of accusations now will serve as important data for the future. People refusing should be automatically suspect.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

bell jar posted:

sudden lot of posting from b_t now that plott is in the corner. suspect plott is a scum power role and b_t is vanilla. sacrifices herself while scum gets another kill or two

Sorry nothing as exciting as that. Finished work early after two days of workshops in Blairgowrie. Weather is good there.

I think flipping Plotter would be interesting for data, as I believe IST was creating a bandwagon for him and I've already noted who was on that particular ride for tomorrow.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
##unvote

my top three are milky, Harold and MAYBE kommando. i think kommando is either a serial killer or a vigilante, I feel like milky posting in character is a way to be sneaky and aloof while participating (and also obviously have fun), and like I said yesterday Harold is either being ordered to behave or he's just checked out

I'm on the fence about lid and am about to go through this loving thread again to check that I'm not being dumb

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
Away from my desk at the moment rudatron, give me 20 minutes and i'll give you a list on who i'm suss on

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
oh forgot about plot too

I'm also gonna revote for scroag bc I'm gonna choose to believe bt for now, because if my suspicions are right about milky then it is completely plausible that the scum threw webby under the bus bc milky did that recently

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

rudatron posted:

Before the hammer goes down, could I also get the a list of their 3 highest suspects from the following people, who've yet to make multiple accusations:

Only bandwagoning on the hot topic is IMO a pretty good scum play, laying out lots of accusations now will serve as important data for the future. People refusing should be automatically suspect.

Lid, IST, and either plot or splode for my third probably.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

rudatron posted:

quote:

Tirade

:ghost:

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
*shakes corpse* TALK DAMMIT

Gough Suppressant posted:

Lid, IST, and either plot or splode for my third probably.
I should have made it clear, you need to explain why.

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I truly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of making their dreams come true.

:unsmigghh:

Fruity Gordo posted:

##unvote

my top three are milky, Harold and MAYBE kommando. i think kommando is either a serial killer or a vigilante, I feel like milky posting in character is a way to be sneaky and aloof while participating (and also obviously have fun), and like I said yesterday Harold is either being ordered to behave or he's just checked out

I'm on the fence about lid and am about to go through this loving thread again to check that I'm not being dumb

I'm here.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

rudatron posted:

*shakes corpse* TALK DAMMIT

I should have made it clear, you need to explain why.

Lid I've made clear my case against today I think.

IST is based off the first solid night action result claim we have had in the thread.

Splode has made a number of arguments like this:

Splode posted:

your fates are sealed together at this point. if you flip town, Kommando is scum (and vice vercae).

which is pretty ludicrous to make as early in the game as he did imo and stinks of setting up consecutive easy lynchings.

Plot I don't know why, maybe more from reading others analysis than anything else to be honest.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
I'm going out for dinner so I have no idea if I'll be back and posting before deadline. Hoping scroag posts some kind of thing before a hammer falls

##vote Ironic Sex Tourist

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

SKY COQ posted:

Yeah, this sounds like a good idea.

Small Keating/Black Tangled: As mentioned, these guys are just absent.

Fruity Gordo: Normally posts a lot more than she has been.

Thommofork: Made a big call-out post suggesting that Beet was killed for questioning Milky and I. Failed to note that Beet was killed protecting someone.

Reposting for Rudatron. Also since BT has role claimed I will replace her with Harold for now. Fruity's right, he has been quiet.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
## vote ironic sex tourist

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
Milky - his in character posts are fun but he's not really being as helpful as he could be.
Harold - I think he has somewhat been pulled into line (whether that's by other scum or if he's realised that people find him annoying IDK) but beyond that, most (all?) of his posts have been white noise.
IST - He went after webby pretty hard, which could have been a scum setup a la anidav a few games back. I don't think b_t would be stupid enough as to lie about IST visiting avshalom. So either he's scum or he's our vigilante.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
Those aren't in any sort of order btw.

Can people elucidate on their suspicions for Lid and Splode? I've been skimming mostly today because I've been playing vidya games and enjoying the weather (rain all day! :D)

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

rudatron posted:

Aside from IST and Lid who are flinging a lot of poo poo around and trying to make it stick, I'm a bit suss on HK and Small Keating, basing this entirely on what I learned last game which was that the ones who were posting the least turned out to be scum laying low, and the loudest ones turned out to just be loud honking idiots.

This also has my eye on Plot, as he hasn't posted much more than me (and doesn't have the excuse of living in the 1964 shithole that is Perth), and also the analysis that the other plays have done.

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I truly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of making their dreams come true.

Mithranderp posted:

Milky - his in character posts are fun but he's not really being as helpful as he could be.
Harold - I think he has somewhat been pulled into line (whether that's by other scum or if he's realised that people find him annoying IDK) but beyond that, most (all?) of his posts have been white noise.
IST - He went after webby pretty hard, which could have been a scum setup a la anidav a few games back. I don't think b_t would be stupid enough as to lie about IST visiting avshalom. So either he's scum or he's our vigilante.

I can still excite your wiles if you want me to.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Harold Krell posted:

I can still excite your wiles if you want me to.

:stonk:

my wiles are fine as they are tyvm

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

GoldStandardConure posted:

Aside from IST and Lid who are flinging a lot of poo poo around and trying to make it stick, I'm a bit suss on HK and Small Keating, basing this entirely on what I learned last game which was that the ones who were posting the least turned out to be scum laying low, and the loudest ones turned out to just be loud honking idiots.

This also has my eye on Plot, as he hasn't posted much more than me (and doesn't have the excuse of living in the 1964 shithole that is Perth), and also the analysis that the other plays have done.

I've never really strayed from who I've said was scum. The Gough thing still bewilders me as all I wanted from them was to post a single original thought in this thread and instead they went mental tried to call it a conspiracy, voted for me (and Plott appeared from the shadows to follow up)... and none of it was me saying Gough was suspect. I just wanted them to open up as their post history was so bland despite the high post count.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
Oh yeah also Milky is suspicious as all hell to me because I can't tell what the gently caress he is talking about because I never watched Transformers growing up, so either he is really into his RP and is an autobot, or he is just using his giant knowledge of Transformers as a smokescreen to confuse the poo poo out of us and hide his true plans.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Oh yeah also Milky is suspicious as all hell to me because I can't tell what the gently caress he is talking about because I never watched Transformers growing up, so either he is really into his RP and is an autobot, or he is just using his giant knowledge of Transformers as a smokescreen to confuse the poo poo out of us and hide his true plans.

He open stated he is wheeljack, town roleblocker. No one has countered wheeljack (which could be meaningless) but roleblocker is a usual scum rule but between the two cops AND a deputy AND three night kills AND the voyeur AND the watcher I think this game has a lot of power roles on both town and scum that are interacting.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
Do we know who milky blocked?

Milky who did you block?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Do we know who milky blocked?

Milky who did you block?

They said Kommando both nights.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Lid posted:

They said Kommando both nights.

Yes. First night had me thinking he might be dangerous due to only one death. Second night has me thinking he is an Autobot.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

I invented a countermeasure for him as I assumed, with his limited time on the Ark, he could be a dangerous saboteur.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

I place my technical expertise at the will of the Autobot council for tonight, if it might be better utilised.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Ironic Sex Tourist (10): Milky Moor, black_tangled, Gough Suppressant, Mithranderp, Lid, SKY COQ, rudatron, GoldStandardConure, Bifauxnen, Fruity Gordo, Gough Suppressant, Fruity Gordo, Gough Suppressant, thatbastardken
Plotterboy (3): Lid, Lid, Lid, Kommando, Mithranderp, rudatron, Milky Moor, SKY COQ, Splode, bell jar, Lid, Lid, Milky Moor, Mithranderp, Lid, SKY COQ, rudatron
Lid (1): Gough Suppressant, Plotterboy, Gough Suppressant
Milky Moor (1): Tommofork, Splode, Splode
black_tangled (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen
bell jar (0): Lid, Lid
Small Keating (0): Splode, SKY COQ, SKY COQ, Kommando, Splode, Kommando
Seagull (0): Kommando, Kommando
Gough Suppressant (0): SKY COQ, SKY COQ

Not Voting (5): Fruity Gordo, Harold Krell, Ironic Sex Tourist, Seagull, Small Keating

With 20 alive, it's 11 votes to lynch. The current deadline is January 23rd, 2015 at 9 p.m. EST -- that's in about 3 hours, 36 minutes.

Ironic Sex Tourist
Jan 18, 2015

by XyloJW
You people are loving maroons

Why get the vote so high before I've even posted WHEN I OUTED WEBBY

Yes I visited avs but NOT IN A KILLING ROLE, as something completely different

The people who jumped on me based on a unsubstantiated role claim from someone on everyone's suss list are scum as gently caress

Repeat - I'm town. I outed Webby. I visited avs, but not to kill her.

Stay the course, vote for plopp.

I'm not online much today but BT will confirm that she only saw me visit avs, and doesn't know my role

If they claim otherwise, they're lying

BT please back me up on this - a visit does not mean an assassination

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
ok so

there was a whole bunch of poo poo happening d2 between

milky
lid
bell jar
webby and
soag

i'm gonna contend that milky, webby and soag are scum together, and point out this post in particular

Milky Moor posted:

I am suspicious of our fellow Autobots Lid, Bell Jar and Webmeister. It is with a dim Spark that I consign Webmeister to the Allspark, given the wealth of information provided.

##vote webmeister
milky suspects lid? interesting! he also suspects bel? interesting! who was gunning for soag on d1? it was lid. lid was also gunning for belgaer

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3695636&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=16

on this page you have lid fingating soag. a few posts after that you have soag throw a joke vote at milky, and then make a big deal about it so everyone can see that it was a joke. this page, the one where webmeister gets outed by soag, has a lot of interesting poo poo going on http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3695636&pagenumber=24&perpage=40#post440562503

lid is suss on bel. soag is 90% sure bel is town. dodgy. meanwhile, bel is on milky's scumlist. so, you have two scum (soag and milky) openly disagreeing about the towniness of someone accused of being scum by a person they are BOTH trying to throw shade at. if you've already decided together that webby is gonna go down, chuck in an active scumhunter and a random goofy dude when you throw your shade, back each other up on one of them, and loudly disagree on another to maintain distance

and soag fingating webmeister didnt turn out to be completely out of the blue.

Tommofork posted:

Ironic Sex Tourist, so far you've flung poo poo at Gough, Harold, cautioned the thread against white noise speculation and then ignored webmeister doing it, Coq, Fruity, splode, Bif, Lid, Kommando and Small Keating, but when poo poo gets flung at Bell Jar for two contradictory posts he's a good bud we don't get him?
about five posts later you have webby hurled under the bus by soag

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

Knock knock.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
##unvote

Ironic Sex Tourist posted:

The people who jumped on me based on a unsubstantiated role claim from someone on everyone's suss list are scum as gently caress

I'm not online much today but BT will confirm that she only saw me visit avs, and doesn't know my role

Ok we are left wondering how Av died when B_T hasn't named anyone else. You will need to explain that before you get lynched here.

Ironic Sex Tourist
Jan 18, 2015

by XyloJW
Fucks sake I'm one vote away from hammer before I even post

I was on a ducking aeroplane

There is massive scum in on this vote

I'm the only confirmed scum killer and you would be retards to vote me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Ironic Sex Tourist posted:

i'd roleclaim if i were you champ. you visited av the night she was killed and you expect us to be like 'oh yeah fair enough' when you say YEAH I WAS THERE BUT IT WAS FOR SOMETHING ELSE. what is the something else? because according to bt only one person visited avs the night she died, and it was you

• Locked thread