Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
So, realtalk. Season 6 is coming... in the next year or two. We just got a special. Should we be talking new OP soon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
doc hammer is one gross looking dude

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Relin posted:

Yeah, but to goth chicks he looks like Brad Pitt.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Relin posted:

Is this a joke?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Relin posted:

Nah he's pretty normal looking, hangs out on the LES a lot.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Kesper North posted:

Yeah, but to goth chicks he looks like Brad Pitt.

Spot on. My gothiest friend describes him as "the hottest man alive". She even dyed her hair to have a white streak, just like his. It's weird.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

JT Jag posted:

So, realtalk. Season 6 is coming... in the next year or two. We just got a special. Should we be talking new OP soon?

I think a new thread should wait till we have a confirmed release date, or else we could quite seriously end up with the Season 6 thread being 100 pages long before the first episode even airs.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Ithaqua posted:

Spot on. My gothiest friend describes him as "the hottest man alive". She even dyed her hair to have a white streak, just like his. It's weird.

He's absurdly hot.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

“Yeah! Mother helped build the wall! Tear down the wall! Tear down the wall!”

I'm deligfhted that a Nick Fury parody turned was into Hulk parody, but even more happy that Dr. Killenger got brought back.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Great special, not as good as operation prom, but great none the less.It was touching that Rusty finally connected with his brother, and now we got less brothers.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Jan 25, 2015

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
"But we're the Venture Brothers. Shouldn't we work together?"

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

X_Toad posted:

How is that what we should presume? I mean, he told the Investors that they could review the terms at a later time, meaning that he probably hadn't cut a deal with them yet. JJ feels more like a Monstroso than a Sovereign to me, someone who's successful and powerful but is about to die because of a grave disease, rather than some poor sod who wants to be anyone but himself.

I mean JJ did get two doctorates in "like a month". I had Powerless in the Face of Death on earlier, and JJ randomly getting two PhDs now that we know the investors might be involved sounds a lot like Billy's situation. I'm getting the feeling that the special was JJ finally having the Investors come asking for their due.

Also if JJ got where he was by selling his soul, it sorta explains why he was such a spiteful prick. I mean he potentially sold his soul to a bunch of weirdo vampires for the chance to be in a position that Rusty is squandering.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Or JJ was really just good and his deal was just living long enough to complete the station.

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Don't you fear the yetis in Rio?

feedmyleg posted:

I think he'll be with Rusty, since he already helped out at Rusty's Day Camp.

e: or Sally, yes. I hope we get a fun episode about Incorrigible trying to course correct back to Impossible and fatherhood and becoming a domesticated decent dude.

It would be funnier is Dr. Impossible tries to hard to be a domesticated decent dude and it pisses off Sally to the point she winds up with the Sea Captain.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I can honestly see them taking the Council of 13 in the route of NOT having thirteen members, but still demanding to be called Council of 13.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Davros1 posted:

I can honestly see them taking the Council of 13 in the route of NOT having thirteen members, but still demanding to be called Council of 13.

"YOU HAVE BEEN SUMMONED BY THE COUNCIL OF *cough cough*"

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
Or they could go straight-up Python with it.

YOU HAVE BEEN SUMMONED TO APPEAR BEFORE THE COUNCIL OF UNTIL RECENTLY THIRTEEN!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

"WE ARE THE COUNCIL OF, QUOTE, THIRTEEN, UNQUOTE. IMAGINE I JUST DID AIR QUOTES THERE. ARE YOU FAMILIAR WITH THE BIG 12 COLLEGE FOOTBALL CONFERENCE?"

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

JT Jag posted:

"WE ARE THE COUNCIL OF, QUOTE, THIRTEEN, UNQUOTE. IMAGINE I JUST DID AIR QUOTES THERE. ARE YOU FAMILIAR WITH THE BIG 12 COLLEGE FOOTBALL CONFERENCE?"

Red Mantle: "Why are you telling them to imagine air quotes? We have holograms and silhouettes. Quotation marks are something we should be able to do visibly!"

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Y-Hat posted:

Wonder what Brendon Small's excuse is.
For some reason AS still hasn't greenlit another season of Metalocalypse from what I'm hearing.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Tenzarin posted:

Great special, not as good as operation prom, but great none the less.It was touching that Rusty finally connected with his brother, and now we got less brothers.

When did they kill Jefferson Twilight?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

JT Jag posted:

Said by Ward / Watch

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

I just want to know how to become a hulk after exposure to gamma rays and not a cancer boy.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Percelus posted:

I just want to know how to become a hulk after exposure to gamma rays and not a cancer boy.

Yeah why the hell would anyone become a hulk after exposure to gamma radiation?!?

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Percelus posted:

Well first ya gots to have the peepee cansker

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Percelus posted:

He probably has received a lot of weird super science treatments against his terminal cancer as head of OSI and from the start the guy had what looks like a power source in his shoulder. So" weirdness" overload/convergence, i guess. And since the treatments against his cancer wouldn't work, of course the real "weird super science" solution was to give him MORE cancer, not less.

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Jan 26, 2015

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Alternatively, maybe the little green men made him a hulk.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP
Cancer is only bad because the cells in your body don't die, so you grow tumours which rip apart your organs. If you got a nice, even, gamma ray cooking, you might get cancer in all of your cells, causing them to never die, but to constantly grow and divide in perfect order, becoming more dense with every meal, immortal, indestructible, until the only thing left in the universe is a black hole with a hulk in the middle.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

FlamingLiberal posted:

For some reason AS still hasn't greenlit another season of Metalocalypse from what I'm hearing.

Brandon Small and them are still arguing about budget from an interview Small did last year. He wants a big enough budget to end the show properly with the fifth season.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Toplowtech posted:

He probably has received a lot of weird super science treatments against his terminal cancer as head of OSI and from the start the guy had what looks like a power source in his shoulder. So" weirdness" overload/convergence, i guess. And since the treatments against his cancer wouldn't work, of course the real "weird super science" solution was to give him MORE cancer, not less.

That's a robot heart! Everybody wants one ever since Da Iron Man.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Toplowtech posted:

the guy had what looks like a power source in his shoulder.

...which could just be an overly-elaborate PICC line for chemo treatments. They were using it in G2's med bay to administer drips, it looked like.

Megaspel posted:

Cancer is only bad because the cells in your body don't die, so you grow tumours which rip apart your organs. If you got a nice, even, gamma ray cooking, you might get cancer in all of your cells, causing them to never die, but to constantly grow and divide in perfect order, becoming more dense with every meal, immortal, indestructible, until the only thing left in the universe is a black hole with a hulk in the middle.

I think the way - and forgive me for going all 'comic book nerd' here :cripes: - is that every time Banner (or any of the other Hulks) return to their human form after 'Hulking out,' they're effectively left with a pristine new human body, likely devoid of any ailment or defect (save the acute anger issue) that weren't already there due to their original genetics. Punisher once detonated 30 pounds of C4 in Hulk's stomach and intestines to trigger enough pain for him to revert back to human, and Banner had no damage.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Jan 26, 2015

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I think the way - and forgive me for going all 'comic book nerd' here :cripes: - is that every time Banner (or any of the other Hulks) return to their human form after 'Hulking out,' they're effectively left with a pristine new human body, likely devoid of any ailment or defect (save the acute anger issue) that weren't already there due to their original genetics. Punisher once detonated 30 pounds of C4 in Hulk's stomach and intestines to trigger enough pain for him to revert back to human, and Banner had no damage.

Didn't he (or She-Hulk) drink waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much alcohol as a hulk, then return to human form and became horribly sick?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Red posted:

Didn't he (or She-Hulk) drink waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much alcohol as a hulk, then return to human form and became horribly sick?

That was She-Hulk. Issue #1, page 25.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

There's also the time zombie hulk reverted to banner and kind of burst open from all the people inside his stomach.

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011
So, have we done some sort of inventory of the results the "narrative clean up" of the special may have in the future? So far, here's what I can see :
- JJ is dead, although for me, it didn't feel so much like clean-up than the easiest way to have the Ventures move to a new setting.
- the subplot with the Investors is taken care of.
- the Investors, the Sovereign and most of the GCI's Council of Thirteen are dead, but the Guild still lives under (mostly) new management thanks to Killinger.
. related : the O.S.I had next-to-nothing to do with all those events, and they shake up the status quo enough that Hunter has to basically start from scratch.
- the Ventures move in a different city, with Doc now in charge of a company worth multiple billions. I see this impacting the show in different ways :
. there should be new ways for the regular cast hanging around the compound (Billy, White, Dermott, the Order of the Triad) to impact plots.
. new enemies attracted by Doc's new wealth and possessions.
. Brock coming back now that Rusty is once again a sensitive target? He could share the position with Hatred if the later quits the O.S.I and is instead hired directly by Rusty?
. 21's knowledge of the Venture's compound is now useless, which I believe will impact his effectiveness in the Monarch's war on Venture.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
The O.S.I. wouldn't take Hatred off "Operation Rusty's Blanket" unless they were really desperate. They put him there because they know he's almost worthless to everything else they do (they straight up call him a wash out in O.S.I. Love You). If Brock gets put back with the Ventures he'll probably end up working alongside Hatred but I don't think Brock is coming back.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Also:
- All of the Monarch's henchmen except 21 are dead, including the moppets
- No more revenge society, they've neatly merged with the guild

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

X_Toad posted:

. 21's knowledge of the Venture's compound is now useless, which I believe will impact his effectiveness in the Monarch's war on Venture.

I doubt that as he is one of the most competent people on the show.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
There's probably going to be at least one episode involving exploring one of the many underground components of the old venture compound, most likely one that wasn't touched on before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Cat Terrist posted:

Said by Ward / Watch
Yeah, split that into two separate quotes and it's pretty much exactly a Watch/Ward line