Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
here's a helpful hint, thread

it's either easy enough to use google to identify basic level transformers references

or it's not.

this thread seemed to think that someone tracking down the name of a semi-obscure season 1 autobot for the purposes of was either really easy (or a scum master play) but the moment it comes to other words? suddenly, it's proof of a player not helping the town!

acting like my posts are impossible to read because i used certain keywords is beyond insulting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Ironic Sex Tourist posted:

I am bus driver I thought avd was scum so swapped her with myself because I thought I was sure to get lynched you fools

Vote plopp

Think you mean killed not lynched there slick.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

I am bus driver I thought avd was scum so swapped her with myself because I thought I was sure to get lynched you fools

Vote plopp

"Many, but not all, moderators do not allow Bus Drivers to self-target (i.e. choose themselves as one of the people they swap)."

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Lid posted:

You already claimed looooooooong before this and we had a game with 1 kill on n1 and 3 kills on n2 where you information would have been valuable. It's not like your role was a mystery. But continue to be really annoyed that you had to play a game with people who are so beneathe you that they question people actions rather than just going with it, especially when said actions include defending IST for no explained reason and the Bell Jar crossover.

fine then, lid

what's your role? what name are you?

put all your information forwards, thanks

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Milky Moor posted:

here's a helpful hint, thread

it's either easy enough to use google to identify basic level transformers references

or it's not.

this thread seemed to think that someone tracking down the name of a semi-obscure season 1 autobot for the purposes of was either really easy (or a scum master play) but the moment it comes to other words? suddenly, it's proof of a player not helping the town!

acting like my posts are impossible to read because i used certain keywords is beyond insulting

:allears: continue to tell us how we should have been googling to understand your posts :allears:

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Lid posted:

:allears: continue to tell us how we should have been googling to understand your posts :allears:

please, continue to provoke conflict while ignoring my questions, 'townie'

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Vote plopp

Is this good enough for you rudatron?

Ironic Sex Tourist
Jan 18, 2015

by XyloJW
It's my birthday so I'm signing off but what I say is true

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Milky Moor posted:

i was also on my phone

you are being deliberately dense and it's loving horrible for a supposed town player

i'm not going to bat for him, learn to loving read

i want him lynched and the fact that everyone is starting to hem and haw about it is driving me up the fuckign wall when he was the ONLY ONE TO VISIT AVSHALOM AND HE HAS NO DEFENCE EXCEPT 'lol bus driver'

i guess i misunderstood because i read this

Milky Moor posted:

now, i'm going to come out here and throw some more loving rocks because i want this town to wake up for five seconds and realise that there's multiple things going on

for one, i'm going to mention that black_tangled might not be a watcher. rather, she might be a vanilla townie (i am using the normal words so you can understand me easily :) ) who is in communication with a watcher. that way, there is a scum kill on ironic sex tourist and the actual watcher is not put under threat. OR, if tangled is scum, then the scum watcher is ALSO safe.
as a pretty obvious attempt to shift scrutiny off soag and onto bt

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

shock, horror, i thought the town might be loving pro-active instead of having to have things spoonfed to them because they couldn't see an obvious loving pattern emerging

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

i feel in my inner nugs that a vote for soag is a bad vote

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Fruity Gordo posted:

i guess i misunderstood because i read this
as a pretty obvious attempt to shift scrutiny off soag and onto bt

no, i believe that BT is part of a group. that group is either a masonry (which i think there is one and i think lid is also a part of it) or a scum team.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Milky Moor posted:

please, continue to provoke conflict while ignoring my questions, 'townie'

You asked one and I am pointedly not claiming because its day two and a mass claim is not what I was after, the only reaosn you got outted was because you already breadcrumbed your role and your outcomes would be useful as your role would help explain a discrepancy from 1 kill night 1 to 3 kills night 2. I will note that one thing you haven't mentioned is that if Kommando is scum what is stopping a different scum member from performing the kill and leaving Kommando blocked? It would explain night 1 and nigh2 and put Kommando as a member of a scum team. Just putting it out there.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Milky Moor posted:

no, i believe that BT is part of a group. that group is either a masonry (which i think there is one and i think lid is also a part of it) or a scum team.

I'm not in a masonry. I am also not scum.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Lid posted:

You asked one and I am pointedly not claiming because its day two and a mass claim is not what I was after, the only reaosn you got outted was because you already breadcrumbed your role and your outcomes would be useful as your role would help explain a discrepancy from 1 kill night 1 to 3 kills night 2. I will note that one thing you haven't mentioned is that if Kommando is scum what is stopping a different scum member from performing the kill and leaving Kommando blocked? It would explain night 1 and nigh2 and put Kommando as a member of a scum team. Just putting it out there.

identify yourself, lid

Lid posted:

You know what sucks in a mafia game? Players who have information and are town and keep it to themselves.

Fuckface the Hedgehog
Jun 12, 2007

PEOPLE BACKED OFF BECAUSE THEY ARE A BUNCH OF IDIOTS AND AS SOON AS ONE BACKS OFF, EVERYONE BACKS OFF

WHEN THE LYNCH IS ON, THE LYNCH IS ON! ffs why dont you people GET THIS

bandwagons are a good thing and how you win mafia

good idea scroag

##vote Ironic Sex Tourist

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

lid: explain everything milky
milky: [explains everything]
milky: et tu, lid?
lid: i would never reveal information

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Good riddance, Ironic Sex Tourist!

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

##vote lid

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

bell jar posted:

lid: explain everything milky
milky: [explains everything]
milky: et tu, lid?
lid: i would never reveal information

Lid posted:

You know what sucks in a mafia game? Players who have information and are town and keep it to themselves.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

welp, we're all hosed. thanks plott for dropping the scum hammer

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

thread postin

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

postin in the thread

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
As the day progresses the Autobot who fingered SHRAPNEL gets increasingly insufferable.

"I told you he was a Decepticon but you all took too long to work it out!"

"Yeah, we got that."

"I mean I know you're slow and all but even a DINOBOT could see I was right."

"Yeah okay thanks"

"Prime should just put me in charge of this investigation, I'm the only one doing any work!"

"THAT DOES IT!"

-------------------

Optimus Prime: "How bad is it, Ratchet? Has he recovered from his wounds?"

Ratchet: "Sorry Optimus, I.. he's.. he's not going to recover. They attached his exhaust port to his... there was... There was a lot of internal damage. I'm.. I'm sorry Prime.."

HEROIC AUTOBOT HUFFER was uh.. well..

(Happy Birthday RIP Ironic Sex Tourist, Town Bus Driver)

------------------

Night Actions. NOW.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

UPDATE

Seaspray: "Well time's up, Friends! All this time on land is making me nauseous, if you need me I'll be sunning myself on the shores of Australia!"

SEASPRAY transforms into a boat and sets off for Australia!

HEROIC AUTOBOT SEASPRAY has been stopped.

(RIP kommando, vanilla town)

-------------

A reminder you have an hour and a half to get night actions to me, still a few missing.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

DAY OF THE DECEPTICONS

Episode 4

Large portions of the Autobot's ship, THE ARK are now severely damaged, both from the intial impact and the destruction from the previous night.

One Autobot moves through the wreckage, looking for any lost or straggling survivors. Looking for allies. Looking to help.

Ratchet: "Blasted Decepticons, how am I meant to tend to the wounded when all our equiptment's been reduced to slag? Someone needs to straighten them out!"

Lurking Figure: "actually we'd rather straighten you out Doc, permanently!"

A shot in the dark. A hero falls. Hope grows ever dimmer.

HEROIC AUTOBOT MEDIC RATCHET has been struck down.

(RIP Mithranderp, Town Doctor)

---------------------------------

Optimus Prime: "Our security, our guards, and now our medical team. This is no normal Decepticon ploy, this is a precision strike. We took our safety in numbers for granted, and now we are paying for it. No more, Autobots. It ends today. Megatron must be stopped, no matter the cost."

DAY 4 Begins

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Well well, another Autobot name with a fitting role.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

So, I don't really want to do this simply because of what happened to Anidav, but I'm going to.

I have said before that Lid is either scum or a Mason. For some one who is so adamant against giving the town any information, he sure seemed fine with taking it from me. So, I'm going to put him into a position where he can either clam up further or start giving us something to work with.

I think names are important. I think Decepticon names are following a pattern, and I think any other groups in this game will follow a similar pattern. I think Lid refuses to give up his name because it would prove me right - that we have at least one masonry that follows a pattern, or he is scum (and I don't think the scum are brave enough to claim the names I think are masons or knowledgeable enough to claim an Autobot that fits the pattern).

I'm also going to mention that I've played Mafia with Lid before. In that game, Lid went hard on Mills. Mills had a ridiculous power that rendered him utterly immune from night kills, only vulnerable to lynches. Mills was a townie. Mills was, in fact, in a town-aligned masonry with myself.

Lid was also a townie. Lid got it into his head that two townies openly declaring their allegiance, roles and status as masons was a 'scum gambit' and that the only way to prove it was lynching Mills, the guy who claimed to be immune to nightkills, and not Milky, the guy who claimed to be in the masonry and had no helpful powers (bus driver).

Mills ended up lynched on Day 2.

Lid refused to play ball and did much like what he has done the past couple of pages. He threw a whole lot insults, pleaded ignorance to basic concepts and generally acted obstructive. In fact, Lid even claimed that Mills and I were insulting Bell Jar by making up stupid rules and roles! This behavior, therefore, doesn't really prove whether he is scum or not but it does prove that he's a moron who plays for himself first and foremost. However, Lid argued that theme was not important (when he wasn't misinterpreting it to try and lynch Mills and I, of course) - and theme was actually what proved that Mills and I were a town-aligned masonry.

Look at the pattern.

So, all in all, it proves that Lid can and will gently caress over the town simply because he can and because he is absurdly petty. The town still won that game but it was far more difficult than it had any right to be because the town had a certain person in it who was deliberately making things difficult. Because of Lid, that game came right down to the last possible lynch.

So, thread, I'm going to put it to you. I suggest we put Lid to a crucible and burn away all his bullshit to figure out what he's up to. He'll either provide us information or he will be lynched. The latter, while a problem, is not insurmountable and I'd much rather have a less hostile town than one that is being led around by a belligerent moron who has made the exact same mistakes in the past.

I've been forced to put all my cards on the table. Role and name and my actions over the past nights. No one has questioned them. No one has any counter-evidence. In fact, Kommando is an Autobot - like I've claimed. Lid has refused to provide anything, despite claiming that no member of the town should with-hold information from anyone else.

With this in my mind, and remembering his previous behavior, I think there is a good case that Lid is suspicious enough to be voted for.

##vote Lid

The best thing about this, though?

The last time I had to deal with Lid and his obstructive bullshit, he tried calling out to me for help to try and turn the bandwagon off him, even thought he had spent the entire game until that point calling me scum. Lid plays for Lid.

I do not think Lid is playing with the best interest of the town in mind. He is scum, mason or completely and utterly rogue. I want confirmation or I want his ambiguities removed.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

There's one more thing I'm going to reiterate.

Names continue to have meaning. Huffer is self-explanatory to anyone who knows Auspol. Huffer is also pretty much only known for really moving things - usually Optimus Prime's trailer. And he's a bus driver.

Okay, that might have been chosen for the name and the role.

So, I'd also like to point out that TOML was Prowl, a police car, known for his logic and reason and for being a bit uptight. And he's a cop.

I'll admit that I don't know enough about Beet to comment on his suitability as Ironhide or about Mith to comment on them as being Ratchet.

I had Avshalom pegged as Arcee because she's the only girl Autobot, however, Arcee came from later in the series than all these other characters. That is another point for the pattern. Bumblebee is young, inexperienced, eager to prove themselves and generally well-liked. Oh, and they have a pet of another species.

Now, as far as Black_Tangled goes, Perceptor fits that role claim. The pattern, however, is slightly more nebulous and I was prepared to call them out on it for not fitting as I only remember him from being outside the time period of the others. However, he did actually appear in the time period that the rest of the characters are coming from. So, if it was a random grab for a name that fits, they knew enough to not draw any suspicion - which means they are following the pattern I am in the process of figuring out. In case it was luck, however, you'll understand if I don't outline the exact parameters of the Autobot names. This is because I still believe there are two scum teams and one of them figuring out the pattern does not mean the other team has.

So, with all of this in mind, are we really going to continue telling me that these names have no meaning?

Basically, I think Autobots with roles were given to Auspol posters with some reference to their personality or history. I think vanilla Autobots were assigned at random or with less attention to detail.

I would have liked longer to build this case into something more airtight but Lid - surprise surprise - forced my hand. Ask yourself why that is. Ask yourself why he has gone from 'I know who Milky is based on his breadcrumbing' (when he also claims that he couldn't understand my posts) to making me lay everything out in exacting detail. I don't like the idea of having a member of the town who does nothing but make us show our information while giving us nothing in return.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

With these posts, I think I've given more than enough for today. Start holding Lid accountable. Someone who plays as recklessly as he does tends to be either completely maverick (for whatever reason) or has a support network.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Well that's a lot to digest in the morning! I'll think it over while I'm at the Greens stall for a few hours. By the way, I switched to peeking on Lid last night, and once again saw absolutely nothing.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Speaking of actions, I blocked someone different last night and we only had one kill.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
Ok, first of all, I am sorry about being away last night.

I've gone back and re-read the thread, and I am pretty adamant we've identified three scum.
I can't believe we are dumb enough that we got talked into killing soag, after he killed webmeister. There was no way that scum would throw another scum under the bus like that as it doesn't achieve enough to be useful: it cost them one scum to maybe sort of make soag look innocent.

Of course, it was a bullshit argument from scum, which is why it doesn't make sense.

##vote black_tangled

But, lets go and quote some posts for more interesting stuff!

black_tangled posted:

IST has been pushing for Plotterboy as a deflection from him and Lid.

##vote ironic sex tourist

This is a cute lie from b_t has it is a half truth, as the campaign against IST was to save Plott (who is almost definitely scum)

GoldStandardConure posted:

I'm thinking IST is scum, as a quick read through the thread shows him as the only one flinging accusations at beet, trying to get a vote train happening on him, and then beet turns out to be a bodyguard (I can't really figure out if beet was killed protecting someone or not). And his whole thing against beet was that he was defending Avs, who also turned out to be town.

(aside from my day one shitvote against beet, which he still deserves for robo-sassing perth).

I mean I might change my mind later on but I'm going to throw my vote down now as I might not get a chance later on today as I am heading straight from work to an art gallery, and by the time I get home from that it'll be well and truly passed Gaspys bedtime.

[b]##vote Ironic Sex Tourist[b]

Here's GSC, who very rarely posts, popping his head in to help out his scum mates. "IST is scum" - no mention of the webmeister thing.

I think the real question is:

do we lynch b_t, who made this risky play knowing she'd probably die to save Plott, or do we let her live for today and kill Plott, who must be important?

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

I put a watch on Belljar with no result. I too have Lid for Scum. Belljar called Lid out on his "tell us your whole strategy Milky oh wait nah can't tell you my poo poo".

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Splode posted:

I've gone back and re-read the thread, and I am pretty adamant we've identified three scum.
I can't believe we are dumb enough that we got talked into killing soag, after he killed webmeister. There was no way that scum would throw another scum under the bus like that as it doesn't achieve enough to be useful: it cost them one scum to maybe sort of make soag look innocent.

Of course, it was a bullshit argument from scum, which is why it doesn't make sense.

##vote black_tangled

This is a cute lie from b_t has it is a half truth, as the campaign against IST was to save Plott (who is almost definitely scum)

Here's GSC, who very rarely posts, popping his head in to help out his scum mates. "IST is scum" - no mention of the webmeister thing.

do we lynch b_t, who made this risky play knowing she'd probably die to save Plott, or do we let her live for today and kill Plott, who must be important?

I've blocked Plott. We had only one kill. I will continue to block him, so, we don't need to waste the lynch.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Milky Moor posted:

I've blocked Plott. We had only one kill. I will continue to block him, so, we don't need to waste the lynch.

Excellent, well done Milky. So b_t today then?

BTW, I completely agree with your effort post of Lid. I'm pretty sure he was given a town-aligned role, but he's a super lovely player with a limited understanding of the long term goals, which makes him play for himself. That's why he is tripping out everybody's scum radars.

I wouldn't at all oppose lynching him, however, I'm very confident b_t and GSC are both scum, and I was right about Tirade wasn't I?

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Also look at this guy:

Plotterboy posted:

Happy birthday soag I got you a hammer I hope you like it.

:3:

Taunting poor scroag. This is why you don't post outside the thread about mafia, btw, it can and will be used against you.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Splode posted:

##vote black_tangled

So firstly, I hosed up. I made too strong a conclusion about IST and it wasn't helped by his not being available to fully defend himself. I thought he was unable to construct a defense and jumped on the lifeline that Belljar offered (the bus driver thing) which I thought was pretty convenient. However, if you look through, I didn't push for a hammer until IST responded.

Since IST is not scum, we should look at Plotterboy. I will be doing just that. But then I think I'll be looking at everyone today.

As for why a scum would push to kill their own, its not unheard of as a strategic move. I haven't played a game with two scum teams but potentially could it have been a scum v scum without them knowing?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Splode posted:

Excellent, well done Milky. So b_t today then?

BTW, I completely agree with your effort post of Lid. I'm pretty sure he was given a town-aligned role, but he's a super lovely player with a limited understanding of the long term goals, which makes him play for himself. That's why he is tripping out everybody's scum radars.

I wouldn't at all oppose lynching him, however, I'm very confident b_t and GSC are both scum, and I was right about Tirade wasn't I?

My thoughts are B_T or Lid. B_T fits the Autobot pattern, so, I think it is more likely that B_T made a mistake. Remember, B_T's information was correct - but IST wasn't a killer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

black_tangled posted:

So firstly, I hosed up. I made too strong a conclusion about IST and it wasn't helped by his not being available to fully defend himself. I thought he was unable to construct a defense and jumped on the lifeline that Belljar offered (the bus driver thing) which I thought was pretty convenient. However, if you look through, I didn't push for a hammer until IST responded.

Since IST is not scum, we should look at Plotterboy. I will be doing just that. But then I think I'll be looking at everyone today.

As for why a scum would push to kill their own, its not unheard of as a strategic move. I haven't played a game with two scum teams but potentially could it have been a scum v scum without them knowing?

It could be, but in the end, it was a looooong shot theory that proved to be false. I was half pissed and singing karaoke tonight and I was going "nah buullllshiiiiiiiiiiiit"

That said, it's given us enough information I'm pretty sure we can win this as town.

Plott is scum, 100% confirmed from correlating evidence
You look really suss from this gently caress up, but to be fair, that sort of campaign is really, really bad scum play, as you get yourself killed in exchange for just one townie. I almost want to give you the benefit of the doubt.
GSC is suss as gently caress too, what are your thoughts on that?

##unvote

• Locked thread