Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Davfff
Oct 27, 2008

tanglewood1420 posted:

Sounds like that dumb Cricket Max thing where you could hit a 12.

cricket max was never dumb :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Does getting some tatty memorabilia made mean Steve Smith has truly made it?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
That ravi bopara wicket is maxwell level idiocy

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Smorgasbord posted:

Because Styris has been his friend and traveled around the world with him for about 15 years and probably knows a thing or two about his food preferences?

I dunno if it's a south Auckland thing but Samoans liking kfc is a thing and probably not appropriate to say in a commentary box. I am 100 percent sure it wasn't intentional, but someone might have been offended.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Byolante posted:

That ravi bopara wicket is maxwell level idiocy

But Maxwell would do it on his first ball with 5 wickets down in the 20th over of a test match.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I dunno if it's a south Auckland thing but Samoans liking kfc is a thing and probably not appropriate to say in a commentary box. I am 100 percent sure it wasn't intentional, but someone might have been offended.

Heaven forbid someone gets offended!

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Airstream Driver posted:

I can't imagine anyone getting offended in this thread.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Shut up.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

If Shaun Marsh wins us this game I'm going to be sad.

Davfff
Oct 27, 2008
so what do u aussies think of david warner?

i think he's a nice chap and a great ambassador for your country

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Why.

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

Darsh may be fairly awful in just about every way but gosh he's pretty when he's going.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Davfff posted:

so what do u aussies think of david warner?

i think he's a nice chap and a great ambassador for your country

Basically this. Rumour is his next book will be in Hindi so he can reach a global audience.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Airstream Driver posted:

Err, I don't care if anyone gets offended, I'm just explaining why someone might get offended. If that gets your knickers in a twist, you're definitely very stupid.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:

Airstream Driver posted:

If Shaun Marsh wins us this game I'm going to be sad.

He's played two ODIs previously at this ground for scores of 78 and 110 so probably

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Marsh is a fine one day cricketer, he just should be kept 150km away from the test side at all times

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

If you jump to that then maybe it is you who is the racist?

I know plenty of people - Samoan and otherwise - who enjoy KFC and we regularly joke about each other and our KFC liking ways.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Smorgasbord posted:

If you jump to that then maybe it is you who is the racist?

I know plenty of people - Samoan and otherwise - who enjoy KFC and we regularly joke about each other and our KFC liking ways.

I thought it was funny, but recognised it as something you might not want to say. As did Simon Doull who immediately was like "wtf, you shouldn't say that".

Dumb Username
Oct 20, 2012
So, "Good" length is now "Salmon" length? gently caress you, Channel 9.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Err, I don't care if anyone gets offended, I'm just explaining why someone might get offended. If that gets your knickers in a twist, you're definitely very stupid.

Glad to hear it bud. You don't need to get defensive!

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The "I have x race friends, and they have never been offended by offensive thing" is something that would be lampooned in a late season simpson episode. It's a pathetic thing to say.

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo

RideTheSpiral posted:

Good bet imo

Not so sure about that at this point. :saddowns:

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

I've been watching all day and I just want to see maxwell do something dumb

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

cpaf posted:

I've been watching all day and I just want to see maxwell do something dumb

That's the reason we're all here.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Dumb Username posted:

So, "Good" length is now "Salmon" length? gently caress you, Channel 9.

Yeah what a joke. I hate this commentary team

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

The "I have x race friends, and they have never been offended by offensive thing" is something that would be lampooned in a late season simpson episode. It's a pathetic thing to say.

Tbf if you (I don't mean you) get offended by people who know you (I don't mean you) suggesting you (I don't mean you) eat a lot of fried chicken maybe you (I don't mean you) should stop eating so much fried chicken.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Isn't having two new balls a mental idea.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Airstream Driver posted:

Tbf if you (I don't mean you) get offended by people who know you (I don't mean you) suggesting you (I don't mean you) eat a lot of fried chicken maybe you (I don't mean you) should stop eating so much fried chicken.

Tbf you (yes you) sound like you (you) have a learning difficulty.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Tbf you (yes you) sound like you (you) have a learning difficulty.

Consider me offended.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
KFC gonna make the West Indians grovel.

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo
Hey! They finally did it!

Davfff
Oct 27, 2008
whats worse, making jokes about ross taylor liking kfc or that time that nzc gave recovering (at the time) alcoholic jesse ryder a bottle of champagne for his man of the match performance a few years back

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

Bloody Darsh

Edit: Bloody Australia

masterpine fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Jan 23, 2015

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Why do the selectors insist on going for proven losers. Like white and darsh.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Lmao a Finnspirational performance.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Australia will still win anyway

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
gently caress poo poo Anderson

dusty
Nov 30, 2004

Are the NZ Sky commentators worse than ever? yes It's a crying shame more of them can't be removed for max fixing. Even Ian Smith is a fuckwad these days - too much exposure to the cunts who call the rugby. Whoever is providing the Sri Lankan colour commentary is just a whinging little bitch.

I've just had to turn the Sky audio off. On the plus side the endless stream of scrotum and poo jokes on the ACC is pretty solid - even with audio 30 seconds out of sync it's preferable to the double intellects of Squeaky Styris and Simon Drool.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Maxwell twice in a row did the same dumb thing and barely survived via poor fielding I hate him so much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
Why would you have a scrub fielder like Jimmy Anderson at short midwicket?