Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

don't play ubisoft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
There are too many Pokémon these days. 150 was plenty enough for me!

Qadaffi Taffy
Oct 1, 2006

3.14159 26535 89793 23846 26433 83279 50288 41971 69399 37510
Dark

Qadaffi Taffy
Oct 1, 2006

3.14159 26535 89793 23846 26433 83279 50288 41971 69399 37510
Souls

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
New games suck

all your time away cause theyre good

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics
shadow warrior is 6 bucks on psn this weekend

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx

TEAYCHES posted:

the latest xcom was the most recent classic imo. excellent game

Xenonauts is superior

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Hector Beerlioz posted:

There are too many Pokémon these days. 150 was plenty enough for me!

the original 150 did not contain chandelure

in fact, overall, black and white have the best set of pokemon introduced in any generation.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i have been disappointed by the vast majority of recent videogames

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1ZtBCpo0eU

RavenKrows
May 29, 2008

memy posted:

Xenonauts is superior

Yeah sure it's great at first until you realize 90% of the game is interceptor poo poo which gets old really fast. The new Xcom is still loads better.

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003
IV is the best out of any game series.
Civ IV
Sim City IV
Europa Universalis IV
Hearts of Iron: IV (i hope)

No game series really need to go beyond IV because at that point you are regressing feature and gameplay wise.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Cubey posted:

the original 150 did not contain chandelure

in fact, overall, black and white have the best set of pokemon introduced in any generation.

Look at this nonsense. That and the ice cream one just prove my point.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I think we can just assume that most things are going to suck but there will be a few things that are good but that's really all you need. If you look at the entire catalogue of Nintendo and super Nintendo games you can clearly see that most are total garbage

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine

The Dennis System posted:

Every time I've replayed on old video game from the PS2 era and prior I've found that it doesn't hold up at all. Old games suck.

it's you

you are the reason why developers have to make AAA blockbuster video games so poo poo nowadays

kill yourself

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

I will be enjoying indie darling The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth while you nerds get mad over Boobiesoft and EGay.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
I think the key thing to do is play video games you like

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
an extinct species:

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
KIDS THESE DAYS are all crying pissbabies who can't handle a game that doesn't hold their hands the entire way through

Axeman Jim
Nov 21, 2010

The Canadians replied that they would rather ride a moose.
Most dudes these days are not bad enough to rescue the president. This is the problem.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Kids these days aren't bad enough dudes to rescue the president.

Ragtime Cthulhu
Dec 11, 2014

BKPR posted:

I will be enjoying indie darling The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth while you nerds get mad over Boobiesoft and EGay.

Or perhaps the revolutionary Kickstarter-funded FTL: Faster Than Light, a seamless fusion of real-time strategy and roguelikes

Any game made by more than five people is so droll

Divine Styler
Apr 8, 2005

quantum mechanic

Sancho posted:

Minecraft is the greatest video tape ever made

Good posting.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

What really sucks is two things: walkthroughs and achievements.

Back in the day if you couldn't solve a puzzle or beat a boss you couldn't just Google the solution or watch the video guide. You had to figure that poo poo out on your own, staying up all night if necessary, or beg your friends to tell you how they did it. And similarly when you found a secret weapon or unlocked a secret character, it gave you bragging rights, especially because poo poo was actually secret. Now though poo poo takes no effort because everything is watered down and if you're still too much of a loser to figure things out, you can just look it up online.

And achievements. Ugh. Whoever came up with the idea should be shot in the stomach and left to bleed out in an alley.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
After that thread on how much college football coaches make I purchased NCAA Football 14 and have endeavored to master the field of college football. Once I get 100% achievement points on it I'm going to apply to every collegiate football program in the country for some sort of coaching job. I have won the national championship, as well as had the #1 recruiting class, with one star programs on a few occasions; so feel I have demonstrated an aptitude for success in both recruitment and game management.

My preference of jobs would be a PAC 12 school, as I'm a west coast guy, but might be willing to work my way up through a lower tier school or different region. I'll keep the thread updated on my quest.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

NihilismNow posted:

IV is the best out of any game series.
Civ IV
Sim City IV
Europa Universalis IV
Hearts of Iron: IV (i hope)

No game series really need to go beyond IV because at that point you are regressing feature and gameplay wise.

the fourth magic the gathering duels of the planeswalker game was really bad but that's honestly the only counterexample i can find

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Dark Souls was not even that good

Skyrim was good

Mass Effect series was good

uhh

Portal was kind of good, not as good as the internet said it was but it was still good

i didnt play it but people said GTAV was good

I dont have a console but i heard The Last Of Us was good too

I tried playing the latest Farcry game but it felt exactly like the last farcry game and the story wasnt interesting enough to keep me interested. I might try it again...sometime

Ragtime Cthulhu
Dec 11, 2014

enraged_camel posted:

What really sucks is two things: walkthroughs and achievements.

Back in the day if you couldn't solve a puzzle or beat a boss you couldn't just Google the solution or watch the video guide. You had to figure that poo poo out on your own, staying up all night if necessary, or beg your friends to tell you how they did it. And similarly when you found a secret weapon or unlocked a secret character, it gave you bragging rights, especially because poo poo was actually secret. Now though poo poo takes no effort because everything is watered down and if you're still too much of a loser to figure things out, you can just look it up online.

And achievements. Ugh. Whoever came up with the idea should be shot in the stomach and left to bleed out in an alley.

Might as well destroy the Internet, since that is the only way to restore credibility to electronic gaming endeavors

Achievements do suck, but if somebody likes them, whatever, some people want more structure in their gameplay, who cares

E: ^^^Dark Souls was good for what it attempted to accomplish yet fell short, 2 is a much better manifestation

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

It's because you're all playing on inferior consoles like playstation and xbox. The only system with consistently good releases is the 3DS.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

oh wait gta IV sucked, so that disproves the theory

Ragtime Cthulhu
Dec 11, 2014

Davincie posted:

oh wait gta IV sucked, so that disproves the theory

Was Might and Magic IV any good

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Ragtime Cthulhu posted:

Was Might and Magic IV any good

Might as well call it Might and Magic Snore

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
qtes and minigames are pretty much everything wrong with video games now. also open world games.

dx:hr's hacking minigame was basically criminal.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Quake IV was also...not good.

it is the forgotten quake game

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Wizgot posted:

You pay 60 bucks for an unfinished piece of poo poo game that consists in walking around painfully doing quests. Furthermore, when you pop the disk into your console you have to wait two loving hours for an update to download because you live in poo poo America where we have poo poo internet service. What happened to giving a video game cart a blowjob and then sticking it in the loving Nintendo. So easy and just simple fun. gently caress you Destiny.

Lol the problem is you bought Destiny, which is a poo poo game.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
gta v was good. i couldnt get into mass effect or any of these other games that require you to remember a bunch of stupid bullshit/people/places. oh except fallout 3

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
oh yeah fallout 3 was also good

good times

i hope they make a fallout 4 now after they made bank with skyrim

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Last game I bought was LISA. Its pretty good, you should buy it too if you have :10bux: on your Steam account.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
new vegas sucked though :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Zzulu posted:

Quake IV was also...not good.

it is the forgotten quake game

i liked the singleplayer at least, your average competent raven software game

• Locked thread