Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
What I learned today is that until Rockstar fix their in-game voice implementation I'm going to be either deaf, mute or perfectly fine in a PSN party when it comes to GTA Online voice-comms. Do other PS4 games with in-game voice perform this same way? In that you you can only hear chatter if you have no input and TV/Amp for output, or if you have the DS4 headset and its giving you all audio?

What I need: USB input for mic, USB output for chat audio, game audio to HDMI/TOSLINK (or combined with chat audio), if PSN chats can do it then :argh:

e: just learned that this is solved by buying the PS4 camera and muting its mic, then you will be able to set in-game chat audio to go through speakers in a situation like mine jfc
e: another temporary solution is plugging in the 3.5mm TRSS and taking it out again on the audio devices adjustments screen so that the output sticks as "TV or Amp" instead of sticking as "USB audio" on both input and output. Whichever party is responsible for it working this bad when the PS3 did it fine :argh:

Scyron posted:

Things I learned last night while trying to get my friend a chrome dubsta. I cannot repair it, or mod it in anyways or it is "mine" even without a tracker or insurance. Somehow you can dupe cars while driving around because we found a duped dubsta of mine, that already had the suspension and horn modified, while driving around trying to spawn a second one. When my friend tried to mod the second one it said someone already had modified it (me) somehow, despite it being on the side of the road next to Martin's house.

Sometimes this game, auhg.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jan 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe

circ dick soleil posted:

I hope the heist update comes out tomorrow.

I hope we see some cool new features in the next trailer announcing heists have been delayed another 6-12 months.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Zenzizenzizenzic posted:

I hope we see some cool new features in the next trailer announcing heists have been delayed another 6-12 months.

you weren't ready!

-Rockstar Games

you're, uh, still not ready!

-Rockstar Games

ha ha ha suck our diiiiiicks

-Rockstar Games

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Scyron posted:

Things I learned last night while trying to get my friend a chrome dubsta. I cannot repair it, or mod it in anyways or it is "mine" even without a tracker or insurance. Somehow you can dupe cars while driving around because we found a duped dubsta of mine, that already had the suspension and horn modified, while driving around trying to spawn a second one. When my friend tried to mod the second one it said someone already had modified it (me) somehow, despite it being on the side of the road next to Martin's house.

Sometimes this game, auhg.

Did you find it at LSC? If so it was most likely Aardmania and me. Driving by yours spawned another for me and I think yours was grabbed thinking it was just some abandoned one.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:

geeves posted:

Did you find it at LSC? If so it was most likely Aardmania and me. Driving by yours spawned another for me and I think yours was grabbed thinking it was just some abandoned one.

Nope. I was just rolling the hills and I found one, and then I tried giving the one I found to my friend, he couldn't sell it, so I drove up to the hills again and found another one, and it was apparently already modded by me or some other player. It is odd.

Anyhow I managed to get to 600k now. I was planning on trying to hit a Mil or so, for when heists come out.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
I am very late to the game here - how do I get my hands on one of the modded Dubstas?

I don't have one currently to spawn them.

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

Kelly posted:

I am very late to the game here - how do I get my hands on one of the modded Dubstas?

Related, do the 6 wheeled dubstas spawn the chrome ones or whatever? I got drunk this weekend and bought one (and a dukes, and a futo and and and)and now i feel poor :negative:

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Kelly posted:

For the chrome, it's like the hearse. Pretty much need someone to spawn it for you, but I got lucky and found one on my own. I have one, so next time on, I'll get you one if you want.

e: I'll be on tonight, probably from about 7-9 EST.

double e: If you've got a hearse and can spawn one, I wouldn't mind that as a tip. If not, no worries. Happy to get you the Dubsta either way.

MrLonghair posted:

This is the sound of people recommending you get a Vita for remote play goodness.

Took your advice and just bought one on the way home from NYC.

Count Freebasie fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jan 26, 2015

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle
You actually don't need one to start spawning them at all. It's just quicker if you have one.

If you don't have one already, you go up around the curve from the intersection that they spawn in, sit in the driveway of a house, and one will eventually spawn. It did it for me and I was in my sultan.

Once you have one, it gets much easier. They spawn from 7 - 3p. I tend to pick up three in that time period, and that's taking into account me driving to get one, then driving it all the way down to the airport garages, and then going back up. I will load up a 10-car garage with them, then sell them all off and repeat. It's an easy $365,000 in between missions and races and what-not.

Kelly, if no one helps, I'll be in tonight and will help you snag one.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
I really want to do this because I need moneys but I can't cope with emptying out one of my garages :gonk:

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

You actually don't need one to start spawning them at all. It's just quicker if you have one.

If you don't have one already, you go up around the curve from the intersection that they spawn in, sit in the driveway of a house, and one will eventually spawn. It did it for me and I was in my sultan.

Once you have one, it gets much easier. They spawn from 7 - 3p. I tend to pick up three in that time period, and that's taking into account me driving to get one, then driving it all the way down to the airport garages, and then going back up. I will load up a 10-car garage with them, then sell them all off and repeat. It's an easy $365,000 in between missions and races and what-not.

Kelly, if no one helps, I'll be in tonight and will help you snag one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMUBL-EcxlI

They also spawn at the central LSC. Usually between noon and 2pm. They have spawned for me both with and without a modded Dubsta. First time I ignored it, thought it might be an ignition bomb trap, but it was there another time when I was the only one in a server. It's usually backed into the space. Also there are modded Sabres, Ruiners, etc.

There are also modded Sentinels near Eclipse Towers. The blue ones are harder to spot but are worth a few grand more. The yellow and black ones, I've run into more often. With the Sad Trombone, they are between 27.9 and 30.5k. Give or take a few hundred. They spawn between 00:00 and 4:00am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVqgmC3dEy4

Saw this on reddit: all of the modded cars that have been found (or most of them at least). No times were given for the others. I have seen the blue /green Ruiner a few times at LSC, but never had room to store it to see what it paid out.

https://imgur.com/a/clstc

If you can't find any of them and have the garage space, just grab a Baller, add the Sad Trombone (go to Suspension, then back out and go to Horn and add for free) for 22k. With the horn, regular Dubstas go for 20k. F620s 21k. Modded Sabres, if I recall correctly, were 23k - 27k.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Thanks everyone! I am not sure if I will be on tonight...if I am I will find one of you guys to help for sure.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Count Freebasie posted:

double e: If you've got a hearse and can spawn one, I wouldn't mind that as a tip. If not, no worries. Happy to get you the Dubsta either way.

I've got a (bright pink crew-colored) hearse. Basically you just loop around the block with the church and cemetery, yeah?

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

I've got a (bright pink crew-colored) hearse. Basically you just loop around the block with the church and cemetery, yeah?

At this point, you have to be in a hearse to get one to spawn. I've yet to see one in the game, and I've been by the spawn points countless times.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Two more levels until I get my tank. Is it everything I dream it'll be? :allears:

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

commy gun posted:

Two more levels until I get my tank. Is it everything I dream it'll be? :allears:

My opinion: No. There's now a tank icon that allows everyone to know you're coming. It takes away the fun of surprise. Unless you're sitting on millions already, save a bit more and buy a buzzard first. It's far more useful and will make missions much, much easier. You'll be able to make your money back far more quickly with it than you would a tank. Tanks can be useful in missions, but given the spawn locations and their slow speed can make missions take longer.

However, if you really want to go on rampages against the police, etc. by all means buy the tank. But they are now easier for everyone to take out with a couple of hits and, hell, even a level 1 can take you out now with the homing missiles.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
At which point you can turn around and kill them forever as they don't have any money to buy other bullets if they blew it all on launcher ammo :v:

But yeah, freeroam tank rampages are mostly a thing of the past. I own one and it's fun to smash around in (or do Blow Up II) but I bought the Buzzard long, long before I considered dropping money on a Rhino.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Aren't buzzards an easy target for homing launchers? I've killed a few already.

Does it make a difference if you have people around you to pick of pesky grenade throwers and such? I don't plan on going on a tank rampage on my own.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

If you have a bounty, it mostly obscures the tank icon. Unless someone is sitting on top of their TV they won't be able to see it. I'm sitting pretty close to a 50 inch TV and can't see it all that well typically.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

commy gun posted:

They are, so it's a good rule of thumb to go passive if you're going up in one. You're probably not evading homing launchers unless you're in a jet like a Lazer.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

commy gun posted:

sure, but they're also a billion times more useful in missions. If your only interest is killing all white dots in freeroam, then sure get a tank. If you have any interest in fast transportation, easy missions, and all-around utility, get a Buzzard.

As for the other question, yes - having a teammate to back you up can help a lot. If people call muggers (a useful technique to get you out of your tank) or get behind you, someone around to clear them out is very handy.

It's not foolproof, of course.

Psion fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Jan 27, 2015

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Policenaut posted:

They are, so it's a good rule of thumb to go passive if you're going up in one. You're probably not evading homing launchers unless you're in a jet like a Lazer.

Yep, however it's not too difficult, especially if you're downtown and already moving, to weave through buildings to throw off the homing rocket. If you're moving slowly or hovering and not in passive, you're most likely going to be shot down.

If there are two of you, you can get high enough and be right over your target. Since they can't aim straight up to lock on you, the player operating the rockets can usually take them out.

Kelly posted:

If you have a bounty, it mostly obscures the tank icon. Unless someone is sitting on top of their TV they won't be able to see it. I'm sitting pretty close to a 50 inch TV and can't see it all that well typically.

I don't think TV size matters too much. I have the same problem with a similar size. Usually I can tell when they turn since the bounty symbol stays in the same orientation and the tank symbol turns independently.

commy gun posted:

Does it make a difference if you have people around you to pick of pesky grenade throwers and such? I don't plan on going on a tank rampage on my own.

This is usually what happens with us. Some will keep the combat roller occupied while the tank moves in for the kill. That is if they are stubborn enough not to drop into passive mode.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Lazer jet rampages are more of a thing. Shorter lock-on distance for that than helicopters too, and then the window, and then their explosive bullets hitting with shotgun strength, and then and then and then..

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Psion posted:

sure, but they're also a billion times more useful in missions.

Good point.

quote:

If your only interest is killing all white dots in freeroam

Oh......

quote:

then sure get a tank

Sold.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Happy hunting! :v:

also definitely play Blow Up II with your tank at least once, read some of Kelly's back posts on the way to do it (pretty simple, hide the car and explode all cops for 10 minutes, then get out, die, respawn, drive car to Simeon trouble-free)

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Count Freebasie posted:

At this point, you have to be in a hearse to get one to spawn. I've yet to see one in the game, and I've been by the spawn points countless times.

Oh when I said "you" I meant "me". Like if I wanted to help people spawn one I would just drive around the block?

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Oh when I said "you" I meant "me". Like if I wanted to help people spawn one I would just drive around the block?

Exactly. Same happens with the silver/gold Dubsta. Those will spawn without you being in one, but the odds of one spawning when you hit that one intersection while in one are 100%.

Hence, if anyone needs a Dubsta, let me know. If anyone wants to hook a brotha up with a hearse, also, let me know. :)

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Psion posted:

Happy hunting! :v:

also definitely play Blow Up II with your tank at least once, read some of Kelly's back posts on the way to do it (pretty simple, hide the car and explode all cops for 10 minutes, then get out, die, respawn, drive car to Simeon trouble-free)

Is this to hord xp?

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Yeah I'd happily help you with a hearse. I play pretty much nightly, like 7ish to 10ish EST unless I have an awful headache or something although that schedule might shift a bit next week. Even so, my PSN is niceboyonline

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Yeah I'd happily help you with a hearse. I play pretty much nightly, like 7ish to 10ish EST unless I have an awful headache or something although that schedule might shift a bit next week. Even so, my PSN is niceboyonline

I'll look out for you

<- trainwreck708

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

commy gun posted:

Is this to hord xp?

Yes - if you do it correctly (kill cops for at least 10 minutes on hard) you get around 10K RP and $21,000

You have to make sure you get the car out of the line of fire - I used to put it behind the building or across the street in the alley. Call the cops off you via Lester once you get into the car and take off for the dealership.

The threshold is 200 cops, which solo in a tank takes about 10 minutes.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
I just park the car in the subway tunnel near the dealership, then steal a car to get to the tank.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Kelly posted:

Yes - if you do it correctly (kill cops for at least 10 minutes on hard) you get around 10K RP and $21,000

You have to make sure you get the car out of the line of fire - I used to put it behind the building or across the street in the alley. Call the cops off you via Lester once you get into the car and take off for the dealership.

The threshold is 200 cops, which solo in a tank takes about 10 minutes.

Do you still get an XP bonus if you do it in free-aim vs auto? I see to recall something about that when I was getting to 120.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

geeves posted:

Do you still get an XP bonus if you do it in free-aim vs auto? I see to recall something about that when I was getting to 120.

Far as I know you do...I've never done this in free aim, but it would actually be a really mission since the tank is basically set in the mode.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

commy gun posted:

Yeah but as long as you Never Stop Movin' and stay low to use buildings and trees to gently caress up their lock it isn't too bad.

Policenaut posted:

You're probably not evading homing launchers unless you're in a jet like a Lazer.

Here's a funny story - I can watch dudes in Lazers just go straight and outrun my ground-launched homing missiles all day but when I'm in a Lazer and there's a missile streaking towards me I can't, for some reason (probably loving comcast) get away from them at all. No boom'n'zoom, no out-turning, no just hauling rear end straight up. No matter what, one launch = me getting a crippled plane every single time. Not only that, other than the initial "Hey someone might be pinging you" lock on beep, I don't get to hear the OH gently caress A MISSILE IS LOCKED AND INBOUND rapid beep-beep-beep anymore. I only know it's coming if I press R3 to look backwards and can sometimes hear it in the surround sound.

Hooooraaaaay R* :downsbravo:

Also, you got 4 days left where the gently caress are Heists, R*?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

geeves posted:

I believe free-aim missions still have an XP bonus, yeah. Not sure if that's true on PS4/Xbone though.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

I had to look up a guide on how to do it, but I was jealous of everyone with custom plates, so here's my dude lookin' gangster with his whip and new plates:

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
Where's the guide?

awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

omg chael crash posted:

Nice, uh, plate homie

A lot of people have trouble deciphering it

I mean how is it not obvious enough?

Anyhow, more not-e-class shots. I think it's one of the best-looking sedans in the game, and definitely the best pick for cruising around with yo homies.

awesome-express fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Jan 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/01/28/playstation-meet-spotify/

Yessssssssss the only thing that would make this better is if I could broadcast O Fortuna through the game radio.

• Locked thread