Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ktan
Apr 15, 2012

Careful.
We don't want to learn from this.
This and You're the Worst are probably my favorite comedies on TV right now. Ilana steals the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Ktan posted:

This and You're the Worst are probably my favorite comedies on TV right now. Ilana steals the show.

I haven't seen that, is this representational?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHqjJ9WYl0A

Looks pretty good.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
My review of this episode:

- Seth Rogan is at his hottest with a long-rear end beard
- This show understands my sweat issues like no other
- I couldn't be more in love with Abbi Jacobson
- Show hasn't missed a goddamn beat

e: I've gone from no interest to on the fence about You're the Worst after seeing that baller trailer a while back. Anyone have something that could put me over the top?

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Jan 19, 2015

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I never heard of You're The Worst until the AV Club put it on their year-end Best of Television list. There's also a sitcom on FXX that debuted after Always Sunny, and it has a very weird concept and Eric Andre plays the roommate of the main character.

Obviously they don't have very high hopes for it, since they put it on FXX. I'm still a little sore about Legit getting that treatment.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
You're the Worst was a really pleasant surprise, and it would definitely appeal to Broad City fans, and vice versa.

The two leads, Jimmy and Gretchen, are both toxic people who have alienated almost everyone in their lives, but they each have one devoted friend (deeply flawed individuals themselves), and we see glimpses of both of them occasionally being good people or doing nice things. But most of the time, they're self-absorbed, self-destructive, and terrified of making themselves vulnerable enough to fall in love with someone, even though they complement each other perfectly. They're hilarious and dangerous when they're together, forming a united front against the world.

If it makes a difference, Aya Cash and Kether Donohue, who play Gretchen and her friend Lindsay, are both gorgeous, and when they get to partying, they make Ilana and Abbi look like innocent schoolgirls.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
You had me at toxic people

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I tried watching You're The Worst and ended up hating it. To me it had this odd combination of being obnoxious, fake, manufactured, and try-hard; like a by-the-numbers show aimed at getting the 20's crowd. Broad City feels like it has way more heart put into it and feels more natural.

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Your The Worst starts out ok but quickly becomes pretty generic romcom. The characters dont live up/down to the title..

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I liked You're the Worst a lot but it certainly wasn't because it was something truly unique the way Broad City is. Anyway half the point is that the characters aren't half as mean as they think they are or want to be.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Lincoln's "The Al Dente Dentist" blog is now a real thing.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Abbi and Ilana went on Kimmel wearing matching tuxedos last night and they look adorable.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

Aww, that's cute.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
I wonder if we'll ever meet Melody.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

I wish I hadn't reported this :smith:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Brock Samson posted:

I wish I hadn't reported this :smith:

nice razor scooter, pencil dick, you aborted mackelmore motherfucker

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

Jerkface posted:

I'm grinding my razor scooter down his pencil dick for big points

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
Seriously this show feels exactly like the first season which is the biggest compliment I could make. There was this bit of fear that they couldn't keep it going or that they'd get too into the idea that they had to recur jokes. But two great episodes and I couldn't be happier.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
This show is the funniest show on TV right now and Always Sunny is back on so that's a HUGE compliment

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
So far I think this season has been hilarious, while I just found season 1 regular funny. Every joke is landing perfectly for me.

Workaholics was pretty good tonight too, did not see that cameo coming at ALL.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Bevers' story ending with him getting a doctor's order to sit on the couch was a bit predictable but that story also gave us Abbi's Naked Lady Gaga Music Video so it's all good.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Hate to say it, but that episode just didn't do it for me. Bevers is just so nasty and Ilana's plot was just OK.

Next episode is the one where Ilana goes to her grandmother's shiva and there are supposed to be some great moments on it, so I'm looking forward to it.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Illinois Smith posted:

Bevers' story ending with him getting a doctor's order to sit on the couch was a bit predictable but that story also gave us Abbi's Naked Lady Gaga Music Video so it's all good.

I really liked the naked music video part and am glad they didn't end it with someone seeing her like you would guess would happen 99% of the time.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

drunken officeparty posted:

I really liked the naked music video part and am glad they didn't end it with someone seeing her like you would guess would happen 99% of the time.
I just KNEW Bevers was going to walk in on her. It was so obviously teleplayed. It was a nice surprise when it never happened.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
I laughed at Bevers bedsores.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Ahem, couch-sores!

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman

Jerkface posted:

you gender-neutral as gently caress, lookin like albert nobbs

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

JayMax posted:

you gender-neutral as gently caress, lookin like albert nobbs

I loved him being slightly pleased by that after Ilana explained the reference

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
Abbi's Drew Berrymore impression was great.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
That was fantastic. Wild Applause.

Very pleasantly surprised that the ending wasn't just another hallucination, that date's gonna be epic.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
I'm also glad we got to see more of Jaime.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I think I prefer this show when the reality is only slightly heightened. Not full-on hallucinating a giant stuffed toy and going insane over *look there are lots of flavours*, although maybe it's more than both those concepts are huge, huge cliches. Didn't like this one.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
I was okay with the giant toy only because she was on a ridiculous quantity of drugs. But the ice cream shop was just too long and too far. Although I recall liking the episode last season where they went to the ends of the earth to find that customer service office. So I think I like s touch of the surreal but not two in the same episode.

Also, shouldn't have had her likely singing on front of him at the end.

Not bad but not as great as the rest of the season had been.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I really did not like that episode.

donges
Aug 4, 2012

I'd rather be vomiting and I despise vomiting. Blegh!
Though at first Abbi's fake phone call seemed a little cliche, I liked how she could only think of things that made herself look bad. I thought that was a pretty good spin on it.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

drunken officeparty posted:

I really did not like that episode.

It was kinda weak but Hannibal Buress got a lot more screentime than usual and Abbi was being adorable so it was fine. Also Jaime's completely unnecessary nurse outfit made me crack up.

Water Resistant
Jul 10, 2003
I just started watching during the 2nd season premiere, but holy poo poo is this show amazing. I'm recommending it to everyone, and it quickly shot up to my favorite comedy on TV right now behind Bob's Burgers.

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014
I dug this episode a lot. Really surprised more people didn't. I was dying at Alana as she said she would kill herself if Abbi doesn't wake up.

I have the biggest loving crush on Alana. I just wanna get blazed all day with that girl.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I gotta say, the best kind of friend is the one who has your back after you buy over a grand worth of food for your munchies.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

Howling Man posted:

I dug this episode a lot. Really surprised more people didn't. I was dying at Alana as she said she would kill herself if Abbi doesn't wake up.

I have the biggest loving crush on Alana. I just wanna get blazed all day with that girl.

Ilana.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
If you found this episode uncharacteristic of BC but still found a strange sense of familiarity, you're being reminded of Wondershowzen. John Lee directed the episode.

• Locked thread