Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

GAYMIEN SANDOW posted:

Can we have a "JBL does weather" segment every Raw? Or just like 5 minutes of JBL on the town doing some other guy's job?

Just a whole lot of unscripted JBL interacting with other people?

He could be a house servant hanging clothes on a line and getting really frustrated with it, wondering where such a bad clothesline came from

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Spermgod posted:

Lol because NJPW has never underutilized anyone right?

edit: not to imply that NJPW isn't a significantly (read massively) better product than WWE right now. But if that's your complaint you can find plenty to complain about in NJPW too.

u mad

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Based on both promos last night, the angle that they seem to be running with is Roman got handed a shot, but he still has to prove himself on the big stage without the help of anyone. I can't imagine the pressure of delivering on an angle where the story matches reality so well and I hope that Roman can do it because I like him and I'm not going to root for a lovely Wrestlemania.
It also gave me hope that all three Shield members got airtime on a show that only bothered to have the top stars. Dean'a going to Mania!

Positivity Patrol 4 Life.

servo106
Apr 26, 2006

Skunkrocker posted:

Admittedly not my personal favorite H&O song but it's up there, #2 anyway...

I got a thing for Kiss On My List.

Someone should put that song up with all the times someone joined the Kiss My rear end Club. :v:

Steph's antics would work with Rich Girl.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
Just watched rumble. Not gonna bother with raw. I'm done, thanks for the memories etc. Thank God I didn't sink a tenner on the Rumble, good lord.

If friend has a mania party I'll probably attend that but I haven't enjoyed a whole show since Mania 30 and if they won't bother then neither shall I.

Roman loving Reigns jesus christ.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
I just wish that they had altered the end of the rumble so you're left with Ambrose, Reigns, Wyatt and Bryan. I know the idea was supposed to be THE AUTHORITY but gently caress it. Just have Bryan/Ambrose/Reigns take them out and then have the three of them battle at the end. I know WWE likes to take the most difficult path to anything, but there were much better ways of getting Reigns over than that. Let Reigns scrape the win, given the idea that the angle they're pushing is that he still has to prove himself it feeds right into that.

Though, giving the crowd were booing his entrance, I'm not entirely sure how it would've gone down.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
God drat I laughed my rear end off when Bryan basically said "wouldn't it have been great if at Wrestlemania it was the undefeated champion who never lost his title vs the unstoppable monster? David vs Goliath? Ah well"

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Bryan's 'I'm proud to have gone to Mania that time' speech was word-for-word the same as the one he gave on that 21 show on the Network afterwards.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I hope the Casket Match ends with Show and Kane putting Bryan in a casket, and then putting Ambrose, Ziggler, and Wyatt in separate caskets also. Really hammer home that Rumble message.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

The WM30 special was pretty good. The sad piano version of Undertaker's theme is the funniest thing.

It sounded like the early version of Undertakers theme from the music doc

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
lmao at WWE fans falling for the damage control due to Raw. loving battered wives over here. :lol:

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Love the OP this week.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

britishbornandbread posted:

Just watched rumble. Not gonna bother with raw. I'm done, thanks for the memories etc. Thank God I didn't sink a tenner on the Rumble, good lord.

If friend has a mania party I'll probably attend that but I haven't enjoyed a whole show since Mania 30 and if they won't bother then neither shall I.

Roman loving Reigns jesus christ.

Who even gives a poo poo

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
So was anyone actually pacified by the horseshit last night? Like did anyone here think Reigns promo salvaged him or the constant pandering (did you know he's the Rock's cousin?) struck a nerve with them?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Paulocaust posted:

So was anyone actually pacified by the horseshit last night? Like did anyone here think Reigns promo salvaged him or the constant pandering (did you know he's the Rock's cousin?) struck a nerve with them?

I could see how someone less cynical than myself would be sold on the match from the Heyman stuff at the end, just because Heyman could sell anything to anyone.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
The first Roman interview was pretty bad, but he did well in the segment with Heyman and Lesnar. I hope we eventually get a Reigns/Sheamus program because those matches could be fun.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Paulocaust posted:

The majority of the thread ate it up, I can't believe this poo poo...

This snow storm is the best thing that could have happened to WWE, because whatever promo Reigns would have cut on Raw would have been drowned out by boos.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

flashy_mcflash posted:

I could see how someone less cynical than myself would be sold on the match from the Heyman stuff at the end, just because Heyman could sell anything to anyone.

It laid the foundation for a solid build to a match at least. It's not the right match but it might be enjoyable.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Astro7x posted:

The majority of the thread ate it up, I can't believe this poo poo...

This snow storm is the best thing that could have happened to WWE, because whatever promo Reigns would have cut on Raw would have been drowned out by boos.

Eh, it's not the best match, but it's still nowhere near as bad of a match as Batista/Orton would have been.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

They really need to build some heels up in the next two months, because after Roman wins at Mania he's not going to have Heyman to carry him in the feuds that follow. Honestly I think they can get through to mania carried by Paul's slight of hand and charisma, but what follows is going to be rough as hell.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Roman's first promo was fine. It didn't sell me on anything, but it was just totally fine. He talked like a normal dude instead of reciting lovely lines from a lovely scripted promo. He just sounded more comfortable.

At the end, Heyman (as expected) was incredible and sold the match better than Roman or Brock did at any point during the show. Heyman is just incredible.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Charles Gnarwin posted:

It laid the foundation for a solid build to a match at least. It's not the right match but it might be enjoyable.

I don't even understand this POV because nothing I've seen of Reigns in-ring leads me to believe him vs. Lesnar is going to be remotely interesting or entertaining.

Hell, I'm mostly just steeling myself for The Punch That Beat Brock Lesnar.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
It's essentially a gambit by the WWE, that the Philly Crowd was hyper smarky. And while other crowds probably wanted Daniel to win too, they are no where near as sour on Reigns as a Philly(any North East)/Chicago crowd would be. So I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a fair amount of cheers once they get back into the heartlands of america. Reigns is still nowhere near as bad as Batista was when he came back. Batista couldn't give a face promo to save his life. Reigns can, you just want him to be short direct and to the point. I.E Do not make him the Rock, or 10 Calorie Rock(Cena)

Oh Snapple! posted:

I don't even understand this POV because nothing I've seen of Reigns in-ring leads me to believe him vs. Lesnar is going to be remotely interesting or entertaining.

Hell, I'm mostly just steeling myself for The Punch That Beat Brock Lesnar.

Gonna be a spear hitting his "broken" rib.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

Skinty McEdger posted:

They really need to build some heels up in the next two months, because after Roman wins at Mania he's not going to have Heyman to carry him in the feuds that follow. Honestly I think they can get through to mania carried by Paul's slight of hand and charisma, but what follows is going to be rough as hell.

It will be interesting to see if he's forced to go through the same Kane rite-of-passage that every other new champion is. That will be confirmation on if the Kane feud is just something for guys they don't have much invested in to do or if they genuinely think it's a good program to be in.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Spermgod posted:

It will be interesting to see if he's forced to go through the same Kane rite-of-passage that every other new champion is. That will be confirmation on if the Kane feud is just something for guys they don't have much invested in to do or if they genuinely think it's a good program to be in.

i mean dude is loving around with the big show lately

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Dexo posted:

This would work if the match was at Fast Lane and not Mania. Two months to heal a broken rib is normal for average people and probably half that for a super-athlete such as Brock. But of course this is what will happen because there's no other way to make Brock believably take a pin.

sonicice
Oct 21, 2000

Michael J Beverage, I've got a bone to pick with you.

yea ok posted:

i mean dude is loving around with the big show lately

like doing butt stuff or what

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Spermgod posted:

I'm pretty sure a Kane feud will not be "interesting to see".

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Dexo posted:

Oh son of a... the announcers were trying to say that the other night.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Himuro posted:

lmao at WWE fans falling for the damage control due to Raw. loving battered wives over here. :lol:

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

sonicice posted:

like doing butt stuff or what

Yeah, like doing butt stuff. They're doing butt stuff. Jesus Christ.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

Himuro posted:

Bunch of puppets.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Spermgod posted:

Idk if he "means well" so much as means to get attention from/get himself over with internet fans as seems to have been his MO since last year's TV destroying incident at the least. It is pretty cringeworthy at this point imo.

lol okay sure.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Dexo posted:

This would be the perfect condiment on the poo poo sandwich that is this program. Have your new megastar face only win thanks to targeting a serious injury.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Himuro posted:

Nope, I just honestly think that Reigns will be fine so long as they stop scripting him like Cena Jr. Or rather Rock the Third.

His Ring stuff has gotten much much better since getting that Hernia fixed. He's not going to be carrying people to 4 star matches like a Bryan could. But with someone like Brock who is willing to sell his rear end off and carry a match it should be solid(whether solid is good enough for the Main Event of a WM is a great question...)

At Fast Lane have him just beat the ever living poo poo out of the Big Show. 5 minute squash match.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

St Evan Echoes posted:

This would be the perfect condiment on the poo poo sandwich that is this program. Have your new megastar face only win thanks to targeting a serious injury.

hmmmmm why does that sound so familiar?

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

sportsgenius86 posted:

hmmmmm why does that sound so familiar?

wait what am I looking at here that sign isn--oh God :gonk:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Pshhh, if the scrub who capitalized on that were a megastar, he'd have won a Rumble by now :colbert:

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Dexo posted:

Nope, I just honestly think that Reigns will be fine so long as they stop scripting him like Cena Jr. Or rather Rock the Third.
We had one thirty second thingie allowing him to do this. They preempted it with something now being widely mocked online as "Don't boo me, the Rock's my cousin". Don't confuse a rare moment of clarity as change.

As for his in ring ability. A five minute squash of the Big Show ain't going to do him any favors going into loving Mania.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FakePoet
Feb 6, 2006

Woo. Pig. Sooie.

Hot Rope Guy
In an assuredly non-tin-foil hat sort of way, I still think they're at least laying a bare foundation for some sort of angle, with both Bryan and Roman directly addressing the family thing.

But mostly I base this on history showing that these things can change. The mostly likely reason to me seems to be, it gives them time to get a clearer picture of Bryan's health, and if it seems to be positive, they can go one way or another.

I'm still in the camp that, if they view Reigns as the next Cena, they should do what the actual Cena can't, and veer heel. He's absolutely in a place where that at least has an opportunity to work, just due to the current confluence of events. Whether he, as a performer, could pull it off, is up to him. It'd also give separate, valid reasons for both Ambrose and Rollins to hate him; either another person turning his back on them, or trying to supplant him as the Authority's chosen one, respectively. So if you really want to make him the next "guy", he's got two ready made fueds with capable guys.

• Locked thread