Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Those last 10 overs hosed England. They really should work on that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

It's typical England, they'd have been happy with 300 when 350 was needed. They're 10 years behind everyone else.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Yay for Smith. Excellent hundred with all the clowns in the rest of the line up sucking.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Lmao at haddin.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Slower balls...how do they work...

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
top shelf haddin

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

:australia:

Doesn't look too annoyed with himself

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

Airstream Driver posted:

Those last 10 overs hosed England. They really should work on that.

And their last 10 overs bowling as well. Thought they had this and just been outclassed

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Jon Von Anchovi posted:

Doesn't look too annoyed with himself

He did his job just a silly way to get out.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Just have a swing son. A top edge would probably do it.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

lol

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
It's happening?

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Two Bad Teams

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Moises was clearly making GBS threads himself and just wanted off strike.

subroc
Jun 5, 2004

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Mitchell Bevan

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Smith saves us again what a shitshow.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Good chase considering it wasn't a great batting lineup.

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax
England can't even beat the B-team.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
the gently caress happened

i go away for two minutes and it goes from "australia are walking to this" to "ONE NEEDED OFF TWO!!!"

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Is Bopara in the side for his looks or is he generally pretty good?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Airstream Driver posted:

Is Bopara in the side for his looks or is he generally pretty good?

He is there so Bumble can say 'Oh ravi, no ravi no'

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

IceAgeComing posted:

the gently caress happened

i go away for two minutes and it goes from "australia are walking to this" to "ONE NEEDED OFF TWO!!!"

this happens when you have scrubs like henriques and white in the team

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Steve Smith, Aussie captain and literally the best batsman by a mile - the player only a couple of months ago they dropped because he wasnt enough of a oval office for Michael Clarke's liking.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Cat Terrist posted:

Steve Smith, Aussie captain and literally the best batsman by a mile - the player only a couple of months ago they dropped because he wasnt enough of a oval office for Michael Clarke's liking.
Boof will have to get the screen out for Clarke soon so this kind of poo poo ends.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Having to listen to the ABC coverage on 5Live was loving horrible. Please send out the proper TMS lot, BBC.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Lungboy posted:

Having to listen to the ABC coverage on 5Live was loving horrible. Please send out the proper TMS lot, BBC.

Did it hurt your feelings to listen to cricket pundits who don't think england are going to win the world cup. I have heard 2 podcasts since the first ODI loss to Australia last week say that they are still going to win.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Broad left the last ball of the innings and tried to run a bye. England ODI tactics.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Byolante posted:

Did it hurt your feelings to listen to cricket pundits who don't think england are going to win the world cup. I have heard 2 podcasts since the first ODI loss to Australia last week say that they are still going to win.

Errr but England ARE going to win the world cup :confused:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Beating Ireland in the final by 2 wickets, after chasing down the mammoth total of 214.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

goatface posted:

Beating Scotland in the final by 2 wickets, after chasing down the mammoth total of 214.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

I was reading an interesting article about Smith. Apparently when he dropped out of school he was considering becoming English (his mother is English) because he thought he would have been able to make a better living from county cricket had he failed to make the step up to international cricket.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Ryan Harris nearly played for England as well

Sam Hain (what a great name) is the latest ex-Aus under 19s to declare for England and is supposedly poo poo hot, but tbf from the sounds of it he always wanted to play for England

Lionel Richie fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Jan 23, 2015

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Just reading the guardian comment section on an article about sledging. You English really hate Warner lol. Its like you guys think he is some barbarian that Cricket Australia keeps in a little cage to be released on match day. He is a bit of an oaf but hes not that bad.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Just reading the guardian comment section on an article about sledging. You English really hate Warner lol. Its like you guys think he is some barbarian that Cricket Australia keeps in a little cage to be released on match day. He is a bit of an oaf but hes not that bad.

He really is that bad.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

He is the Australian version of James Anderson.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He's the WG Grace to our delicate Victorian sensibilities. His frightful attitude and gamesmanship are ruining the gentlemanly game!

Anderson should be told to shut the gently caress up by the umpires more often as well.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

That goes without saying. I don't care about sledging but the umpires should tell the biggest and more blatant offenders to pipe down.

Also I find it hard to believe that Warner didn't understand sharma. He has spent enough time in India to pick up the swears. Hence why he said in his non apology that he couldn't speak Hindi theoretically. I don't think Warner is as much a racist as he is an oaf that was just trying to wind sharma up but he should have been suspended.

I guess its the mixed messages the ICC send. David Warner makes millions of dollars a year. He is very likely to have life time earnings from cricket when he retires well into the 50 million territory. So fining him is pointless. Its just an arsehole tax for millionaire idiots because the ICC actually wants players to sledge one another.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009

RideTheSpiral posted:

He really is that bad.

Anderson is every bit as bad, he's just far smarter and does that thing where he puts his hand over his mouth when he calls people cunts.