Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I've tried playing the original zelda since I got it on the virtual console for buying a 3DS soon after launch, and it's loving hard. I have to sit here with a map open in front of me or I get horribly lost. Also you get extra heart containers as you play the game, but if you die it only ever revives you with 3 hearts and hearts are hard as poo poo to find, so even if you have like 14 hearts you only ever functionally have 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

You listen to me, kid. You look bright, so I think you're worth the trouble of an explanation.

Have you ever strayed into the tall grass, and find yourself staring down a rabbit the size of a dog? Incisors big enough to bite your head clean off? What's more, this vorpal bunny that isn't exactly a vegetarian? Have you felt the fear of the unnatural? No, you haven't. Of course you haven't. It's because of the blood and grit of better men that you haven't.

Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by Guards with Mithril Swords. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Returner Scum? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Leafers, and you curse the Narshe Guard. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Leafer's deaths, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a drat what you think you are entitled to.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Epsilon Plus posted:

Tell me if I missed you. PMs are being prepared.

What am I, chopped liver?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
Whoops. Also added Max22. I forgot that I was at work when some of you signed up.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

PMs are going out. Please do not post game-related matters.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
I enjoy video games.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Not Voting (18): Allen Wren, Amnistar, apostateCourier, Asiina, CapitalistPig, CirclMastr, Ernie., EXAKT Science, Gamerofthegame, Harold Krell, HiipFire, Kumbamontu, Max22, Meinberg, Pinterest Mom, Poison Mushroom, Quidnose, Somberbrero

With 18 alive, it's 10 votes to lynch. There is currently no deadline set.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

You gather in a clearing near Dr. Light's Lab. You are all totally confused. This is the worst attempt to kill Mega Man ever.

It is Day 1! Please confirm you have received your PMs in-thread. Also PM me if I horribly hosed up your role PM. I don't think I did.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

##vote krell

ROLLING STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAART!

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

I have my PM.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
Confirming Role PM.

-#Vote Meinberg

Meinberg you have been selected to play a game! The rules of the game are simple, simply tell me who you would most want to be on your team as Scum, and who you would most want to be on your team as Town?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Confirming!

##vote Krell turbo turbo go go go!!

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Amnistar posted:

Confirming Role PM.

-#Vote Meinberg

Meinberg you have been selected to play a game! The rules of the game are simple, simply tell me who you would most want to be on your team as Scum, and who you would most want to be on your team as Town?

*edit

And why.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

##vote Krell

legit the only one here who could be a random block fucker

gently caress those fuckers

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Gamerofthegame posted:

##vote Krell

legit the only one here who could be a random block fucker

gently caress those fuckers

this is a weird reason but i like your speed, brah

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
##vote apostateCourier

Screwed up the Rolling Start. :colbert:

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Poison Mushroom posted:

##vote apostateCourier

Screwed up the Rolling Start. :colbert:

But the spirit is there! What'd I screw up, anyway?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Here, let me show you how it's supposed to be done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zrtl41oZxOA

##vote Krell

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Hi, I'm Fragrance Man from mega man 78

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Honestly if we're gonna link to youtube for thinks, at least make it relevant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6L9bUouDr8

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Poison Mushroom posted:

Here, let me show you how it's supposed to be done.

##vote Krell

If I was really on the ball I would've posted capps' secret santa video.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Amnistar posted:

Honestly if we're gonna link to youtube for thinks, at least make it relevant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6L9bUouDr8
I used to like Duane and BrandO, but over time, I noticed that they kind of have some really deep-seated issues with women that they should probably seek professional help for.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Poison Mushroom posted:

I used to like Duane and BrandO, but over time, I noticed that they kind of have some really deep-seated issues with women that they should probably seek professional help for.

I can't argue with that. I enjoy this song, but that line always made me cringe a little bit.

The rest of this song though is entertaining though :)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Amnistar posted:

I can't argue with that. I enjoy this song, but that line always made me cringe a little bit.

The rest of this song though is entertaining though :)
If it was just one or two songs, it'd be easy enough to overlook, but it comes up in just about every song, and their defense of it hasn't done much to convince me otherwise.

Battletoads is the one that really made me realize how bad it is, though.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I have my PM.

##vote Krell

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

You hear the voice of Dr. Wily coming from a speaker in the cargo container...

Oh BTW: since we have some new players, I encourage you newbies to check the Mafia wiki at http://mafiawiki.notesmash.org/wiki/Main_Page. Also, please introduce yourselves (we are a fun community!) and feel free to ask questions (old or new - I may have not been 100% clear in your PM).

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Is this turbo of Krell something that happens frequently in games he's in? Or do I need to get worried that he's got half the votes he needs?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Amnistar posted:

Is this turbo of Krell something that happens frequently in games he's in? Or do I need to get worried that he's got half the votes he needs?
Welcome to day 1 in an SA mafia game, where everything's made up, and the votes don't matter.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

He has been a very... colorful person in the recent mafia games I've been spectating. Mostly garbage hysterics.

The first four hours don't actually mean anything, tho, no.

##unvote

So if this is a role-crazy game, would no-lynching on day one and waiting for ~*data*~ actually be good or is that still dumb?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Gamerofthegame posted:

He has been a very... colorful person in the recent mafia games I've been spectating. Mostly garbage hysterics.

The first four hours don't actually mean anything, tho, no.

##unvote

So if this is a role-crazy game, would no-lynching on day one and waiting for ~*data*~ actually be good or is that still dumb?

In general no-lynching is almost always a bad idea. In a blind set-up it becomes worse.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Confirmed!

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
confirming

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Amnistar posted:

In general no-lynching is almost always a bad idea. In a blind set-up it becomes worse.

How so? Genuinely curious.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Gamerofthegame posted:

How so? Genuinely curious.

Because we don't know what mechanics exist in a game like this so there is no telling what a night will cost us. If there is any way for multiple kills to happen then we have less time to deal with things. If there is any role that causes chaos via redirecting or something similiar the information we gain from night actions is suspect. And because in the war of unraveling night actions scum has an inherent advantage over town with a pool of knowledge that they can use to confuse and hide information from the town.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Yo, confirmed

Amnistar posted:

Confirming Role PM.

-#Vote Meinberg

also, wow rude

I'll admit to being torn, there are some quality players in this game. I think that if I was scum, I would probably want Asiina to be the most on my team. She's really good at faking scumhunting, and so would be a strategic asset in appearing valuable to town while convincing those same townies to vote out their own. Plus she's cool, and it'd be fun to shoot the poo poo with her in a doc.

As a member of town, though, I hope that Somber is also town. He's quite clever, if a bit aggressive, and having him on town is a legit asset to aid in rooting out scum, while if he's scum, even if his sometime overly aggressive attitude can prove alienating.

While we're at it, though....

##vote Krell

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Meinberg posted:

As a member of town, though,

Meinberg, why are you always so scummy right off the bat.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

Quidnose posted:

Meinberg, why are you always so scummy right off the bat.

It's my ~meta~

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

It's a bad meta you should change it :v:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I always have the biggest predisposition to believe Meinberg is town no matter how scummy he sounds, so it's not a bad meta.

I want to believe in you Meinberg!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I truly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of making their dreams come true.

:unsmigghh:

You are a little piss.

I've noticed several times that any game I try to join that you're also in, you act like a whiny baby and quit as if you're a loving martyr. Then stupid people decide to sympathize with you and kick me from the signoffs.

Well...

:devil: Congratulations! Welcome to the 7th circle of hell! :devil:

I'm going to dedicate this entire game to making your stay as miserable as possible! Aren't you lucky? :3:

To start, why don't you go ahead and retract your vote before you regret it? ;)

• Locked thread