Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Big 3 all gone, that should be it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jpparker55
Jun 4, 2007
Get home from work with SL at 210/2, by the time I've opened a beer and sat down they're 215/4. Was kinda looking forward to an exciting finish...

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

On the topic of boundary ropes, they should have padded fences like in baseball.

subroc
Jun 5, 2004

They should just have spikes on the fences.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream

subroc posted:

They should just have spikes on the fences.

KFC™ Super Spikes

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Lmao Scott Styris said that Ross Taylor would have taken that catch in his mouth if it was a piece of kfc.

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!
You see guys, Ross Taylor enjoys KFC cause.. loving hell

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

Davfff posted:

I like it when our batsmen score runs
I don't like it when our batsmen get out
I don't like it when their batsmen score runs
I like it when their batsmen get out

lol weird

why so racist towards bowlers?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Airstream Driver posted:

On the topic of boundary ropes, they should have padded fences like in baseball.

The issue wasnt players running into fences exactly, it was players feet going under fences and getting stuck / being sprained in drainage ditches while sliding to stop a four.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Why do England have such abysmal odi all time run scorers. England's number one would be Australia's 13th or so.

Shane Watson would hold England's record by 400 runs.

Ian Bell would only be Zimbabwe's 4th highest run scorer right now

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

MaoistBanker posted:

You see guys, Ross Taylor enjoys KFC cause.. loving hell

Because Styris has been his friend and traveled around the world with him for about 15 years and probably knows a thing or two about his food preferences?

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Shmoses posted:

It was literally only Slater who's mad cause he would have scored probably 2000 more runs with boundary ropes

Except he wouldn't have because when he played people were all fat, slow and couldn't field.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Cat Terrist posted:

The issue wasnt players running into fences exactly, it was players feet going under fences and getting stuck / being sprained in drainage ditches while sliding to stop a four.

Is that an issue with baseball style fences?

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo
Anyone know if this England game is streaming audio anywhere? Usually it's easy to find on Tune In, but now that NZvSL is over, I can't find the Carlton anywhere.

I'm not sure if it's kosher to ask for video streams, but if so, anyone got any hot tips for that? Usually cricinfo has a great stream available but for some reason it doesn't show up for this match.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

The Nards Pan posted:

Anyone know if this England game is streaming audio anywhere? Usually it's easy to find on Tune In, but now that NZvSL is over, I can't find the Carlton anywhere.

I'm not sure if it's kosher to ask for video streams, but if so, anyone got any hot tips for that? Usually cricinfo has a great stream available but for some reason it doesn't show up for this match.

crictime

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Airstream Driver posted:

Baseball is dumb and the ball goes near a fence about once a month so it isn't really comparable.

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

Old ding dong's not a bad batsman eh. Root's batting freely without the fear of Warner's left hook.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Airstream Driver posted:

Baseballers dont have a need to slide at fences so who knows.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Cat Terrist posted:

Baseballers dont have a need to slide at fences so who knows.

Pad the fence and put the current boundary ropes in the gutter. BOOM problem solved. Next!

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Airstream Driver posted:

Pad the fence and put the current boundary ropes in the gutter. BOOM problem solved. Next!

Was tried, only encouraged players to go even harder at the fence and didnt cut injuries as a result. The rope one-two meters in from the fence works, the issue is the way it's been used to take the piss of hitting sixes now.

Edit : Gonna be a big run chase tonight.

CAT INTERCEPTOR fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Jan 23, 2015

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo

Thanks!

In some sort of stupor I put a decently large wager on England in the middle of the night last night. No idea what I was thinking in a half awake state. I swear I need some kind of lock out on my offshore book account. I used to wish I had a breathalyzer on my gambling account, but this time I wasn't even under the influence, just sleep betting. :question: :shrug: :question:

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

The Nards Pan posted:

Thanks!

In some sort of stupor I put a decently large wager on England in the middle of the night last night. No idea what I was thinking in a half awake state. I swear I need some kind of lock out on my offshore book account. I used to wish I had a breathalyzer on my gambling account, but this time I wasn't even under the influence, just sleep betting. :question: :shrug: :question:

Good bet imo

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Its not a bad bet. The Australian batting lineup is flimsy as heck.

Davfff
Oct 27, 2008

nzspambot posted:

why so racist towards bowlers?

dunno what u mean some of my best friends are bowlers

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Somehow stumbled across this beauty on Youtube, now that is some serious hitting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2bkBC8niAI

Davfff
Oct 27, 2008
HH!

Gibbs

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

EMC posted:

Somehow stumbled across this beauty on Youtube, now that is some serious hitting

God it's nice listening to cricket when the commentators aren't loving screaming after every ball.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

England are really good at finishing off an innings.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Its not a bad bet. The Australian batting lineup is flimsy as heck.

If England can get Smith cheaply they'll be good. I don't rate a batting lineup of White, Fince, Smarsh and Maxwell.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
STAN TV subscription service like no other!

*describes TV subscription service like every other*

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:

EMC posted:

I'm curious why Langer retired after getting 50

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
England lower order showing good grit and determination here.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
England making a meal of this since Bell got out.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Doctor Cave posted:

I'm curious why Langer retired after getting 50
Weird that this video should come up, my mate and I watched this an hour or so ago. Anyway the reason Langer retired was because that was the rule of that Mickey Mouse Super 8s comp they were playing. Same way he was getting 8 for balls hit over the fence

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
Josh Buttler

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Shmoses posted:

Weird that this video should come up, my mate and I watched this an hour or so ago. Anyway the reason Langer retired was because that was the rule of that Mickey Mouse Super 8s comp they were playing. Same way he was getting 8 for balls hit over the fence

Sounds like that dumb Cricket Max thing where you could hit a 12.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:

Shmoses posted:

I didn't realise it was Super 8s, it looked like the Mercantile Mutual/ING Cup, also that explains how the first over went for so many runs.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Good comeback by Australia really.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Christ what a final 3 balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Australia to get skittled for 250