Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Just wait until Piglet learns just enough English to pick up on how much of a whiny, passive-aggressive poo poo that Xpecial is and the team falls apart and finished fourth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Flameingblack posted:

Just wait until Piglet learns just enough English to pick up on how much of a whiny, passive-aggressive poo poo that Xpecial is and the team falls apart and finished fourth.

No, we live in a mirror world now. Curse is finishing sixth instead of fourth this year, book it.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

Relin posted:

Hahahaha there was only a smattering of applause when they won and walked out on the stage

what an amazing combination of "Who are these guys???" and "How dare you beat TSM!!!" from the audience tonight.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Cloud 9 might be falling off now that planning out a pick and ban phase strategy beforehand is something every team is doing versus something that only they did.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

I still don't really understand what 1-damage-item Rengar brings you that you can't get on a bruiser like Vi or whoever that's actually designed to accommodate mixed offensive and defensive itemization.

Mr. Sickos
May 22, 2011

Relin posted:

Hahahaha there was only a smattering of applause when they won and walked out on the stage

It must suck playing the last game. They walk out on stage after beating one of the most hyped teams and everybody has already left.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
God drat, C9 is the only team in NA with two losses. :smith:

On the other hand, this TSM looks a lot more like the TSM that got clowned on at San Jose. :v:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Tales of Woe posted:

I still don't really understand what 1-damage-item Rengar brings you that you can't get on a bruiser like Vi or whoever that's actually designed to accommodate mixed offensive and defensive itemization.
Koreans are the only people who seem to be able to use a Rengar, and they also take advantage of his brush ganks and actually visit lanes before level 6. Seraph had a good Rengar, and over in Europe so does Reignover. In World's he was incredibly strong, and when something like 15-2 in every game he wasn't banned.

I have no loving idea what people are doing in NA other than picking it because Koreans do.

Koskinator
Nov 4, 2009

MOURNFUL: ALAS,
POOR YORICK
For comparison, the standings after week 1 of the Spring 2014 LCS split:

NA

3-1
C9
TSM

2-2
Crs
CLG
Dignitas
Team Coast

1-3
EG
Vulcun

EU

4-0
Fnatic

3-1
Gambit
ROCCAT

2-2
CW
SK

1-3
Mill
SHC

0-4
Alliance

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Well I'm happy

closest matchup in the wuss league

Mr. Sickos
May 22, 2011

Koskinator posted:

For comparison, the standings after week 1 of the Spring 2014 LCS split:
(...)
0-4
Alliance

Never stop believing

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Here's a quick writeup of the LCS standings after Week 1.

North America:
1. Team Liquid: They looked hands down the strongest in NA, going 2-0 against fairly strong teams without their start player Piglet.
2. Team Coast: Even though they went 1-1, they honestly should have gone 2-0 if not for questionable shotcalling. Except them to play very safe team comps and avoid teamfighting.
3. Team Winterfox: I'm projecting them as third because they played so well with 3 substitutes. Once their full roster comes in they could easily be a consistent top 4 team this season.
4. TSM: This is probably the lowest TSM will drop all season. They have a very long history of starting weak and finishing strong, so expect them to only flounder a short while before a comeback.
5. Counter Logic Gaming: It's CLG, they'll win in a spectacular fashion then lose to a bottom team like they always manage to.
6. Team Gravity: A team full of veterns with aggressive momentum despite the most passive ADC in LCS. Expect them to replace Curse as this seasons' most middling team.
7. Team imPulse: imPulse is still the spiritual successor to LMQ in many ways, specifically with their hyper aggression at all stages of the game. Impact should help round the team out but communication could hold them back from top 5.
8. Cloud9: Cloud9 is one of the most adaptive teams in the competitive scene and have shown the ability to play well from behind without bleeding out. Unfortunately, Hai is playing like garbage and Balls hasn't dropped yet. They'll probably still manage a top 4 finish, but it's going to take a while for them to nail down their issues.
9. Team8: Despite expectations to the contrary, they have very strong solo laners and a very safe ADC and probably won't be the garbage-tier NA team people want them to be.
10. Dignitas: They won because of a bad shotcall and looked like trash in both matches. They should by all accounts be dead last.

Europe
1. Fnatic: The team nobody expected to top out, their Koreans are doing some work and making them look great. Aggressive, mechanical jungler with Yellowstar's great vision control will keep them on top for a while.
2. SK Gaming: SK Gaming has probably the most solid, all-around roster in Europe right now, and are a very strategically driven team. They'll certainly stay on top most of the season.
3. Giants!: The other team people expected to come out dead last, from Fantasy standings they're the best team in Europe right now. It remains to see if theyll stay on top as veteran teams begin to warm up.
4. Elements: Although finishing 1-1, I expect they'll probably end up around the top but it's going to take a time for them to warm up.
5. Unicorns of Love: Another fresh team that's starting out strong, with the capability of beating top teams but not quite solid enough to break the top 4.
6. Roccat: The absolute middle of Europe, not great and not awful. This is EU LCS so they'll probably beat FNatic or SK as many times as they lose to Meet Your Makers or Gambit Gaming.
7. Copenhagen Wolves: One of the most boring teams in the LCS, they generally just sit around for an hour and wait for someone to throw a game. They have no idea how to push an early lead at all.
8. H2k: At least Ryu will be well fed in his trip to Europe
9. Gambit Gaming: Their momentum from beating CLG didn't seem to even carry them far enough into week 1 of the LCS, finishing a very weak first two days with very low fantasy points
10. Meet Your Makers: Looks like hot garbage after losing Selfie to alleged drama.

You might want to grab every single member of FNatic or Giants! right now if they're free in your league, because they're both topping out LCS Fantasy points right now, along with Team Liquid from NA.

I'm not sure how to rate teams 6-10 in NA, because most of their issues will probably be ironed out in the next coming weeks. Especially Cloud9 & Impulse, while it's still a large unknown on how well T8 will perform.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jan 26, 2015

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

Well I'm happy

closest matchup in the wuss league

Well done, friend! I got the most points this week, and my plan is to have an impressive run with my Team Liquid-anchored squad before collapsing late season and placing, say... fourth?

Jenny Angel fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Jan 26, 2015

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Nice work this week Jonny. You whipped my rear end. It's time to think about some potential roster changes. Eddy's Bloodlust is already losing blood too fast for triage.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Half of my team for Week 1 was out (Piglet, Impact, Kori) and I had to replace them. I still managed to win Week 1 with a player from Gambit (Niq), Gamsu (Dignitas), and Meet Your Makers (H0r0)

But the Hype Train has re-fueled after a very bad start and this train has no brakes.

CHOO CHOO IM GOING THROUGH YOU

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."

Flameingblack posted:

Half of my team for Week 1 was out (Piglet, Impact, Kori) and I had to replace them. I still managed to win Week 1 with a player from Gambit (Niq), Gamsu (Dignitas), and Meet Your Makers (H0r0)

But the Hype Train has re-fueled after a very bad start and this train has no brakes.

CHOO CHOO IM GOING THROUGH YOU

You shouldn't sub Fenix out. He made you mad money. Hard to say who's the best replacement there though - Febiven, Piglet and Altec are all great scorers.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Transient People posted:

You shouldn't sub Fenix out. He made you mad money. Hard to say who's the best replacement there though - Febiven, Piglet and Altec are all great scorers.
I had one of the worst first week rosters but still made the best of it, sniped the best players from Europe immediately. I think the winning combination is Feb/Fenix, I have faith Piglet will do better than Altec, but it's still amazing that I've got two more of the top 10 players on my bench that I can't even use. I might trade them out for leverage later on.

e: Or I'll just keep them on the bench so no one can use them against me.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Doublelift was 47.48, it didn't update yet for the second game on that one I guess.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Flameingblack posted:

I had one of the worst first week rosters but still made the best of it, sniped the best players from Europe immediately. I think the winning combination is Feb/Fenix, I have faith Piglet will do better than Altec, but it's still amazing that I've got two more of the top 10 players on my bench that I can't even use. I might trade them out for leverage later on.

e: Or I'll just keep them on the bench so no one can use them against me.

It's a pretty daft league, that's for sure. Wanna do some business? I'd be up for trading whatever ADC you got as a spare for Lustboy, who's likely to perform a fair bit better than Rydle.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Transient People posted:

It's a pretty daft league, that's for sure. Wanna do some business? I'd be up for trading whatever ADC you got as a spare for Lustboy, who's likely to perform a fair bit better than Rydle.
I accidentally dumped Lustboy on accident and didn't notice :downs:

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Flameingblack posted:

I accidentally dumped Lustboy on accident and didn't notice :downs:

I got really lucky with that. I happened to be checking rosters and saw that and was sure it had to be some kinda glitch. I don't mind giving him back if you wanna make a trade though.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Transient People posted:

I got really lucky with that. I happened to be checking rosters and saw that and was sure it had to be some kinda glitch. I don't mind giving him back if you wanna make a trade though.
Strategically, it's okay to take the hit with a middling support player (Although Giants did great week 1) than to give away two top-10 players to get one. Supports are worth a whole lot less than Altec or Huni is right now and keeping those two off anyone's teams just so they can't be used against me is worth a lot more.

I did change him out for Sheep although I hate coast for beating my Winterfox :downs:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

CLG choked at the end and I lost by four points to Flamingbeck.

Luckily, he had yet to take his own advice. And given how someone dropped Cop as a sub, the Maplestreet Braves are missing their title player, but that's okay.

Cause I'm ready to roll on through some transients :getin:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I took most of FNatic instead of most of Giants! because FNatic looks like a whole lot of controlled aggression that's going to get me some fat points later on.

Altho Steelback is probably edging out over Altec.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Which is why I yoinked him. :getin:

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

Allyn posted:

1.10 means they're under 1:1 odds. Means you get 10p winnings for every £1 you bet (in addition to your original stake).

This is nice reading back.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Can y'all in the prize league for cool people post a link to it? I can view your rosters and standings even if I'm not in it, yeah?

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Probably. This work for you?

PS: Peep that third match's score. It's something you just gotta see.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and the other money league. This one's slightly more competitive on average.

Transient People fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Jan 26, 2015

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Transient People posted:

Probably. This work for you?

PS: Peep that third match's score. It's something you just gotta see.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and the other money league. This one's slightly more competitive on average.
You have to be more specific because your third match, my third match, and someone who isn't in the league's third match are all different.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Flameingblack posted:

You have to be more specific because your third match, my third match, and someone who isn't in the league's third match are all different.

Is that so? Interesting. I thought it was always set on one order. Talking about Ffoxface and Dougless' match then. You can't tell me it's not a thing of beauty.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Transient People posted:

Is that so? Interesting. I thought it was always set on one order. Talking about Ffoxface and Dougless' match then. You can't tell me it's not a thing of beauty.

The 70-15 jungle score is particularly striking.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

curiousCat posted:

The 70-15 jungle score is particularly striking.
I'd be willing to give Ffoxface my whole bench just to stand a chance in this league. That'd give them a roster of

Top: Werlyb
Jungler: Diamond (Trade out for Santorin or SaintVicious who are free)
Mid: Froggen
ADC: Altec
Sup: Bunny Fufu
Alt: Fox
Team: Giants

That's a little bit more competitive then stacking a roster with Gambit. Plus I get my husbando Helios and my team Winterfox back to sit on my bench and admire all season.

I don't think it's too early to tell everyone to dump all members of Gambit, H2k, and Dignitas members they have right now. Gamsu doesn't even look like he can hold the team together because Crumbzz seems to push him two steps backwards every time Gamsu takes a step forward. Gamsu is okay, not great, but he's on an awful team he has no ability to hard carry.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Jan 26, 2015

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Saint beating C9 just feels so right.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

I got P1noy auto-drafted. I'll give him to you for Altec if you're feeling generous?

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Prepare yourself, Lovechop :unsmigghh:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

curiousCat posted:

I got P1noy auto-drafted. I'll give him to you for Altec if you're feeling generous?
I'll let you raid my bench just because you're probably poo poo out of luck without some roster swaps and I'd like it to be a little more competitive. I might trade you Huni too depending on how well/poorly Impact does next week. Airwalks is a risky jungler for you, but Saratonin will probably eventually end up being in the top 4 for NA.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Jan 26, 2015

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Flameingblack posted:

I'll let you raid my bench just because you're probably poo poo out of luck without some roster swaps and I'd like it to be a little more competitive. I might trade you Huni too depending on how well/poorly Impact does next week. Airwalks is a risky jungler for you, but Saratonin will probably eventually end up being in the top 4 for NA.

I'm dropping P1noy for you now. I think Altec's all I need.

Edit: P1noy dropped, maplestreet keeping the seat warm.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

I sacrificed Eddy to the gods of bloodlust and he is no longer on my roster. I doubled down on Gravity's bot lane. Since Cop and Sneaky are like my only reliable players, I have renamed my team Police & Thieves. If anyone wants to roll the dice on some lovely trades let me know.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

curiousCat posted:

I'm dropping P1noy for you now. I think Altec's all I need.

Edit: P1noy dropped, maplestreet keeping the seat warm.
He's yours, good luck not coming in last place and I still hold it against you for picking up Helios and Winterfox.

But it's okay because REIGNOVER is almost as handsome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I dropped Santorin since no one had decided to bite on FR3D yet. My backup Jungler is Rush so here's hoping I can pull it together.

• Locked thread