Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Spedman posted:

I'd imagine is the revamped Adelaide Oval thats done the trick, all the AFL games had at least 40k last year.

Yeah average for the afl at Adelaide was over 46,000 (MCG was 47,000 lol). I suppose the novelty of Adelaide having something new hasn't worn off yet.

e: Didn't they have massive queues for krispy kreme donuts when the first store opened there last year? Some dude got robbed of his donuts by a guy with a knife iirc. Adelaide is a strange place.

Airstream Driver fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Jan 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

Airstream Driver posted:

Yeah average for the afl at Adelaide was over 46,000 (MCG was 47,000 lol). I suppose the novelty of Adelaide having something new hasn't worn off yet.

e: Didn't they have massive queues for krispy kreme donuts when the first store opened there last year? Some dude got robbed of his donuts by a guy with a knife iirc. Adelaide is a strange place.

I heard Perth wasn't much better, people camping out for the drat things, along with private traffic control and security to make sure the opening didn't get out of hand.

subroc
Jun 5, 2004

Didn't that happen to Broad last year? You'd think that they'd have seen that and designed the grille so that it'd never happen again, but hey whatever. It's only someones head, what could go wrong

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein

subroc posted:

Didn't that happen to Broad last year? You'd think that they'd have seen that and designed the grille so that it'd never happen again, but hey whatever. It's only someones head, what could go wrong

Lots of players adjust their grilles to be as wide as possible to give them the best vision. At the widest setting, a ball can squeeze through most helmets I've seen. To combat this, the newest Masuri helmets don't have adjustable grilles

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

-Spiffy- posted:

The crowds have been mental this year. I dunno what they changed, but I have been more engaged this year than the others.

I was watching every game pretty much until the Australian Open started and stole their timeslots.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

The BBL cup is emblazoned with LEDs because of course it is.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Hahah Hoggy takes a catch and it sounds like Australia scoring a goal.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Those patches of un-cut grass next to the pitch are driving me crazy, mild OCD or something. I can't be the only one noticing it.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

The Stars deliver again.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Halo14 posted:

Those patches of un-cut grass next to the pitch are driving me crazy, mild OCD or something. I can't be the only one noticing it.

Is that what those were? Looked like piles of leaves to me.

Disappointed its not a Strikes/Scorches final. :(

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.

Airstream Driver posted:

Didn't they have massive queues for krispy kreme donuts when the first store opened there last year? Some dude got robbed of his donuts by a guy with a knife iirc. Adelaide is a strange place.

Donuts? You have it wrong it's a souvenir shop.

loving Scorchers better win the final, if Lee gets to go out winning a final (I was going to say "on top" but :lol: it's T20).

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qC3HF7wfEc

Do you guys think Warner would still sledge a 14 year old girl?

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Brett824 posted:

Of course he would, just part of the game mate.

He'd probably call her a oval office too.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

I do not think carberry will be playing for the scorchers next bbl

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo the Windies won.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
Good win there by West India.

goatface posted:

Holy poo poo the Windies won.

Russel is quality.

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.

Brett824 posted:

Any less would be un-Australian. Smith would comfort her though, until Clark told him to stop befriending the enemy.

That is an awesome looking ground.

e: She's certainly bowling a lot better than the endless full bungers I saw in the Aus women's final today.

markgreyam fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Jan 25, 2015

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

dusty posted:

Who is going to any WCC games?

I'm seeing Eng v NZ in the pool matches and the Wellington quarter-final. I loving hate limited over cricket, and the Wellington stadium is a real poo poo spectator experience. Hooray!

Have tickets to the NZ Sri Lanka match. Will be taking my boy to his first cricket match.

Davfff
Oct 27, 2008

Varkk posted:

Have tickets to the NZ Sri Lanka match. Will be taking my boy to his first cricket match.

nice. i went to the boxing day test (first day) and aside from the poorly run ticket entry to the ground (two lines of entry to get your ticket taken. one line basically didn't move at all, while the other line flowed like melted butter), that you could only buy two alcoholic beverages at a time (which was a problem when trying to do 'rounds' with a group of three) and that it was potentially a little oversold (we arrived about 45 minutes before the start and struggled to find a spot), everything else was great.

given it was the first big match there, i'm assuming that the ticketing will be better run, and the number of people allowed in will be more accurate by the time the wc rolls around.

plenty of toilets, the food and drink vending was super quick, the ground was lovely.

oh, and one of the ladies running the beer vending threw a massive wobbler when i didn't have my id immediately at hand and treated me like i was a 15 year old trying to sneak some brews. i'm in my 30s, so it was kind of nice at the same time.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Brett824 posted:

Third man? I think you mean third woman Scott.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost

Brett824 posted:

This is cool as heck.

dusty
Nov 30, 2004

-Spiffy- posted:

This is cool as heck.

Fucken oath, that stumping.

What fourteen year old kid wouldn't die to be given a few overs on an international quality pitch, with high-speed cameras and stump mikes. If the price is to have NZ Sky commentators talk over the footage, so be it.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

What are the rules in regards to mixed sex cricket? I know there was that woman who was at least going to play shield cricket a few years ago.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
I was wondering what happens when she bats. Bouncers seems in poor taste but on the other hand gently caress ya.

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein

Mister Chief posted:

What are the rules in regards to mixed sex cricket? I know there was that woman who was at least going to play shield cricket a few years ago.

AFAIK there is no mention of gender in any rules at any level of cricket (except women's cricket, where you can't be a dude)

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Ish Sodhi better watch the gently caress out then.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
I was curious so I looked it up and the youngest woman to play international cricket was Sajjida Shah, she was 12 when she played for Pakistan

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

Scylo posted:

I was curious so I looked it up and the youngest woman to play international cricket was Sajjida Shah, she was 12 when she played for Pakistan

12 in Pakistan years

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!
Everyone excited for a 7 over match?!

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Isn't this game usually in Adelaide? loving Sydney, letting Australia down.

e: good toss to win one feels.

Airstream Driver fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Jan 26, 2015

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

Mister Chief posted:

The BBL cup is emblazoned with LEDs because of course it is.

i just saw it then and lmao

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Sydney :shepicide:

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

snaeksikn posted:

i just saw it then and lmao

pic/link?

e: lol snicker darwin

nzspambot fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Jan 26, 2015

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Australia beat England with a batting B-team and is now seeing if they can beat India with a bowling B-team I guess.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

I feel like the 'appeal for all leg side wides' tactic is going to have a negative impact on the umpires decision when the batsman eventually edges one.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

drat that thing is ugly and has no place in cricket.

Trophy is OK though.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
100 years since the start of the Great War, if you can call it that. - Ian Healey

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
sydney is a trash heap city

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

what the photo doesnt show is that the white sections of the columns are all LED lights that blink on and off in a multitude of colours