Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Plotterboy posted:

Easy.
I don't have a power role.

Seriously you're just holding a grudge over the fact that I voted for you for throwing shade and acting like a scummy idiot.

"Don't have a power role" doesn't explain the lack of night kill, but why don't you seem at all upset that Milky has you put as 100% scum?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

rudatron posted:

Actually, I thought about it some more. My logic was that the night before, there were 3 kills, so scum has to figure that their kill went through. But suppose the scum team that did the hit on IST doesn't see his name on the list: the only reasonable conclusion is that he was swapped with someone, and there was a lot of suspicion on avs so it's not unreasonble to make that conclusion. But that's a bit of a leap, which wouldn't be too bad on it's own, but it's compounded by not knowing if IST was swapped by someone else, and not himself. The issue is the if it wasn't he himself that was the bus driver, then the alibi story wouldn't check out and IST wouldn't be a bus driver, so there'd be a lynch.

##vote

"RIP Ironic Sex Tourist, Town Bus Driver"

Why would a town lie about being swapped with someone else- he said that is what happened?

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
##unvote dammit, wow today I'm making a lot of dumb errors.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

black_tangled posted:

I think Lid is wanting to finish off Plotter so the heat will be off him.

I'm inclined to believe Milky's claim, and if true, it's better for town to focus on another player and continue to block Plotter.

There is no heat on me, there are votes on me but there is nothing approaching an honest or true case. I'm more fascinated by people who want to ignore Milky's claims of a 100% confirmed scum and then hoping "what could possibly go wrong with leaving scum alive?" as if it isn't a huge threat or dangerous because we just don't know what scum is capable of and the only tool available to town is the lynch. If you guys want to do Anidav all over again that's fine, voting for other games etc. but this is a day where we have the guy leading the charge having also said they have a 100% confirmed scum that they are willing to risk everything on and ignoring that scum may be capable of things they can't predict just to get me killed for ruining their roleplay.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
Plot what Transformer are you?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Lid posted:

There is no heat on me, there are votes on me but there is nothing approaching an honest or true case. I'm more fascinated by people who want to ignore Milky's claims of a 100% confirmed scum and then hoping "what could possibly go wrong with leaving scum alive?" as if it isn't a huge threat or dangerous because we just don't know what scum is capable of and the only tool available to town is the lynch. If you guys want to do Anidav all over again that's fine, voting for other games etc. but this is a day where we have the guy leading the charge having also said they have a 100% confirmed scum that they are willing to risk everything on and ignoring that scum may be capable of things they can't predict just to get me killed for ruining their roleplay.

Because I have the scum in a trap, Lid. You don't understand this.

If you'd just shut up for five seconds, you'd understand why leaving Plotter alive and neutered works.

You keep doing this thing where you don't get that sometimes, just sometimes, a town player might have a plan that depends on things not being spelled out so the scum can't take advantage of the information. I have that plan.

I am a town roleblocker. It is better for me to keep using my power on someone we know is scum and someone we know who almost certainly killed someone on the second night (where there wasn't more than one death last night, wow!) as opposed to not using it at all or taking a stab in the dark and possibly blocking a town-aligned vigilante or someone like a doctor, deputy-cop, watcher or whatever else we might have left.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Milky Moor posted:

Because I have the scum in a trap, Lid. You don't understand this.

If you'd just shut up for five seconds, you'd understand why leaving Plotter alive and neutered works.

You keep doing this thing where you don't get that sometimes, just sometimes, a town player might have a plan that depends on things not being spelled out so the scum can't take advantage of the information. I have that plan.

I am a town roleblocker. It is better for me to keep using my power on someone we know is scum and someone we know who almost certainly killed someone on the second night (where there wasn't more than one death last night, wow!) as opposed to not using it at all or taking a stab in the dark and possibly blocking a town-aligned vigilante or someone like a doctor, deputy-cop, watcher or whatever else we might have left.

No, I get your plan. I think it's stupid because it assumes that leaving scum alive is in anyway beneficial even if you say "taking a shot in the dark". Look at what town is dead - 3 cops and a doctor. Scum, if Plotter is scum, will just send someone else off to kill. You know who the voyeur is, you know who the watcher is so you won't choose them. in fact you'd have to try pretty loving hard to hit a town power role at this point. But no, instead lynch the vanilla Jazz with the scum with 100% of their power roles still alive because "you have a plan".

Between the two of us Milky I'm not the one playing for themselves here.

Fuckface the Hedgehog
Jun 12, 2007

Why should you be saved lid? What's your role? Or are you just going to ignore the question again and go on yet another rant?

Why should anyone not vote for you when you've been stirring up poo poo that doesn't stick the entire game?

Personally I thing you're a vigalante, and haven't made a kill to try and get me in the poo poo.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
He already roleclaimed vanilla

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Plotterboy posted:

Why should you be saved lid? What's your role? Or are you just going to ignore the question again and go on yet another rant?

Why should anyone not vote for you when you've been stirring up poo poo that doesn't stick the entire game?

Personally I thing you're a vigalante, and haven't made a kill to try and get me in the poo poo.

Whats your transformer name?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Plotterboy posted:

My first reply today was explaining my role, my character, and my breadcrumb. But continue to not read my posts nor respond to that Milky has you 100% as scum.

Actually why am I even replying to this, you're scum and this is a waste of breath if Milky has you confirmed - fight them over it.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Gough Suppressant posted:

He already roleclaimed vanilla

Why were you waiting for my post and then when I did just flat out voted me without explaining what you were waiting on? and why are you not voting for Plotter?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

People don't like you and people know we can get Plotter tomorrow.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Milky a godfather tells a scum to kill someone and this scum can be literally anyone, leaving him alive and continuing blocking does sweet gently caress all.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

milky's plan depends on milky being town, which i have faith in, but i don't think i have 100% faith in.

i'm gonna have to put aside my annoying poster vote and vote strategically.

i'm convinced plott is scum, lynching him is for the best, just in case milky is scum too.

vote ##plotterboy

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Lid posted:

Why were you waiting for my post and then when I did just flat out voted me without explaining what you were waiting on? and why are you not voting for Plotter?

Because your bolding the first letter of words to make a message was literally the dumbest thing I have ever seen in a game of mafia.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Gough Suppressant posted:

Because your bolding the first letter of words to make a message was literally the dumbest thing I have ever seen in a game of mafia.

Ok, but I did think the Queen music breadcrumb was good too. And why not voting for Plotter?

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
The YouTube video was good.

If it looks like it's Plott or no lynch i will swap

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
I'm going to swap to Plotterboy since he's nigh on a confirmed scum and Milky don't get godfathers apparently.

##unvote
##vote Plotterboy

bell jar you need to unvote :ssh:

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
I am a ~~~swinging voter~~~~

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

GoldStandardConure posted:

And if BT is watcher and isn't lying about Gough Suppressant, he d
idn't do anything last night either

BTW this was missed but watcher only sees who visits a player, not where that player goes (thats a tracker). So Gough could've done something.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Well, time for me to go back to nonsense IC posting.

Seagull posted:

I'm going to swap to Plotterboy since he's nigh on a confirmed scum and Milky don't get godfathers apparently.

##unvote
##vote Plotterboy

bell jar you need to unvote :ssh:

Weird thing to bring up, the whole Godfather thing, though.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Milky Moor posted:

Well, time for me to go back to nonsense IC posting.

Weird thing to bring up, the whole Godfather thing, though.

Godfather is a basic staple of mafia and literally how they get their kills done in the night.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Lid posted:

BTW this was missed but watcher only sees who visits a player, not where that player goes (thats a tracker). So Gough could've done something.

This mas misattributed- I watched Belljar, who was not targetted. I haven't said a word about Gough.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

"hello i am auspol town. we have had two less kills and a confirmed mafia being blocked despite the fact that everyone was suss on him and if there was a godfather they could have picked anyone else to carry it out but for some reason they picked plott despite the fact there was a town-aligned roleblocker who was looking for a target

yes my shoe size is greater than five, although my IQ isn't"

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Seagull posted:

Godfather is a basic staple of mafia and literally how they get their kills done in the night.

Not in any of the past Auspol games and the idea of a Godfather doesn't fit with what we've seen so far.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

black_tangled posted:

This mas misattributed- I watched Belljar, who was not targetted. I haven't said a word about Gough.

yeah that was me brain farting and forgetting who BT watched

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Milky Moor posted:

"hello i am auspol town. we have had two less kills and a confirmed mafia being blocked despite the fact that everyone was suss on him and if there was a godfather they could have picked anyone else to carry it out but for some reason they picked plott despite the fact there was a town-aligned roleblocker who was looking for a target

yes my shoe size is greater than five, although my IQ isn't"

WE DON'T KNOW WHAT SCUM CAN DO.

WE HAVE FOUR POWER ROLES DEAD. TWO OTHERS KNOWN. THAT'S SIX.

Swallow your god forsaken pride and wanting to be the hero of town (by lynching a vanilla) and lynch the guy you loving know is scum. If you don't there is a very very very very very good chance something messed up is going on here and that your continuing to ask us in town to take it on faith is either you being a terrible mafia player or scum.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

GoldStandardConure posted:

yeah that was me brain farting and forgetting who BT watched

Either way it doesn't change anything other than no one visited BJ and BJ could still have done something.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Lid posted:

WE DON'T KNOW WHAT SCUM CAN DO.

WE HAVE FOUR POWER ROLES DEAD. TWO OTHERS KNOWN. THAT'S SIX.

Swallow your god forsaken pride and wanting to be the hero of town (by lynching a vanilla) and lynch the guy you loving know is scum. If you don't there is a very very very very very good chance something messed up is going on here and that your continuing to ask us in town to take it on faith is either you being a terrible mafia player or scum.

No. I'm right and I'm not going to backpedal on something I know is the truth. Deal with it.

And we have three power roles left. Blaster, Perceptor, me. I can't use my role without a target and using a resource is always better than not using it.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Milky Moor posted:

No. I'm right and I'm not going to backpedal on something I know is the truth. Deal with it.

And we have three power roles left. Blaster, Perceptor, me. I can't use my role without a target and using a resource is always better than not using it.

You have a whole lot of targets, hell you have me for example if you are so sure I'm scum. But no you don't want to run that risk do you of perhaps lynching a guy you have confirmed and blocking the guy you suspect. No instead let's lynch the guy you don't like and let the confirmed scum live. Good plan, great plan.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

The fact that no one sees the correlation between Plotter being blocked and at least one kill not happening because of it astounds me and I think we have scum looking to force a no-lynch.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Milky Moor posted:

The fact that no one sees the correlation between Plotter being blocked and at least one kill not happening because of it astounds me and I think we have scum looking to force a no-lynch.

Erm I see it, as does rudatron, and BJ, and several others actually.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Why didn't I ask that earlier.

MM if you are a roleblocker for the town and convinced Plotter is scum and that I too am scum probably then why not lynch Plotter and roleblock me?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Lid posted:

You have a whole lot of targets, hell you have me for example if you are so sure I'm scum. But no you don't want to run that risk do you of perhaps lynching a guy you have confirmed and blocking the guy you suspect. No instead let's lynch the guy you don't like and let the confirmed scum live. Good plan, great plan.

No, from the very start I've admitted I want you removed because you're a caustic presence who wants me gone because-

Lid posted:

I wasn't in the last game and given the last AusPol game I was in I should be turbo voting Milky for bad posting if anyone but I'm looking for scum in the game, not to have a meaningless day one.

Says Lid, when I won that game despite his best efforts as town to make it not happen.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
It would be useless as I have no role anyway, but doesn't that make the most sense?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Milky Moor posted:

No, from the very start I've admitted I want you removed because you're a caustic presence who wants me gone because-

Says Lid, when I won that game despite his best efforts as town to make it not happen.

Hahaha gently caress you have a thin skin.

So yeah everyone who isn't a dickhead vote plotterboy.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Lid posted:

Why didn't I ask that earlier.

MM if you are a roleblocker for the town and convinced Plotter is scum and that I too am scum probably then why not lynch Plotter and roleblock me?

Lid posted:

It would be useless as I have no role anyway, but doesn't that make the most sense?

Because it would be useless and you being unblocked hasn't resulted in any more kills. This might make sense if we had had two kills last night but we have only had one.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Hey Milky they didn't know you were sticking with blocking Plot until today, and either they have a godfather and will just send someone else to kill or we lynch Plot and literally kill their only person who can kill according to you.

Your reticence to do this suggests to me you just might be lying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
jesus christ dont bring in petty poo poo from the other games, thats how we wound up turbolynching Anime David

• Locked thread