Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Ironic Sex Tourist posted:

You people are loving maroons

Why get the vote so high before I've even posted WHEN I OUTED WEBBY

Yes I visited avs but NOT IN A KILLING ROLE, as something completely different

The people who jumped on me based on a unsubstantiated role claim from someone on everyone's suss list are scum as gently caress

Repeat - I'm town. I outed Webby. I visited avs, but not to kill her.

Stay the course, vote for plopp.

I'm not online much today but BT will confirm that she only saw me visit avs, and doesn't know my role

If they claim otherwise, they're lying

BT please back me up on this - a visit does not mean an assassination

So, why did you visit everyone's favourite Jewish VW?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
look at this poo poo too

Milky Moor posted:

You are busy pointing your digits at two other Autobots using a strategy that has guaranteed Decepticon victory in the past - throwing one of your compatriots under a space bus to ingratiate you to the Autobot cause.

For Bell Jar, it is much the same as the mindset behind what was done to poor Red Alert. He destabilises the situation onboard this vessel needlessly. A fitting ploy when we would be unwilling to target him due to our precious error.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Ironic Sex Tourist posted:

You people are loving maroons

Why get the vote so high before I've even posted WHEN I OUTED WEBBY

Yes I visited avs but NOT IN A KILLING ROLE, as something completely different

The people who jumped on me based on a unsubstantiated role claim from someone on everyone's suss list are scum as gently caress

Repeat - I'm town. I outed Webby. I visited avs, but not to kill her.

Stay the course, vote for plopp.

I'm not online much today but BT will confirm that she only saw me visit avs, and doesn't know my role

If they claim otherwise, they're lying

BT please back me up on this - a visit does not mean an assassination

"The Watcher is an informative role that can target a player at Night and learn who, if anybody, targeted that player the same Night (but not what actions were performed on that player)."

It's true I can't confirm the actions taken. However no one else visited Avshalom. Next day dead.

I'm not sure if as a watcher I can expect to see everyone who visits, or just one? The rules aren't clear.

Totally possible to sacrifice a scum to build cover.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Fruity Gordo posted:

ok so

there was a whole bunch of poo poo happening d2 between

milky
lid
bell jar
webby and
soag

i'm gonna contend that milky, webby and soag are scum together, and point out this post in particular

milky suspects lid? interesting! he also suspects bel? interesting! who was gunning for soag on d1? it was lid. lid was also gunning for belgaer

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3695636&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=16

on this page you have lid fingating soag. a few posts after that you have soag throw a joke vote at milky, and then make a big deal about it so everyone can see that it was a joke. this page, the one where webmeister gets outed by soag, has a lot of interesting poo poo going on http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3695636&pagenumber=24&perpage=40#post440562503

lid is suss on bel. soag is 90% sure bel is town. dodgy. meanwhile, bel is on milky's scumlist. so, you have two scum (soag and milky) openly disagreeing about the towniness of someone accused of being scum by a person they are BOTH trying to throw shade at. if you've already decided together that webby is gonna go down, chuck in an active scumhunter and a random goofy dude when you throw your shade, back each other up on one of them, and loudly disagree on another to maintain distance

and soag fingating webmeister didnt turn out to be completely out of the blue.

about five posts later you have webby hurled under the bus by soag

To continue this thought - I had a while ago made a connection between the webby finding coming while I was really suss on Bell Jar (and still am). The case was solid and correct, but it did strike me that it could've been a bit TOO perfect especially as webby was a vanilla scum with no power roles. It is always preferable to off a scum with no role to one with a role if someone has to die and given the TOWN powers we know about imagine what the scum might be trying to protect.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

what if soag is the bus driver, went there to save av from an attack but swapped her with someone that actually did get attacked

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
re kommando it's all a hunch, i gots no evidence really, just meta poo poo and this:

Kommando posted:

No, but you can learn from the meta game. Posting behaviours, tells and inconsistent arguments. Many people are poo poo at keeping secrets and will drop hints, quite often on day one when it's mostly noise and noone is watching as they're waiting for investigating roles.

Kommando posted:

*reads PM*

a hahahahahahhaahaha

gently caress you all I'm going overseas.
i think he's an unaligned serial killer with his own win condition which will never get fulfilled bc he's gonna get modkilled tomorrow

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

anyhow i don't think soag is scum

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

bell jar posted:

what if soag is the bus driver, went there to save av from an attack but swapped her with someone that actually did get attacked

he should roleclaim that poo poo himself then bro bc hes about to get lynched. a townie has jack poo poo to lose if they tell the truth when they're one or two votes off a lynch

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Soag, roleclaim if you say you visited avs.

Also, I still expect suspect lists from the following people

Harold Krell
Ironic Sex Tourist
Plotterboy
Seagull
Small Keating
thatbastardken
Tommofork

Splode I had you on the list before but I went over your previous posts and you had already done that.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
I think that there are at least two scum teams, and the members I am really solid of both are:

Team 1: Bell Jar, IST, Milky, webby (may he rest in peace)

Team 2: Plotterboy, black_tangled, SKY COQ

There is a third party that is either a vig or an SK but that's a shot in the dark (as it were)

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Actually, stratch off tommofork, I missed your list you did today. Sorry bout that bud

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Lid posted:

I think that there are at least two scum teams, and the members I am really solid of both are:

There is a third party that is either a vig or an SK but that's a shot in the dark (as it were)

Also neither of these are exhaustive, those are just the people I am really solid on.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

i don't know why you still think i'm scum, lid, you're wrong and incredibly stubborn about it

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Fruity Gordo posted:

re kommando it's all a hunch, i gots no evidence really, just meta poo poo and this:

i think he's an unaligned serial killer with his own win condition which will never get fulfilled bc he's gonna get modkilled tomorrow

This would be difficult if Milky is a roleblocker (town or scum) as they said they've blocked Kommando both nights so there wouldn't be an NK night two.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Lid posted:

I've voted for Plott and BT today, that doesn't hold water.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
Soag visited avs to steal her stash of erotica, and accidently gassed her while trying to huff his own farts.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
##unvote so the hammer doesn't go down before the people I mention can answer, but for all intents I'm still voting IST

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
Wait. So, NOW Lid suddenly thinks there's a second squad of Decepticons?

After kicking up such a fuss that I suggested it?

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Lid posted:

Also neither of these are exhaustive, those are just the people I am really solid on.

mm ok? Rationale?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

SKY COQ posted:

I've voted for Plott and BT today, that doesn't hold water.

Yes, Plott was after the wagon was way out of the rails (including me unvoting because I started to feel odd about it and incorrectly thought it was near hammer) and the ... wait you never voted for BT.

You voted for Gough before and then this

SKY COQ posted:

##vote Ironic Sex Tourist.

Black_tangled will die tomorrow if she has betrayed us.

An odd comment.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Milky Moor posted:

Wait. So, NOW Lid suddenly thinks there's a second squad of Decepticons?

After kicking up such a fuss that I suggested it?

You jackass I was noting you kept mentioning INSECTICONS specifically. There was no group called the insecticons and yet you kept mentioning them incessently. I was never questioning the two teams argument and have made repeated posts about it.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
I still want an answer from soag

you admit that you visited avs. to do that you need a power role. so what's your power role and why did you choose to use your night action on avs?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

black_tangled posted:

mm ok? Rationale?

You have never posted, you have not said who you watched night one, and when Plott is on the chopping block you appear to throw IST under as it were. I'm not doubting you saw IST visit nor even that IST is in all probability scum, but this is getting a bit too on the nose to have been you sitting there silently biding your day waiting when you could've made the day so much easier for town by saying the visit openly a lot earlier on. Town is filled with roles, it would make sense scum is too.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Fruity Gordo posted:

I still want an answer from soag

you admit that you visited avs. to do that you need a power role. so what's your power role and why did you choose to use your night action on avs?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

I have almost returned to the Ark. I shall prepare a report in a number but I think it is remarkably clear that Lid is presenting the face of an Autobot masonry or Decepticon squad.

Lid posted:

You jackass I was noting you kept mentioning INSECTICONS specifically. There was no group called the insecticons and yet you kept mentioning them incessently. I was never questioning the two teams argument and have made repeated posts about it.

You are part of a subgroup, Autobot or otherwise.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Milky Moor posted:

I have almost returned to the Ark. I shall prepare a report in a number but I think it is remarkably clear that Lid is presenting the face of an Autobot masonry or Decepticon squad.

You are part of a subgroup, Autobot or otherwise.

DROP THE loving RP

Jesus Christ dude I can't even tell what I'm being accused of anymore, nor why you kept mentioning the god drat Insecticons.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Lid posted:

Yes, Plott was after the wagon was way out of the rails (including me unvoting because I started to feel odd about it and incorrectly thought it was near hammer) and the ... wait you never voted for BT.

You voted for Gough before and then this

An odd comment.

I meant "us" as in the town. As in we'd lynch her if she role claimed to get us to lynch a townie.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, if ist flips town then a b_t lynch is guaranteed.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Lid posted:

You have never posted, you have not said who you watched night one, and when Plott is on the chopping block you appear to throw IST under as it were. I'm not doubting you saw IST visit nor even that IST is in all probability scum, but this is getting a bit too on the nose to have been you sitting there silently biding your day waiting when you could've made the day so much easier for town by saying the visit openly a lot earlier on. Town is filled with roles, it would make sense scum is too.

I posted a fair bit day one, unfortunately RL got in the way. You can expect to hear from me over the weekend unless the reveal of my role makes me too much of a target to survive tonight.

No one asked who I watched day one as of yet, but it was Splode. Nothing happened. I thought as a vocal player from this and the previous game he might be a potential target for scum. Day one, its hard to know who to look for, it's a bit of a shot in the dark.

With several hours to 9pm I think we have a lot of time to discuss and I'm happy that people unvoted so we could hear from IST in case there is some crazy role stuff going on.

Also not just rationale re me- how about everyone else you named?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

rudatron posted:

Yeah, if ist flips town then a b_t lynch is guaranteed.

I actually doubt IST is town but just because BT is accusing doesn't make them innocent either after that night 2.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

bell jar posted:

anyhow i don't think soag is scum

why? are you in a masonry with him? bc that's the only way you'd know for sure, and unless you know for sure, why would you post this?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Lid posted:

DROP THE loving RP

Jesus Christ dude I can't even tell what I'm being accused of anymore, nor why you kept mentioning the god drat Insecticons.

You seem remarkably agitated for an Autobot. You are well overdue for the scrapheap. Your faux ignorance of how Seekers and Insecticons can be in conflict with one and other while both representing as Decepticons, and therefore both representing one side of the conflict while not knowing the identities of the other party, is beyond obvious and insulting to Optimus Prime and every single Autobot on this vessel!

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Milky Moor posted:

You seem remarkably agitated for an Autobot. You are well overdue for the scrapheap. Your faux ignorance of how Seekers and Insecticons can be in conflict with one and other while both representing as Decepticons, and therefore both representing one side of the conflict while not knowing the identities of the other party, is beyond obvious and insulting to Optimus Prime and every single Autobot on this vessel!

:psypop:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Milky Moor posted:

:what:

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
gonna lol when milky flips and is megatron

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Fruity Gordo posted:

why? are you in a masonry with him? bc that's the only way you'd know for sure, and unless you know for sure, why would you post this?

i don't know for sure and never claimed i did. i only mentioned that i think he is not scum. i think this based on his posts.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
The twist will be that Milky is Michael Bay.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
Just popping in to say that PMing me asking for role clarification is fine, I'm all over this poo poo.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
IST the longer this reply takes the more certain it is you are trying to think of a reason you were at Av's that makes sense and a scumdoc cram session is flailing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

gently caress me, now i'm beginning to understand why mills has such a low opinion of auspol mafia because it's like herding a bunch of cats

i will explain this to you, lid, like you are five years old because you don't seem to understand the basic concepts of mafia

i will do this with normal words because you don't seem to understand basics of theme and like to loudly cry about how it doesn't make any sense when anyone above the age of ten years old can understand AUTOBOTS GOOD, DECEPTICONS BAD

mafia is a game of attrition between the TOWN (hereafter referred to as AUTOBOTS) and the MAFIA (hereafter referred to as DECEPTICONS)

games of mafia may have more than one mafia family - and these families do not know that the other exists and therefore who is in them and their only win condition revolves around eliminating the town, not preserving their other members

these additional mafia families do not necessarily have any special signifiers to indicate that there is more than one family and, in fact, i've never played in a game that has featured such a tell that there are multiple families

DECEPTICONS are made up of various subgroups. the SEEKERS are all the jet-flavoured decepticons - skywarp, thundercracker, starscream - and the INSECTICONS are all the insect-themed decepticons. they are both treacherous groups who dislike each other. most importantly, the numbers of the characters in these groups - at least the prominent ones - might be close enough in number to the mafia for a game of this size.

gaspy is a big G1 fan, bigger than me. if you really want to argue that it's purely random that we've only seen examples of two distinct groups of decepticons and not any of the decepticons who don't belong to either group, especially when one of them was killed at night (why would the mafia kill one of their own?) then you are being deliberately obtuse and trying to obfuscate your own loyalties

• Locked thread