Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Yes, I can also recommend Servant x Service. Very funny and without that creepy pedo MC from Working.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

aers posted:

The staff have tweeted that the meeting scene in episode 14 was recorded before the animation so they could animate it afterwards with errors left in, to make it more realistic.

What sort of errors? Mis-spoken dialogue?

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

sincx posted:

What sort of errors? Mis-spoken dialogue?
Her rear end isn't really that great.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I think it's less errors and more that they don't have to match the lip flaps this way.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

They said "セリフを噛んだ所", so it's places where they said the wrong thing, stuttered, stuff like that.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

I could imagine it was more fun to let the VAs ad-lib those scenes and then make animation fit that, yes.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

rear end man never got instructions to talk about rear end, he just loves the rear end

DarciisFyer
May 4, 2009
No wonder, there was a noticeably awkward pause in the middle of when rear end man says "Why won't anybody listen to what I say!". Plus his voice breaks a little at the beginning of the line, like he was trying to hold back laughter.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Think about the poor girl who is typing up the minutes of that meeting.

Finally caught up with this. Does anyone else have the suspicion that the new PA is there to out-Tarou Tarou? Note how he says he has worked for 5 years, and each time in a different company.....

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
He is Tarou's evolved form.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

He seems stand-offish but if he's able to get his work done efficiently then he'll be better than Tarou.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Ccs posted:

He seems stand-offish but if he's able to get his work done efficiently then he'll be better than Tarou.

I don't know, I get the feeling that the line 'anyone must be better than Tarou' is going to look awfully ironic.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
5 jobs in 5 years in Japan sounds like he's highly skilled, but also has an awful personality and keeps jumping from ship to ship.

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

it's been 15 years but im still upset that yamato became an astronaut and yet absolutely no one joined the federation since thats actually more plausible than that ending
The fact that he recommended Studio.. Titanic, was it? Doesn't exactly reassure me.

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

it's been 15 years but im still upset that yamato became an astronaut and yet absolutely no one joined the federation since thats actually more plausible than that ending
Well, now that we know FOR SURE that the manga liaison is unreliable, hopefully they'll be able to get a direct line to the creator?? Maybe it's naive of me to say, but redoing the character designs doesn't seem that bad? They still have all the backgrounds and the music and the plane footage... unless none of those things will go with the style of the new character designs.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

vivisecting posted:

Well, now that we know FOR SURE that the manga liaison is unreliable, hopefully they'll be able to get a direct line to the creator?? Maybe it's naive of me to say, but redoing the character designs doesn't seem that bad? They still have all the backgrounds and the music and the plane footage... unless none of those things will go with the style of the new character designs.

I would think animation is the most time-consuming aspect of animation. Also, if they're complaining about this now, who knows what other demands they might have that weren't communicated properly?

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Haha, oh man that editor hosed them really hard. They're going to have to redo all the key frames at the very least. So much for trying to be on top of things now!

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
That. Fucker.

Hahah I knew he was going to make things a problem :mad:

I liked the new animator girl though as an aside just because it was fun watchin her little ahoge deedlybopper bounce when she freaked out.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Having had way too much experience working with people exactly like that ("Everything's fine!" until suddenly everything's NOT fine and YOU have to fix THEIR fuckup), I wish I could reach through my TV and throttle him to death :argh:

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
The most edumacational of episodes.

Also the most terrifying.

Mikl posted:

Having had way too much experience working with people exactly like that ("Everything's fine!" until suddenly everything's NOT fine and YOU have to fix THEIR fuckup), I wish I could reach through my TV and throttle him to death :argh:

Seriously. gently caress that guy.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Man, Tarou didn't gently caress up this week. Not even once.

This is ominous.

Arkeus
Jul 21, 2013

Fangz posted:

This is ominous.

Funny story about that....

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Pretty great episode. The dolls work much betetr as a greek chorus/exposition dump than as random delusions.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

MonsieurChoc posted:

Pretty great episode. The dolls work much betetr as a greek chorus/exposition dump than as random delusions.

Seeing Roro the bear crawl on all four legs was a bit of a shock. I though he walked upright?

.Clash
Apr 10, 2009
Fuuuuuck that editor.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Fangz posted:

This is ominous.

We have found the true Tarou. I dub him Tarou 2.:argh:

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

MonsieurChoc posted:

eh i like the show a lot, but i can't stand the dolls. how heavy this episode was on them was very painful for me

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Eh, I don't mind the dolls as a representation of her stress in moments of panic, but having them exposit every last little thing gets old fast. I think they might be more tolerable if you think of them as Aoi's characterization. So she's actually insulting all her coworkers in her head all the time, but is too polite to ever drop her fake smile.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
The first time they showed the dolls talking they showed Aoi voicing what they were saying, so yes it is literally Aoi being sick of meetings while telling herself to be patient.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Gee, that should have been a complete surprise for exactly NOBODY! The proper response is of course to tell him tough. He already gave the approval to start. It's too late, he should've said something earlier and to get a new editor that doesn't suck and won't actively sabotage the project.

Poil fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jan 23, 2015

Arkeus
Jul 21, 2013

Poil posted:

Gee, that should have been a complete surprise for exactly NOBODY! The proper response is of course to tell him tough. He already gave the approval to start. It's too late, he should've said something earlier and to get a new editor that doesn't suck and won't actively sabotage the project.

"Saying something" isn't signing in on it.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

He actually never told them if the author approved anything. Just that it wouldn't be a problem. Turned out it was and they're hosed, kind of. Japan is pretty big on author's rights so they shouldn't have been doing anything without his go ahead but scheduling and excitement of a big series got the better of the producers. Hopefully what ever the problem the author had with the character designs is minor then it's just them being behind a bit.

The next episode is titled Table Flip so some one is probably going to lose their poo poo. Maybe Aoi will finally have that full on psychotic break.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

I really hope the new animator has a character beyond "cute girl who can barely speak." Her scenes were just terrible.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

dogsicle posted:

I really hope the new animator has a character beyond "cute girl who can barely speak." Her scenes were just terrible.

Really? I thought she was adorable. And I can so see someone like that being into anime and becoming a key animator.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Speaking of new characters, I really like the two new production assistants, especially Tsubaki. She's just so happy about being able to work in anime! :3:

I hope her enthusiasm isn't crushed by the weight of reality in the next few episodes...

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

paragon1 posted:

We have found the true Tarou. I dub him Tarou 2.:argh:

I wonder what happens when we go even further beyond?

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Tarou 3 is obviously gonna be Studio Titanic/the new production assistant guy, except they'll stealth in at the last second, MusAni will fail to air on time, the company will lose any reputation it had, and go bankrupt with no new projects. The series will end with everyone except Emi and the college student starving to death because no one dares hire a person with the MusAni curse on them

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

sincx posted:

Really? I thought she was adorable. And I can so see someone like that being into anime and becoming a key animator.

I mostly thought her animation was adorable. she's still pretty flat as a character though.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

sincx posted:

Her introduction was just really weak compared to Andou and Satou, who are already high on my list of favorites. What little screentime the animator had was for an extended gag about a bug on the director's shirt. I don't know if she's just timid or afraid of bugs or what.

e: And the implication that her assigned work was beyond Ema's ability seemed weird considering how flustered and incompetent she seemed in comparison.

dogsicle fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Jan 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Artists can be like that though. Totally unable to regularly communicate with humans, but beasts at their trade.

• Locked thread