Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm not hearing any crowd edits so far...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edwardian
May 4, 2010

"Can we have a bit of decorum on this forum?"

Evil Badman posted:

The gently caress did you want them to do today, if not replay the matches? Real answers.

Honestly? Clip show might have been better than giving people who paid money to watch last night the back of their hands by showing this for free.

Especially when you already have a number of people who feel as if they've been badly used, financially-speaking.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

Yeah, gently caress this. Giving away the matches is one thing, but the crowd noise edits are insulting. Good luck, whomever stays.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Man, I'll rewatch this match because it was rad, but I'm not sure I'd watch any others from last night.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

abraham linksys posted:

Clip show of good stuff over the last year to remind people why WWE can, in fact, be good, including Roman Reigns matches that weren't terrible, would have been fine

This is the best answer, actually.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Codependent Poster posted:

This isn't helping the Cancel WWE Network hashtag to go away.

Hmm, we appear to have insulted the poo poo out of our fans last night and they took it hard enough to punch back. What can we do to salvage this? I KNOW REPLAY THE THINGS THAT INFURIATED THEM ONLY MAKE IT EVEN MORE OBVIOUS WILL WE GET THE RESULTS WE WANTED NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO FKLDFAHAEFJLEF *falls face first into a giant mountain of cocaine and begins snorting*

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Oh there's no win here, there's nothing they could do that wouldn't suck, but at least, I dunno, some kinda fallout show or something could get cobbled together couldn't it?

They already did that after the PPV

I guess they could have aired that. Hell, they probably will air the promos

Sushipants
Sep 8, 2010

Cabbit posted:

They're booing Cena. Did somebody play the wrong tape?

They spent literally all of their sound editing time on the Rumble match.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
I mean this was a cool match and all but otoh REmake HD.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Oh there's no win here, there's nothing they could do that wouldn't suck, but at least, I dunno, some kinda fallout show or something could get cobbled together couldn't it?

Not for three hours, without extreme difficulty and/or a ten minute improvised Adam Rose segment

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
If they were smart they would have replayed this match last. Although I guess playing the Rumble first might have alienated so many viewers nobody would stick around for the awesome triple threat.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Jerusalem posted:

Ahhh, there are those boos. Those sweet, sweet boos.

Let us all imbibe in the sweet, luscious tears of Cena fans

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Woodchip posted:

I'm still hearing Cena get booed, did they not change the audio?

Please rebroadcast the Rock getting booed.
They've not changed it much but it's been very, very slightly balanced out.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

What the hell? I'm not playing, I'm running the game. You can't vote the game maker.

We're in a Rawless Monday situation, man, chaos reigns.

Mr Gorgon Holmes
Aug 1, 2007
Ask me about being possesed by the spirit of John Holmes

Akileese posted:

Please tell me you're kidding.

It had the audio no video just stuck on the WWE then now forever logo it went to an inexplicable ad and came back halfway through the match

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
Should've shipped as many as they could down to the performance center and tried to rock it from there.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
i genuinely dont get why they would replay this when the #cancelwwenetwork thing is still trending

like it doesnt matter how much they sweeten the crowd, getting the rumble more exposure is in no way a good thing when even the casual fans that dont make 1000 word posts about wrasslin' hated it

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Tatum Girlparts posted:

We're in a Rawless Monday situation, man, chaos reigns.

Oh my god, rename Roman right now.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

GrimGypsy posted:

Yeah, gently caress this. Giving away the matches is one thing, but the crowd noise edits are insulting. Good luck, whomever stays.

I'm not hearing any. At all. Am I just deaf?

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Yeah I haven't really heard anything to indicate it.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Evil Badman posted:

This is the best answer, actually.

Shield/Wyatts from EC, Shield/Evolution 1... I don't know if I can think of any other great matches. Only matches involving that vanilla midget.

Oh, and I guess Cena/Lesnar 1.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

HAHAHAHAHA so here's a poo poo show with ONE great match, and for you suckers that paid. Here's compensation by showing the drat thing for free. So much for having the heat die down. If they MASSIVELY edit the boos it will only make it worse, if they let all those boos and bullshit go through it will only make stew what was already there. Best Raw of 2015.

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

Yuriy posted:

i genuinely dont get why they would replay this when the #cancelwwenetwork thing is still trending

like it doesnt matter how much they sweeten the crowd, getting the rumble more exposure is in no way a good thing when even the casual fans that dont make 1000 word posts about wrasslin' hated it

Speculating but I think the argument that their main focus is pleasing USA Network at the moment is probably accurate.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
usually i just find it funny when the WWE fucks up but i'm legitimately mad that they are giving away the royal rumble for free. feel free to make fun of me for caring about something

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Evil Badman posted:

The gently caress did you want them to do today, if not replay the matches? Real answers.

Promos from wrestlers on angles they're involved in (that limits things to Cena and Rusev sadly), in-depth interviews with guys on how they feel about their performances in the Rumble and what they intend to do going to Wrestlemania, recap packages followed by roundtable discussions on stuff - primarily angles building towards Wrestlemania. Something with the Authority being pissed off about something and calling an angry meeting about it. Seth Rollins finding a Playboy in Jamie Noble's locker and giving him a stern talking to.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Kane cutting the worst house show promo I've ever seen in Canada.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I'm not hearing any. At all. Am I just deaf?

I'm hearing it faintly but I have my tv up to "seismic vibrations registering" scale to get over the artillery range nearby.

PSP I'm thinking of a number between 1 and 30. What number am I thinking of?

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Omally posted:

usually i just find it funny when the WWE fucks up but i'm legitimately mad that they are giving away the royal rumble for free. feel free to make fun of me for caring about something

okay

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Yuriy posted:

Re-playing an awesome match for an audience that may not have seen it is actually a good idea? Like what do you want them to do?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Jerusalem posted:

Promos from wrestlers on angles they're involved in (that limits things to Cena and Rusev sadly), in-depth interviews with guys on how they feel about their performances in the Rumble and what they intend to do going to Wrestlemania, recap packages followed by roundtable discussions on stuff. Something with the Authority being pissed off about something and calling an angry meeting about it. Seth Rollins finding a Playboy in Jamie Noble's locker and giving him a stern talking to.

They're doing promos and stuff too... it's a 3 hour show, they have a ton of time to kill.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I'm hearing it faintly but I have my tv up to "seismic vibrations registering" scale to get over the artillery range nearby.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Sable 4:69 420

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Did you not hear the "CEEEEEEEENAAAAAAAAAAAA CEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" chants that were obviously canned?

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

10!

Wait, 10 is a stupid number. You're thinking of 19! And if you're not we're going to tell you you were by editing the number.

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

So is all of Seth's offense just springboards?

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Eltoasto posted:

Re-playing an awesome match for an audience that may not have seen it is actually a good idea? Like what do you want them to do?

i dont mean the triple threat i mean the rumble that theyre airing in the entirety bro

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Have WWE ever had to cancel a PPV due to weather/other issues? I know Beware of Dog went down for most of the show due to a blackout but anything else?

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

You are poor at counting.

Winner. Just like last night.

:shepface:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Fluffy Bunnies posted: