Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Captain Magic posted:

People aren't upset that he looks bad. They're upset that they didn't get the story they wanted.

If they give the crowd the story they want, Daniel Bryan will be immediately rehabilitated. It will seem miraculous, and it would be, because that's what it takes to get the WWE to remove all these notions of "looking bad," which only exist in the minds of idiot men who came in a time thirty years-past and the folks who have latched on to that thinking despite the disservice it does to them.

The thing is, even the WWE understands this. Because they're trying to reconstruct the narrative of Roman Reigns right now, despite how loving awful he looked, in a classical sense, last night. They just don't want to believe that they can apply the same rehabilitation to Bryan, because he's not their guy.

I already said I don't mind Roman winning. What I minded was literally Bryan looking bad. Dude, one elimination and in for all of nine minutes most of which was spent outside the ring on the floor in a heap. This was a guy who two years ago was in multiple WWE championship matches, a former WHC in his own right, multiple headlining main event matches on pay per views, one of the biggest stories that spawned so much of what we have today, who last year main evented Wrestlemania and has beaten arguably the three out of the five biggest people in WWE at the time: John Cena, CM Punk, and Triple H. In the time from healing his injuries he went from Daniel Bryan the underdog who overcame a ton of poo poo thrown at him and never got his way but never quit fighting and rose above all else to superman his way into a Wrestlemania moment that will live on forever and in less than a year he's a chump bitch who doesn't even get ten minutes on his first pay per view back from injury. And that's not even why I'm mad, I'm just disappointed that that happened because Bryan was a main event level wrestler and now he's been demoted to straight midcard, hanging with the likes of people like Fandango and Miz and destined to be another "that guy who main evented Wrestlemania once." Hell, I'm happy Roman is getting a push. Nothing wrong with that, yeah he's green but gently caress it. Cena, Rock, Batista, they were lovely when WWE pushed them hard. They all got better and became huge stars.

I'm not saying you're not wrong about everyone else, just that you're wrong about -me- personally.

That being said as I stated earlier my problem with WWE was their lack of respect for their audience in regards to A. what happened on the pay per view (history rewrite on crowd mics), and B. giving away pay per view main event matches for free less than 24 hours after they air despite the people who had paid for them. They know drat well people generally only get the Network because pay per views are way cheaper that way. Giving away the two biggest matches on the card for free was a slap in the face to everyone who has a Network subscription.

You know honestly I'd probably end my personal boycott if someone from the company just apologized for that one thing. I would for sure if it was Vince himself. Just apologize for loving everyone like that. Yeah, the snowstorm sucks, show something else and not what we had to pay to see yesterday. That's honestly what I want right now. Just for them to acknowledge they made a mistake. And they won't so gently caress WWE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
OP updated completely.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Since Reigns vs Brock is sadness, I'm hoping we get a make up of Bryan vs Rollins 60 minute Iron Man....with the MitB at stake. gently caress it, have Bryan take the MitB off Rollins and cash it in to make Mania a triple threat.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
that was a legitimately good television program if you edited out the replays

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
I still hope this falls flat on it's rear end and given CancelWWENetwork is still trending it's a case of too little, too late.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
this forum is like a family

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Omally posted:

So are we all related to Samoans?

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Omally posted:

I'm glad we all came together and got a 56-page GDT out of a weird Raw that was 50% replay of an event that we all loving hated, and Thursday's live Smackdown GDT with all of the matches that were supposed to be on Raw will probably eke out less than 10

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

abraham linksys posted:

that was a legitimately good television program if you edited out the replays

Agreed 100% and the Roman solo interview was bad but that last segment was great, legit. That is how they should write him all the time.

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
That second Roman promo is somewhere around the top of his (current) mic capabilities and it was 'okay'.

Show was watchable, but sorry I'm still hoping for chaos on this lovely main event.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I was halfway joking about the House of Cards angle, but I really want Paul to become an actual character beyond "MY CLIENT" and maybe start his own faction to rival the Authority or something.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Agreed 100% and the Roman solo interview was bad but that last segment was great, legit. That is how they should write him all the time.

The segment where he literally had a man off camera feeding him lines was the only one that was even half ok. And that's all it was, half ok.

The ok part was Heyman's half.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

If you can really hear Roman getting lines fed to him like the gdt thinks you can, it is the single best thing ever.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I really liked that final promo, and thought it was the best use of Roman we've seen in quite a long time.

I am VERY confused about the Bryan promo though, because it indicated they were actually running with the idea of Roman having been given a smooth ride to the top by the top brass. Roman's earlier interview where he pretty much went,"Am I here because of nepotism? Sure am! :haw:" added to the sense that they seemed to be pushing Roman got an unfair advantage, but then the final promo pretty much nullified that.

Heyman once again spun straw into gold, I have to say. Dude is incredible.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Omally posted:

this forum never fed me when i was growing up

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
WWE stock dropped 5%, and 50,000 people canceled network apparently.

Omally posted:

aatrek is our mom and fire is our stepfather, and we like stuffing leaves into women.

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

Paul Heyman was a golden loving god. Dean Ambrose was a sight for sore eyes. I really want to rewatch the ending to confirm if someone was whispering Roman Reigns' lines to him, I still want to see Lesnar cave Reigns' face in a Wrestlemania.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Omally posted:

Ain't no kin of mine are in the Punchsport Pagoda!!!

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

http://www.entertainment4u.tv/watch-wwe-raw-26-january-2015-live-hd-free-online/

Part 7 just went up, I actually think someone was whispering him his lines.

God dammit.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

NutritiousSnack posted:

Holy poo poo :stare: How much of the total network is that?

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!

oatgan posted:

this forum never fed me when i was growing up
thats how i learned to swim. clawin and scratching, in the deep end, raised by wolves. samoan wolves, who swim

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

oatgan posted:

good op good job KFG

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

super macho dude posted:

D-Bry now looks like complete poo poo imo. There's really no way to save face after the Rumble debacle, considering his promos in the past couple weeks. WWE hosed a duck on this one, big time.

I think their hail mary to desperately try and salvage this is having Bryan retire Kane, then go after either Taker or Lesnar as the guy who retired Taker.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Fiveace Attorney posted:

thats how i learned to swim. clawin and scratching, in the deep end, raised by wolves. samoan wolves, who swim

never knew how much that muddy water meant to me, but I learned how to swim and I learned who I was, a lot about nepotism and a lil 'bout wrasslin

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

WWE Discussion is Apparently if you have the volume high enough on good speakers you can hear Reigns being fed lines at moments where the audio didn’t cut out

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I enjoyed Brock's "Brotherhood of Mutants" outfit. That was rad.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

BUHLEEEE...*pssst that pssst*...DAT.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Ragnarok the Red posted:

They had 700,000 tops during WM last year, with significant churn. Dunno if they gained anything through Survivor Series yet but that may be close to 10% which is loving insane.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

NutritiousSnack posted:

source

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

NutritiousSnack posted:

yeah what the gently caress is your network number considering they only release them each quarter and the next quarter number is going to be as of 12/31.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

also if stock dropped it's because Raw was cancelled and lost a huge live gate not because the royal rumble was bad

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

some dirtsheet site, I put this in small caps and an apparently next to it for a reason.

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

yeah what the gently caress is your network number considering they only release them each quarter and the next quarter number is going to be as of 12/31.
smarks and pseudo journalists brother!

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
i dont hear the fed lines

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I've heard the actual number is closer to 69,420 lost subscriptions.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Alain Post posted:

I've heard the actual number is closer to 69,420 lost subscriptions.

lol

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

NutritiousSnack posted:

some dirtsheet site, I put this in small caps and an apparently next to it for a reason.

then it's absolute bullshit and folks should stop saying THEY LOST SO MANY SUBS when they are just copying the equivalent of nodq.com or rajah.com

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Ragnarok the Red posted:

It's probably 8-9%. Which is loving incredible if true, although without a

it means basically nothing.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
if you cancel the WWE Network you are a retarded human being

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Black Baby Goku posted:

if you cancel the WWE Network you are a retarded human being

The opposite of this is actually true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

TheJoker138 posted:

The opposite of this is actually true.