Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

OSI bean dip posted:

wasn't this thread about bitcoin a few pages ago

it's gone off topic, better gas it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

OSI bean dip posted:

wasn't this thread about bitcoin a few pages ago

the trial stopped for one day

vanilla slimfast
Dec 6, 2006

If anyone needs me, I'll be in the Angry Dome

JFairfax posted:

heroin is just a sedative for coughs idk what u guys are on about

order a supply from your jobber

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

JFairfax posted:

opiates are actually an excellent cough suppressant, you only need a very small amount of codeine for it to work too

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Alan Smithee posted:

srs question, if the TOR system hides IP's, can they actually IP ban you?

not directly, they'd have to ban all of tor (which isn't really a big deal so it does happen sometimes)

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

hobbesmaster posted:

opiates are actually an excellent cough suppressant, you only need a very small amount of codeine for it to work too

~2.5 ounces of unsweetened baking chocolate gets the same or better result

http://www.fasebj.org/content/early/2005/01/27/fj.04-1990fje.full.pdf

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

haveblue posted:

not directly, they'd have to ban all of tor (which isn't really a big deal so it does happen sometimes)

Err, so why aren't there more scams on darknets? Seems trivial to build up a little good feedback as a loss leader for the big score. Hell you could even use a few accounts to boost

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Alan Smithee posted:

Err, so why aren't there more scams on darknets?

There are. There's tons of 'em.

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

hobbesmaster posted:

as a small child with severe respiratory problems, tylenol with codeine was the most amazing poo poo

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.
What about Heroine makes it more potent? Does it metabolize differently than codeine because of that extra poo poo in it?

and yeah we'll get back to butts tmo when the trial starts again

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

JFairfax posted:

I'm the Jobber that you need to ask for your heroin hydrochloride

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

What about Heroine makes it more potent? Does it metabolize differently than codeine because of that extra poo poo in it?

its all about receptor affinity, although metabolism and whether a drug has active metabolites/how fast it's excreted can play a role. for the most part, opiates can be easily substituted drug for drug with a change in dosing, although there are some you stay away from in cases of renal impairment. it's all about potency and long term control versus fast acting relief.

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

could also be due to an increased permeability to cross the blood brain barrier.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

jobber is still the term used for those bigass trucks that deliver gasoline from terminal to stations

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

jony ive aces posted:

lol @ making cops face consequences, what a third world communist shithole smdh

i said "might"

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

Tayter Swift posted:

jobber is still the term used for anything where you dont know what its actually called

:colbert:

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Clockwerk posted:

could also be due to an increased permeability to cross the blood brain barrier.

loperamide, aka Immodium, is a good example of this. an opiate that cannot cross the blood brain barrier, thus giving you the useful side effect of constipation to stop your diarrhea without any addiction or mental effects

sinekumquat
Jun 12, 2005

the most dangerous philosopher in the west
College Slice

Tayter Swift posted:

jobber is still the term used for those bigass trucks that deliver gasoline from terminal to stations

stock traders used to be called stockjobbers

why did we stop doing that in english?

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

it's the same drug as morphine with a few acetyl groups attached. it basically allows the morphine to traverse the blood brain barrier faster delivering the drug quicker

TVarmy
Sep 11, 2011

like food and water, my posting has no intrinsic value

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

you see a shifty man in a leather jacket.

"hey, son. want to buy some of this?"

the man offers you a small packet of white powder.

he is a jobber.

> yes

there is an empty look in his eyes as he snatches the money from your hand. his face is pale and drawn, his body thin and unfed. he steals to keep his habit, and makes addicts of children. he is dead, and soon you will be, too.

TVarmy fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Jan 27, 2015

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
mods plz move this thread to tcc until the trial resumes tia

dimebag dinkman
Feb 20, 2003

the prosecution calls Zammo as an expert witness

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Heresiarch posted:

as a small child with severe respiratory problems, tylenol with codeine was the most amazing poo poo

i choose a reading of "as a small child with severe respiratory problems" to mean that you are currently a small child and are speaking as one

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Cantorsdust posted:

loperamide, aka Immodium, is a good example of this. an opiate that cannot cross the blood brain barrier, thus giving you the useful side effect of constipation to stop your diarrhea without any addiction or mental effects

if it can't cross the blood brain barrier then why did that gbs guy OD on it

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

FMguru posted:

mods plz move this thread to tcc until the trial resumes tia

:agreed:

also thx to all for the opiates 101 class, it's pretty interesting

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

theflyingorc posted:

i choose a reading of "as a small child with severe respiratory problems" to mean that you are currently a small child and are speaking as one

me 2 b/c it makes the antonopoulis exchange and the mtgox primer that much funnier

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

theflyingorc posted:

i still feel like a small child literally all the time

why are all these adults treating me like i was one of them, clearly i'm just wearing my dad's clothes and they will figure this out any day now

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Cantorsdust posted:

so if you take this with a z-pack, you'll get super high?

sinekumquat
Jun 12, 2005

the most dangerous philosopher in the west
College Slice

Heresiarch posted:

why are all these adults treating me like i was one of them, clearly i'm just wearing my dad's clothes and they will figure this out any day now

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Heresiarch posted:

this except i also feel like i'm surrounded by petty, stupid children as well and one day an adult will show up and reel in horror at our petty lord of the flies esque existence

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

As a Millennial I posted:

it can in very small amounts iirc

so you have have to take an enormous amount of it which is bad

Rick Ross Ulbricht
Feb 3, 2010

put yourself in the shoes of a prosecutor trying to build a case against you. what evidence could they pin on you? there is nothing on your laptop for them to use, if you obscure your bitcoins propperly, there is no way for them to trace them back to me.

Heresiarch posted:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

As a Millennial I posted:

Wait what. Details.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

SynthOrange posted:

Wait what. Details.

i don't know about the gbs dude but you can overdose and die from immodium according to a quick google search.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

SynthOrange posted:

Wait what. Details.

somebody posted in en or gbs about their husband dying of intentional immodium overdose

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
some troonwife in tcc or e/n or some loving place died from immodium abuse due to haxxoring the blood brain barrier or something idk

in a movie theater

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

here it is http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3682018

keep forgetting that there's a forums search now

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

Wheany posted:

i think that in finland if evidence is obtained illegally, it is still allowed, but whoever obtained it will be punished. so a cop might get a fine or something for violating the privacy of the criminal or smth.

i think.

you would be correct. it's called free evaluation of evidence. they're thinking about getting rid of it but the problem is that it's not usually cops who get the evidence illegally but rather people that provide it to cops, like accountants who stumble upon money laundering books or something like that. So basically if you peep into a house and happen to see someone getting raped your testimony would be automatically void because peeping is a crime.

it's idiotic and the system is just fine as it is, leaving room to consider whether evidence matters or not. Cops get fired for getting evidence illegally and frankly being a cop is just a job - nobody willingly risks their entire career and livelihood for some evidence. not routinely, at least, and certainly not enough for it to warrant changing the law to benefit criminals.

computer toucher fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Jan 27, 2015

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Cold on a Cob posted:

this except i also feel like i'm surrounded by petty, stupid children as well and one day an adult will show up and reel in horror at our petty lord of the flies esque existence

sucks to your assmar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

PotatoJudge posted:

it works for hookers on backpage

bless the gods

• Locked thread