Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
New Arena Watch while I work on Episode 23:

Arena Watch 10: The Pit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

In an extremely rare case, I actually prefer Proto Eagle over its more "advanced" counterpart.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

Doctor Reynolds posted:

In an extremely rare case, I actually prefer Proto Eagle over its more "advanced" counterpart.

I do as well, the Eagle Buster's way better than Eagle Jet mode.

New Know Your Borg while Episode 23 is finished up.

Know Your Borg 11: Ultimate Cannon

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
New episode shows the last of the Dragons, and with them every normal Borg has been in at least one video. :toot:

Episode 23: The Dragon King and Pals

Feel free to say if there's any Borg or Tribe you want to see again, otherwise I'll just use whatever from here on in.

Unseen Tribes:
None! :toot:

Incomplete Tribes:
None! :toot:

Complete Tribes:
Ninja
Hero/Bug
Air
Wing
Angel
Wizard/Nurse/Idol
Gun
Girl
Knight
Tank
Musha
Demon
Fortress
Machine
Dragon

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
Congrats on showing everything off! There are 206 borgs in all (according to GameFAQs), right? That's an impressively large cast of playable characters, especially considering their diversity.

I have two requests for future teams:
1) I'd like to see your favorite borgs. Not necessarily the ones you think are the most effective, but the ones you enjoy playing as most.
2) I like melee-centric characters, so how about a team of melee-only borgs, and preferably with each borg from a different tribe?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I agree. It's impressive.
Challenge: Make an episode using exclusively Death Borgs. Only ally with former villains unless plot mandates otherwise.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I'd also like to see your favorites, but after that something cool would be a bullet hell borg team (borgs that shoot a million bullets, like the minigunner or what's his name).

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

Noper Q posted:

Congrats on showing everything off! There are 206 borgs in all (according to GameFAQs), right? That's an impressively large cast of playable characters, especially considering their diversity.

I have two requests for future teams:
1) I'd like to see your favorite borgs. Not necessarily the ones you think are the most effective, but the ones you enjoy playing as most.
2) I like melee-centric characters, so how about a team of melee-only borgs, and preferably with each borg from a different tribe?

That number includes Death Borgs, Fusions, Galactic Emperor and G-Black, so it's a little less than that for normal Borgs.

Senerio posted:

I agree. It's impressive.
Challenge: Make an episode using exclusively Death Borgs. Only ally with former villains unless plot mandates otherwise.

You guessed the next episode, although I hadn't thought of the only villains thing. It's going to take a bit, these turned out long.

Mehuyael posted:

I'd also like to see your favorites, but after that something cool would be a bullet hell borg team (borgs that shoot a million bullets, like the minigunner or what's his name).

With two votes, I'll make forces out of my favorites after the Death Borg episodes are up.

New Arena Watch, the Red Death Lair and Blue Death Lair:
Arena Watch 11: Red & Blue Death Lair

Agent Rush fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Aug 4, 2014

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
Here's Episode 24, focusing on the initial Death Borg lines:

Episode 24: Death vs. Death Part 1

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
That Omicron fight looked rough. Kudos for sticking it out (and double kudos for speeding it up).
And I laughed when the ICBM came out at the end. Are there a lot of fights you could speed up that way?

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

Noper Q posted:

That Omicron fight looked rough. Kudos for sticking it out (and double kudos for speeding it up).
And I laughed when the ICBM came out at the end. Are there a lot of fights you could speed up that way?

Not really with Death ICBM because most fights have the enemy Borgs spread out in waves. It's most effective in Hero Borg showdowns and boss fights.

New Know Your Borg, featuring one of the Cyber Machines:

Know Your Borg 12: Cyber Machine Seiryu

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Aww yeah, my borg Sigma. Too strong.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
Here's the second half of the Death Borg Tribe, next up will be some of my favorite borgs.

Episode 25: Death vs. Death Part 2

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
Episode 26, a look at some of my favorite Borgs.

Episode 26: Weapons of Choice Part 1

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
Here's a new arena watch, featuring Serenity Street:

Arena Watch 12: Serenity Street

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
Another look at my favorites in Episode 27:

Episode 27: Weapons of choice Part 2

Should I keep going with the Agency's Choice forces, or is there something else you'd like see more?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Agent Rush posted:

Another look at my favorites in Episode 27:

Episode 27: Weapons of choice Part 2

Should I keep going with the Agency's Choice forces, or is there something else you'd like see more?

I'm fine with anyone for normal battles, but how about thematically appropriate Borgs for important battles? For example, a Knight team against the Super Space Dragon Borg.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Mehuyael posted:

I'm fine with anyone for normal battles, but how about thematically appropriate Borgs for important battles? For example, a Knight team against the Super Space Dragon Borg.

Yeah this sounds great. Just completely steamroll over the normal battles and theme it up for the big ones.
Like an AA gun Squadron (Gatling-x borgs for example) vs Flyers.

And goddamn are you good at this: the recording can barely keep up.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Sep 10, 2014

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

God drat Met is my favourite. Allforcesretreat!

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
New Arena Watch while I finish up the new episode.

Arena Watch 13: Death Base

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
Sorry about the wait, some unexpected difficulties came up. Here's the new episode:

Episode 28: Boost up for Dragon Buster

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Somehow even with all the borg showcases I didn't remember seeing the buggy borg before.

By the way, glad to see this again!

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

There really is a shitload of borgs in this game isnt there?

There arent any other buggy/non tank ground vehicle borgs right? Also can Panther Vehicle jump?

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

Mehuyael posted:

Somehow even with all the borg showcases I didn't remember seeing the buggy borg before.

By the way, glad to see this again!

I used Panther Vehicle in Episode 16, I don't blame you for forgetting after all this time. :v:

Rigged Death Trap posted:

There really is a shitload of borgs in this game isnt there?

There arent any other buggy/non tank ground vehicle borgs right? Also can Panther Vehicle jump?

About 200 not counting Fusions and Hacked Borgs. It takes a while to get them all.

Yep, Panther Vehicle is a Tribe of one like Pop Honey. It has jump jets, but they're not very good. Your best option in one is to stay on the ground and use its extended dash to dodge and close in.

Agent Rush fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Oct 29, 2014

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
Episode 29: It's time for Dragon Buster

Here's the last episode of Chapter 4, the boss battle with the Cyber Death Dragon.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone who's celebrating! To those who aren't, hope your Thursday goes well!

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
I'm thankful (ha ha) to see this back.
I thought the game was just zooming in on your Blue Striker at the beginning of the Tricity Area fight. It took me a while to realize that all the borgs had gotten giant-sized. :downs:

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

There is nothing more corny in this world than the Galactic Emperor's laugh.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
Happy Holidays, everyone!

Sorry I haven't updated in so long, family business and the holidays have been eating all my time. I probably won't be able to until after the new year.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Agent Rush posted:

Happy Holidays, everyone!

Sorry I haven't updated in so long, family business and the holidays have been eating all my time. I probably won't be able to until after the new year.

No probs. Holidays with family are more important than some Dark Something Emperor.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
Here's the next Arena Watch while I finish work on Episode 30.

Arena Watch 14: Sky Fortress

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
Here it is, the final chapter of Gotcha Force! It's been a long time coming, but we're finally in the home stretch.

Episode 30: The Beginning of the End

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Agent Rush posted:

Here it is, the final chapter of Gotcha Force! It's been a long time coming, but we're finally in the home stretch.

Episode 30: The Beginning of the End

Kind of sad we're finishing up the game, but I guess it's a good time seeing as you've showed all the Borgs off.

NothingToFyr
May 22, 2010
I'm curious to see how many different ways you use to kill the final boss. I'll wait til after the video to talk about my favorites, but you've done a great job with one of my favorite games so far.

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
Glad to see this back, as informative, entertaining, and well edited as always.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

Noper Q posted:

Glad to see this back, as informative, entertaining, and well edited as always.

:confuoot: If you're serious, that's great to hear. I'm certainly open to suggestions on how to improve.

Anyway, here's the next to last Arena Watch before the new Episode.

Arena Watch 15: Greater Tricity Area

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
I'm serious. :) The game is very fast-paced, and your commentary keeps up with it well.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I always enjoyed playing multiplayer in Greater Tricity Area. Good times.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
Here's the new episode, where I find the borgs I was looking for after a few tries!

Episode 31: Operation Take Down

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
A new Know Your Borg, featuring Victory Machine as I work on the next episode.

Know Your Borg 13: Victory Machine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
Hey, I messed up in Episode 31 by saying Patra Witch instead of Isis. In better news, the next episode is on its way along with some multiplayer videos.

• Locked thread