Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

evilweasel posted:

still cracking me up the winkelvii got beaten again

what is that thing called where gbs posters want to use -ii plurals as if they were applicable to words not ending in -ius?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

A moron posted:

Alright lets say it's hand made and mostly carved + machine for the fine details. He has always delivered and great product now we are going to attack his reputation because he is exaggerating.. Sounds kind of like a bored soccer mom looking for someone to harass... :S

Technically he is not lying.. he did carve some by hand. Some of it was made by hand thus it was hand made..

"See that nick there in the corner? I totally made that with my own two hands."

Why is every single person involved with bitcoin in anyway either a scammer or a moron?

e: poo poo it's not that hard to see what was made by hand and what was cut by laser.

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Jan 26, 2015

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

newreply.php posted:

what is that thing called where gbs posters want to use -ii plurals as if they were applicable to words not ending in -ius?

stupidity

pylb
Sep 22, 2010

"The superfluous, a very necessary thing"

Deacon of Delicious
Aug 20, 2007

I bet the twist ending is Dracula's dick-babies

newreply.php posted:

hypercorrection

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

lmao at the video "proof" that he's a master artisan, it's more than an hour of him loving up a laser cut design with a dremel. and half the coiners find it completely convincing. the whole argument is so loving petty too

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

ohhh yeah this takes me back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARzcpt4gBMc

The complete lack of audio and deliberate concealment of his face gives the conspiracy theorist in me the hope it's actually Johnniewalker trying his hand at something that involves fewer power tools aimed at his junk.

e: oh man this thread combined with these three photos really puts the nail in the coffin that dude uses a laser engraver; all the logos are on perfectly cylindrical parts of the pieces

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

hmmm NYSE gets top billing, I'm sure they were the largest investor in that mess...

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

this is really well done

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
My wacky theory is that coinbase is still sitting on btc deposited to them for purchases and this is their exit strategy, I.e. they will be dumpers in chief on their own exchange/brokerage

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

friggin awesome

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
someone please photoshop some teeth in DPR's gross face please, these shops are very unsettling to me otherwise

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
looking forward to the movie about the winklevosses suing coin base for stealing their idea

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

ruby idiot railed posted:

My wacky theory is that coinbase is still sitting on btc deposited to them for purchases and this is their exit strategy, I.e. they will be dumpers in chief on their own exchange/brokerage

i like the idea that the best and easiest way to get real money out of bitcoin is to start your own exchange

it might even be true

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

be your own bank exchange

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

i'm in tears

Greyhawk
May 30, 2001

newreply.php posted:

gibbii

quote:

HELP ! Lost wallet data, 5BTC reward (self.Bitcoin)
submitted 7 hours ago * by markanderson44

I recently got a new computer and loaded bitcoin client on it.

I had a wallet.dat saved with 500BTC on it ... 300/100/100 was how I loaded it and then I proceeded to do transactions with it for the last month

Now I loaded my wallet today and it appears all my info is gone EXCEPT the initial 300BTC transaction. I cant see any of the subsequent transactions.

The wallet is 1JmDpGask6riXwRNNssAGFuR5szpQug8cA

I cant see any of my receiving addresses, the transactions screen has 1 transaction ... its insane !

Today I did a .8BTC transaction from another computer and it showed up, so wtf ?

My question and area I need help in is where has all the in between data gone ? From Oct 2 until today right before the .8 transaction.

Please help. I am offering a 5BTC reward.

beepee
Apr 29, 2010

newreply.php posted:

someone please photoshop some teeth in DPR's gross face please, these shops are very unsettling to me otherwise

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.
I can't wait until they make a follow up to breaking bad starring walt jr as ross ulbrich

except walt jr competently created a website, sooooo

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

walt jr seems savvy enough to not keep his pgp key in documnets\key.txt

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

Hurt Whitey Maybe posted:

I can't wait until they make a follow up to breaking bad starring walt jr as ross ulbrich

I support this as long as when he's arrested they change it to be he's eating breakfast

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Now put an isopod in there!

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Hurt Whitey Maybe posted:

Walt jr made a competent website like mark Karpeles made a competent website

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

FrozenVent posted:

looking forward to the movie about the winklevosses suing coin base for stealing their idea

Looking forward to goons not watching it and making fun of goons who reference it

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

wow i can just barely tell that it's an edit

if it were just karpelese i wouldn't be able to tell at all

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

5 forever

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

newreply.php posted:

easier to say in english

Rick Ross Ulbricht
Feb 3, 2010

put yourself in the shoes of a prosecutor trying to build a case against you. what evidence could they pin on you? there is nothing on your laptop for them to use, if you obscure your bitcoins propperly, there is no way for them to trace them back to me.

gonna go edit out my poor attempt now

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord
no you're not
no chargebacks!!

Rick Ross Ulbricht
Feb 3, 2010

put yourself in the shoes of a prosecutor trying to build a case against you. what evidence could they pin on you? there is nothing on your laptop for them to use, if you obscure your bitcoins propperly, there is no way for them to trace them back to me.

jony ive aces posted:

no you're not

no chargebacks!!

Postchain technology disrupting my poo poo posts :argh:

theflyingexecutive posted:

nice username/av

who did you used to be?

A bad lurker named Remicks

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord
how can you be bad at lurking

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

theyre posting

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

theyre posting

Rick Ross Ulbricht
Feb 3, 2010

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

theyre posting

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

theyre posting

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
excuse me, it's "there"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

ruby idiot railed posted:

coming soon, a petroleum commodity and futures exchange owned and operated by exxon mobil

the potential here for gox-esque market manipulation shenanigans is enormous

• Locked thread