Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I stand by Jay Lethal votes and AJ Styles feud with New Japan's weak weak necks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Candice is great but I don't think I'd describe her style as 'brawling' at all.

I Before E posted:

If you're interested in watching a Candace match, I'd recommend Candace vs Adam Cole from PWG Mystery Vortex (2?) or Candace and Joey vs the Young Bucks form PWG ELEVEN.

E: Also I'm stunned that someone who isn't me voted for Cesaro on best promos.

That Cole match is from Mystery Vortex 2, yes. I would say the GW match from ELEVEN is the most 'significant' match, if you want singles specifically her matches with Rich Swann and Johnny Gargano from BOLA 2014 (Nights 2 and 3, respectively) are both really good.

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash

Petit Gregory posted:

I can't be the only one that finds it hilarious Daniel Bryan vs. the Authority gets best feud of the year after being voted worst feud of last year.

What's hilarious about it? The fall 2013 feud sucked rear end, and the spring 2014 feud had an amazing conclusion.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

81sidewinder posted:

What's hilarious about it? The fall 2013 feud sucked rear end, and the spring 2014 feud had an amazing conclusion.

Daniel Bryan's pencil neck causing the Authority to strip him of the belt was pretty amazing.

Psychlone
Sep 3, 2004

It's never straight up and down!
I'm beginning to think I'm way out of touch with how the IWC thinks about wrestling. Kane as worst wrestler? He gets sidled with crappy gimmicks every year and seems to work with them and turn them into magic. He's turned the stiff, Authority stooge gimmick into something that's at least entertaining to watch. He's also 47 and still moving around well, much better than the Big Show at this point. I can think of at least 20 other wrestlers worse than Kane.

I don't think of Daniel Bryan as a technical wrestler anymore. His move set is mostly kicks now. Where's the mat wrestling, submission holds and suplexes. Bret Hart he ain't. If Bryan is a technical wrestler, Chris Jericho is a mat technician beyond compare.

How is JBL a bad commentator? He's doing Jesse Ventura to Cole and Lawler's Vince McMahon!

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

karmicknight posted:

I stand by Jay Lethal votes and AJ Styles feud with New Japan's weak weak necks.

jay lethal was the best pro wrestling champion of 2014 and he did it with the ring of honor television title, he deserves all the love

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Psychlone posted:

I'm beginning to think I'm way out of touch with how the IWC thinks about wrestling. Kane as worst wrestler? He gets sidled with crappy gimmicks every year and seems to work with them and turn them into magic. He's turned the stiff, Authority stooge gimmick into something that's at least entertaining to watch. He's also 47 and still moving around well, much better than the Big Show at this point. I can think of at least 20 other wrestlers worse than Kane.

I don't think of Daniel Bryan as a technical wrestler anymore. His move set is mostly kicks now. Where's the mat wrestling, submission holds and suplexes. Bret Hart he ain't. If Bryan is a technical wrestler, Chris Jericho is a mat technician beyond compare.

How is JBL a bad commentator? He's doing Jesse Ventura to Cole and Lawler's Vince McMahon!

Big Show is much bigger than Kane and Kane's bumps are god awful. He just looks like poo poo going up for people and sometimes performing moves. He also was sloppy as poo poo in MitB and busted Orton up badly because of it. I don't really blame him too much for that, it is just one of those things that stands out in my mind.

As for JBL, why does coming off as an awful copy of Ventura disqualify him from being bad? Ventura started to be awful later in his run and the heel announcer is now completely played out. He's not even always a heel announcer sometimes he's just Vince's mouthpiece.

Lethal was awesome in 2014. I put him on my Most Outstanding and Most Improved lists. I think I threw him a bone in Most Charismatic in the Observer Awards too. Dude was incredible. I also had Lethal vs KUSHIDA as my #2 MOTY.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Another big reason kane gets votes for being bad is that he is bad while also being in high profile tv and PPV main events.. Sure Rosa Mendez is poo poo and has been for years, but she is much easier to ignore because she is the lowest of the low card in a division no one cares about

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I think JBL gets a lot of hate, and often rightfully so, less because of how he's a heel announcer and more because there are points where he just starts fights with Cole or Lawler over something they said. Then he just won't shut up and completely ignores the match because he's yelling about the thing for 5 minutes. This is why he was on my votes anyway.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

MassRafTer posted:

As for JBL, why does coming off as an awful copy of Ventura disqualify him from being bad? Ventura started to be awful later in his run and the heel announcer is now completely played out. He's not even always a heel announcer sometimes he's just Vince's mouthpiece.

I will say this... JBL when he's NOT being a heel commentator or Vince's mouth piece is 100 times better than Cole on Cole's best day.

TheOneTrueKing
Apr 3, 2010

Skunkrocker posted:

And I bet who ever gave those two points to Roman Reigns regrets their decision now!

I do not.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Blasmeister posted:

Sure Rosa Mendez is poo poo and has been for years, but she is much easier to ignore because she is the lowest of the low card in a division no one cares about
Rosa didn't get a lot of votes because she cozied up to Meltzer's brother in law.
She is one of the best politicians in the business.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Skunkrocker posted:

I will say this... JBL when he's NOT being a heel commentator or Vince's mouth piece is 100 times better than Cole on Cole's best day.

Wildly untrue

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Nope, totally true. To me.

:v:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Maybe he means on the JBL and Cole Show? Because that's the only place he's not a commentator or being puppeted by Vince. In which case, sure, he's better than Cole at things having nothing to do with commentary.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

Maybe he means on the JBL and Cole Show? Because that's the only place he's not a commentator or being puppeted by Vince. In which case, sure, he's better than Cole at things having nothing to do with commentary.

No, I mean when the matches don't have anything to do with the Authority or any of that poo poo and he's just calling the match JBL is great! He calls moves, he gets excited for huge high risk spots, he's a great commentator. And then there is Michael Cole, who proceeds during all of this to repeat what other people have had to say and reminds everyone to use the WWE App and how to download it and doesn't get excited for moves or anything and it's really lame.

That's just how I feel though, you may have a different opinion and you know what? That's okay.

craisins
May 17, 2004

A DRIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!
While I would have liked to have voted, I feel like it'd be unfair because I only watch WWE (and occasionally TNA for laughs). It's like voting for the NHL Awards but you only watch one team. :vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoredDG
Aug 10, 2013

craisins posted:

While I would have liked to have voted, I feel like it'd be unfair because I only watch WWE (and occasionally TNA for laughs). It's like voting for the NHL Awards but you only watch one team. :vince:

I feel the same way. I think I'll try to get into Roh and Lucha Underground for next year.

• Locked thread