Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
My initial thought is Seagull. I'll lay out my thoughts.

Seagull implied that I was a godfather but never answered how that could be possible if I was confirmed visiting Plotter for the past night, or why we have really any reason to suspect that a godfather exists.

Seagull claimed his identity as Swoop. Swoop is a Dinobot and we haven't seen any others. If we have Dinobots, I think they would be a town-aligned masonry (and, honestly, I thought Lid was part of it). However, Seagull claimed Swoop on the back of a post from Kommando - Kommando listed three bird themed Transformers with two of them being Decepticons. I find this kind of strange. It have been a trap from a confirmed town player to catch someone - Laserbeak is an obvious Decepticon, I'd never even heard of Brimstone and he doesn't come from the right continuity anyways. The third, Swoop, fits for Seagull as far as Auspol is concerned (bird-themed) but I'd be surprised if we only had a singular dinobot.

Seagull has voted for me, Splode, Webmeister, B_T, Plotter. Two of these are obvious scum with the final one begin an attempt to gather further information - and I think it worked out for us .The other three are town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I truly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of making their dreams come true.

:unsmigghh:

Splode posted:

You're right, and instead of hysterical garbage theory crafting he has only posted to defend himself. Remarkable change in how he is playing, suss as hell and too quiet.

Too quiet if you think about it. :tinfoil:

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

And I wish we had kept Plotter around simply because we could have lynched him today, giving us a daykill with zero risk.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Splode posted:

Trying to remember without reading yesterday's posts atm. it's a shame b_t is gone, she had good suspects. I was suss on GSC, SK is away until Monday according to b_t, so that explains his disappearance. Who are the other quiet posters? Fruity? Mith?

So far all of the scum have been the less noisy posters.

I'd like to hear what Milky thinks, too.

I do wonder if some of the scum are legitimately AFK or otherwise feigning it to give up no data. I won't blame anyone for not jumping into that loving morass yesterday, but I think we should start looking at the quiet posters.

I don't know what the gently caress is up with Harold but he's at least semi-visible.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Splode posted:

You're right, and instead of hysterical garbage theory crafting he has only posted to defend himself. Remarkable change in how he is playing, suss as hell and too quiet.

Actually if you check his post history and believe in meta-gaming this is exactly how he plays mafia. I meant to say the other day that I had a grudging respect for him because he is trolling the poo poo out of us by not doing anything and pretending to be clueless. I really wish he wasn't in the game.

Also, good loving job dropping the hammer so early before drat near anyone had checked in. If only someone could've pulled their vote, splode.

Also also, thatbastardken has posted jack poo poo and yet was around enough to vote the last couple of days without given even cursory reasons.

Also, also, also, still playing with my niece for most of today but she's leaving later. I am cautiously optimistic I will reclaim my life.

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I truly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of making their dreams come true.

Milky Moor posted:

I do wonder if some of the scum are legitimately AFK or otherwise feigning it to give up no data. I won't blame anyone for not jumping into that loving morass yesterday, but I think we should start looking at the quiet posters.

I don't know what the gently caress is up with Harold but he's at least semi-visible.

Tommofork posted:

Actually if you check his post history and believe in meta-gaming this is exactly how he plays mafia. I meant to say the other day that I had a grudging respect for him because he is trolling the poo poo out of us by not doing anything and pretending to be clueless. I really wish he wasn't in the game.

Aw... Thanks for the support scum-buddies! :kiddo:

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Tommofork posted:

Also, good loving job dropping the hammer so early before drat near anyone had checked in. If only someone could've pulled their vote, splode.

Also also, thatbastardken has posted jack poo poo and yet was around enough to vote the last couple of days without given even cursory reasons.

Also, also, also, still playing with my niece for most of today but she's leaving later. I am cautiously optimistic I will reclaim my life.

Ok then, I'll go back to ignoring HK for now then.

Hey Lid dropped the hammer on himself! Besides, did you really want more of that "discussion" between Milky, myself and Lid?

I agree with the calls about Seagull and TBK so far.

Milky Moor posted:

Hah, well that explains some things.

I visited Plotter again last night and I guess someone else did as well? I'm hoping that's our vigilante. Was someone watching to know who that was?

Does it matter who our vigilante is? I expect they will be target number 1 for scum if they're revealed so hush!

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Bifauxnen posted:

well we used to have a watcher. Besides that we had a tracker, and my sucky power.

I used it on Fruity, but even if I'd used it on Plot, I wouldn't know who it was that killed him. I'd just know "hey, guess what, a vigilante visited Plot last night!" (*everyone wakes up and sees Plot is dead*) "gee, thanks."

It's not completely terrible, it would have been really handy if you'd discovered there was a busdriver, for example. Especially for soag :rip:
You just have to get lucky I guess

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Okay people, let's throw out some names.

thatbastardken and Seagull, I don't think you've contributed much to the discussion, but that's okay because here's your chance!

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
voted for Lid because gently caress that discussion was tedious as hell, not posting much because I generally don't post unless I have something to contribute.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

my top three scum picks atm would be Seagull, Harold Krell, and maybe Bif? I dunno the Milky/Lid power hour has really hosed up my ability to scum hunt.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

you've been flying under the radar the whole time, i don't think i've seen you make a single contributive post

##vote GoldStandardConure

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

nothing? from anyone? not a single post? jesus

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

bell jar posted:

I'm still here.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

bell jar posted:

I don't really have anything to add.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Harold Krell posted:

I'm still here.

haha, great. GSC should at least be woken up by now though.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
Thinking: a lot of folks said they'd be away over the long weekend: should I close the thread and reopen Tuesday?

PM me your vote. I'll tally it in 30 min.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Harold Krell posted:

I'm still here.

to everyone's bitter regret

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

thatbastardken posted:

to everyone's bitter regret

Would it make you feel better if I recited the Krelly Rap again?

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

infinitely

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Asphyxious posted:

Thinking: a lot of folks said they'd be away over the long weekend: should I close the thread and reopen Tuesday?

PM me your vote. I'll tally it in 30 min.

Overwhelmingly in favour of open. Open it stays.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Asphyxious posted:

Overwhelmingly in favour of open. Open it stays.

I'm going to try and not read to much into this because I'll assume that both town and scum want to play the game regardless.

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

Krelly Rap (Poo Poo Version) by Harold Krell

I poo poo here.
I poo poo there.
I poo poo on the walls.
The walls inside the malls.

A man beat me today for poo pooing in the store.
I poo pooed on his merchandise and directly on the floor.
The sores on my back had poo poo all around.
I asked the man to stop, but no mercy could be found.

I saw my poo poo the other day and it did a little flip.
I was so excited that I put it in the dip.
My friends got the chips and put it in the dip.
They ate my poo poo, and now they're all ripped.

My friends' abs were firm and supple because of the poo poo they ate.
They also eat poo poo with their Frosted Flakes because they make them taste great.
My friends are famous models now that eat poo poo in their spare time.
They even used all the money they made to buy me a new wind chime.

I poo poo in the mafia games because you guys like it so much.
I know some of you want it so bad that you give the monitor a touch.
And then you smell your finger just to simulate the stench.
Smells like a fat sweaty guy lounging on a bench.

Boy, Mafia sure is fun, but poo poo is a little better.
In the sense that poo poo is more fun if it's just a little wetter.
If you guys like poo poo a lot don't be afraid to show your pride.
Simply post, "I like poo poo, so take me on a poo poo ride!"

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

bell jar posted:

you've been flying under the radar the whole time, i don't think i've seen you make a single contributive post

##vote GoldStandardConure

I haven't really had much to say, but like I said to rudatron earlier I'd rather be seen posting than being in the game and not saying anything at all.

Time zone/work/early hammers have been preventing me from voting, like Lid suiciding before we could get any more info out of Plott (Though him being outed as a scum does explain why he was refusing to tell us his Transformer name)

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Milky Moor posted:

I'm going to try and not read to much into this because I'll assume that both town and scum want to play the game regardless.

Yeah I'll nip that in the bud it was a very even mix. Sorry I should have said that straight away.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
I just woke up.

For one thing, I didn't imply you were the godfather Milky, I implied that there was one. I based this on the fact that the godfather is a basic loving staple of mafia Jesus loving christ. Your blocking Plott has clearly not stopped a night kill since it had already stopped. Not sure how continuing to block him gave us further information either, rather than just outright killing a scum instead of giving us fewer town which your plan demonstrably did.

Dinobots have no masonry, when I joked our brains were too small to know who the others were I wasn't joking.

I think last night's actions point toward one scum team one vigilante one scum vigilante (Plot) to explain night two.

What I'm curious about is why Milky is never part of a scum lynch, especially since they were both "obvious" by his own account? He even correctly fingered Plot, but rathered we'd kill a town than get rid of a scum. How long would you have been willing to keep up blocking Plot while town numbers dropped in the off chance that he was the only way for the scum to get night kills?

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Milky Moor posted:

My initial thought is Seagull. I'll lay out my thoughts.

Seagull implied that I was a godfather but never answered how that could be possible if I was confirmed visiting Plotter for the past night, or why we have really any reason to suspect that a godfather exists.

Seagull claimed his identity as Swoop. Swoop is a Dinobot and we haven't seen any others. If we have Dinobots, I think they would be a town-aligned masonry (and, honestly, I thought Lid was part of it). However, Seagull claimed Swoop on the back of a post from Kommando - Kommando listed three bird themed Transformers with two of them being Decepticons. I find this kind of strange. It have been a trap from a confirmed town player to catch someone - Laserbeak is an obvious Decepticon, I'd never even heard of Brimstone and he doesn't come from the right continuity anyways. The third, Swoop, fits for Seagull as far as Auspol is concerned (bird-themed) but I'd be surprised if we only had a singular dinobot.

Seagull has voted for me, Splode, Webmeister, B_T, Plotter. Two of these are obvious scum with the final one begin an attempt to gather further information - and I think it worked out for us .The other three are town.

Fwiw I'm a dinobot called SLAG lol and I'm not in a masonry and a LOT of the flavour names have been on the nose. Slag is meant to be really belligerent, so, you know :shrug:

Thanks for dropping the hammer before I had a chance to read the thread NERDS

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Seagull posted:

I just woke up.

For one thing, I didn't imply you were the godfather Milky, I implied that there was one. I based this on the fact that the godfather is a basic loving staple of mafia Jesus loving christ. Your blocking Plott has clearly not stopped a night kill since it had already stopped. Not sure how continuing to block him gave us further information either, rather than just outright killing a scum instead of giving us fewer town which your plan demonstrably did.

Dinobots have no masonry, when I joked our brains were too small to know who the others were I wasn't joking.

I think last night's actions point toward one scum team one vigilante one scum vigilante (Plot) to explain night two.

What I'm curious about is why Milky is never part of a scum lynch, especially since they were both "obvious" by his own account? He even correctly fingered Plot, but rathered we'd kill a town than get rid of a scum. How long would you have been willing to keep up blocking Plot while town numbers dropped in the off chance that he was the only way for the scum to get night kills?

Like I said, we could have lynched him today. Someone killed him to prevent this - a Decepticon to make us not have a CERTAIN DAY KILL, or a vigilante who went a bit rogue. I'm assuming we have a vigilante of some sort who wanted him out of the picture regardless.

And I've said I made a mistake on Sunstreaker. Splode and I have given a whole heap of reasons of why keeping Plotter alive for a night or two was a good move. At the time of blocking Plotter, it had seemed like I had stopped a kill - how was I supposed to know he was a one-shot strongman? A one-shot strongman in a game of three cops, a doctor and the other power roles we have? I found that hard to believe and I thought Splode was on to something with the 'odd/even' idea, too.

Basic loving staple of Mafia? Okay, I've played in four Mafia games on these forums and there has never once been a Godfather that I can recall.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Harold Krell posted:

Aw... Thanks for the support scum-buddies! :kiddo:

This was in response to tommo and milky. It's the second time Harold has cracked a joke about being scum, and he hasn't helped us out at all in terms of theorycrafting. Since we're asking people not to role claim but to post their flavour name when we suspect them of being scum, Harold, what's your transformers name?

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Milky Moor posted:

Like I said, we could have lynched him today. Someone killed him to prevent this - a Decepticon to make us not have a CERTAIN DAY KILL, or a vigilante who went a bit rogue. I'm assuming we have a vigilante of some sort who wanted him out of the picture regardless.

And I've said I made a mistake on Sunstreaker. Splode and I have given a whole heap of reasons of why keeping Plotter alive for a night or two was a good move. At the time of blocking Plotter, it had seemed like I had stopped a kill - how was I supposed to know he was a one-shot strongman? A one-shot strongman in a game of three cops, a doctor and the other power roles we have? I found that hard to believe and I thought Splode was on to something with the 'odd/even' idea, too.

Basic loving staple of Mafia? Okay, I've played in four Mafia games on these forums and there has never once been a Godfather that I can recall.

You are so suss man lmao

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Fruity Gordo posted:

This was in response to tommo and milky. It's the second time Harold has cracked a joke about being scum, and he hasn't helped us out at all in terms of theorycrafting. Since we're asking people not to role claim but to post their flavour name when we suspect them of being scum, Harold, what's your transformers name?

I've thought about this, but I honestly think he won't respond positively - if at all. Do we take the risk that he's just a dumb townie, a scum player or something horrible like a lynch-bomb or fool based on, well, Harold's gonna Harold?

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Seagull posted:

I just woke up.

Yeah milky, you're going to have to explain that one. If we had two obvious scum choices, then it'd make sense, but lid was less suspicious than plott and he flipped town, while plott flipped scum. If you truly believed he was night-killing, lynching him would do just as well to remove his powers.

I'm actually really glad the vigi killed fyi

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
Also I'm convinced Ive played a game with you that had a godfather, it was one of Freudians games

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
The problem with Krell is that I'm pretty sure he'd post this bad no matter his role, so we may just have to lynch him anyway and take the lose if it's negative, or put him on the winning team if he's a jester or whatever. If you don't comfortable that you'll ever be able to firmly read someone in the future as scum or town, then lynching them anyway is a necessity.

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

Fruity Gordo posted:

:awesomelon: Megatroid :awesomelon:

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Harold Krell posted:

Krelly Rap (Poo Poo Version) by Harold Krell

I poo poo here.
I poo poo there.
I poo poo on the walls.
The walls inside the malls.

A man beat me today for poo pooing in the store.
I poo pooed on his merchandise and directly on the floor.
The sores on my back had poo poo all around.
I asked the man to stop, but no mercy could be found.

I saw my poo poo the other day and it did a little flip.
I was so excited that I put it in the dip.
My friends got the chips and put it in the dip.
They ate my poo poo, and now they're all ripped.

My friends' abs were firm and supple because of the poo poo they ate.
They also eat poo poo with their Frosted Flakes because they make them taste great.
My friends are famous models now that eat poo poo in their spare time.
They even used all the money they made to buy me a new wind chime.

I poo poo in the mafia games because you guys like it so much.
I know some of you want it so bad that you give the monitor a touch.
And then you smell your finger just to simulate the stench.
Smells like a fat sweaty guy lounging on a bench.

Boy, Mafia sure is fun, but poo poo is a little better.
In the sense that poo poo is more fun if it's just a little wetter.
If you guys like poo poo a lot don't be afraid to show your pride.
Simply post, "I like poo poo, so take me on a poo poo ride!"

##vote Harold Krell

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

rudatron posted:

Yeah milky, you're going to have to explain that one. If we had two obvious scum choices, then it'd make sense, but lid was less suspicious than plott and he flipped town, while plott flipped scum. If you truly believed he was night-killing, lynching him would do just as well to remove his powers.

I'm actually really glad the vigi killed fyi

I don't like Lid and he was making us reveal too much information. Splode and I think he was making us put far too much out there and practically role-hunting. Without him, we can have a calmer, better discussion.

As I said, and I've said this countless times, and I don't want to go back and find Splode's post where he backs me up, but having a known scum who is neutered during the night is nothing. I was hoping we would get someone to either come after me for blocking him, track someone who were suss on, and use our watcher and voyuer to track as many movements as we could.

Watching Plotter last night would have given us his killer and him - either as confirmed town or Decepticon based on their posting history. Now we just have Plotter and we have to make an unreliable day kill.

How is this hard to understand?

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Milky Moor posted:

Like, this is legit and I agree with you, problem is though that you're a decepticon and you're talking about your own plan. Hide in plain sight yo

##vote milky moor

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
gently caress I think my computer just died on me so I might not be around much over the next two days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Fruity Gordo posted:

Like, this is legit and I agree with you, problem is though that you're a decepticon and you're talking about your own plan. Hide in plain sight yo

##vote milky moor

Except I've visited Plotter last night and the night before and he didn't die then, either. I was even seen going to visit him the night before. I can't have killed him, so...

• Locked thread