Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

minoru suzuki posted:

nothing of the sort has ever been suggested or talked about with global force.

Really? Eh, I got two friends I need lop upside the head then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Skunkrocker posted:

Really? Eh, I got two friends I need lop upside the head then.

GFW's only show thus far was literally NJPW's biggest PPV (well, until this year) just with JR and Matt Striker calling it.

It was also awesome, and it would be cool if they did more of that.

You could also watch the NJPW show on AXS, which is pretty awesome, being pretty much highlights of the last few years of New Japan.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

still updating that OP the interviews havn't been anything special except for Brock slipping and saying "Who" and instantly catching himself when asked about Roman Reigns

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
So they did change the audio huh? I wonder how big the cheers are gonna be hahaha

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

Good Listener posted:

So they did change the audio huh? I wonder how big the cheers are gonna be hahaha

Yeah, I wanna know how big they made the pop for Reigns now.

*Reigns and Rock in the middle of the ring, rock looks confused and threatened, Camera cuts to shot of people going wild and cheering their rear end off. It is from a different arena, an Austin 3:16 sign is in the background*

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Guys, stop talking poo poo, GFW isn't a "fantasy" at all.

It's a t-shirt company.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

KungFu Grip posted:

still updating that OP the interviews havn't been anything special except for Brock slipping and saying "Who" and instantly catching himself when asked about Roman Reigns

I mean, they were good, competent, and dare-I-say-entertaining promos, which is something special in and of itself considering the recent history of Raw

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Sex Robot posted:

Yeah, I wanna know how big they made the pop for Reigns now.

*Reigns and Rock in the middle of the ring, rock looks confused and threatened, Camera cuts to shot of people going wild and cheering their rear end off. It is from a different arena, an Austin 3:16 sign is in the background*

They havent sweetened the audio at all.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Who is exactly how Brock should respond. Roman has done poo poo since he's arrived in the WWE. He's not on Brock's Radar, He's not a HHH, an Undertaker, a Cena. Who the gently caress is this kid to step in Brock's domain.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Memento posted:

Guys, stop talking poo poo, GFW isn't a "fantasy" at all.

It's a t-shirt company.

gently caress you

they also sell trucker hats

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Daniel Bryan has hit the Rumble in the gdt. :smith:

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

D-Bry now looks like complete poo poo imo. There's really no way to save face after the Rumble debacle, considering his promos in the past couple weeks. WWE hosed a duck on this one, big time.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

super macho dude posted:

D-Bry now looks like complete poo poo imo. There's really no way to save face after the Rumble debacle, considering his promos in the past couple weeks. WWE hosed a duck on this one, big time.

If WWE committed to pulling him out of the grave they just dug him, they still could. He hasn't been booked bad long enough to be underground yet.

That said, he's getting a casket match with Kane on Thursday, so obviously they are not reversing course. They still could, but they won't.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

He's LITERALLY gonna get buried.
:thejoke:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
I just hope Bryan realises that staying in the midcard and having good-great matches with Cesaro and Ziggler etc. for hopefully a ton of money is a better option than going to Japan and ruining his poo poo cranking out 5* matches with Okada and Styles for not as much. He still has it, but there's always going to be a question mark over his head for a lot of people with regards to his neck.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

super macho dude posted:

People aren't upset that he looks bad. They're upset that they didn't get the story they wanted.

If they give the crowd the story they want, Daniel Bryan will be immediately rehabilitated. It will seem miraculous, and it would be, because that's what it takes to get the WWE to remove all these notions of "looking bad," which only exist in the minds of idiot men who came in a time thirty years-past and the folks who have latched on to that thinking despite the disservice it does to them.

The thing is, even the WWE understands this. Because they're trying to reconstruct the narrative of Roman Reigns right now, despite how loving awful he looked, in a classical sense, last night. They just don't want to believe that they can apply the same rehabilitation to Bryan, because he's not their guy.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

just have curtis axel claim he never got to enter, have The Authority use it as an excuse to do a do-over shorter rumble with like 20 people to get the shot off of Reigns, and then have someone who's actually over win the 2nd time. it's super loving cheap but there's still ways to get roman out of that spot and someone else in there

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

Dexo posted:

Who is exactly how Brock should respond. Roman has done poo poo since he's arrived in the WWE. He's not on Brock's Radar, He's not a HHH, an Undertaker, a Cena. Who the gently caress is this kid to step in Brock's domain.

Who can beat Brock who's new other than Rusev?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

just have curtis axel claim he never got to enter, have The Authority use it as an excuse to do a do-over shorter rumble with like 20 people to get the shot off of Reigns, and then have someone who's actually over win the 2nd time. it's super loving cheap but there's still ways to get roman out of that spot and someone else in there

Why would they want to? The correct person won the Rumble. It's not Vince's fault these shiftless millennials want to cheer for some ugly little goat-faced runt. Don't they know a Real Man when they see one? Women think he's attractive! He's great at reading the incredibly humorous, bad-rear end scripts that are written for him. He has the best hair and the best arms. He has champion written all over him. Now if only he could wrestle in trunks, really show off those quads...

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

KungFu Grip posted:

Supposedly Australia took Raw off the air and replaced it with an old Simpsons episode.

cant beat the classics

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I'm guessing it's probably to do with PPV stuff in Australia and them not being happy about WWE airing the main events from the Rumble for free.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Memento posted:

Why would they want to? The correct person won the Rumble. It's not Vince's fault these shiftless millennials want to cheer for some ugly little goat-faced runt. Don't they know a Real Man when they see one? Women think he's attractive! He's great at reading the incredibly humorous, bad-rear end scripts that are written for him. He has the best hair and the best arms. He has champion written all over him. Now if only he could wrestle in trunks, really show off those quads...

Roman has a shameful back.

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

Kid, touch is for video games and gynecologists
Soooo is Bubba Ray back for a little bit? Or was this just a one time shot to get him a decent pop out of Philadelphia fans(1/2 of whom probably don't even remember the non-WWE ECW.)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

NickRoweFillea posted:

omgyour avatar cantbreathe sendhalp

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Gaz-L posted:

omgyour avatar cantbreathe sendhalp

I am an honorable poster and I had to honor my toxx.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Reigns could work if he were like Goldberg- monster faces are hard to pull off but it's what he's good at.

They really only seem to know how to write one kind of face and Reigns isn't enough of a good talker to make it his own.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Maxwell Lord posted:

Reigns could work if he were like Goldberg- monster faces are hard to pull off but it's what he's good at.

They really only seem to know how to write one kind of face and Reigns isn't enough of a good talker to make it his own.

"But how... set up.... title match... if.... can't lose? Buh? ":psyduck:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DO965EFGhxs

Cross posting from the Raw GDT

Dexo fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Jan 27, 2015

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

NickRoweFillea posted:

Yeah but his quads :swoon:

No but seriously, he wrestled in trunks and nothing else in FCW, and looked fine there. What happened between now and then to make him have a big'ole case of backfat?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Memento posted:

No but seriously, he wrestled in trunks and nothing else in FCW, and looked fine there. What happened between now and then to make him have a big'ole case of backfat?

brotha's samoan, what are you gonna do

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Memento posted:

Brother's Samoan, what can he do?

edit: gently caress, beaten like Zed.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

So I didn't watch but apparently Romans promo sucked poo poo (SURPRISE!). How bad was the rumble sweetened? Or did they leave the reaction in since they mentioned it in the promo?

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Critical posted:

So I didn't watch but apparently Romans promo sucked poo poo (SURPRISE!). How bad was the rumble sweetened? Or did they leave the reaction in since they mentioned it in the promo?

Not touched at all. Apart from the crowd mics that were cut last night too.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Critical posted:

it was basically unsweetened, I suspect they overdubbed a few cheers into it but they didn't mute the mics any further than they already did live

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!
it wasnt sweetened. they cut a bunch of stuff but it all seems to have been for time or whatever, entrances

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I'm sorry I missed it. When is Austin's WWE Network interview with Hunter? Or is it a podcast thing?

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

This is insane. There will be cups and balled-up food wrappers thrown in the ring for the first time in a decade on Thursday.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Transcribed Roman raw interview:

Byron: Hi Roman. You look like you've got something to say. Do you?

Roman: [Sylvester voice] Yes, I certainly do! [normal voice] Hello there Byron. I know there's a lot of people who don't like me and wish I would go away. I think we got off on the wrong foot. I know I can come off a little proactive, and for that I'm sorry. But if everyone could find a place in their hearts for the little dog that nobody wanted, I know we can make them laugh and cry until we grow old together.

This was a home run. Faith restored.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Gatts posted:

I'm sorry I missed it. When is Austin's WWE Network interview with Hunter? Or is it a podcast thing?

After Raw next week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Gatts posted:

Next Monday after Raw

• Locked thread