Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
there's probably, what, six or eight mafia players in a game of this size?

we have the identities of three of them, and a nightkill of one of them that NO ONE IS EXPLAINING

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Milky Moor posted:

gently caress me, now i'm beginning to understand why mills has such a low opinion of auspol mafia because it's like herding a bunch of cats

i will explain this to you, lid, like you are five years old because you don't seem to understand the basic concepts of mafia

i will do this with normal words because you don't seem to understand basics of theme and like to loudly cry about how it doesn't make any sense when anyone above the age of ten years old can understand AUTOBOTS GOOD, DECEPTICONS BAD

mafia is a game of attrition between the TOWN (hereafter referred to as AUTOBOTS) and the MAFIA (hereafter referred to as DECEPTICONS)

games of mafia may have more than one mafia family - and these families do not know that the other exists and therefore who is in them and their only win condition revolves around eliminating the town, not preserving their other members

these additional mafia families do not necessarily have any special signifiers to indicate that there is more than one family and, in fact, i've never played in a game that has featured such a tell that there are multiple families

DECEPTICONS are made up of various subgroups. the SEEKERS are all the jet-flavoured decepticons - skywarp, thundercracker, starscream - and the INSECTICONS are all the insect-themed decepticons. they are both treacherous groups who dislike each other. most importantly, the numbers of the characters in these groups - at least the prominent ones - might be close enough in number to the mafia for a game of this size.

gaspy is a big G1 fan, bigger than me. if you really want to argue that it's purely random that we've only seen examples of two distinct groups of decepticons and not any of the decepticons who don't belong to either group, especially when one of them was killed at night (why would the mafia kill one of their own?) then you are being deliberately obtuse and trying to obfuscate your own loyalties

Some of us have no idea about G1 and we had no idea what you were talking about between these two groups as you never loving explained it. Like now you're saying we've seen both groups? EXPLAIN IT FOR THE 99% OF US WHO MAY NOT BE CHECKING WIKIPEDIA ALLIANCES OF DECEPTICONS. Which player conformed to which group? Then we can individually analyse both players for their subgroup allies rather than having you alternating sperging RP and sperging that people don't know G1 well enough that they don't "get" mafia.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

I WONDER WHY NO ONE IN THE TOWN IS EXPLAINING A SUCCESSFUL SCUM NIGHT KILL

MAYBE IT IS BECAUSE THE SCUM DID IT

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Milky Moor posted:

there's probably, what, six or eight mafia players in a game of this size?

we have the identities of three of them, and a nightkill of one of them that NO ONE IS EXPLAINING

vigilante, serial killer or multiple scum teams. I doubt the vigilante is going to out themself itt if they exist since they'll get night killed immediately. do you wanna reconfirm for me that you're a roleblocker and blocked kommando the past 2 nights?

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Asphyxious posted:

Just popping in to say that PMing me asking for role clarification is fine, I'm all over this poo poo.

Aspy has kindly just confirmed for me that a watcher can see everyone who visits a target.

Facts: IST visited Avs. No other visitors. IST admits visiting Avs for *unspecified special TOTALLY NOT SCUMMY reason*.

We still have til gong but whatever IST says it is going to have to be reallly good.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Lid posted:

Some of us have no idea about G1 and we had no idea what you were talking about between these two groups as you never loving explained it. Like now you're saying we've seen both groups? EXPLAIN IT FOR THE 99% OF US WHO MAY NOT BE CHECKING WIKIPEDIA ALLIANCES OF DECEPTICONS. Which player conformed to which group? Then we can individually analyse both players for their subgroup allies rather than having you alternating sperging RP and sperging that people don't know G1 well enough that they don't "get" mafia.

look at their loving pictures you unbelievable retard

use google for five seconds given that this thread was all 'duhhh milky, ANYONE could google autobot names' but given that this skill is apparently some arcane loving art, i'll spell it out to you

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Seeker_%28body-type%29#List_of_named_Seekers

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Insecticon_(G1)

i am assuming we are dealing with the three season one seekers (skywarp, thundercracker, starscream) and the three most common insecticons (shrapnel, bombshell, kickback)

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Fruity Gordo posted:

vigilante, serial killer or multiple scum teams. I doubt the vigilante is going to out themself itt if they exist since they'll get night killed immediately. do you wanna reconfirm for me that you're a roleblocker and blocked kommando the past 2 nights?

yes, i am a roleblocker and i blocked kommando both nights because i figured with his short-term stay and his first couple of posts, he had been given something disruptive that i would want to minimise

i have said this three times now

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Might as well leave my vote on IST till we hear a better explanation then.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Milky, what do you think happened night 1?

Ironic Sex Tourist
Jan 18, 2015

by XyloJW

bell jar posted:

what if soag is the bus driver, went there to save av from an attack but swapped her with someone that actually did get attacked

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Milky Moor posted:

yes, i am a roleblocker and i blocked kommando both nights because i figured with his short-term stay and his first couple of posts, he had been given something disruptive that i would want to minimise

i have said this three times now

cool

hey kommando, i'm guessing you have night actions bc you said 'lol get rekt' when you got your role pm. have your night actions all been unsuccessful?

Fuckface the Hedgehog
Jun 12, 2007

black_tangled posted:

Aspy has kindly just confirmed for me that a watcher can see everyone who visits a target.

Facts: IST visited Avs. No other visitors. IST admits visiting Avs for *unspecified special TOTALLY NOT SCUMMY reason*.

We still have til gong but whatever IST says it is going to have to be reallly good.

Which would be why he is screaming now trying to hold the vote up. Ironic Sex tourist and cop killer

##unvote

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

and now, because i had to explain phenomenally basic things to you, i realise i got my numbers wrong because i've had a few beers and i crossed the numbe ofr three deaths with the two decepticon deaths

one confirmed seeker (unexplained nightkill of a player who hadn't said much), one confirmed insecticon (lynch)

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Who did you swap with?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

rudatron posted:

Milky, what do you think happened night 1?

if there's a second team, i would say that they sat back for a night to promote this exact response

otherwise, i assume that some stabs in the dark were randomly successful at blocking people or preventing someone from being attacked (like a doctor might), but given that no one has come forward and said they had successful actions...

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
I'm still also waiting for suspects lists from:

Harold Krell
Ironic Sex Tourist
Plotterboy
Seagull
Small Keating
thatbastardken

IST and Plot, you're on now so can you provide them please.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
8/11

Votecount for Day 3

Ironic Sex Tourist (8): Milky Moor, black_tangled, Gough Suppressant, Mithranderp, Lid, SKY COQ, rudatron, GoldStandardConure, Bifauxnen, Fruity Gordo, Gough Suppressant, Fruity Gordo, Gough Suppressant, thatbastardken, Lid, rudatron
Plotterboy (3): Lid, Lid, Lid, Kommando, Mithranderp, rudatron, Milky Moor, SKY COQ, Splode, bell jar, Lid, Lid, Milky Moor, Mithranderp, Lid, SKY COQ, rudatron
Lid (1): Gough Suppressant, Plotterboy, Gough Suppressant
Milky Moor (1): Tommofork, Splode, Splode
black_tangled (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen
bell jar (0): Lid, Lid
Small Keating (0): Splode, SKY COQ, SKY COQ, Kommando, Splode, Kommando
Seagull (0): Kommando, Kommando
Gough Suppressant (0): SKY COQ, SKY COQ

Not Voting (7): Fruity Gordo, Harold Krell, Ironic Sex Tourist, Lid, rudatron, Seagull, Small Keating

With 20 alive, it's 11 votes to lynch. The current deadline is January 23rd, 2015 at 9 p.m. EST -- that's in about 2 hours, 38 minutes.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

now, i'm going to come out here and throw some more loving rocks because i want this town to wake up for five seconds and realise that there's multiple things going on

for one, i'm going to mention that black_tangled might not be a watcher. rather, she might be a vanilla townie (i am using the normal words so you can understand me easily :) ) who is in communication with a watcher. that way, there is a scum kill on ironic sex tourist and the actual watcher is not put under threat. OR, if tangled is scum, then the scum watcher is ALSO safe.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
I think milky is right when it comes to there being more than one scum team working, but I still cant make heads or tails of his Transformers grognardery, whether he just loving loves him some Transformers role play or is using his grognard knowledge to confuse the poo poo out of everyone.

IST why did you visit Avs?

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Milky Moor posted:

now, i'm going to come out here and throw some more loving rocks because i want this town to wake up for five seconds and realise that there's multiple things going on

for one, i'm going to mention that black_tangled might not be a watcher. rather, she might be a vanilla townie (i am using the normal words so you can understand me easily :) ) who is in communication with a watcher. that way, there is a scum kill on ironic sex tourist and the actual watcher is not put under threat. OR, if tangled is scum, then the scum watcher is ALSO safe.

sadly no. So if we do flip IST as scum, which is looking drat likely based on this extremely half-assed defense, and someone can protect my rear end, please do. KTHX.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
IST why the thing

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

GoldStandardConure posted:

I think milky is right when it comes to there being more than one scum team working, but I still cant make heads or tails of his Transformers grognardery, whether he just loving loves him some Transformers role play or is using his grognard knowledge to confuse the poo poo out of everyone.

IST why did you visit Avs?

if we turn up scum who aren't seekers and insecticons, then i am wrong and i'll be very surprised

but gaspy is a g1 fan and every single reveal so far has fit with the season 1 theme canon

hopefully, if i'm right, i'm presenting myself as an alternative to tangled tonight. or, they'll keep me around because i'm wrong and i can keep using my mafia knowledge to help the town. or they'll kill us both because they might very well have two night kills

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

but, wow, now all my cards are on the loving table, so, THANKS LID

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

also this is so pissweak that i have to ##vote ironic sex tourist right the gently caress now momentum be damned because :holymoley:

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Mithranderp posted:

black_tangled (in watcher role) saw that IST visited Avs last night. Avs died.

I am out tonight and two pages behind.

IST killed webby effectively single handedly, and black tangled was on everybody's suss list, this seems like a weird role claim to believe.

I don't have time to make an informed vote, but I sure as poo poo ain't lynching IST just because. Sorry, it is Friday night though.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
hmmm i dont think that worked

##vote ironic sex tourist

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Milky Moor posted:

Good.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
You know what sucks in a mafia game? Players who have information and are town and keep it to themselves.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

can scum please kill lid overnight. if you don't i will assume lid is scum

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

if you are so loving stupid that you need me to spell out ideas like 'hmm, maybe the player making an obvious roll claim might be in communication with someone when the game is over twenty players in size' and to use the lost art of typing 'transformers decepticon seekers' into google then i don't understand how you can successfully press power on

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Would you name some of your team members before you go? For the road I mean.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Milky Moor posted:

if you are so loving stupid that you need me to spell out ideas like 'hmm, maybe the player making an obvious roll claim might be in communication with someone when the game is over twenty players in size' and to use the lost art of typing 'transformers decepticon seekers' into google then i don't understand how you can successfully press power on

If you can understand that most people in this game could not follow you and I was just the most vocal about how nobody could follow you and maybe just maybe some of us were on phones and couldn't check every little thing then please continue to be upset.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Lid posted:

You know what sucks in a mafia game? Players who have information and are town and keep it to themselves.

you know what sucks? the town forcing someone to make themselves a big target when they're probably the most experienced player in the game, know the theme like the back of their hand, and have a role that works better the longer the game goes on when there is a better chance of actually blocking someone with a role

you're a loving idiot

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Milky Moor posted:

fwiw if kommando shows up and confirms that his night actions have been blocked that will be something but idk why you would be going this hard to defend soag when youve got him right there at a murder scene. if he flips town theres no chance bt wont get lynched tomorrow so it seems weird for me to see you go to bat for him when ostensibly you have jack and poo poo to do with each other if i'm not right

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
Ty fruity for saving me from typing bb codes on a phone

##vote ironic sex tourist

I've skim read the thread and he really doesn't have much of a defence, so I'll vote.

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I truly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of making their dreams come true.

:unsmigghh:

rudatron posted:

I'm still also waiting for suspects lists from:

Harold Krell
Ironic Sex Tourist
Plotterboy
Seagull
Small Keating
thatbastardken

IST and Plot, you're on now so can you provide them please.

Well, here's my breakdown on everyone who's still here:

rudatron: :btroll: Big Fat Idiot :btroll:

everyone else: :a2m:

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Lid posted:

If you can understand that most people in this game could not follow you and I was just the most vocal about how nobody could follow you and maybe just maybe some of us were on phones and couldn't check every little thing then please continue to be upset.

i was also on my phone

you are being deliberately dense and it's loving horrible for a supposed town player

Fruity Gordo posted:

fwiw if kommando shows up and confirms that his night actions have been blocked that will be something but idk why you would be going this hard to defend soag when youve got him right there at a murder scene. if he flips town theres no chance bt wont get lynched tomorrow so it seems weird for me to see you go to bat for him when ostensibly you have jack and poo poo to do with each other if i'm not right

i'm not going to bat for him, learn to loving read

i want him lynched and the fact that everyone is starting to hem and haw about it is driving me up the fuckign wall when he was the ONLY ONE TO VISIT AVSHALOM AND HE HAS NO DEFENCE EXCEPT 'lol bus driver'

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Milky Moor posted:

you know what sucks? the town forcing someone to make themselves a big target when they're probably the most experienced player in the game, know the theme like the back of their hand, and have a role that works better the longer the game goes on when there is a better chance of actually blocking someone with a role

you're a loving idiot

You already claimed looooooooong before this and we had a game with 1 kill on n1 and 3 kills on n2 where you information would have been valuable. It's not like your role was a mystery. But continue to be really annoyed that you had to play a game with people who are so beneathe you that they question people actions rather than just going with it, especially when said actions include defending IST for no explained reason and the Bell Jar crossover.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
IST, tell us who you swapped avs with before you die.

These fuckers:

Harold Krell
Ironic Sex Tourist
Plotterboy
Seagull
Small Keating
thatbastardken

Post your suspects, simply bandwagoning for one choice is not going to cut is this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ironic Sex Tourist
Jan 18, 2015

by XyloJW
I am bus driver I thought avd was scum so swapped her with myself because I thought I was sure to get lynched you fools

Vote plopp

• Locked thread