Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Allen Wren posted:

Of course it's a weak excuse. Nobody's got anything but weak excuses or lovely reads.
there's the allen i know!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Gamerofthegame posted:

Quids done lots of whitenoise posting to make him look like he was involved while not actually adding anything, up until he was accused. I agree with the suspicion, but I would think scum would share with the vote-post-only lurkers over posting a lot and getting hosed over.

I think that's a sweeping generalization. There are a lot of different ways to play scum.

Allen Wren posted:

Of course it's a weak excuse. Nobody's got anything but weak excuses or lovely reads.

Do you have no opinion regarding Quid's blowup?

Does the idea that 'Gamer should have been coached better than this' work counter to your vote? Why wouldn't he have been coached better? It's not a rhetorical question.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
Why are people trying to pretend that Krell had votes because he was scum?

He was a day 1 turbo vote, no one that voted for him, that I recall (am on my phone e hard to check) stated they were doing so be a use he was scum...

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Ernie as town in The Grand Budapest Hotel posted:

for the record

for when i die, cpig is 111000000% scum

this is a guaranteed thing

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Somb, CapPig, Bowmore and King Burgundy have won the game for the scum. Flawless victory.

Ernie as town in Paranoia Mafia posted:

By the way, my CPig scumdar is going off pretty hard. There's a reason he's closer to the top than Poque.

Jon Joe posted:

The Mafia team of Frankenfreak, Cpig, Captain Foo, and Ardulac have won! Friend Computer has won!

I think CPig himself has to admit that I'm the only player on the community who has a scary track record of knowing when he's scum.

CPig is 100% scum this game.

##vote CPig

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Somberbrero posted:

Do you have no opinion regarding Quid's blowup?
I literally ignored Quid (and most of the thread) because I was just waiting for the Krell turbo to go through. I saw there were only a few hours left, I got onto the new top-vote-getter after a brief skim of the last few pages. If I've got time this afternoon, I'll read him.

quote:

Does the idea that 'Gamer should have been coached better than this' work counter to your vote? Why wouldn't he have been coached better? It's not a rhetorical question.
I literally can't parse these questions.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

how can it simultaneously be true that you haven't read the game and you hold this opinion at the same time

Allen Wren posted:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Allen, you say that Gamer should have been coached better by his scums. He was, apparently, not coached well. Doesn't that imply that he wasn't coached well because he's town and doesn't have any buddies to tell him how to play?

Ernie. posted:

I think CPig himself has to admit that I'm the only player on the community who has a scary track record of knowing when he's scum.

##vote CPig

I would vote Capitalist because he's bad at mafia.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Ernie. posted:

##vote CPig

Assuming this isn't a joke, care to say why?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

would vote allen for making sweeping pronouncement on the quality of cases he admits he hasn't read on players he admits he also hasn't read.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

His posting is all fluff. I know a lot of people say 'Well, that's just CPig', but it isn't. CPig's light-posting is usually full of direction and focus. His scum-posting is full of jovial light-hearted playfulness that does anything but highlight what he thinks. He also likes to take more absolute, indefensible stances when he's scum like 'lol exactly what a scum would say lololo ##vote' that he doesn't have to particularly backup very hard because they're almost a joke.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

When CPig's town he knows that his meta works against him the other way i.e. he could be puppy cuddled for just being himself, and his posting is a lot more guarded.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Real quick since this is apparently new termonology....

Puppy cuddled?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Amnistar posted:

Puppy cuddled?

lynching is problematic

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Amnistar posted:

Puppy cuddled?

I don't like using the word 'lynched' so I have replaced it with a work safe euphemism.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Lynch has weird connotations.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

The real question here is, will you all follow me into freeing CPig's doofus head from his okayishly shaped shoulders, and be The First Town Ever To Trust Ernie On Cpig, or do you all want to be just another set of losers who tell themselves 'yeah, i guess we should have gotten rid of CPig at some point'?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i won't be emotionally manipulated ernie

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Somberbrero posted:

Allen, you say that Gamer should have been coached better by his scums. He was, apparently, not coached well. Doesn't that imply that he wasn't coached well because he's town and doesn't have any buddies to tell him how to play?

Yes.

I have no plans on day one other than preventing no-lynch because that is the most bullshit thing. You like someone else, gently caress it, I'll vote that.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

That's not independence that you're feeling. It's hesitation, it's uncertainty, it's hope. You sense a tremor in the energy of the thread. Everyone's palms are a little sweaty, the sides of their temples thumping with their heartbeat; everyone sorta but not really feels that this, right here, right now, might be the one time where we have the evil CPig right where we want him.

[font-size=1]all thanks to ernie[/size]

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Ernie. posted:

The real question here is, will you all follow me into freeing CPig's doofus head from his okayishly shaped shoulders, and be The First Town Ever To Trust Ernie On Cpig, or do you all want to be just another set of losers who tell themselves 'yeah, i guess we should have gotten rid of CPig at some point'?

You know what ernie. I like your chutzpuh.

##vote cpig

You have my nebulous explained weaponry that was theoretically designed to help with some mundane task but is ridiculously deadly.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Ernie. posted:

Pinterest Mom posted:

Mostly because this.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Amnistar posted:

You know what ernie. I like your chutzpuh.

##vote cpig

You have my nebulous explained weaponry that was theoretically designed to help with some mundane task but is ridiculously deadly.

Amni, you're my Sam. I just need your friendship, my man.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

apostateCourier posted:

Mostly because this.

Look, let's get one thing straight. I know you don't trust me, and I'm not asking you to. I'm asking you to trust me. Last time I tricked you it was at the end of the game. This time if you follow me and I'm wrong, I promise to try and stay alive for as long as possible so you can call me silly whacky names and I'll pretend like I feel insulted.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I'm not voting Krell because he actually made an effort post for once, that's deserving of living through D1 alone

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Somberbrero posted:

he's only played two games though, does that change your read at all?

wait who the gently caress am i thinking of then? wasn't there someone with gamer in their name that used to play more frequently?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Kumbamontu posted:

wait who the gently caress am i

Kumba, I have to be honest with you. I made it this far into your post before I broke down crying wondering the same thing. It's only after I stuffed my face full of After Eight ice cream that I realized I can aspire to be better and greater than I ever was, and the first step of that is sending CPig out of this gig. Help me?

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
nope there isnt but i was scum with him in meinberg's game maybe that's what I'm thinking of, I thought he played more

hmmmm

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Ernie. posted:

Kumba, I have to be honest with you. I made it this far into your post before I broke down crying wondering the same thing. It's only after I stuffed my face full of After Eight ice cream that I realized I can aspire to be better and greater than I ever was, and the first step of that is sending CPig out of this gig. Help me?

I will reread CPig just for you and do what my heart tells me is right.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Fiftyish posts later and I still don't have any notions of who might be scum, but I'll go ahead and say that my gut thinks Somberbrero is town.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
I played more then two games but it's still like four or five, maybe.

I guess votefinder wasn't in those? It was two years ago I dunno.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Also I'm sorry for the trigger.

I reread CPig, that was easy.

CapitalistPig posted:

I forgot you even were in this game.

This is a really weird post to make at this point in the game. He does seem like he's trying too hard to be jokey with his two vote posts.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

CirclMastr posted:

Fiftyish posts later and I still don't have any notions of who might be scum, but I'll go ahead and say that my gut thinks Somberbrero is town.

CirclMastr, I want you to take the player list from the OP, copy and paste it here https://www.random.org/lists/, and whichever name comes out on top I'd like you to just tell me what you think of the way they replied to two people, whether they were being overly friendly to curry favor with someone, or throwing unnecessary doubt that you don't think was that serious etc.

Go.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
If there's anyone I would trust to read CPig though it's definitely Ernie. He's always been an enigma of sorts to me.

Knowing now how inexperienced gamer is is making me rethink things. I don't want to vote Krell. I'm going to look at Quid again cause my eyes always gloss over his posts. I would vote CPig.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Kumbamontu posted:

Also I'm sorry for the trigger.

I reread CPig, that was easy.

This is a really weird post to make at this point in the game. He does seem like he's trying too hard to be jokey with his two vote posts.

Yes, and so you see, since Mafia is a serious game where we discuss things like 'What are you going to do about those assholes who ran out of Swordfish' and 'I guess Guardians of the Galaxy was a good film', we really shouldn't tolerate jokes. I'll support you if you lead a puppy cuddle against CPig, Kumba. Me and my army of Amnistar and Ernie.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Ernie, what would you do if I said I was a Miller?

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Ernie. posted:

Yes, and so you see, since Mafia is a serious game where we discuss things like 'What are you going to do about those assholes who ran out of Swordfish' and 'I guess Guardians of the Galaxy was a good film', we really shouldn't tolerate jokes. I'll support you if you lead a puppy cuddle against CPig, Kumba. Me and my army of Amnistar and Ernie.

But you think I'm scum so why are you being friendly all of a sudden

I question your intentions Ernie hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Ernie did you forget you tried to push me as scum before buddying up to me

You can be honest I won't tell

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Meinberg posted:

Ernie, what would you do if I said I was a Miller?

I would say that you can't ever keep a secret and

god DAMNIT Meinberg

Kumbamontu posted:

But you think I'm scum so why are you being friendly all of a sudden

I question your intentions Ernie hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I do, but I also think that even if you are evil that we can both agree that CPig is hated by all people. Even his own scum team will at some point decide 'Is he actually going to do anything?' and try to bus him for credibility. I'm either giving you that opportunity now, or bringing us closer together as fellow townsfolk at a friendly afternoon Burn The Cpig event.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I think hate is a very strong word

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I like CPig as a person :glomp:

• Locked thread